Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Full Server

• Member ID:  1238
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Ah so there's the problem its a 20 man server . I thought it was a 22 man server. Some head admin should ask for 2 slots. As far as the redirect we should turn it off because 2 people sorry my bad 2 members don't like it ? Ever stop to think about all the other people who get redirected to an XI server ?  We do need to populate those servers as well . And seeing as you guys don't want to go there let us try to send other people there. So here's the fix look at the DM server if it says 20 don't hit the button Even better if that servers rocking why not be an even better member and go to an empty server and try to get it rocking. Or hit the button and we can do that for you.

Clearly you hadn't experienced what was happening yourself as, if you had, you'd have understood that the so-called "redirection" didn't work properly because it pointed towards an invalid server IP address.  So, the end result was a time-out at the player's end and a return to the game menu.

DM Custom Maps is popular not only due to the maps on it but the mix of folks who turn up daily to play it.  You're being highly presumptuous to expect other

servers to have that appeal, especially when they're empty...

Anyhow, Rugger's changed it now and it comes up as an 18-slot server, presumably with the final two passworded?  Let's see how it goes.

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8260
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53576
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Windows

Deejay your right this does not happen to me. I also know very well how the Breakfast Club server works. If you look around all you will see is my work from the BFC medal to the server logo. Way back when in the days of me having internet we were calling the PEOPLE who played in the early am members of the Breakfast Club. I took it on step further and made a map for us a logo then a server. Most of us who play in there help very much in getting this all started. So am I wrong to ask and expect those people to also use and populate the other servers to attract other players ? No I think I'm not wrong. Its in the people thats why you or Johnny, Beers, Rugger any one of the big names if they sit in a dead server in a few hour it will be full. The games only there to help us have fun.

• Member ID:  20166
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

I play only the DM server and as we all know it's by far the most popular COD5 server because of the mod, the maps, and the regular players who know each other well and have been playing together for years. Likewise, I greatly dislike being redirected to a server I don't like and don't play.

So, why not exactly duplicate the DM server and redirect us to that? Use the same mod and the same maps. I'd welcome that, because the same regular guys would join that server if the other one was full and there are probably 30 or 40 of we "regulars" who play DM at various times of the day. But sometimes, more than 20 of us are trying to get on at the same time.

??

• Member ID:  842
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965

Its frustrating trying to populate a new or different server....look at redline....can sit in there for hours waiting for people to come in....but when they DO come in a great time is had by all.

So, trying to populate ALL our servers should be a goal for all of us.

• Member ID:  20166
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

Its frustrating trying to populate a new or different server....look at redline....can sit in there for hours waiting for people to come in....but when they DO come in a great time is had by all.

So, trying to populate ALL our servers should be a goal for all of us.

I take your point Deerejon but I'm not interested in entering a game server I don't particularly like just because XI hosts it - and don't see why anyone else would be either. The onus should be on XI to offer members servers they want to play, not the other way around.   

• Member ID:  1095
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3639
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Achievement Points:  24702
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/23/1979
  • Device:  Android

Can't get in contact an Admin, easy. Caught in a redirect? Use console to halt the process, easy. No admins available to help you? That's another issue entirely but at least try rather than spew the same shit out post after post. Seniors are aware of this problem and will sort it. Has anyone taken a ticket out over the redirect issue? These are the steps that you do when there is an issue, bitching about it without taking any of these steps is counter productive and gets you nowhere.

Edited by NITRO

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8260
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53576
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

Its not really an issue. If a server has been moved to a new ip address and that server was one used as server that people were redirected to when a server was full. The server that was full needs to have its redrected server ip updated. That would go for all the servers that were mived .