Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Canadians Only Answer This

Damage_inc-

• Member ID:  2048
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967
  • Device:  Windows

do you agree or disagree with this video.since you experience this healthcare and we are told yours is terrible in comparison to the healthcare in the usa  I woud like to survey canadians only agree or disagree /just a vote from canadians only.there doesnt have to be any discussion or arguments just a clear vote from people who live in canada and experience its healthcare.

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14879
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91044
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  iPhone

Hey Damage, I apprieciate you asking but you cant ask us not to comment on our own Healthcare. The theme of the video is correct. Most Canadians see the media hype south of the border and we are amused.  We see our heakthcare as point of national pride. Thats not to say that the system is perfect, as a healthcare provider, its far from it. Its a work in progress and if we can improve it, we certainly will.

Im proud of the care we provide. Its not perfect, but we strive to give the best quality care, thats cost efficient as well.

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

I usually disagree with the Pimp in most things but I must agree on this one.  The Canadian health care system is government-funded and  costs Canadians roughly 10-11% of their GDP (Gross Domestic Product), pretty much like the Swedish health care system. Both systems allow the private sector to "co-exist" -"compete"would be the wrong term- usually to allow "important people" to jump the cue (Politicians, hockey players, radiologists in Alberta and such :-), other than that the services and level or care are pretty much the same....And yes, we are amused by the media hype south of the border, because its all -in my not always humble opinion- a matter of cash, or if you want, wealth redistribution.

cheers 

I usually disagree with the Pimp in most things but I must agree on this one. The Canadian health care system is government-funded and costs Canadians roughly 10-11% of their GDP (Gross Domestic Product), pretty much like the Swedish health care system. Both systems allow the private sector to "co-exist" -"compete"would be the wrong term- usually to allow "important people" to jump the cue (Politicians, hockey players, radiologists in Alberta and such :-), other than that the services and level or care are pretty much the same....And yes, we are amused by the media hype south of the border, because its all -in my not always humble opinion- a matter of cash, or if you want, wealth redistribution.

cheers

Lol... Putz.. For that I will have to nade u in game...

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6519
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63371
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

Damage I understand your intentions are good but this leaves an open confrontation even if just the Canadians vote or respond. Every one has their own idealogies and while this for the most part is a good system for Canada I am sure there are those who would want to say whay they vote the way they vote! I will refrain from my opinion as I am not in the know on this subject!

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

shouldnt this be in political forums..just saying...

this was just a poll from canadians only and really not for debate because i dont want people  that dont have the healthcare to argue with people that live with it and are effected by it- and it only becomes political when we argue over it and put up fences .so many topics in the past explode into debate and get ugly because they turn into namecalling .howabout some honest opinions without the namecalling for once  or simply aree or disagree without all the  arguments

Edited by Damage_inc-

Damage I understand your intentions are good but this leaves an open confrontation even if just the Canadians vote or respond. Every one has their own idealogies and while this for the most part is a good system for Canada I am sure there are those who would want to say whay they vote the way they vote! I will refrain from my opinion as I am not in the know on this subject!

arent you in the smallest bit curious living here after hearing the arguments we hear about this to just ask out freinds who live and experience this  for there honest insight.who best to ask

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

shouldnt this be in political forums..just saying...

I don't think so. We should be able to discuss issues without them turning purely political. Sadly, some asshole will most certainly get on this thread - or any other where the opportunity exists - and turn it political.

• Member ID:  45
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  981
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  9011
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Achievement Points:  65840
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1951

Well I like our system , though not perfect ,But what system is , I couldn't see being without a health care system .

• Member ID:  1850
  • Followers:  98
  • Topic Count:  328
  • Content Count:  8620
  • Content Per Day:  1.74
  • Achievement Points:  55994
  • Birthday:  06/19/1948

I like our system everyone has health care not just afew. EG I had a majoir heart attact 5 years ago had surgery my cost out of pocket 0. We do pay in taxes for this but would not give it up. Everyone has the right to go and see a doctor out of pocket expences 0. Like the ones before have stated not perfect but it does work.

• Member ID:  1965
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1176
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8599
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/11/1969

this was just a poll from canadians only and really not for debate because i dont want people  that dont have the healthcare to argue with people that live with it and are effected by it- and it only becomes political when we argue over it and put up fences .so many topics in the past explode into debate and get ugly because they turn into namecalling .howabout some honest opinions without the namecalling for once  or simply aree or disagree without all the  arguments

Are you thinking of becomming Canadian?,,,,,,,or should i ask why the interest in Canadian health care? or are you just curious ? ...i love going to the doctor and paying nothing....and so does the person that is on social services,,,,equal rights...no discrimination over what you look like...how deep your pockets are and etc.,,,,did you know that in some countries the doctor only gets paid if the patient gets better or recovers...otherwise he goes broke....actually thats a good idea...would make sure the doctors use due dilligence,,,....ive had about eight procedures on my face due to skin cancer...the plastic surgeon did a fantastic job.  would hate to walk around with a hole in my face because i didn't have enough money to look complete....or i didn't fit into a certain income bracket. doctors are our public servants not the other way around...

• Member ID:  1444
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  412
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3808
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  25299
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/01/1988
  • Device:  Android

I like our system everyone has health care not just afew. EG I had a majoir heart attact 5 years ago had surgery my cost out of pocket 0. We do pay in taxes for this but would not give it up. Everyone has the right to go and see a doctor out of pocket expences 0. Like the ones before have stated not perfect but it does work.

I agree, my dad had a heart attack and had to pay nothing, my older brother three hernia surgeries and cost=$0, there are wait times for people but lets face it, I would rather have longer wait times then to pay the upfront costs, and I really don't mind paying higher taxes on everything then to pay those costs lol plus I live in Ontario so I am pretty well off, Canadian joke lol

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  45
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4456
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  36427
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

sarah palin uses canadian healthcare so i guess it better then homeland

• Member ID:  3248
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  697
  • Birthday:  03/15/1968

I wouldn't give up our health care system for anything! Never been known to talk about this but I have serious health care issues and have had them for over 20 years and I can't even imagine putting an out of pocket cost on that for everytime I have/had to see a doctor. Agreed that there can be some improvements in our system but that goes without saying as far as I'm concerned because no system is perfect.

• Member ID:  1965
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  1176
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8599
  • Birthday:  02/11/1969

good hospital in Trenton....Newf....my father went there for a prostate lazer procedure and he loved the doctors and nurses there...and he hates hospitals...wait .....he hates everything...lol....Dads ...where would we be without them....God lovem...

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

We pay in average a lot more taxes in Canada than the US. Our healthcare  is universal, everybody has access to it, but its not "free" for people who are employed and have the means to pay. I pay $145 a month for a family of 4. Healthcare is mandatory here, you cannot op-out, and even if you have not paid your premiums for a long time you are still covered.  I think the main problem  for implementing a universal healthcare system in the US is funding. Not everyone is willing to pay more direct or indirect taxes, or reduce and re-route spending in other sectors such as Defense towards healthcare. Just  my opinion...

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  45
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4456
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  36427
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

Damage_inc  real issue is canadian healthcare and government runs the show not lobbyist

and we pay healthcare by our taxes so it lifts the burden of highjacking you when on the strecher

old days used to be the employer pays healthcare (ohip) now we pay through taxes

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

The Canadian system works for Canadians and they have every right to be happy with it. Trying to implement the same type of system in the US is in the works now, but it's going to be a complete disaster. If the US government would focus on the cost of health care instead of the cost of health insurance, things would be much different down here. This isn't a Republican or Democrat issue, it's been happening under our noses for more than 30 years.

If a gas station owner raises the price of his gas during a natural disaster (like a hurricane) he can go to jail for gouging customers, yet hospitals can charge $500 for an asprin and our government tells the insurance company they have to pay for it.  My mom spent 4 days in the hospital a few months ago for back surgery. The hospital billed Medicare over $250,000 for her 4 day stay and my parents only paid a couple hundred in copayments. "When" our system eventually becomes government run single payer, expect a lot of very wealthy hospital administrators being paid by the US tax payer.  

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  8264
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53608
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

Yep its good up here but like down there the rich the famous and politicians still get to go to the front of the line. Money talks . Having said that though I'm very happy everybody gets health care up here. So I would not like it to change

• Member ID:  2465
  • Group:  +++ Minecraft Head Admin
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1818
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  14559
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/17/1972

I love our Canadian health system. It isnt perfect though. My only complaint would be the 3 to 4 hour wait to get in to see a doctor in an emergency ward depending on the severity of the person. BUT, I have no problem keeping that wait time versus pay out of pocket health care. 

Also, the Canadian system may very well not work in the USA on a large scale. It might work well with Canada having only 35 million people versus the 37 million in California alone or 315 million in the whole USA. That difference being so astronomical, it would be very tough for the USA to assemble a new system especially when cloning another system. Risky

Edited by KingStinger!

wow alot of great information to clear things up.thanks for your insight..

• Member ID:  2069
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  214
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2411
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  18298
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  08/08/1966

It works for us. I have 4-5 walk-in clinics near my office where I can go if needs be and have a minimal wait. My aged dad has been in the hospital for 8 weeks now, and was in for that amount of time last Fall. Dialysis 3 times a week, many tests, physio therapy etc. If we did not have our health care system, all that he's worked his life for would be gone, the home that's been in the family for 110 years would have to be sold to cover costs.

Great forum guys.  The Canadian Healthcare system is run like a non-profit organization. Thats not to say that Doctors, nurses and healthcare providers are not paid well. Like any other field, they must be compeditive or all our healthcare providers would relocate to other countries or areas. There is a strong emphasis on quality care at reasonable cost to the taxpayer who eventually have to pay for the service. Yes, there are some holes which include wait times for elective surgury. In the case of emergency care or life threatening situations, care is immediate without any consideration to cost.

Like the US, the cost of care in Canada is climbing, and we are struggling to keep up as the US are as well. Most Canadians have a firm belief that we as a nation have the right to affordable and quality care. 

Its one of the many things that makes us proud.. Proud to be Canadian...

480canadian%252520%2526%252520proud%2525

• Member ID:  285
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  2204
  • Birthday:  11/04/1965

Our health cares works well, although there are some things that are not perfect.  My wife had thyroid cancer, after 2 operations and radiation treatment she is 5 years cancer freee.   We never paid a dime to see the doctoros or sepcialist I know of an XI memebr that we spoke alot about this and he also had thyroid cancer.  In the end even after his job health insurance(he works for the governemtn)  He still had a bill of $90,000 dollars left he had to pay.  I was astounded.  How many Americans lose their homes because of medical bills..  My wife has a freind that works in the US, she had a problem delivery of some sort on one fo their childeren.  She like my wife is a nurse, after it was all settled her insurance company cut her off as high risk for another medical problem in case she had more kids.  Cant do that here.  I can take my kid to the ER room int he middle of the night and it wont cost me anything

The Replublicans ran an add once about how bad the Candian health care system was back a few years.  They intervied a woman who went tot he US for treatment for cosmetic surgery.. i dont rermerbr what.  they portrayed the entire health system here as to what this woman said.  When it was looked into.. she was paid by the Republican party to do the interview, she didnt want to wait in line for a cosmetic procedure.. she wanted it now.. so she went where her money would get it done when she wanted it.  In my country as long as you are a resident you qualify for health insurance.  A quote from an article about the 2011 census "the proportion of uninsured people to 15.7 percent, the Census Bureau said today in a report. About 48.6 million people were uninsured last year" 

Yeah we pay higher taxes, but the benifits outweigh the downside.  yeah there are peopel that bitch about i here cause they think theor concerns or problems are more important that others.