Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

mp_hunt_winter

• Member ID:  42
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8264
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53611
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Android

@@2_MANY_BEERS  @@djMot  I've uploaded the map to the main redirect the dm1 server and the FT server. It does not work on the FT server probably too big. I have not tested it on the DM server I'll leave that to you too and to place in the rotation somewhere if it works. I am having problems logging into the linux server FTp so I've done nothing in there yet either.

Edited by Labob

its noon and I'm off to work . I still have not been able to upload the map to the linux ftp if one of you guys can do this please.

• Member ID:  3189
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5233
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  48746
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957
  • Device:  Windows

What should this be considered, @@Labob - a small. medium, or large map for the DM1 rotations? 

I will copy the map from the redirect to the MW, DM1 and DM2 servers.  I will also put it as the first map in the current rotation once I know what size it should be placed into on DM1.   I could get it onto MW and DM2 as soon as the ftp copy is done, too, I suppose...

• Member ID:  96
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  107
  • Topic Count:  1048
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  8804
  • Content Per Day:  1.65
  • Achievement Points:  62131
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/30/1954

When I looked all of the files were not copied to the DM1 server yet. Missing all of the FF and iwd files. Loaded it to the DM1 server. DJ you don't have to put the docs in a separate folder map will run with them in the main map folder. I probably never told you that. Sorry

• Member ID:  3189
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5233
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  48746
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957

@@2_MANY_BEERS - When I first looked at the redirect, there was a mp_hunt_winter folder inside another mp_hunt_winter folder.  The nested folder contained the actual map files.  I assumed the redirect would not work with the actual map files nested like that, so I renamed the outer mp_hunt_winter folder to mp_hunt_winter-with-docs and copied the inner mp_hunt_winter out to the usermaps folder.  That should have fixed the redirect.  But yes, I probably could have just skipped all that and put all the files in one folder. 

As for DM1, DM2, and MW, I just copied the new single mp_hunt_winter folder over to them.  I guess I actually didn't check the game servers after the copy to verify it was all correct, but the copy progress dialog I got during the copies made it look like everything was going to the right place.  Thanks for fixing whatever snafu occurred.

I actually knew what I was doing.  I just made a spot decision to rename what was originally placed on the redirect and create a new, correct map folder from the nested folder I found.  I did it that way as a form of documentation of what was there originally so if what I had done turned out to bork the map, it would easily have been put back to how I found it.  There is an "arena" file in the outer folder that I've never seen before.  It's contents look like a JSON file, and I had no idea what it's for or why the files were organized the way they were when I found them.

• Member ID:  96
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  107
  • Topic Count:  1048
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  8804
  • Content Per Day:  1.65
  • Achievement Points:  62131
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/30/1954

Yeah there are a couple of maps that have arena.files in them. They don't hurt anything. The map runs on the DM2 server and the MW server. Don't know what will happen at map change though. Remember we had trouble with alot of the maps on these Linux servers. We will have to watch it in rotation. Cool Beans and it is a nice map.

the confused map folder could of been done by me. My internet seems to not like the cold.