Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

An Open Door

Boomer

• Member ID:  2083
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  172
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3554
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Achievement Points:  23761
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/20/1962

Damn... I don't like the hidden_valley... It's a camper/sniper map... And I love sniper maps but not this one. I played it a little on the FT1.

It is too symmetrical for me, insufficiently strategic, it seems like noobs and pro players can do the same score on this map. Each side spawn on the opposite of the map but it's like we're on the same side each rounds.

Go in the middle is a total suicid. Many risks for a little reward if you go on a house alone, you can be frozen a long time. So people go on the sides.

As Ruthless, this comment is also just for freeze tag. On TDM it could be really fun to snip everytime :thumbsup:

Thanks for your map Boomer. I'll try it again to see if my opinion will change ^^

Its all the dust in your computer Exe clean that nasty thing out hahahahaha

No more dust now, I got a new case mate :smoke:

I know I posted the same I just did then, it looked real good!

• Member ID:  2567
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2904
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  17118
  • Birthday:  12/11/1986
  • Device:  Windows

The map (hidden) was just loaded on the ace mod.. This was great cause I was alone, time to explore... Pretty fun to run fast on that map, good places to snipers.

Just a few words about some buildings with windows where we can't go through... So we can be really stuck on the floors when enemies are coming :no

And server's disconnect, no time to real play ^^

The map (hidden) was just loaded on the ace mod.. This was great cause I was alone, time to explore... Pretty fun to run fast on that map, good places to snipers.

Just a few words about some buildings with windows where we can't go through... So we can be really stuck on the floors when enemies are coming :no

yep thats just part of the game, there are many windows in maps you can't get out of...

yep thats just part of the game, there are many windows in maps you can't get out of...

But i'm afraid if we can't get out the house, the house is useless. It's just a trap :ouch: My opinion ^^

• Member ID:  179
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1054
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  6817
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1981
  • Device:  iPhone

boom just use mantle texture on the will of the windows... I'm on my fifth map or so and they all suck haha just keep at it u will never please everybody so just please me and labob...

Awards

• Member ID:  349
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  821
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5195
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/27/1971

Hey, where the hell is the damn XI boom boom room? How can one of us make a map without one? Get it done! You get me a special room where people can blow bubbles, and I can blow the hell out of them, were cool!

Bubbles

Hey, where the hell is the damn XI boom boom room? How can one of us make a map without one? Get it done! You get me a special room where people can blow bubbles, and I can blow the hell out of them, were cool!

Bubbles

Hey Bubbles its in the dome house with my name on it....

You can even sit in the bed and blow bubbles in front of the TV cameras :hrhr:

But i'm afraid if we can't get out the house, the house is useless. It's just a trap :ouch: My opinion ^^

Again there are many houses that way in several maps.... adapt......overcome your fear...... its not gonna change, as I said before some things were open for change not everything and I cannot and will not change an entire map around just to please a few people, now I'm not being nasty here just stating the plain and simple.... its 1 house on each side and I'm not changing it.....but Thank You for your input, have a nice day :)

"Overcome your fear" ? LOL I'm not a suicid man : Big difference... If there is one way out in a place, It's probably the death for me then a potential trap for my teammates when they want to defroze me ;)

Anyway, i played the map this morning on chicago server, 4v4 then 6v6, was pretty fun. Everybody were cautious so many camping but real cool! We did one draw after an entiere round ahah

Give us one more map mate! ;)

"Overcome your fear" ? LOL I'm not a suicid man : Big difference... If there is one way out in a place, It's probably the death for me then a potential trap for my teammates when they want to defroze me ;)

Anyway, i played the map this morning on chicago server, 4v4 then 6v6, was pretty fun. Everybody were cautious so many camping but real cool! We did one draw after an entiere round ahah

Give us one more map mate! ;)

its coming but I still have a lot to do on it, I am trying to give everyone something they like.... yeah I know they are all women too hehehe.......

no really, its a big damn map with lots of big and I guess meduim size buildings on it, a couple of small ones too, a tunnel, an Inn, church, barracks,garage/gas station, a big outhouse, a bridge, a small river or stream, a pool and deck..... wow a lot of stuff on it already all kinds of hidden shit to find to get to other places I guess you could say.... I still need several buildings on it, which means I need to make them as well, I was gonna downsize it again but I'm afraid if I do it will screw the map up. I already downsized it twice......

After all that is over then I have to work on the fx part of it, I'm pretty sure I won't make another one the size of this one...just to much damn work, I'm trying to stay focused but sometimes thats hard to do haha, now I know why it sometimes takes people months & months to get 1 out....easy to play on....but not to make lol....

I'm glad you enjoy the map, if the servers are back up Rugger might have the updates on them already, I'm not sure...

• Member ID:  934
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5656
  • Birthday:  08/16/1960

Having a house with small windows is just like going into a tunnel or tower. People bitch about them but the idiots still get frozen in them. Thus, suicide for the "saviour of the day".

• Member ID:  907
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26176
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969

I have only played it once, but I thought it was a good map. The first few rounds, most people did stick to the edges and sniped, but as we progressed into it, the middle was used more. The Boomer house seems to get a lot of people in it, and the round tall building seems like it should be a decent sniper perch, but some of the angles are blocked by tall trees towards the center.

I wouldn't add any tunnels. The map already plays long-ish as it is easy to get out of spawn and into hiding. Teams were able to pen opponents in their spawn near the end of rounds, but it sometimes took awhile to find the last guy as-is. You add tunnels and this map turns into The Breakout and we go to time limit each round IMHO. And personally I hate that. :)

You add tunnels and this map turns into The Breakout and we go to time limit each round IMHO. And personally I hate that. :)

The Breakout is soooooo great with the tunnels! All the round can restart with tunnels ahah But I agree sometimes it's boring, 5/4 with time limit each round is too long, need to go toilets after 2 hours playing... :coffee:

no hidden valley will not get tunnels I promise :)

boom just use mantle texture on the will of the windows... I'm on my fifth map or so and they all suck haha just keep at it u will never please everybody so just please me and labob...

I need your woman Dawgy, share the wench will ya? :hrhr:

• Member ID:  623
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1072
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  7809
  • Birthday:  10/26/1982

dont know if it was mentioned already, or if it's just me.

On Simple City there are things that appear and disappear. When looking around normal things are not there, can see people just standing, pull up and aim down the sights and there appears "something" they are hiding behind, a bush, or tree, or square block of whatever that is.

not sure if it's cause of so much stuff, or something wrong here on my end

• Member ID:  2593
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  490
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  5108
  • Birthday:  11/20/1978
  • Device:  Android

Boom I wanted to say good job on the maps. I don't care much for the SimpleCity one personally but its put together pretty decent. I think knocking out a few of the buildings and reducing the size of that one would increase the fun factor on it. Maybe adding a few attic-to-attic or rooftop-to-rooftop boards / paths for access. But shit, still better than what I would have put together. The HiddenValley one is pretty cool. I'll have to see it a few more times and try some other methods of attack on it, but that one is certainly a G3 user's wet dream.

Good job dude.

• Member ID:  3233
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2030
  • Birthday:  04/09/1967

well done on the maps Boomer and ty for letting us get a sneak peak at them --though its been awhile since I have played cod4 ---was not unpleasant ...

with the map layouts I see it catering to a variety of play styles , though an aggressive "run and gun " such as myself would have to modify my behavior to avoid encamped snipers , the tunnels give me an excellent avenue for getting quickly to the opponents side and gleefully ---knifing and blowing them up with c4 from the rear :P... also saw many locations for easy "across the map " de thaws while still being able to stay behind cover.

I hope to see them in rotation on our servers so that I may have a chance to see how they play ---with more than just a couple players active on the map.

dont know if it was mentioned already, or if it's just me.

On Simple City there are things that appear and disappear. When looking around normal things are not there, can see people just standing, pull up and aim down the sights and there appears "something" they are hiding behind, a bush, or tree, or square block of whatever that is.

not sure if it's cause of so much stuff, or something wrong here on my end

No simplemod its not you, I've seen that on a bunch of maps and I'm not sure why it does that, something I need to check out for sure!

Boom I wanted to say good job on the maps. I don't care much for the SimpleCity one personally but its put together pretty decent. I think knocking out a few of the buildings and reducing the size of that one would increase the fun factor on it. Maybe adding a few attic-to-attic or rooftop-to-rooftop boards / paths for access. But shit, still better than what I would have put together. The HiddenValley one is pretty cool. I'll have to see it a few more times and try some other methods of attack on it, but that one is certainly a G3 user's wet dream.

Good job dude.

Thanks Valk, Simple City will wear on you, try it a few times :) there is roof top access ou just have to jump from roof to roof haha...

well done on the maps Boomer and ty for letting us get a sneak peak at them --though its been awhile since I have played cod4 ---was not unpleasant ...

with the map layouts I see it catering to a variety of play styles , though an aggressive "run and gun " such as myself would have to modify my behavior to avoid encamped snipers , the tunnels give me an excellent avenue for getting quickly to the opponents side and gleefully ---knifing and blowing them up with c4 from the rear :P... also saw many locations for easy "across the map " de thaws while still being able to stay behind cover.

I hope to see them in rotation on our servers so that I may have a chance to see how they play ---with more than just a couple players active on the map.

Thanks Scooby, As far as I know the maps are in rotation on most of the cod4 servers...

• Member ID:  34
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

alright, here goes....

i like hidden valley, but for me, because i dont snipe well at all, its a little big and runs long round per round. On the plus, nice placement of buildings and such. Maybe crates and such in the middle should be bigger for better cover running and gunning and such.

On simple city, perhaps some of the bulidings burnt out( jagged walls and no roofs)with better acces to targets on second floor locations and vice versa, better targeting from certain buildings with 360 access to the outside. Always alot of hunting in the end.

Overall, fAntastic job boomer. I cant imagine trying to make a map...the best I could do was a 4 hole golfcourse on SIMS golf free download, and i would never play the course i made in real life....DOH!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  3610
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2410
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/21/1983

i dont really have anything negative to say about your maps boomer

i like them for the most part however

i have noticed that alot of times when two of your maps comes up people either go to spectate or eat a nade to skip it. i think they take too long to play or only designed for a large number of players

i know there is nothing you can really do about those two things but thats what i have noticed

the one map that doesnt happen to is the one where it drops down in the center and has the eye sniper tower

the other two ive seen it quite often

just thought id put that in

yeah I hear that happens from time to time, mainly on the MW2 server, Ftag 1 usually stays filled.