Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

What is wrong with BF4?

wildbill72

• Member ID:  1624
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  5061
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1972

I think this video just about sums it up with what is wrong with Battlefield 4,and the reason i will not part with my hard earned for a broken game.

• Member ID:  15237
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  958
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  6679
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/04/1992

I completely agree with this. this is a polished up bf3... but i still love it :P

• Member ID:  15237
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  958
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  6679
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/04/1992

The locked zone cracked me up... all he had to do was shoot the window...

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

Well i ain't gonna waste 31 minutes of my life watching that, i personally think BF3 was a better game but i still like BF4 very very much, it ain't got the wow factor of BF3 but that's only because BF3  was first, as for all the so called problems i don't see or experience any more problems then i had in the first 6 months or so with BF3, i already i have more hours playing this game in 3 months than i had in 2 years of BF3, dunno how that happened it don't feel like i have played BF4 more, all i know is we have a lot of fun every morning Me JohnnyDos, Hellkid, Edd, Rambosson, Ricko (when he gets his RAM  sorted) Sumo, Hammer, Killingman, Robdevil, Ducky, Wazzup and many more regulars, BF3  is gone now, it will soon fade into the distance, it's a shame coz it's still a great game, but these games ain't like the old Cod games where new maps and mods can be made for them, people will go to the new games because they don't wan't to be "Billy no mates" BF4 will also have a shelf life then that will be history too, it's a fun game.

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

I like the game a lot also.I have had no problems like that video states.The guy on the video never says what his sysytem is using to run the game?If there are problems I wonder why all of us on the Euro sever don't seem to have them.I hear of the odd crash and it's mainly because of memory and weak video cards I believe.For me it's a great game and a big change from the COD games.

Edited by JohnnyDos

• Member ID:  1238
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  6082
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Achievement Points:  50713
  • Days Won:  11

You're missing out on a great game, Wildbill!  We're also missing your in-game commentary a great deal!

So, time to get your feet wet and dive in!  We won't be too cruel... (Apart from Damit and OddJob who'll

tear you up from the sky, naturally!) :lol:

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

lol the problem is they will never fix this if most people say what you guys say it ok i love it lol.i dont know about you all but a $100 is a lot of money to me...its like paying 25 grand for a new car that starts only 55% of the time and saying oh its a new car it will get better lmfao...everyone out there that has bought bf4 should copy and paste the original vid and send to EA and dice and have them respond to it see what they do

Edited by 7toes_ky

lol the problem is they will never fix this if most people say what you guys say it ok i love it lol.i dont know about you all but a $100 is a lot of money to me...its like paying 25 grand for a new car that starts only 55% of the time and saying oh its a new car it will get better lmfao...everyone out there that has bought bf4 should copy and paste the original vid and send to EA and dice and have them respond to it see what they do

What needs fixing?...i have never saw that problem he had on the video, ie aiming his RPG, it's never happened to me and never heard anyone in any game i been in complain about that, obviously the fella who posted the video has a problem, maybe he's just a very bad shot lol, the only real problem i have had is my frame rate was shitty for a couple of weeks which was my internet not the game, if i had any major problems playing it i would be first to post, apart from me getting my arse kicked sometimes i don't, i just understand the point of this post, Wildbill already decided before the game came out he wasn't going to buy it so the reason cannot be because of so called problems with the game, there was no problems before the game came out was there? ok we get it you don't wanna buy it just leave the rest of us alone who like it, if the criticism was from someone who had actually played the game then it might be valid but it ain't so it's not, as i said everyone seems to forget BF3 had months of problems until it was running smooth, this is the same, everything that is supposed to be wrong with it will be fixed eventually and we will still be enjoying it then too. 

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

Well put SOB and to add to that they seem to forget how many issues a simple game like COD 5 W@W had.It was so bad that I remeber Rugger not even wanting to have it as one of the games we support.I'm also wondering if it is like that guy on the video states,why we have such a crowd on the EURO server every morning and afternoon.The game is great.When you own it then you can critisize it.But you have to make sure your machine can run it.

Edited by JohnnyDos

• Member ID:  19683
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  4968
  • Device:  iPhone

So the video is going boohoohoo that games are released with bugs in them and ohnoes the consumers are still buying the product.

Maybe that just means some people disagree with the terribleness of the games. Maybe that means, a lot of people think the game is good enough to justify the price, given that they might spend hundreds of hours playing these games. I know for a fact I've made people produce cheerful noises as they got my tags or frustrating noises as I ran over their shoes in my fresh tank. "Ducky, where's my building!" has already been yelled at me. We're having fun in BF4 mate, no worries about us.

I know you have a floppy for BF4 bill, but that doesn't mean you're right that the game is crap. And the argumentation in this video is just silly. Crying that other people buy a product in a state you don't like is not a very grown up thing to do.

EA will go bankrupt soon enough, look at their last five years. When they do and split the whole thing up into viable and dead bits, BF will land on the "viable" side of that, go to another publisher, and they will fuck it up just as bad as EA has. And in another few years, you'll be wishing EA was around yet to restore BF to the former glory of BF3 and BF4. Why? Because companies want to make money and people want to play video games. And yes, a lot of the time those are only half finished on delivery. Some are supported well and some are supported crappily. But in the end, how much fun a game is doesn't rely on support. It relies on how good the game is and how much fun the players are. Go play DayZ. It makes BF3 and BF4 look wonderfully bug free by comparison, and yet it's a huge hit. Because it's fun.

that is the point johnny they put out trash and we go they will fix it and give them our money.the game should have little or no bugs before they release it.and SOB there is a big problem with the hit boxes one time you aim and it hits dead center they die next time it is like your aiming 1 ft to the left or something.and i own almost every bf game they are getting worse at it as it goes down the line for bugs that is....would you hand over money for a brand new car you knew it had problems with it?????

that is the point johnny they put out trash and we go they will fix it and give them our money.the game should have little or no bugs before they release it.and SOB there is a big problem with the hit boxes one time you aim and it hits dead center they die next time it is like your aiming 1 ft to the left or something.and i own almost every bf game they are getting worse at it as it goes down the line for bugs that is....would you hand over money for a brand new car you knew it had problems with it?????

thats wierd it posted twice

• Member ID:  960
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  634
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4341
  • Birthday:  05/03/1963
  • Device:  Android

Have to agree with sob and johnny dos

Well i bought the game the day it came out (pre ordered it months before actually) but as they never advertised months in advance that they were releasing a game that was supposed to be beset with problems we were no wiser, same if i was buying a car if it had problems i probably wouldn't know until i had already bought it. As for the so called bad hit markers, i am not gonna dispute that it is probably true but it's strange i am getting a lot more kills in BF4  then i was in BF3, maybe it's because i am a bad shot and i am actually missing the enemy so the bad hit markers actually turn it into a good shot, as i said if i wasn't enjoying this game i would be first to post and yes we still whine that we put a full clip into this or that guy and he never died but i hear that on every game XI runs here but i am really enjoying this game  and we do have fun as DuckyofDeath as said.

Edited by Sonovabich

Have to agree with sob and johnny dos

Haha yes m8 maybe that invisible man we saw...or didn't see yesterday was a bug with the game too.....no he was just a dirty cheat :lol:

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  561
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  84
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5333
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Achievement Points:  41334
  • Days Won:  29
  • Birthday:  04/06/1992
  • Device:  Android

Bad netcode.. mm no.. not going to go for that one. 

All that looks like to me is two players with a substantial difference in ping/bandwidth to the server - one will get the packets first and the other will always be just that little bit behind. That tit should stick to single player games. 

The rest.. just look like some minor bugs to me.. and as for releasing a product with 0 bugs.. he should come on this website sometime when I'm attempting to add a feature - they are rarely bug free.

duc

• Member ID:  4
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  169
  • Topic Count:  1090
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5149
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Achievement Points:  43495
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/16/1967

• Member ID:  98
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3225
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Achievement Points:  18755
  • Birthday:  05/29/1968

• Member ID:  1624
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  5061
  • Birthday:  04/01/1972

Whats this jump on wildbill because i posted a video pointing out some of the things that sums up not just what i think is wrong with it,but some others also.Now dont get me wrong,i am glad for those who play the game and are enjoying it.....great.All i am saying is i am not willing to part with however much it is,at this moment in time for a game that in my opinion should be less buggy than it is...Which really shouldnt be the case because,how long have these companies been making fps shooters?We all went through it with battlefield 3,with the constant patches and updates.....and look at that game now,its got to be the best shooter out there and less and less people are playing it,which is a shame,but its because everyone has jumped on the bf4 bandwagon and going through the same shit again like they did with battlefield 3,which will lead to people to start getting so pissed off they will start voting with thier wallets and as Ducky points out,cause the demise of these game makers.So you would think that the major gripes with bf4 would already be ironed out.Which does'nt seem to be the case from what i have experienced of the game.

• Member ID:  19683
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  4968
  • Device:  iPhone

A huge amount of the gripes with the games are being propagated also by people who are simply not as good as they think, and blame everything other than themselves. The amount of whine we all have to endure about hitboxes, lag compensation, hit detection, netcode, spawn protection, wallhacks, aimbots and other rubbish is astonishing, considering most of it comes from people who can't aim, have shitty connections themselves, couldn't tweak their rig or their game settings to save their lives and have no use for the minimap cause they are apparently blind to it.

The hitbox desync is a one-frame latency issue where the hitbox on the server is in a different place than on your client. The only people who notice this are the sort of chap who plays ESL at the very highest level and know where their bullet went versus what they saw happen. IF you're good enough to notice that bug, you would absolutely murder every round on the XI servers. Most of the lag compensation is done by the client - simply setting network smoothing factor to 0% will fix nearly all of that lag comp ("netcode") misery ánd will make your game feel smoother. A little tweaking with the video menu and not running a ton of "make your PC faster"-crap in the background fixes virtually all of the performance bugs and what's left to complain about are a lot of real but minor bugs and a lot of balance tweaks.

There's plenty to complain about in this game. There was a lot to complain about BF3. I remember bitching a lot about BFBC2, I had the devil's own job getting my COD Black Ops server to not crash every other week, my COD4 was full of shitty hitdetection and headglitchery, Quake3 and earlier games made you hit at the hitbox on the server aall the time - if you had a 200 msec ping you had to lead your target by 200 msec. For every shot.

As for BF3 being the best game ever - that's STILL full of rubbish bugs, stupid balance decisions and utterly repetitive gameplay due to those decisions. BF3 isn't the best game ever. In my opinion it wasn't even the best game of it's time. My idea of fun is not a medic train of m16a3 users supported by jetwhores, making all other vehicles and classes redundant. BF3's gameplay wasn't even much better than BC2, if I'm honest.

You're free to indulge your nostalgia with BF3 of course, and if you feel that game is great then by all means enjoy it. But if you just come in to complain about how bad BF4 is without having really played it and to people who're obviously enjoying themselves with it a great deal, I don't know what you expect apart from a rebuttal. Nobody here is going to agree with you, since we're all on the side of "it's bugged as fuck, but the game is great".

If that feels like everyone is jumping on you... well I'm sorry you feel that way, but I think that's the reaction you should expect. If I went into the COD Ghost forum (do we have one? Or the COD4 forum then) and explain at length and with not very good arguments without having spent more than a few hours in the game why it's actually rubbish and I won't be buying it, what do you think the CODders will say? I expect either nothing or "you're wrong". That's how people work, I'm afraid.

Whats this jump on wildbill because i posted a video pointing out some of the things that sums up not just what i think is wrong with it,but some others also.Now dont get me wrong,i am glad for those who play the game and are enjoying it.....great.All i am saying is i am not willing to part with however much it is,at this moment in time for a game that in my opinion should be less buggy than it is...Which really shouldnt be the case because,how long have these companies been making fps shooters?We all went through it with battlefield 3,with the constant patches and updates.....and look at that game now,its got to be the best shooter out there and less and less people are playing it,which is a shame,but its because everyone has jumped on the bf4 bandwagon and going through the same shit again like they did with battlefield 3,which will lead to people to start getting so pissed off they will start voting with thier wallets and as Ducky points out,cause the demise of these game makers.So you would think that the major gripes with bf4 would already be ironed out.Which does'nt seem to be the case from what i have experienced of the game.

And in 2 years time we will be jumping on the BF5 bandwagon, that's how it works unfortunately. Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  3655
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  198
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1538
  • Birthday:  09/16/1991

I completely agree with this. this is a polished up bf3... but i still love it :P

I WOULD have enjoyd it more if it was just polished bf3. but they tried to make something entirely new and different and they failed, this game has the worst hit registration and netcode outta any game i have ever played. shoot a guy with mass 3 times point blank and he turns around and one shots me and i get only 12 kill assist things like that happens way too often. and for regular players they dont care about it at all ,they are just too busy getting worked up by levolution dynamic weather cool looking explosion new toys etc. but players like me and wildbill it is very frustrating having drop on a guy and using faster DPS gun like famas aek and still the baddy kills me with ak 12 or sar something ridiculous. i played bf3 few days ago omg it was so nice . dat feeling you get when you shoot the enemy and every single bullet gets registered.

Edited by SMOKEMIST

• Member ID:  3655
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  198
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1538
  • Birthday:  09/16/1991

hitreg in this game is absololutely horrible my friend. you ll get one shot by lowest DPS guns all the time if you are lucky you ll just trade. in this game it does not matter if you are good player or have good aim and reflexes muscle memory etc. you will lose a a lot of gun fights because the delay when you see a guy you start shooting at him but on his screen he already seen you and killed you 3 4 secons ago on his screen, guns are too easy to use no recoil no spread guns. you really wont know how many bullets you have to spend on one guy it might take 5 6 as it should. or it might take entire magazine and still fail to kill him. this is some messed up game dawg. but since i have no alternatives i still gotta play it over all this game is AMAZING. it just hit reg and netcode is just soooo messed up

• Member ID:  2083
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  172
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3554
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Achievement Points:  23761
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/20/1962

answer to the title of this post..................................................

IT SUCKS LIKE BF3 OMFG LMFAO!

edit ALSO........ THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR WASTING YOUR FOOKING MONEY! BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOL!

Edited by Boomer