Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

COD4 FTAG Game play and Noteworthy issues/Complaints

iboomboom

• Member ID:  2048
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967
  • Device:  Windows

i agree with frenchie.blah blah blah.you really havent addressed anything new or different that we don't already know about  .that server is always and will always be like that ,use the mute button if you dont like the chatter

• Member ID:  20343
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30033
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983

i agree with frenchie.blah blah blah.you really havent addressed anything new or different that we don't already know about  .that server is always and will always be like that ,use the mute button if you dont like the chatter

Why don't you enlighten us, all knowing almighty :D?

• Member ID:  2759
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3496
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  26464
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/27/1990

Why don't you enlighten us, all knowing almighty :D?

don't feed the trolls!

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

don't feed the trolls!

Depends what you feed them. They tend to choke on inconvenient truths.

• Member ID:  1217
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1596
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  14592
  • Birthday:  01/21/1978
  • Device:  Android

Depends what you feed them. They tend to choke on inconvenient truths.

VERY well said  @@Sammy  lmao

• Member ID:  3200
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1145
  • Birthday:  03/01/1990

Actually i like this post @boomboom, i complain about SPECS that are not even in the game doing anything just taking a spot lol but SPECS that are there watching i dont mind, i find that very good learn the other players Strategy, i try not to complain in the game the one thing i usually do complain about is the HELMETS lol those things are annoying as F! But ekk its part of the game ijust have to be patient and shoot twice at the person lol 

Boom btw stop spectating me and taking notes if you want i can send u my demo and a couple tutorials so you can learn lol !fu Boom! 

Awards

• Member ID:  922
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3472
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Achievement Points:  23224
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/01/1975

boomboom u an idiot but i love u

and i totally agree with you.

• Member ID:  3453
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  668
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5126
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  04/22/1975

I just got say sometime ci and lag is not on serverside sometime it can be your computer or isp . as sometime getting killed coming out of spawn protection remember this is where video card cpu and ping play into it this all rendering if I got fast ping im get my info fast from the server so I got my data be fore you. second if cpu and video card renders it fast im gonna see u before ur computer renders it but this should rally all least then 2 second if that.cus ping microseconds and render isn't much either.

I just got say sometime ci and lag is not on serverside sometime it can be your computer or isp . as sometime getting killed coming out of spawn protection remember this is where video card cpu and ping play into it this all rendering if I got fast ping im get my info fast from the server so I got my data be fore you. second if cpu and video card renders it fast im gonna see u before ur computer renders it but this should rally all least then 2 second if that.cus ping microseconds and render isn't much either.

Correct. Apart from network lag, there are localized lag injections to be considered. CPU, GPU Rendering (negligible), Display input lag (ms) + Screen Refresh. In BF4 I noticed that when my CPU is OC'ed to 4.0Ghz. The number 2 seconds is very high, the localized lag would be in milliseconds  and anything totaling over 100ms would be a serious disadvantage to the player. Add network lag on top of it, and I mean the connection interrupts not the ping to the server itself. 

An average 60Hz monitor refreshes the screen 60 times per second that means your screen image is refreshed every 16.67ms. If your screen refresh rate is 5ms. This 5ms is the time it takes for all the pixels to be updated with the new bitmap. Add this to the 16.67ms and then the actual time it takes to display a new bitmap on your screen is 21.67ms. This does not take in to account the input lag, your GPU sends the updated image to your monitor but the monitor needs time to process and do the above mentioned actions. The time to do this processing may be in parallel to the screen image update time. For the fastest TN panel its around 7-8ms. Believe it or not this difference in msecs adds up and makes all the difference in "I got shot before I could even see them."

Actually i like this post @boomboom, i complain about SPECS that are not even in the game doing anything just taking a spot lol but SPECS that are there watching i dont mind, i find that very good learn the other players Strategy, i try not to complain in the game the one thing i usually do complain about is the HELMETS lol those things are annoying as F! But ekk its part of the game ijust have to be patient and shoot twice at the person lol 

Boom btw stop spectating me and taking notes if you want i can send u my demo and a couple tutorials so you can learn lol !fu Boom! 

You twitchy bunny don't flatter yourself, haha. Actually the most fun for me to watch is @@JAH, he is like an action hero in a cartooned movie, and yes you're pretty fun to spectate too.

On a separate note, studying one's game play gives you insight and you can predict their movements. It's very fun to do.

Edited by iboomboom

• Member ID:  5857
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1487

You twitchy bunny don't flatter yourself, haha. Actually the most fun for me to watch is @@JAH, he is like an action hero in a cartooned movie, and yes you're pretty fun to spectate too.

On a separate note, studying one's game play gives you insight and you can predict their movements. It's very fun to do.

You are even weirder than I thought ...................

Get out, breathe some fresh air, meet a girl, preferably a real one not a cyber one .... :lol:

• Member ID:  3453
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  668
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5126
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  04/22/1975

lol real or cyber most girls now aday r filled with silicone :)

Thats ok. Many women have sailine implants... siicone is gone I thought... while many men use rogain or have a rug. So it all balances out.

• Member ID:  5857
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1487

Thats ok. Many women have sailine implants... siicone is gone I thought... while many men use rogain or have a rug. So it all balances out.

someone else needs to get out more ...................... lol

Meaning?

Meaning?

He now finds you weirder than me.

You are even weirder than I thought ...................

Get out, breathe some fresh air, meet a girl, preferably a real one not a cyber one .... :lol:

Women are expensive man, they take the peace out of your life one piece at a time. Financial strain, mental strain, if only you could create one on a computer and print it with a 3D printer, with a silence mode option... LMAO!

Found a good article on Hit Detection/Input Prediction. It explains how some times we can empty an entire clip in to someone, they would never know it and you would be frustrated as hell. This happened to me today on a very small map. Scripter was on the stairs camping our spawn, I ran in the dark behind a counter and emptied an entire clip in to him. I went full burst half way thru then adjusted my aim again and went small bursts nothing fucking happened. He didn't even look at me. I reloaded and just went full AUTO and got the kill. My lagometer showed no red spikes I didn't check Scripter's ping though. Anyways, a snippet of interest from the article below.

Source: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/networking-lag-compensation-and-hit-detection.1125018/

"You shoot at the guy on the left, because that's what you see. However the target is moving to the right. You aim, and shoot. Your console/PC sends your position, direction, and the fact that you shot to the server. Now lets say that you have a latency of something nuts like 200 ms. By the time that your command reaches the host/server, the target has moved to the spot on the right. But if the game utilizes the data exactly as you sent it, then it would register as a miss because there's no player there now. This is where Lag Compensation comes into play. Lag compensation effectively "rewinds time." It digs through its memory for a game state that matches the client's information and implements it under those conditions. This accounts for latency, interpolation, and anything else that creates a time delay that the game can manage to quantify."

Therefore, those who have a ping of 300ms or higher, thank you for playing but FUCK your ping. Giving you the stink eye @@Nighto , the stink eye.

• Member ID:  2184
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  238
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1743
  • Birthday:  09/04/1975

@@iboomboom, you can spec all you like as far as I'm concerned.  I used to do that a lot too when I was still learning how to play.  Eventually you'll be good enough to play with us... :)  I do like your post but there are two things that I'd like to add.  One is a real complaint I have and one is an observation.

The observation is that the lag/CI issues seem to be related to the numbers of players in the game.  I will complain about that because when we get above about 26 people on the servers (including specs) a large share of my deaths are lag/CI related.  It has become frustrating lately....but that is just bitching by me.  The lag problems, although not evenly applied, do seem to impact us all.

My real complaint are those people that turn smoke off (read: change their ambient occlusion) outside the game. I don't care about lag hoppers and love playing against campers - what I don't appreciate are those people that change (video card) settings outside of the game to see through smoke and nullify a whole feature of the game.  There are snipers that sit in the only pathway between two areas with this feature set and just rack up the kills...pathetic.  These people should just stop playing the game if this is what is required for them to get kills.   This is a much different problem than the smoke dissipating - as you mentioned in your first post.

/bitchingoff.

@@iboomboom, you can spec all you like as far as I'm concerned.  I used to do that a lot too when I was still learning how to play.  Eventually you'll be good enough to play with us... :)  I do like your post but there are two things that I'd like to add.  One is a real complaint I have and one is an observation.

The observation is that the lag/CI issues seem to be related to the numbers of players in the game.  I will complain about that because when we get above about 26 people on the servers (including specs) a large share of my deaths are lag/CI related.  It has become frustrating lately....but that is just bitching by me.  The lag problems, although not evenly applied, do seem to impact us all.

My real complaint are those people that turn smoke off (read: change their ambient occlusion) outside the game. I don't care about lag hoppers and love playing against campers - what I don't appreciate are those people that change (video card) settings outside of the game to see through smoke and nullify a whole feature of the game.  There are snipers that sit in the only pathway between two areas with this feature set and just rack up the kills...pathetic.  These people should just stop playing the game if this is what is required for them to get kills.   This is a much different problem than the smoke dissipating - as you mentioned in your first post.

/bitchingoff.

You're right moonpie, that's very true about the people turning off smoke and trees but its hard to prove. Without proof it is all but an educated speculation. If anyone has any ideas how to figure this out let me know, I will give it a try. I don't mind getting kicked by PunkBuster for a good cause as long as it's not a permban. I agree CIs are horrible this time, and they come at the most in opportune time. 

On another note, not that I am bragging or anything... haha 33 kill streak on the first screen shot. You may call me a noob if it makes you feel better, but I don't spectate to 'learn' tricks its for pure entertainment. For me its like watching TV before going to bed. @[member=moonpie]

I brought my KDR from .3 to 1.57 and usually skill rating is within the top 5 not that I care too much for that but just to say I know how to play well.

542c17fb949a9_shot0004.jpg

542c1836eff7e_shot0003.jpg

Edited by iboomboom

• Member ID:  2184
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  238
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1743
  • Birthday:  09/04/1975

@@iboomboom, clearly these fabricated images never happened. I wouldn't believe it unless someone trustworthy like @@TaGg3r or @@Giggles posts them.  Until then I'm just going to assume you are trying to steal all my tricks...silly rabbit.

You're right moonpie, that's very true about the people turning off smoke and trees but its hard to prove. Without proof it is all but an educated speculation. If anyone has any ideas how to figure this out let me know, I will give it a try. I don't mind getting kicked by PunkBuster for a good cause as long as it's not a permban. I agree CIs are horrible this time, and they come at the most in opportune time. 

On another note, not that I am bragging or anything... haha 33 kill streak on the first screen shot. You may call me a noob if it makes you feel better, but I don't spectate to 'learn' tricks its for pure entertainment. For me its like watching TV before going to bed. @[member=moonpie]

I brought my KDR from .3 to 1.57 and usually skill rating is within the top 5 not that I care too much for that but just to say I know how to play well.

542c17fb949a9_shot0004.jpg

542c1836eff7e_shot0003.jpg

Photoshop!  lol

If only XFire wouldn't crash on map loads, I would record my games. It just doesn't work right. I tried the AMD gaming Evolved but that crap isn't baked yet. 

If only XFire wouldn't crash on map loads, I would record my games. It just doesn't work right. I tried the AMD gaming Evolved but that crap isn't baked yet. 

have you tried OBS?

Yes once you get the settings correct OBS works very well. However its a pain in the ass to get a video editor to use it because of the 264 container/format.

Yes once you get the settings correct OBS works very well. However its a pain in the ass to get a video editor to use it because of the 264 container/format.

I use adobe premier .. works fine.   I'm sure any editor would work fine once you have codec installed. (if you editor didn't come with the codec)

I use adobe premier .. works fine.   I'm sure any editor would work fine once you have codec installed. (if you editor didn't come with the codec)

I tried, figuring out the settings was not intuitive, I have the attention span of a 3 year old. I moved on to AMD Gaming Evolved - Raptr which takes no hit on my FPS. The only caveat being that it works half the way. The quality is much better too.