Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

vista fixes?

billyblade

• Member ID:  34
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

please help me. vista keeps cutting out on explorere and when im playing. What are the most recommended fixes for this? Cmon tech guys, help a brother out.

• Member ID:  164
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  700
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/28/1969

Come on all of you tech gurus....help the noob brother out. :)

Seriously, I know very little about Vista, but I do know there are a ton of things that can be done to tweak him out. His connection rates are horrible. Bill lives in the same town as me, yet I ping 40 lower than him if not more. Some of his issues are with his router, but even when the other box is off and the router is not in use, the jump he gets is minimal. The redirect servers take him forever to get a map on. The other night, I got one in about 1 minute, while it took him almost 10 to get the same map. Someone had told me that Vista had a user security account system that really slows things down, so if anyone can help him out with that, he may get some immediate relief. Also...it seems like there is a way to increase your UL / DL rates if you are a comcast customer, but I don't remember anything about it. Just anything you guys can think of that might help him would be greatly appreciated, I'm sure.