Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Where were you?

iFuerza

• Member ID:  1607
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1227
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

hey folks,

this is referring to September 11th 2001, and the horible tragedy that we all know as 911.

my question is to you, where were you?

i was with my bestfriend at the good ol age of 9, just got done outside with a few other friends and we went inside for a snack, and when we came in his parents looked very toubbled as they watched the tv. at the time my parents were accros the country in san francisco at an IBEW confrence, which took them 3 days to get home due to the airports being shut down. i had to fucking clue what that day would mean, but 10 years down the road i know full well what it means, to me it means we have serious fucked people in this world who are scum bags and i would like to see dead, and it means i have had 3 of my friends go over seas and be there for 15 months at a time, one of which is now  dead ( but thankfully the church in our town has helped out their family with anything and everything they need) and helping their parents as they wonder what the fuck their kids are doing and if they are safe, this goes for the entire nation, everyone has known, or been, or knew someone who has been directly effected by this. 

another note, to those who have served, my hat goes off to you, and i would like to give you a big thank you for doing what you did by serving this nation or any nation at that, its not a common man that serves his or her country, its a hero. 

i realise this is a day early, but i figured i would get the ball rolling, and get the chat going, so please tell your thoughts, where were you? 

all i ask is keep it respectful, not a debate over politics, set those aside. 

• Member ID:  58
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2552
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  16507
  • Birthday:  08/27/1975

I was down at Fort Lee, VA doing heavy weapons training.  Once it happend the base went down to full lock down and for a week could not do nothing.

• Member ID:  1607
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  181
  • Achievement Points:  1227
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Thanks Rick, appreciate it, for your comment and your service

• Member ID:  177
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  10581
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/08/1961
  • Device:  iPhone

I was actually in Mexico, working. We went out to the cafe which was located outside where all the installation and builder trailers were for breakfast and the owners had this little, grainy tv going. Everyone was crowded around the little tv and we asked what was going on and someone said a plane crashed into the WTC. We all thought they were joking, then right on the screen the second plane hit. It all went silent for quite a while and all the Americans in the group didn't leave the cafeteria for a couple of hours. 

We were scheduled to go home that Thursday for our weekend off, but of course we couldn't so we were stuck in Mexico an extra week.

I remember flying back to the US on one of the first planes out and I have never seen a flight crew so nervous before. I remember the captain coming on the intercom and telling us that if anyone tries to enter the cockpit, every passenger should rush them and prevent them with any means necessary as once they get in the cockpit everyone would already be dead. That was really wierd to hear. My workmate was blind drunk - it was the only way he had the nerve to get on the plane. I kept trying to tell him this was probably the safest time to fly as everyone was on such a high alert.

I do remember taking hours to get through Immigration at Houston. I have never been asked so many questions before and a lot of people were being taken to "Secondary Inspection"

My workmate never flew anywhere again since then. I have flown a lot, but even to this day, when someone heads to the front bathroom by the cockpit I watch them out of habit.

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

i was working for sears out of louisville,ky i was a service tech out on my route that day my wife was on ft knox working i wish i was still 9 that day lol i was 41

• Member ID:  2794
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Achievement Points:  1080
  • Birthday:  11/11/1976

I was asleep in bed after a hard night out drinking. I was 24 at that time. I remember getting a call from my mother, she told me to turn on the tv. "what channel?" I asked her, "Pick one." was her reply.  I flipped on my tv and literally 5 seconds later I saw the second plane hit.  I was already in a daze from all the booze in my system still.  I wasn't quite sure what I was seeing, it was just so surreal.  My eyes were glued to the tv all day.  I had never been more furious and upset and bewildered in my life.

I had a good friend of mine that was stuck in the area, and told me about all the local people opening their homes to those that were stranded in the area.  A really nice woman took him and about 8 other in, and as he walked into this house, he was amazed at the foyer that was all chrome and glass.  He said it was amazing.  He asked the woman what she did for a living. She said her husband was in the tv business, and that he was an animator.  His name was Mike Judge.  For those too young or too old to know, Mike Judge is the creator of Beavis and Butthead, King of the Hill, and the movie "Office Space".  

• Member ID:  122
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2843
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Achievement Points:  21919
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/10/1964
  • Device:  Windows

I had just got to sleep after working a 12 hour shift at the hospital, My mom woke me up screaming and crying. I remember thinking she must be kidding me, I got up walked into the den where she was. I looked at the tv, I think it took a min or two for it to sink in what I was seeing, all I could say was omg over and over. I sat there the rest of the day and held her hand. It was awful to watch. I think most of the time we were in a state of disbelief at the horror we were seeing. My brother had went and got the kids from school, there was talk of locking them all down. It was hard to believe that something like that could and did happen in the US. I heard a tape of a man's last phone call on youtube back a couple of years ago, I still remember him yelling oh god no. I can't think of a word that would perhaps describe the tone of his voice, or the horror of what ones there went thru. My heart goes out to those that were lost that day and their families, A big thank you to the ones that helped, and I pray we never go thru anything like that again.

• Member ID:  842
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965

I work in a town 14 miles from manhattan and grew up there as well...in my town the skyline was part of growing up....so i not only remeber them going down, I remember them going UP..!!

I was at work, my mother called and said a plane hit a building in the city....I tuned to the news and my father walked in and I (always ready for the revoultion) said...this has got to be on purpose....where i live you cant look anywhere in the sky without seeing at least 2 planes overhead....so i knew it had to be on purpose....i had that hollow stomach...ya know??

As we're watching the news we saw the seocnd plane hit....and we both said shit its an attack.....

we took a ride to the high ground in my town and just cried as we watched them burn...i cannot imagine what it was like in the city that day but standing on a hill and watching them burn was sureal....unimagineable....i dont even have the words...shock??

Once the first tower fell there was nothing else to see.....a wave of smoke and dust blocked everything.....it was so high and wide....i cant imagine being inside it..it was horrible.

Standing there knowing people were dying....my heart still aches....

• Member ID:  86
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  223
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1824
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  13395
  • Birthday:  06/29/1967

I had just got my then wife to the dentist and set down to watch their tv while waiting to see the special bulletin come on.  I was amazed and then came even more amazed when the second plane hit.  The whole dentist office became earily quiet.

• Member ID:  85
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3113
  • Birthday:  01/30/1973
  • Device:  Macintosh

I was on my way to work listening to the radio.  The DJ’s reported that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center.  They then began to joke about being drunk and flying.  The full story was not known at the time.  It wasn’t until I got to work and saw the T.V. that things started making sense.   We watched the towers fall at a dinner down the road.

• Member ID:  715
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2178
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16606
  • Birthday:  11/04/1943

I was at my Pocono house along with my youngest son, forget what I was watching when programming was interrupted. went and woke my son and we spent the day watching the news.

I was also the first to call my wife's place of employment and alert them to the event. They immediately began a off site back up of bank records as best they could.

I did go home that evening to be with wife and family.

• Member ID:  2520
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  3748
  • Birthday:  08/18/1953

I was on the road with one of my trucks at the time .  I had just unloaded a load of cattle at Shamrock,Texas and was heading back down RT83  about 20 miles outside Childress, Texas when a buddy of mine called me and was noticeably upset and told me what happened. Me and another truck that was running with me flew down to the little fuel stop in Childress and stayed glued to the TV they had there for the next 5 hours.  Took a while to sink in.  I called my Step father who retired from NSA in Ft Meade ,Md and he told me that they locked down the base and called him and 2 other retired people in as advisors for 6 mos.

• Member ID:  238
  • Followers:  189
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  19609
  • Birthday:  07/09/1957

I was home a sleep in The Bronx. I wake to 1010Wins News station it said two planes had crashed in to the Twin Towers. I turned on the TV and it took a couple of minutes for it to sink in. I was called to come into work at the Hospital just in case. I remember getting to work and saw some people covered with soot. A lot of people were in a daze it seemed surreal . From the 17th Floor in the Hospital cafeteria on a clear day one could see both Towers. The only thing you were able to see was dark black smoke you could not tell if there was anything left of the Towers. I remember going to the Chapel in the Hospital and praying for the people down there. I guess the worst thing was not knowing if the attacks were over.

• Member ID:  689
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2030
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  13317
  • Birthday:  07/22/1965

Well, I work at United Airlines, i was at work at Ohare in Chicago.  After the first plane hit we started to get news that we were missing planes, but we didnt know how many. We did hear there was one by cleveland, i think that turned out to be flight 93 that went down in PA.  Thinkin about that day still fucks me up......  

• Member ID:  1634
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1634
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  12427
  • Birthday:  04/19/1949

My son and I were geting ready to go out on a job and saw it on the TV (both are X ARMY) the job

got canceled  and the phone didnt ring for 4 months. Younglood Electric never recovered.

I will never forget what happened

• Member ID:  46
  • Followers:  104
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  4316
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Achievement Points:  34774
  • Days Won:  11

This morning, I was a new mommy.  So I was running late to work cause of course the baby woke up hungry and me being her source of food, I had to let her eat and she was a lil piggy but afterwards I gave her a bath and then handed her off to my mom while I went to work.  This was during the time my family and I owned a tobacco and beer store, I was in a great mood and went and got biscuits for everyone and when I walked thru the door I remember seeing my sister-in-law just in tears and her mouth was dropping to the floor and so I was like, "what the hell is wrong", and she said look at whats on the tv and as soon as I turned the corner I saw the second plane hitting the towers.  I just dropped everything in my hands and stood in shock.  It seemed like forever that time stood still but it was probably only a few minutes I put up a sign and we all went home to our families.  Never forget that day as long as I live.

• Member ID:  1371
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Content Count:  1906
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  14042
  • Birthday:  03/01/1990

I was in 5th grade.. Riding the bus to school a friend of mine told me what had happend but it didnt register because i didnt know what the twin towers were.... once i got to school they grouped us largely into rooms and watched the news and locked down the school.

• Member ID:  669
  • Followers:  77
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1478
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Achievement Points:  10375
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/28/1984

I was a senior in high school. I was sitting in my AP History classroom. We already had the TV on before the attack started watching CNN. Class hadnt started yet and we were all just hanging out watching the news. Just so happened this was at 8:40am. We watched everything happen from the very beginning in that class room. I remember one guy in my class Tomas was all out of sorts, as his brother and Dad were there in NYC that day working in one of the buildings along side the trade center towers. We did later find out that the building they woudl have been working in was badly damaged, but his brother and Dad had been delayed that morning from going in to work and were thankfully fine. The rest of that day in classes was very strange. I remember there being stupid kids screaming World War 3 in the hall ways. While school continued, no one did anyhting in any class that day except wach the tv.

• Member ID:  9
  • Followers:  66
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Content Count:  1239
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  11498
  • Days Won:  3

This is from an earlier post I made today. As you can see from my signature picture I was there that day and I worked at ground zero until the end of July 2002. The images that most of you have seen are nothing in comparison to witnessing it with your own eyes. The sights and smells of that day and the days following are burned into my memory. I worked a half a block away from the north tower. When the first plane hit, nobody knew what happened. One minute later I was at the scene. Chaos was occurring all around. Firemen and police were pouring into the area from every direction. I was standing just a few hundred feet from the north tower when many poor souls who didn’t have any other choice began to jump to their deaths. They started falling all around. Their bodies exploded apart into a pink spray. The horror unfolding before me made me run from the area. That saved my life. When the second plane hit, burning jet fuel and debris fell at the spot where I was standing a few minutes earlier, killing many of the onlookers. I am thankful that I survived that day. And I still pray for the souls that were lost that morning.

• Member ID:  4
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  170
  • Topic Count:  1093
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5155
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Achievement Points:  43571
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/16/1967

I was then in my 5th year as a Firefighter and had just got home after a 15 hour night shift.I got a text message from one of my Firefighter colleagues it said "Im glad Im not on duty in New York today",I immediately put Sky news on and watched as the second tower was hit.

I then phoned my wife at her work to let her know I was home safe and to get a tv on and watch the news coverage.

I will never forget all the men and women who lost their lives and all of the Brotherhood of Firefighters who gave their lives trying to save others.

Rockape.

• Member ID:  863
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2068
  • Birthday:  07/26/1995

I was only six when it happened but i remember it clearly... i was getting ready for school, and my parents called me in to watch the news... i understood what was happening, even though i was six.. i guess im lucky im not any younger or else i wouldnt remember that terrible day.

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Content Count:  14879
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91043
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970

Just the year before, we had just moved from the states to Canada. I was having breakfast with my two young daughters when we witnessed what we thought was unimaginable.. I youngest started to cry and asked what's happening Dad.. And I had no words for her.. They later closed the borders and my wife called and Said.. "we can't go home can we".. My reply was.."not today sweetie, but we will".. A very tough day for my young family...

• Member ID:  906
  • Followers:  143
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  17071
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Achievement Points:  148465
  • Days Won:  676
  • Birthday:  11/30/1960

i was a work 40 miles away from home ..as soon as i found out ..i went home my kid was only a 1 month and 18 days old then ..all i could think was some thing was going to happen to her .and my wife ..but we are all safe ..ten years later .but the U.S.A. is more fucked now then ever ..

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4669
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41037
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963

My Uncle & I were bulldozing on a neighbors' farm in Iowa. Got the news the towers had been hit & had fallen. Noticed there weren't any contrails in the sky like usual. No planes flying. Later that evening when we were fueling up, one plane flew over. Learned later it was Air Force One. Watched Tom Petty sing Won't Back Down during CNN replays of the days events after we got home........Frown

• Member ID:  2766
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  156
  • Birthday:  01/21/1970

I was 6 months pregnant with my youngest son watching the today show when the breaking news came across.I sat and watched it all day thinkin about how many lives changed.My thoughs and prays are with the one ones hurt by this act.GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.