Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Stolen Car In Ohio

DemonElf

• Member ID:  2691
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1459
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1991

To all folks in northern Ohio area like Avon, Cleveland, and such: My 1987 Chevy Caprice was stolen from the parking lot of my work, in midday no less, and I didn't know till I got off from working at 12pm. I am very upset and depressed that some dumb assed lowlife stole my ONLY means of work, school, emergency transportation. Also $500 or more in college books, $200 CB radio set, $400 laptop, $300 gps(was locked in the glovebox), tool box in the trunk containing emergeny items for if the car broke down about $100 or more, $150 graphing calculator, and also just spent $260 getting new brakes, rotors, and new grease pack on the 9th. The insurance basically screwed my mom and I since the car is too old for theft protection and we could only do liabillity. So if the car isa found but was done in by a chop shop I'm gonna sue their asses till they bleed cause I love that Chevy. Also wont have a car for a while, gotta re-buy my school books, limited transportation to the properties I mow on the side for cash.

Heres the Facebook link to the Flier of the stolen car:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/644064_2447958534935_164290113_n.jpg

• Member ID:  2985
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  20170
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966
  • Device:  Windows

Ok nothing meant by this ,but go to the hood and look for it with a set of 26's on it and cans rattling in the back!!!!

• Member ID:  3214
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2362
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Achievement Points:  14004
  • Birthday:  06/23/1981

srry to hear that demon if i was in the area id be on the hunt hope you get it back soon untouched :(

Thanks Danko, I hope it does but regardless I am pressing charge to the fullest extent. Im so pissed off atm I dont know what to do anymore. was running on 3 hours of sleep for college with no books. just a pen, pencil, notebook, Ipod, and a spare calculator. I filed a property damage report at my workplace, Pilot Flying J, There maybe an ungaranteed chance they may compensate me for the loss for atleast the average value of the car, somewhere round $4,000- $6,000 due to the condition of the car's low rust and milage, and also the items in the car.

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

I hope you get it back, that sounds like a sweet ride. That's the big drawback with owning older cars, they can be stolen easily. It pays to invest in a an alarm/kill switch, lowjack, or even a second cell phone hidden under a seat hard wired to the battery helps find it. They can track a cell signal to within a few yards.

Good luck!

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

To all folks in northern Ohio area like Avon, Cleveland, and such: My 1987 Chevy Caprice was stolen from the parking lot of my work, in midday no less, and I didn't know till I got off from working at 12pm. I am very upset and depressed that some dumb assed lowlife stole my ONLY means of work, school, emergency transportation. Also $500 or more in college books, $200 CB radio set, $400 laptop, $300 gps(was locked in the glovebox), tool box in the trunk containing emergeny items for if the car broke down about $100 or more, $150 graphing calculator, and also just spent $260 getting new brakes, rotors, and new grease pack on the 9th. The insurance basically screwed my mom and I since the car is too old for theft protection and we could only do liabillity. So if the car isa found but was done in by a chop shop I'm gonna sue their asses till they bleed cause I love that Chevy. Also wont have a car for a while, gotta re-buy my school books, limited transportation to the properties I mow on the side for cash.

https://sphotos-b.xx...164290113_n.jpg

no insurance protection? thats bs if you want that coverage on that car they have to oblige or they tell you that so you wont add it...i know i ve dealtt with that myself i only deal with insurance companies that will give me that coverage as i always put it on all my vehicles no matter how old they are...sorry to hear that but i wouldnt count on getn all ur stuff back and thats why i dont keep nothing n my cars ..good luck demon

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

Ok nothing meant by this ,but go to the hood and look for it with a set of 26's on it and cans rattling in the back!!!!

lol that was kinda of wrong lmao

Yea if the Avon (Ohio) PD find the car (in on piece I hope :( ) I will get the old Samsung gusto running or invest in a irremovable GPS unit that kills the car if stolen. Both my mom and I are biting our nails and losing sleep over this. Its rare for this city I work in to have a stolen car. But the officer said it may take approx 2-3 or more days to locate the car. It sucks the College won't let me get replacement books even temporary books. I'm glad my Account course has the electronic version available and the book is so big I had to split it in half ( book is a unbound made for 3ring binders). Not what I need with the stress of my grandfather's cancer progressing to critical stages and more chores with winter coming up, like getting wood cut and split for burning, on top of 12 credit hours of college, at least 30 hours a week at work, and landscaping. Good news is I wont lose my job because of being a reliable employee.

https://sphotos-b.xx...164290113_n.jpg

no insurance protection? thats bs if you want that coverage on that car they have to oblige or they tell you that so you wont add it...i know i ve dealtt with that myself i only deal with insurance companies that will give me that coverage as i always put it on all my vehicles no matter how old they are...sorry to hear that but i wouldnt count on getn all ur stuff back and thats why i dont keep nothing n my cars ..good luck demon

Thanks cobra, I had no time to get the school stuff out of the car because I needed the books to study on lunch break if I had time but I didn't I usually dont either and I hide the expensive items like the GPS and laptop. I locked both the stand and the Gps in the glovebox. I just hope maybe a Trucker saw the perp leaving in my chevy and calls it in.

Update: Still no sign of my car yet. Ten tons of trucker that come in where I work (Pilot Flying J) are all writing the plate number and description. Some relief there but not good as have it back, in one piece be nice... Time to look for a cheap means for transpotation, I can't be without wheels due to the mowing I have to do, job, and have to have a car just in case I have to run my grandpaw up to the hospital. I might pop into a Ftag or gungame server sometime sunday evening to knife some peeps, like Cobra or WildThing.

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  290
  • Content Count:  4407
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  36061
  • Days Won:  38
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970
  • Device:  Android

644064_2447958534935_164290113_n.jpg

WITH NO HUB CAPS I BET IT WAS A SCRAPER who stole it its been crushed and crackhead thief of a tow truck driver sold your goodies

sorry to hear your loss its nice car

• Member ID:  2048
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

classic bro ham...sorry you lost your ride.peace out

I just reported a strange phone call my mother got on Saturday. Was a male Hispanic, He first said "Who is this"?, then my mom said, "who is this", then he said "sorry wrong number" and hung up. Sound a little fishey? It does to me and the police department agrees. I have nothing against any race, I judged the call on how the call took place. Emergency contacts may of been in the car's black book where I have all the car stuff in like registration and such. If not I'm going to have to find a cheap truck. Got my ears on a late 80' Ford Ranger thats got under 100 thousand miles and little rust.

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  290
  • Content Count:  4407
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  36061
  • Days Won:  38
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970
  • Device:  Android

Tell your mother that happens again right after dail star-6-9 will give last person who called

• Member ID:  1103
  • Followers:  64
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1977
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  15642
  • Birthday:  01/01/2012

Good Luck Elf, sorry to hear about your trouble!

Tell your mother that happens again right after dail star-6-9 will give last person who called

She was called on her cellphone and she has the number. She also used a Phone number locator and found the number came from westlake and north olmstead in Ohio.

Love how my workplace's regional manager removed all my damn fliers and made me delete my facebook post on the Pilot like-page. All because it ruins their image. Well the image is already tarnished since my car was stolen while busting my ass working. That made my blood boil...

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.19
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

but funny. lol

I hope you get her back man....... weird someone would steal such an older car. Much easier to find than some new car.

Sorry for your lose.

• Member ID:  2985
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  20170
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966

but funny. lol

I hope you get her back man....... weird someone would steal such an older car. Much easier to find than some new car.

Sorry for your lose.

Yea i know :) :) :))) Good luck finding it,Its in good shape thats why some asshole took it. ...

but funny. lol

Sorry for your lose.

Yea i know :) :) :))) Good luck finding it,Its in good shape thats why some asshole took it. ...

Probably some broke assed Druggy/ Crack head trying to get his next high. Go steal someone else's beater or better yet go rot in a damn hole.

Car Has been found in Down Town Cleveland :thumbsup: But laptop, gps, CB radio ( Antenna still there), Book bag but they left the books, Also they suspect punched the driver side door lock out and used a screw driver to gain access to the car and trunk also. They broke the steering column to start the car. The car had 8 parking tickets on her $25 each (all have been written off and we didnt have to pay) But had to pay the impound fees but was worth gettting the car back. Now if they find that asshole that stole the car so I can sue his ass that be great. Thanks all for the support.

• Member ID:  2935
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1857
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/19/1978

thats great to hear demon. glad to hear that

• Member ID:  69
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2660
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  22968
  • Days Won:  19
  • Birthday:  05/07/1965

Here's what you need....

• 4 weeks later...

• Member ID:  2126
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  516
  • Birthday:  10/31/1976

Demon, with that kind of car a GPS unit would be the answer. They are great and some of the units you can remote kill the vehicle. I have installed hundreds of them. You should look into this....also lowers insurance rates.

Edited by Jaxx.xi

Awards

Demon, with that kind of car a GPS unit would be the answer. They are great and some of the units you can remote kill the vehicle. I have installed hundreds of them. You should look into this....also lowers insurance rates.

I had a Garmin but it was a display unit I bought off the manager for a discount. I currently have a Club on it. Currently working on a kill switch that will require me closing the circuit to start the car, like a hidden push button I hold down as I turn the key. I cant afford the pop-locks keyless entry and shaving the handles off. That be a sweet addition on top of a full paint job. I recently found out about my camshafts are squaring out due to zincless oil. I currently use Valvoline MaxLife in my car. The repair cost of the lifters, valve guids and camshafts would be over $1200, which I cannot afford and be better to buy another car. I dont wanna lose my chevy :(

http://www.drivenracingoil.com/dro/new-oil-old-car