Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

For Those Who Loved to Play on DM1

• Member ID:  3189
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5233
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  48746
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957
  • Device:  Windows

It is with my sincerest regrets that I announce that the DM1 server (home of the original Breakfast Club) has suffered an un-recoverable reset. :o

:(

All of your classes have been wiped, and if you should decide to continue to play there, you will be starting from scratch.  You will, however, rank-up to level 65 within a minute or two of joining the server.  After that, you will have access to all regular classes and weapons.  However, you will be demoted back to 4-Star next to your name and any advanced rank you had earned is apparently lost.  I'm unclear what the implications are for the advanced classes and weapon unlocks.  You may have to go through that all over again, too.

As the responsible Admin for DM1, I am shocked and saddened at the damage this will do to the reputation of this server, and I sincerely regret the inconvenience this causes to all the players who love to play there.  My plans for this server (which were not only fun, but extensive) have been dashed - at least in the near term.

I did not authorize the change that occurred, nor was the matter even discussed with me.  I am sure there could have been a more graceful way to handle the changes, and I expect there would have been a way to preserve the server while performing the update that I was told (after the fact) was necessary.  As the DM2 server came through with pretty new banners and all player and server settings and levels intact, I am sure a more calculated approach could have preserved DM1 through these updates.  Even if I am wrong, the simple fact that the changes occurred without warning or discussion will exact an immediate and negative toll on utilization of this server. 

I had hoped to phase in many fun changes in the coming weeks while everyone continued to enjoy playing on the server.  A more gradual approach fits better into my already horribly screwed up life.  I was unprepared to find DM1 in ruins this morning and do not have the kind of time necessary for a quick recovery, but I will do everything in my power to resurrect DM1 as rapidly as is humanly possible - for this human, that is.

Again, my sincerest regrets and apologies.

In the mean time, please enjoy playing on DM2 - Beers is doing a Spectacular job with that server!  :thumbsup:

I will make an announcement when DM1 is ready for normal battle operations again.  And you're always welcome to come play there during the rebuilding phase.  Expect a little dust and rubble, though.   :2guns:

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8264
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53611
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Android

Again I'm sorry DJ. I was the one who did the name change. What has not been said here was we had 2 servers with the exact same names getting there files from the same folder off of the main redirect. So for me to change one server it would show up on the other server. I would not do that type of change without a server admins permission. So having said that, sooner or later this would of had to happen. Now the server is exactly the same as it was. What was lost here is the player profiles for that server. To all the players I do apologize as well I hope my reason for doing this is acceptable. The server name was changed to xidmace1 . We have all been through this before and have managed to reset our classes so I do not think its to big of a problem to recover from.  As for the pretty new banners on dm2 Beers asked me to do this for him and in doing so I discovered the problem with both acemod dm servers. This truly had to be addressed and fixed. 

Yes I could of changed the DM2 server name. My train of thought was 1 first I did not remember that changing a name removes player profiles. There is a lot to remember doing what I do.

To DJ if you would like your server tweaked with new images all you have to do is ask you know I'll be more then happy to help out.

To all player I do apologize for the extra work here. Please take some game time and go into dm1 and reset your classes it onlt takes a few minutes to do . Mine are done.

Forgot

DJ maybe a blessing in in disguise here but maybe this is a good time to make it your server not somebody else server that you took over.

• Member ID:  1942
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  142
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1424
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  10848
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/21/1965

Sorry to hear this djMot your passion for the server really shines through in your post. I am sure your players will continue to support you and the server will be back to normal in no time :) and lets be honest...... who really cares about stars after your name....... its the people that makes playing enjoyable and the experience memorable.

I might even pop in myself to show support :)

onwards and upwards   

• Member ID:  54
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  492
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4490
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  31921
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/17/1965

just jump in there got all my classes sorted easy

Awards

• Member ID:  59
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  2109
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  15107
  • Days Won:  13

Shit Happens.  Don't worry.....  Be Happy !!!

• Member ID:  96
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  107
  • Topic Count:  1048
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  8804
  • Content Per Day:  1.65
  • Achievement Points:  62131
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/30/1954

Again I'm sorry DJ. I was the one who did the name change. What has not been said here was we had 2 servers with the exact same names getting there files from the same folder off of the main redirect. So for me to change one server it would show up on the other server. I would not do that type of change without a server admins permission. So having said that, sooner or later this would of had to happen. Now the server is exactly the same as it was. What was lost here is the player profiles for that server. To all the players I do apologize as well I hope my reason for doing this is acceptable. The server name was changed to xidmace1 . We have all been through this before and have managed to reset our classes so I do not think its to big of a problem to recover from.  As for the pretty new banners on dm2 Beers asked me to do this for him and in doing so I discovered the problem with both acemod dm servers. This truly had to be addressed and fixed. 

Yes I could of changed the DM2 server name. My train of thought was 1 first I did not remember that changing a name removes player profiles. There is a lot to remember doing what I do.

To DJ if you would like your server tweaked with new images all you have to do is ask you know I'll be more then happy to help out.

To all player I do apologize for the extra work here. Please take some game time and go into dm1 and reset your classes it onlt takes a few minutes to do . Mine are done.

The new graphics on Beer's server are stunning!  However, he could have been delayed for a day or two while we sorted this out, thereby averting the inconvenience to the entire COD5 player community on these two servers, or one of them at least.

If both servers were pulling from the same place, then a duplicate of that "same place" could have been created and then the servers severed from each other and told to look in their respective, separate places.  I view this as a matter of haste and not of un-avoidability.  At the very least, the community could have been advised of the disruption several days before the change so the server could have coasted to a graceful stop rather than slamming into a brick wall.  But again, I've been at this IT shit for way to long to just take on faith that this was unavoidable.  We could have fixed this without abruptly wrecking a server in the process.  I could be wrong, idk, but I never had the chance to investigate alongside a team of people who actually act together to determine the possibilities and formulate a joint plan of agreed upon action.

As for the notion that it's a blessing in disguise, well, I'm not sure how.  God bless Beers and his seemingly endless hours to play and tweak his server.  It speaks to how "together" his life is and the choice he has in how to spend his leisure/hobby time.  I, on the other hand, have the most fucked up life of anyone I know, and playtime is a precious commodity to me - something I have almost none of.  You could have probably done to DM2 what you did to DM1 and Beers would have had it up and back to normal in a matter of a day or two - if even that - complete with shiny new graphics and all.  But again, I am loathe to believe that a simple name change had to be a complete brick wall.  What I see as the real tragedy here is that the players will just move on to DM2 because they didn't loose anything there, and it looks all shine and new - even if it's just the candy coating.  It will take me some time to get DM1 back in a state where it actually looks attractive again, even with the same old candy coating.

But whatever.  I'll try my best to cool off.  No point in arguing it anymore.  What's done is done.  Moving on...

Edited by djMot

• Member ID:  1850
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  98
  • Topic Count:  328
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8620
  • Content Per Day:  1.74
  • Achievement Points:  55994
  • Birthday:  06/19/1948

That's ok guys we are big boys and everything will work out just one step at a time.

Thats the whole thing DJ this started back on Jan 18th when Beers pm'd me to find a way to change something. We failed on that and tried something else and it ended up being this. To get this done I had to find the graphics find the right files to replace pass them by beers, once that was done hook up with Rugger because the name change has to be on the command line as well. It was a lot of little things to get what beers was looking for. A lot of my time was spent doing it. I also help others out as well. I lose all my game time and I promise I would do the same for you. Just ask. All you need is the idea and we can probably end up with it happening. So I do work with everybody what I missed was one little link between your server and Beer's server. This ended up a huge pain in the butt. But it was going to happen either to your server or Beer's server. You must agree that 2 servers playing the same mod on the same game would have a big chance at making a bigger mistake. Also please keep in mind the only thing that has changed is the players own classes this has nothing to do with your server. The reason everybody is downloading the mod again is because the name has changed nothing else. People will be back just as if nothing has happpened.

• Member ID:  2082
  • Followers:  59
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1180
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  10096
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/31/1980
  • Device:  iPhone

And here i was.. thinking my computer was fucked up again.... but it`s not...   Finaly its not my FUCK UP. 

No big deal dough... starting over.  :stuart:  :stuart: 

Awards

• Member ID:  151
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  9137
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Achievement Points:  94148
  • Days Won:  314
  • Birthday:  05/17/1959
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Ya, don't stress out over it dj! You guys do a great job, shit happens. It's a game and we're big kids!

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6519
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63373
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

And I thought I was the only woman that has to deal with anxiety and stress from pms and other forms of meanness! I feel so much better now I have a sister to suffer with me! Actually dj even I was not bothered with what happened and you know how sensitive I am, but I had other issues that kept me from any server for almost a month! I count it a blessing to even be able to play like I like to play regardless which server! Life is good and I am happy even with all the anxiety and stress I have been having lately and for no good reason! Take it easy!

• Member ID:  20779
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1398
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/06/1997

omg my ranks. that was hard work lol ....who must be punished for it wikiline_DS.gif

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

im sorry labob but you must be punished lol  :devil:   :popo: now djmot lets get that server rockin to my standards lol oh i mean your standards and !FU BEERS lol

omg my ranks. that was hard work lol ....who must be punished for it wikiline_DS.gif

Sorry Panzergirl.  Nothing I can do to fix it for you.  We all have to start over on DM1.  :(

I am thinking about a Shotgun Get-A-Grip Day so we can all re-earn our grip.  Lord knows we all need one!  But I think that should wait till people have had a chance to Prestige-up as high as they want to get first since each new Prestige step resets all weapon unlocks.

And I thought I was the only woman that has to deal with anxiety and stress from pms and other forms of meanness! I feel so much better now I have a sister to suffer with me! Actually dj even I was not bothered with what happened and you know how sensitive I am, but I had other issues that kept me from any server for almost a month! I count it a blessing to even be able to play like I like to play regardless which server! Life is good and I am happy even with all the anxiety and stress I have been having lately and for no good reason! Take it easy!

This isn't anxiety or stress, @@BigPapaDean.  This is just plain old pissed off  from when someone wrecks your server (the clan's historically significant DM Server!) without warning.

Now had this happened on the eve of my period, all holy hell would have broke loose!  :devil:

Edited by djMot

lmao can we get djmot a spit my dummy out of the pram medal plz...........................................................  :whistle:

Awards

when someone wrecks your server

Once again so you understand your server has not changed. If it has please let me know I'll fix it for you.

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

No sweat guys!! Appreciate everything that ALL of you folks do to keep us in the game.

Once again so you understand your server has not changed. If it has please let me know I'll fix it for you.

@@Labob - Really Labob?  Tell that to everyone who plays there.  Yes, the files up on the game server are the same, BUT the instant anyone tries to go into that server, everything they had worked to build for themselves evaporates into a puff of greasy black smoke - classes, prestige, weapon unlocks, challenge completions... Everything.  You can tell everyone that the server has not changed till the cows come home, but when they go in there and find they have to start all over, it sure as hell doesn't seem like nothing has changed!

For those of you following this thread, I can offer one ray of sunshine - As @@7toes_ky and I found last evening, it is kind of interesting (fun even) seeing what it's like to start over and get a "Challenge Complete" for doing things that seem so basic and every-day to us seasoned COD5 Professionals.  It's rather nostalgic being a noob again. 

And a recommendation - If you intend to Prestige-Up again (unlock additional class slots that you can build out) remember that with each Prestige level-up, you loose everything to gain that additional level slot.  So maybe just work with one class until you've earned as much Prestige as you need, then go about finalizing your load-outs.

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

lmao can we get djmot a spit my dummy out of the pram medal plz...........................................................  :whistle:

I greatly appreciate DJ's passion and support for those who have made this server their home for years. It's greatly appreciated and demonstrates what a game admin should be: someone who cares more about the players rather than himself; who puts them first. DJ you're a star!!

I greatly appreciate DJ's passion and support for those who have made this server their home for years. It's greatly appreciated and demonstrates what a game admin should be: someone who cares more about the players rather than himself; who puts them first. DJ you're a star!!

Thanks Harry!  :)

RIGHT WHATS THE FUCKING PROBLEM WITH YOU PEOPLE  ?? IF YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO REPLY TO YOUR POST PUT IT IN THE ADMIN SECTION ::::::::

Awards