Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

How do I recover my game key?

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6514
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63335
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954
  • Device:  Windows

I have done a new install using Windows 8>1 and it seems to work much better with my other games than Windows 7 but I can't find my game key for WaW! It's what unlocks my character info so I can play on my character BigPapaDean. Does anyone have an answer for this? Please help as I been having severe withdrawal pains from all those people saying "Dame you Dean!"  lol That always makes me smile. I hope that I can figure this thing out!

Edited by BigPapaDean

• Member ID:  1482
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2018
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15303
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967

do you have your cod5 player profile file saved somewhere?  if you don't you won't be getting you're profile back, even with the game key.

it's always a good thing to do once in awhile to save your profile and put it on a usb drive for safe keeping in case of crashes or new installs....

think you will also have to change your name a bit also if you buy a new game since your character name will be on that account where you don't have the key for anymore. something like" _BigPapaDean" with that underscore in front or behind name.

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6514
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63335
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

I have it on an old hdd that hasn't been hooked up in several months. Oh and I had this problem before and after a few minutes on the phone with ea I got them to give it to me and walla there was my profile. Tho not all my stats as that went out the door because of lack of backup. But I don't care about that just playing with my IGN! I can go there and save the profile to back up but how do I put the back up back into the WaW files?

• Member ID:  2114
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1574
  • Birthday:  06/28/1966

Download SIW (system Information for Windows).  It is freeware.  It will give you your key for COD and everything else on your computer Dean. 

• Member ID:  1482
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2018
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15303
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967

I have it on an old hdd that hasn't been hooked up in several months. Oh and I had this problem before and after a few minutes on the phone with ea I got them to give it to me and walla there was my profile. Tho not all my stats as that went out the door because of lack of backup. But I don't care about that just playing with my IGN! I can go there and save the profile to back up but how do I put the back up back into the WaW files?

the way i did it was to start the game, make a new profile then went into my files and switched the new file with the old one i had saved