Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

I Would Prefer More Aggressive Banning Of Suspicious Players

• Member ID:  4568
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  83
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Well its not an easy job to admin in BF3 without a spec mode, but it seems the admins are doing what they can with the various cheat sites and history of there account. Before i accuse someone of cheating i always use the same tools and then let the admin know or use the report system and so does tyrone, We play mostly late when no admins are on, we report a guy and then see him playing again the next night, without really knowing, what the admins thought of the suspected haxor.. So there is a communication gap there which i think causes some misconception on both ends..... I have been reporting and if no one shows up then i  have been making a post about them of the forums, which i know hardcore, caliber, and the other admins monitor everyday and i trust there judgement as they are the admins, It is a extremely tough job to do without letting personel feeling get involved, I have been banned from servers before for owning and that is almost worse than playing with a hacker because that kinda ban is for your skill and not for using a hack.... I have been playing FPS for 15 years and have seen pretty much every hack known to man but these latest generation of programmable hacks are extremely tough to catch and i do not envy the job of catching the hackers!!!!! 

• Member ID:  3683
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  915

Are these supposed hackers on super late at night or something? Cause its been a long time since ive really thought of someone hacking on our servers, they usually stick out like a sore thumb. According to some of these posts its rampant and hurting our servers. I guess im not around when its happening. Seems to me server has been more popular than ever and if there really is that many hackers ruining the server everyday then why would so many people return day after day. Maybe im just naive, idk. Or like i said, maybe its happening super late hours at night.

• Member ID:  1106
  • Followers:  33
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6778
  • Birthday:  06/24/1975

The largest problem with bf3 is that there is no spectate mode...coming from a COD4 background, that is the absolute best way to tell if someone is cheating, IMHO.  

There are crazy ratios all of the time, many of which belong to our players and regulars, but there are some who are definitely using some "pc steroids".  I think the current setup is good and Tyrone if you have any issues, get Caliber, Damit or Hardcore on and they'll watch them and do a good job (but fair) of getting rid of the hacks.

Hopefully with the new patch/mode in March, they will add a spectate since there are so many complaints about hackers on BF3 these days.

Just the thoughts from a BF3 newbie.  

Flushy

• Member ID:  1106
  • Followers:  33
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6778
  • Birthday:  06/24/1975

By the way,

I think Tyronne's heart is in the right place and he pays a lot of attention to this stuff.  He is a great contributor to the server and plays here reguarly.  I think all of us know where he's coming from and agree that we don't want the hackers on our servers, the problem is how to get rid of them and still run fair servers, etc.

I absolutely disagree with psychokiller though...the admins are doing a great job and I'm not sure where he's playing but I've played FPS games for 15+ years also.  This is not an exact science but if there is another clan that does a better job, I don't know of them...

Flushy

• Member ID:  4002
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  438
  • Birthday:  01/14/1983

This is a nuclear thread. I just want to point out I agree with Flush that Tyrone's heart is in the right place. I think we all get frustrated from time to time but I do think the admins do their best to keep the server clean. I see a lot of regulars posting here and I appreciate the XI guys hearing us out.

• Member ID:  907
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26176
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969
  • Device:  Windows

Everyone acts like there is a cheater lurking around every corner.  Some people are actually good at these games.  Really good.  And sure, some people use cheats.  I was personally banned from several COD2 CTF servers back in the day, and I have never used a game cheat of any kind - not even on the original single player Doom.  Why?  Because my ratio was too high, or I got too many flag pulls, or whatever some bullshit reason was that an admin came up with.  Unfortunately the admins can only use the tools available to them and I personally would prefer them to err on the side of caution. Hopefully, as Flush said, upcoming patches to BF3 will help alleviate some of this.

In the end playing games should be fun - that's the bottom line.  If you can't have fun because you suspect a cheater is around every corner, you might need to re-evaluate why you play.  Our admins are good what they do and they will get the cheaters sooner or later.  Just hang in there and have fun. 

• Member ID:  4430
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  369
  • Birthday:  10/27/1979

The largest problem with bf3 is that there is no spectate mode...coming from a COD4 background, that is the absolute best way to tell if someone is cheating, IMHO.  

There are crazy ratios all of the time, many of which belong to our players and regulars, but there are some who are definitely using some "pc steroids".  I think the current setup is good and Tyrone if you have any issues, get Caliber, Damit or Hardcore on and they'll watch them and do a good job (but fair) of getting rid of the hacks.

Hopefully with the new patch/mode in March, they will add a spectate since there are so many complaints about hackers on BF3 these days.

Just the thoughts from a BF3 newbie.  

Flushy

Flush is right Tyrone's heart is in the right place.  :)  I personally like this community because it is not corrupt.  I also see the hard work by the admins put into maintaining this community and, any server will have the few that fall through the cracks because PC gaming is not perfect.  We can all agree that games are best without hackers but, there is nothing completely foolproof yet.  Nor do I see in the future. 

GGZ

TheHIJACKER

• Member ID:  5581
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  82
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

I have encountered few hackers whilst playing BF3, so i wouldnt know for sure when i met one. Maybe when judgements has been passed, the whistleplower should be informed of the outcome?

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for this new BF3 patch, the game has been out nearly a year and a half now and they ain't got around to putting a "Speccing" facilty yet, so why would they bother now, this time next year we will all be playing BF4.

• Member ID:  906
  • Followers:  143
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  17025
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Achievement Points:  148132
  • Days Won:  673
  • Birthday:  11/30/1960

i have about 700 hours in the game ..and probley  200 of that are looking at people ..not getting to play the game but finding out if the person is ok..and we as the BF3 team spen a lot of time trying to make the servers clean..and as for you saying we dont do or jobs ..that is just out right BULL SHIT..3 servers going at times with over 120 people in the 3 servers at 1 time ..we work are ass off trying to make people happy ...and to kick ever person that you think is cheating is just not the right thing to do..the servers would empty and the people that like the game would go to other servers to play ..as if we did it your way people would get ban for haveing a few good games ..we work to gather as a team and cant get them all but ...now this is how i look at it ..IF YOU DONT LIKE THE WAY WE RUN THE SERVERS ...GO TO A SERVER AND PLAY THERE

THANK YOU AND GOOD DAY

Edited by tsw 8.5

• Member ID:  213
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5644
  • Birthday:  06/06/1963

I say we ban those who constantly Bitch about "possible hackers in Teamspeak" from teamspeak. And furthmore....our Admins do a great job for no money..... Sure they spend too much time posting naked ladys on the website, but we all cant be perfect.   And I still say the solution is a closed private server to XI and Invited guests only.

• Member ID:  906
  • Followers:  143
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  17025
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Achievement Points:  148132
  • Days Won:  673
  • Birthday:  11/30/1960

I say we ban those who constantly Bitch about "possible hackers in Teamspeak" from teamspeak. And furthmore....our Admins do a great job for no money..... Sure they spend too much time posting naked ladys on the website, but we all cant be perfect.   And I still say the solution is a closed private server to XI and Invited guests only.

sweatn ..if there were 24 players that played hard core all the time i would do that as i would love to just keep the server for XI and the rest could go hack them selfs to death ..will be changing a few things to the server today ..maps and things like that ..kill you later ..

• Member ID:  2705
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  954
  • Birthday:  07/24/1961

At leaset I have the balls to be a real man and an avid contributing member reporting what I see and trying to make it better for

everyone , all you admins have done is judge , you would think that you would be a bit curious to what I am saying and that a

member who is not an admin paying attention when you are not is a bad thing and besides this is about COD5 not battlefeild

and speaking

of battle I started palying it too with the clan when it came out , first day playing there was a guy with 347 kills with a shotgun

and 3 deaths and I am not stupid yes there will always be cheaters , And all I said is that we as a clan can be more agressive

in catching these people with more education about the cheats providing a way better gaming atmosphere for all of the members

and that piece of script that is in every map for adjusting the ping cap , instead of only providing a good running game for people

who are really close to the server , you all are really uptight that a non admin would bring this up and quick to judge a fellow

member that just might know what he is talking about and for your 700 hours I have over 2000 hours on all COD4 & 5 and have

caught many cheaters on all COD servers , and no one told me when joining that I would have to be a submissive silent coward

And as long as there are undetectible cheats (more for COD) then as a group we need to grow with the cheaters which I have

noticed that we are not that is the whole bacis for my post , its called responsiblilty for your fellow clan member , you know

thinking of them before yourselves , just like a member did  and purchased battlefeild for me and in return I then purchased

a game for another member and computer parts and software as well as administrative help about 300 hours worth of team

viewer and paypal donations as well as volunteering for map making , you all say that you are in the shadows doing your jobs

and I thank you , but I too am in your shadows doing all I can  for a clan of people I call brothers and you all are jumping on the

wrong person , because its not enough for me to just sit by when there is so much I can do to contribute as I am not a moron like

Harry suggests nor will I be kissing anyones ass like Bama suggests or sitting by and ignoring a cheater when I am in game .

And yes this is a great clan that I really enjoy being a part of , I have made many friends here and I do allot of work here with and

for the clan  you admins are not the only hard workers here , this is why I don't want to loose this brotherhood because of some

fucked up people who cheat . I am always in TS and in the game and am availible any time to chit chat about what I see and know

and as far as my (old clan) it wasn't like here it was a group of friends that started many clans  which are still my close friends as we

all have moved on as for my immediate last clan the clan owner was embezzling money to the sum of over $500 a month enough

said .

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

This is your defense of your allegation that admin are aware of cheating and intentionally ignoring it?

- "a member who is not an admin paying attention when you (admin) are not is a bad thing"

- "we need to grow with the cheaters which I have noticed that we are not that is the whole bacis for my post, its called responsiblilty."

Once again, you claim XI admin are not paying attention, that we are "not growing with" (ignoring) the cheaters, that we lack "responsibility" (are irresponsible.)

We invite you into our house and you criticize our management of dozens of servers because, in your mind apparently, you are god's gift to server administration? Well, in my mind you may not be more full of shit than anyone I've come across in the gaming world but if not, you're damn sure a close second.

• Member ID:  35
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  345
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4812
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Achievement Points:  28063
  • Days Won:  2

At leaset I have the balls to be a real man and an avid contributing member reporting what I see and trying to make it better for

everyone , all you admins have done is judge , you would think that you would be a bit curious to what I am saying and that a

member who is not an admin paying attention when you are not is a bad thing and besides this is about COD5 not battlefeild

and speaking

of battle I started palying it too with the clan when it came out , first day playing there was a guy with 347 kills with a shotgun

and 3 deaths and I am not stupid yes there will always be cheaters , And all I said is that we as a clan can be more agressive

in catching these people with more education about the cheats providing a way better gaming atmosphere for all of the members

and that piece of script that is in every map for adjusting the ping cap , instead of only providing a good running game for people

who are really close to the server , you all are really uptight that a non admin would bring this up and quick to judge a fellow

member that just might know what he is talking about and for your 700 hours I have over 2000 hours on all COD4 & 5 and have

caught many cheaters on all COD servers , and no one told me when joining that I would have to be a submissive silent coward

And as long as there are undetectible cheats (more for COD) then as a group we need to grow with the cheaters which I have

noticed that we are not that is the whole bacis for my post , its called responsiblilty for your fellow clan member , you know

thinking of them before yourselves , just like a member did  and purchased battlefeild for me and in return I then purchased

a game for another member and computer parts and software as well as administrative help about 300 hours worth of team

viewer and paypal donations as well as volunteering for map making , you all say that you are in the shadows doing your jobs

and I thank you , but I too am in your shadows doing all I can  for a clan of people I call brothers and you all are jumping on the

wrong person , because its not enough for me to just sit by when there is so much I can do to contribute as I am not a moron like

Harry suggests nor will I be kissing anyones ass like Bama suggests or sitting by and ignoring a cheater when I am in game .

And yes this is a great clan that I really enjoy being a part of , I have made many friends here and I do allot of work here with and

for the clan  you admins are not the only hard workers here , this is why I don't want to loose this brotherhood because of some

fucked up people who cheat . I am always in TS and in the game and am availible any time to chit chat about what I see and know

and as far as my (old clan) it wasn't like here it was a group of friends that started many clans  which are still my close friends as we

all have moved on as for my immediate last clan the clan owner was embezzling money to the sum of over $500 a month enough

said .

Well I will chime in for just a quick note.  With all this vast knowledge you say you have, as well as purchasing cheats (your words) to study and better understand them.  Post me a video of these cheaters that are on our servers non stop. Not a day goes by that you get on our servers that there is a cheater on there,and yet my pm box is empty, not a video of this person cheating. Hell I can say everyone that kills me is a cheater, But if i ban someone i do what i do best, get evidence rather than belittle and bad talk others. I just went through most of your 187 posts  to see if there was video's. My pm box is open for buisness and is always ready to see the latest he is a cheater video.  Otherwise just play the game and have what is intended here at XI ----------------------------- FUN

• Member ID:  2705
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  954
  • Birthday:  07/24/1961

I humbly apologize to anyone I have offended