Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Get a Grip Day on COD5 DM1 (and other DM1 Server News)

• Member ID:  3189
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5230
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  48729
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957
  • Device:  Windows

It's been a couple of weeks now since everyone went back and started over on DM1.  I hope you all have had a chance to rank up and prestige up as much as you've wanted.  Surprisingly, I think a lot of us had kind of a warm, nostalgic kind of feeling re-living all the "challenges" we went through so many years(!) ago.  Okay, maybe not so warm and nostalgic, but they somehow seemed way more trivial and easily achieved this time around, didn't they?

But there is one challenge that never was trivial or easy - getting your shotgun grip.  As we all know, a shotgun without a grip is about effective as a straw and some spit-wad.  You can inflict some damage, but it takes a carefully placed shot.  And we've also been quite delighted when our spit-wad shooter suddenly became a weapon of lethal destruction once a grip was strapped on.

It takes 25 kills with a naked shotgun to earn a grip.  And so with that in mind...

Saturday February 28 is "Get a Grip Day"

• All day Saturday, we'll work on getting our grip by using shotguns only.  This will be an honor system; the server won't force you to only have a shotgun, but you will be expected to get with the program and use only your shotgun.  Once you get your grip, letting others get a sacrificial kill or two on you would certainly be appreciated by those still trying to make the grade.  And please continue to play without a grip even after you've earn yours because it really is an unfair advantage against those who don't have one yet.  Again, honor system on all of this, but expect to take some flack, or even get a friendly kick if you're just not playing along.
  • If you miss this one, or if you still want to prestige-up some more before going for your grip, we'll probably have another Get a Grip Day in the not too distant future.

Other DM1 Server News:
Over time I'd like to begin implementing special, single-day detours from normal Death Match ops.  Things like Shotgun Saturday, Sniper Sunday, Team Death Match Tuesday, Low Gravity Day, and others.  I think the ACE Mod (which is the mod running on DM1) has a lot of untapped potential that could stand some exploring.  Could be fun!  I'd love to hear your thoughts. (I said thoughts, not gripes! ;) )

Some current changes on DM1 are:

• Addition of announcement messages at the beginning of the match to alert you to upcoming events and for other reminders.
  • Elimination of dogs (maybe I'll bring them back, but even at eighty-percent strength, they were too viscous. I will play with this over time.)
  • Player-based rotations (where the physical map size is determined by how many people are in the server when the map loads) have been turned off. This facilitates better ability to control maps through rcon and hlsw because these tools don't understand player-based rotations.  Sometimes problematic to have many players on a small map, or too few players on a large one.  But with the latter, players tend to seek out the action anyway, and with the former, if they are not up for an action packed slaughter map, well - it's only 20 minutes to the next map, or there's other servers in play, too.

• Member ID:  842
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1071
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8425
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74829
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973
  • Device:  Android

• Member ID:  138
  • Followers:  63
  • Topic Count:  474
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4470
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  30749
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  07/01/1974

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6513
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63330
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

YP!!!! I was just thinking of this very kind of thing for one of these servers so we can all experience different kinds of gaming styles for ourselves! WAY TO GO MOT Get a grip on yourself and don't let go til your done! lol!

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8260
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53575
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

I'm such a noob first thing I do is grab a rifle in game doh . Keep fighting for the people DJ gets us all looking for new and fun

• Member ID:  3189
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5230
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  48729
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957

Thanks to everyone who played on DM1 today for Get a Grip day! 

Hope you were able to rank up your trench gun and your double-barrel shotgun.  A lot of us took it to the next level and ranked up our double barrel so we could make it a sawed-off shotgun.  Turns out that's about as useless as a trench gun without a grip unless you're close enough to smell the other guy (not pleasant when zombie_fart is around) but it was something completely different for a change! 

I'll run another Get a Grip day in a couple of weeks in case you missed this one, or just needed a little more time to prestige-up, or whatever.

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4668
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41024
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Yep, had fun. Didn't know how useless the shottie was. Gonna have to play with the double next time, see what goodies it offers.

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1071
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8425
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74829
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973
  • Device:  Android

Was fun dj. Thanks. Between the two shotties , I prefer the double barrel.