Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

COD4 FTAG Game play and Noteworthy issues/Complaints

iboomboom

• Member ID:  1445
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  721
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  5571
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/23/1963
  • Device:  Windows

Therefore, those who have a ping of 300ms or higher, thank you for playing but FUCK your ping. Giving you the stink eye @@Nighto , the stink eye.

Well it shits me with people whining about people with a high ping being hard to kill  -  has anyone checked how many fucking times I get killed?  My high ping does nothing for me....

• Member ID:  20343
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30033
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983
  • Device:  Macintosh

Well it shits me with people whining about people with a high ping being hard to kill  -  has anyone checked how many fucking times I get killed?  My high ping does nothing for me....

Bosun, don't take this the wrong way but have you considered the possibility that you just might suck that  much? :D LOL j/k.... 

Edited by iboomboom

• 3 weeks later...

@@Sammy

#1. I have hardwired, I turn in to a RCXD and right after I blow up my car in that brief moment someone's EMP nade goes off. I still get the communications JAM that keeps me from using my next KS. I think this is a bug. Also, even if I don't have Hardwired while I am a car an EMP nade jam should not effect when I get new spawn protection after the car blows up. 

#2. Can you make the font for on screen messages smaller? "Hardwired is protecting you from Counter UAV" It gets in the way of the POV maybe move it up higher towards the top edge. Same for "Press F to retrieve the bouncy betty". It stays on screen for a good 5 seconds and becomes distracting. 

Just my observations.

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

1: I assume you mean the EMP on the car. Yea I think currently, when the car is over, it still affects you for a short time. I see how that doesnt exactly seem right. Because player clones are not enabled (meaning you cannot be shot or hit by EMP directly) it gives the nade a little extra. Consider it feedback from a little car with a video link to you that went phft that overloaded your electronics. Some people call this a bug, others call it a 'feature'. However I suppose I should add hardwired so if you have that the feedback wont affect you.

2: I could but that little change requires adding another custom version of a menu item. There is very little room for adding custom menus and that is hardly worth it. Add too many and the server crashes. But perhaps there is a graphical thing I can do... using existing materials... that tells people what happened. I am open to ideas.

Long term, for the next update, is maybe use the same ones for 'defrosting' but I have to be careful there are no conflicts. If you are standing next to an explosive, with the message, but start defrosting someone what should that text element do? What should it do when you stop defrosting? All those little things have to be accounted for or you get wierdness or script errors. Parts of that requires rebuilding the mod so I cant do it on the current one with script changes.

I see. A feature request: can we have a keybind similar to drop object for "FART". Consider it a temporary stealth smoke. Everyone gets one "puff". The idea is that you kill someone really annoying you can fart smoke on their bubble :D. Can we do it, please?

Now you're just being silly. :harhar:

• Member ID:  21406
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  552
  • Birthday:  01/07/1964

All are valid points you have made Boom. I'm not pointing fingers, because it is hard to prove when someone is "hacking". So, just because you may think someone is a excellent player doesn't mean they are not hacking. Yes I do get frustrated and even leave the game when I suspect someone is, that's just me. But, I also know that this is just a game and a form of "stress" relief for me. I'm not an all out "Pro" gamer nor do I care to be. I'm not even all that savey on computers for that matter. Now my brother on other hand is. He's a great Tech and game designer and has even designed maps that are played on COD. He has set up my computer for playing and is still adding to it. He has put a lag meter for me to watch in game. He has told me that you can even watch that meter and if you have someone hacking close to you it will read large lag spikes which the lag spikes slow you down, thus making it easier to be killed. I have seen this happen to me a few time in game and it is usually players that aren't regulars playing and it's very noticable. Now as for camping yes, I do camp and prolly more than I run and gun it's just me and the way I was trained in the real world. When you're up against numbers, it means more eyes watching an area meaning any and all sudden movements are detected and detections mean probability of being shot at, by more than one person making chances of being killed or wounded more likely. Whether this makes since in game hell, I don't know it's just my instinct. Now for the big problem COMPLAINING. What to hell good is complaining? One: I don't think you admins are paid. Two: you don't want to spend all your time reading a hundred complaints from every Tom, Dick That's Hairy and then spend the rest of "your" playing time trying to figure it out. Three: 95 out of 100 are bull$h!t complaints anyway ( unless it's me complaining, mine are all 100% legit...lol).  One last thing before y'all kick my sorry a$$ off the board and drop all chances of me ever becoming a clan member. I'm sure some spectating is is needed, but when the server is full and you have 11 players in game and 20 spectating with players trying to get into the server to play, I think the line needs to be drawn there and less spectating, so that player can actually come into the server and enjoy playing the game. Just my opinion. I will end on this note. I have been playing on your servers for a few years now and  just joined the site a few weeks ago and have met a lot of fantastic people and have even enjoyed a few games on here and hope to enjoy even more. I even hope that I can help y'all make these server stay active and fun to enjoy for a long time to come. Thanks for all the fun!

Edited by xxSHOOTERxx

• Member ID:  3368
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  444
  • Birthday:  03/04/1988

nice post

• Member ID:  1786
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1062
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  7865
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  07/21/1985

holy mule.. there is a lot of bla bla bla bla bla bla and justin T cry me a river going on here.. 

boomboom.. shut it play the game and stop acting like a sheman! ;-) 

Yup there is a thing called a paragraph. Otherwise it makes it tough to read.

holy mule.. there is a lot of bla bla bla bla bla bla and justin T cry me a river going on here.. 

boomboom.. shut it play the game and stop acting like a sheman! ;-) 

Who gave you permission to speak? Go sit in your corner and be all white and quiet.

#2. Can you make the font for on screen messages smaller? "Hardwired is protecting you from Counter UAV" It gets in the way of the POV maybe move it up higher towards the top edge. Same for "Press F to retrieve the bouncy betty". It stays on screen for a good 5 seconds and becomes distracting. 

I made a small change, should be running next map, for care package owner 'retrieve' messages. Works correctly here but uploaded try it out on the server. Instead of the bold print line at the top it will be on the bottom part that uses the lower message line the game uses for stuff like "you will spawn next round". Unfortunately because of string limitations I cannot have specific ones for each type... airstrike/rc/etc... but a generic one that is used for all of them. I figure the icon at the top is good enough for knowing what is in it.

Keep a look out for errors and anything about running out of unique strings. If this works I will be able to do it in some more places without having to recompile the mod.

I made a small change, should be running next map, for care package owner 'retrieve' messages. Works correctly here but uploaded try it out on the server. Instead of the bold print line at the top it will be on the bottom part that uses the lower message line the game uses for stuff like "you will spawn next round". Unfortunately because of string limitations I cannot have specific ones for each type... airstrike/rc/etc... but a generic one that is used for all of them. I figure the icon at the top is good enough for knowing what is in it.

Keep a look out for errors and anything about running out of unique strings. If this works I will be able to do it in some more places without having to recompile the mod.

Thanks Sammy, I will update you once I get a chance to test it.

@@Sammy, in the current mod when a mini nuke goes off and u're in spawn protection why do u still die when you come out of it and all the people who were supposed to die have died? I was a car, my car blew up by the mini nuke but  then I let the timer expire and the radiation still killed me. This is non-sense IMO.

Could you be more specific how that works? Are you talking about regular spawn protection or the protection after leaving the car? I am pretty sure the radiation part, once its applied to whoever is in range, is done. Like a flashbang. But its been awhile since I looked at it and maybe its supposed to act like gas.

A request for everyone:

The 'hint' message at the bottom that says 'you will respawn next round'. What other kinds of messages show up there and when + which gametypes? Also the timer underneath it? I have been moving for the mod update notification msgs like press F to retrieve explosive from the top but in the lower part of the screen but there is very little room for stuff. I may need to move things around. The printline for player kills and server notifications on the left can get pretty long and conflict with other elements.

Specific scenario:

Enemy called Mininuke airstrike, I quickly turned in to a car, 2 seconds in the car the Mininuke destroys my car. I now have spawn protection but I hear the radiation sound going off. I run away as far as possible from the radiation zone and let my spawn protection run out so I wouldn't die. The moment it times off I die, WTF. It was a medium sized map.

Messages that show up with big font:

- Hardwired is protecting you from Counter UAV

- Presss F to retrieve [...]

- Teams will be auto balanced next round - I don't fucking care DISAPPEAR

These are the notable ones from the top of my head.

Edited by iboomboom