Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

MW2 opinions...

Sammy

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

Some extensive SAM updates are coming. They include:

Two missiles per launcher. Damage per missile reduced.

Flares for some vehicles. Bigger aircraft = more flares.

Missiles have a variable speed depending on the target. Faster missile = shorter lifetime and larger turn radius.

Launcher rotation also faster.

When the launcher fires a flare is deployed. It will attract two missiles if both are fired at the same time. From then on the missile considers the flare its target. At the moment the AC130 has three, which potentially can attract three to six missiles. All UAVs have two. None for heli's and I dont know how that would work when hovering. If any of the other cod games does this I would need to see a vid of it.

SAM + friendly UAV:

If a UAV is active (and no enemy CUAV) visual LOS range for the launcher is increased by %50.

B2 - the launcher will know its general direction and fire its missiles in a straight line. But the missiles will not be able to see it until within a certain range. No flares.

Migs and F-15s. Both can be targetted with one missile. Things like distance, relative angles, active UAV and LOS factor in greatly. It is unlikely they will be hit before dropping their payloads but if a missile gets close enough it might cause a premature drop. No flares at this time.

Predator: looking at this one but considering a change where the UAV is visible and can be shot down before the player fires. Like other UAVs it will have flares. In a way it will be like a Reaper but it only fires one missile that you control. Opinions or other options?

Any thoughts plz post them here.

Anyone?

• Member ID:  20343
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30033
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983
  • Device:  Macintosh

Just saw this post now. That is interesting, an otherwise somewhat useless KS will become a much more formidable defensive weapon. I don't understand the predator one. You mean the SAM launcher will try to kill the predator UAV before a missile is even fired? Also, if it is fired will the flares draw it towards themselves or can we still guide it to its target.

That is the question. Should I treat it like a Reaper where you can shoot down the UAV but not the missile after it is fired. Currently there isnt one. Yes the UAV itself would have one or two flares. In this situation the missile wouldnt need one. To me this is more realistic but it is a change in how it works because you cant loiter for 30 seconds if a SAM is around. And I know how so many in XI hate change.

• Member ID:  7547
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  714
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5030
  • Birthday:  07/10/1984

I'm not sure you should be able to shoot down anything to do with the pred missile. It's explosion is already pretty weak and so you need time to aim properly

• Member ID:  1095
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3639
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Achievement Points:  24702
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/23/1979
  • Device:  Android

With all due respect I think we should sort out our dramas with the servers before we apply any more mod updates to them.

Most don't hate change here sammy. There is a difference between change with the support of players and forced change. The latter brings the shit storm that was experienced.

Currently you can shoot down the missile with a SAM and its pretty easy to do so. Doing the UAV thing, if a launcher is there, gives you some time to pick out a target and once launched you wont be shot down. So its a trade off. Would you rather have more time to look for a target and have a 50/50 chance of being shot down once you launch the missile? Or would you rather have less time to look for a target but once you launch nothing can stop you?

It would certainly need testing to see how well it works but except for how you guide the missile to the target it really would be no different than shooting from a Reaper. Just to note, as it works so far it would take 4-6 missiles to bring a UAV down depending on how many are deflected by flares. The flares deflect up to four and the other two to shoot it down. Currently the missile can be brought down with just one.

• Member ID:  20343
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30033
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983
  • Device:  Macintosh

Well, I use the predator sometimes to defrost people, especially if I am the last one left...so basically I aim at someone and start defrosting...I don't know I have mixed feelings. I can dodge the SAM missile with a little effort. I basically turn up my sensitivity and fly the predator like a plane. It used to be much more flexible, I could go around the map in circles but now there is gravitational effect and it declines. I guess you tuned it or something to that effect.

Yea and thats a bug. You're not supposed to be able to do that. :rolleyes:

No there isnt any gravity but you cannot look up beyond straight forward. It was set that way long ago to deal with a bug that would cause problems if the player flew above the map.

Who has used or knows how accurate SAMs are in BO and MW3? I havent played either enough to know and youtube vids are hardly conclusive. How often do they miss? If the vids are to believed they never do.

The ow2 launcher with two shots at a time is really cool but I am running into fx limits with all the trails, flares and explosions so I think I will be forced to stick with one at a time for each. Which is what I think BO has. The 4X one in MW3 would be impossible.

edit: it also looks like flares in mw3 dont actually attract anything and just make the missile, either launcher or hand-held, fly in a straight line. Seems BO only fires one. So I guess to keep fx in check I am going to stick with that. Sucks.

Edited by Sammy