Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Vnftag Hop Thing

• Member ID:  842
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965
  • Device:  Windows

Question...why was the change to being able to bring up the gun while jumping made..???

I do not bunny hop but many times am on the run and jump over a truck, run face to face with a pop in spawned enemy, jump in windows aiming to defrost and many other instances where jumping with the gun up or shooting on the run are necassary.....

And I thought we do not limit styles of play....bunnies blow but so?? Camping is still allowed...can someone explain the difference to me? I mean other than we like this and dislike that or vice versa....is there a real reason?

And I have asked beofer but never really got an answer....why cant we have console? Every other server has it...are we the bad kids? what if I susupect a hacker...I try to hit ~record but nothing happens....lol...oh no console.....

I dont normally complain about much but if someone calls a map vote and it passes who really cares? other than the minority right? thats voting....d

• Member ID:  96
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  107
  • Topic Count:  1047
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  8798
  • Content Per Day:  1.65
  • Achievement Points:  62093
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/30/1954

It was changed to this just to try. See the admins that play in there regularly and they can explain.

• Member ID:  1446
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  755
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

"I thought we do not limit styles of play"  Yep thats what I say....why only pick on pne style of player? 

• Member ID:  1011
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3254
  • Birthday:  02/10/1962

i ´d never seen a real marine jump around in fights while hip firing and lagging.....it just doesnt exist....jump-jump...jump around....jump around

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

i ´d never seen a real marine jump around in fights while hip firing and lagging.....it just doesnt exist....jump-jump...jump around....jump around

well in game...arent real marines it is a video game...not real life....in real life marines dont get frozen n a bubble when shot..does this mean we need to stop using freezetag mods? just askn

Edited by CobraBites

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8260
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53576
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

We try it on the second setting please. So it lowers the weapon only if you jump twice ?

• Member ID:  1965
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1176
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8599
  • Birthday:  02/11/1969

well in game...arent real marines it is a video game...not real life....in real life marines dont get frozen n a bubble when shot..does this mean we need to stop using freezetag mods? just askn

#1,,,,,....i totally agree...games are for fun...damn it i can't get to the bathroom...im still frozen from last week....its tough trying to negotiate a big ice bubble on to a banjo....lol

• Member ID:  907
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26177
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969

Ugh.  IMHO this goes against everything XI servers have stood for since COD2.  Our servers have always been about fast play.  "Real marines don't jump around in fights."  These aren't realism servers.  There are plenty of those out there and that's not (or at least it hasn't been) our schtick in the 6+ years I've been around. 

Anyway, come over to the mw2ftag server deerejon, the water is still fine. :)

• Member ID:  3174
  • Followers:  100
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  17423
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/24/1957

Bunny hopping has become a real problem in VFT server.  UIt is very hard to kill someone while they are jumping continously, so we decided to try to stop it.  The one draw back I never thought about (others may have )is exactly what @@deerejon said about defrosting in windows... we have to jump up and down to get the defrost ... so there is a draw back to it.  But we wanted to try it for a while and see what effects it will have on the server. 

Your input is actually very welcome.  But take it for what it is.  We try to adapt the servers so those who play them the most can get maximum enjoyment.  We will be watching and listening to ALL VFT regulars to see if this is an option we will keep or scrap.  Thanks everyone for your input.

Personally, i would like to see bunny hopping done away with on all our servers... but that is just me.  I hardly jump, only cause i suk so bad, and do not have the dexterity to remember to press 2 keys at the same time!

lol i am an idiot after all! 

Keep your comments coming!

thanks DJ for this thread

Bunny hopping has become a real problem in VFT server.  UIt is very hard to kill someone while they are jumping continously, so we decided to try to stop it.

---------------------------------------------------------

I hadnt noticed it as a real problem...i have seen a few people that \use this method but never noticed an epidemic...

The one draw back I never thought about (others may have )is exactly what deerejon said about defrosting in windows... we have to jump up and down to get the defrost ... so there is a draw back to it.  But we wanted to try it for a while and see what effects it will have on the server. 

---------------------------------------------------

I frequently find myself thawing from inside and so need to jump with the gun up for perfect alignment on my teammate...this change limits my style of play...from safley defrosting to haing to expose myself to get them....

Your input is actually very welcome. But take it for what it is.

----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks..I think....I dont get the take it for what it is thing....

We try to adapt the servers so those who play them the most can get maximum enjoyment.

--------------------------

SO a majority of regulars requested this?? I dont recall, (i am on just about everyday) this being brought up...didnt see a thing about it in the forums...

I could have missed it.....

Oh..LOC...one more question that didnt get answered....how come we are the only xi server with no access to console?? I wish to record people sometimes and cant.

This is only being tried on the Nam FT server 1. It is the same as it was on Nam FT 2. It probably will get changed back because of the window thingy not being able to defrost.

The console was disabled because of mis use. I think.

Edited by 2_MANY_BEERS

Bunny hopping has become a real problem in VFT server.  UIt is very hard to kill someone while they are jumping continously, so we decided to try to stop it.

I hadnt noticed it as a real problem...i have seen a few people that \use this method but never noticed an epidemic...

The one draw back I never thought about (others may have )is exactly what deerejon said about defrosting in windows... we have to jump up and down to get the defrost ... so there is a draw back to it.  But we wanted to try it for a while and see what effects it will have on the server. 

I frequently find myself thawing from inside and so need to jump with the gun up for perfect alignment on my teammate...this change limits my style of play...from safley defrosting to haing to expose myself to get them....

We try to adapt the servers so those who play them the most can get maximum enjoyment.

SO a majority of regulars requested this?? I dont recall, (i am on just about everyday) this being brought up...didnt see a thing about it in the forums...

Oh..LOC...one more question that didnt get answered....how come we are the only xi server with no access to console?? I wish to record people sometimes and cant.

lol deerejon, way to dissect my post :)  Beers just said it all, so there you go.  Problem solved.  

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11847
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106374
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

I'm sure the admins are going off feedback from the majority of the members that play that server, but >XI< has never added that to any server. That's a major gameplay changer, please voice your thoughts here and your opinions. I for one would not play on that server if the jump shot was removed, but that's me and I play mostly on COD4. If you play on that server speak up if you don't like it

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11847
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106374
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

Also wanna add that the admins working on this server are not trying to ruin peoples fun on the server they are trying to make it a better experience. Sometimes they mis the mark but they are trying so cut them some slack and just let them know you are not for the changes.

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8260
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53576
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

I've always said turn the console on. find the abusers and disipline them. More work but in FT the console is sweet.

Thanks Rugger, I would like to add that when the changes were proposed in the admin forums, it was by an admin who plays quite frequently in the VFT server, and his request was based on many peoples requests and complaints.  if the admins are considering changing it back, perhaps we should read that thread once again to get perspective on this.  

@2_MANY_BEERS, i will try the jump in window thingy to see if it still works, it it does i would suggest keeping it as is for now, and get further feedback.

And like you said beers, it was only on the vft1 server, vft2 was left the same.  So peeps can try both and see how it goes, and which they prefer.  Then let us know here.

Edited by LordOfChaos

• Member ID:  2313
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

Bunny hopping has become a real problem in VFT server.  UIt is very hard to kill someone while they are jumping continously, so we decided to try to stop it.  The one draw back I never thought about (others may have )is exactly what @@deerejon said about defrosting in windows... we have to jump up and down to get the defrost ... so there is a draw back to it.  But we wanted to try it for a while and see what effects it will have on the server. 

Your input is actually very welcome.  But take it for what it is.  We try to adapt the servers so those who play them the most can get maximum enjoyment.  We will be watching and listening to ALL VFT regulars to see if this is an option we will keep or scrap.  Thanks everyone for your input.

Personally, i would like to see bunny hopping done away with on all our servers... but that is just me.  I hardly jump, only cause i suk so bad, and do not have the dexterity to remember to press 2 keys at the same time!

lol i am an idiot after all! 

Keep your comments coming!

thanks DJ for this thread

they tried it on mw2 server b4 ..the stop bunny hopping thing no one played in it....lol

• Member ID:  1850
  • Followers:  98
  • Topic Count:  328
  • Content Count:  8620
  • Content Per Day:  1.74
  • Achievement Points:  55994
  • Birthday:  06/19/1948

This was change because we had complaints from several people playing so we are trying to make it more enjoyable for the majority. People were told in game that were on my team we were going to try this and see how it goes if people like it or dislike it. As posted before the other server wasn't changed so it is available for those that want to play there. So far I've heard mostly good remarks, some that don't like it and that is not many and some that it didn't matter at all. We will be watching to see how it goes. People could use the tide key  /+activate  for defrosting threw the windows although this does have it's draw backs as well.

• Member ID:  1446
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  755
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

"This was change because we had complaints from several people playing so we are trying to make it more enjoyable for the majority"

I'm not XI but here is my opinion. I think the ones that dont like the jumping are those who cant handle it. Dont change the mod, BETTER YOUR PLAY...

So why dont we remove campers, rockect launchers, etc...why just pick on jumpers? Please explain...

PS. I mostly use the SVT and get hammered by jumpers with automatics. My solunition, better my play!

" IMHO this goes against everything XI servers have stood for since COD2"

lol deerejon, way to dissect my post :)  Beers just said it all, so there you go.  Problem solved.  

I only did that to address individual points I had questions on....so far none have been directly answered...anyhow....

Beers answer was "mis use" ok I get it....but what misuse? surley not ~record or framerate changes or turning on or off auto defrost....maybe calling a map vote? I dont know but the answer surely didn't "say it all" theres more and I am missing it...the console last i checked was available on the other mod and all other servers...could not the misuser go there and misuse it there too?...perhaps as a playing member, not managment, I dont need to know...but no one has said that either so until otherwise....they are just questions I am asking...

This was change because we had complaints from several people playing so we are trying to make it more enjoyable for the majority. People were told in game that were on my team we were going to try this and see how it goes if people like it or dislike it. As posted before the other server wasn't changed so it is available for those that want to play there. So far I've heard mostly good remarks, some that don't like it and that is not many and some that it didn't matter at all. We will be watching to see how it goes. People could use the tide key  /+activate  for defrosting threw the windows although this does have it's draw backs as well.

I just checked and the "change" is active on both ftag servers...just sayin...

• Member ID:  3552
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  177
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1497
  • Birthday:  05/03/1982

I've been bunnying for 6 years, I can't stop now. that's like taking a dump and you go to wipe your ass and find out they don't make toilet paper anymore...... just saying

• Member ID:  3664
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1505
  • Birthday:  07/28/1974
  • Device:  Android

I think it was fine the way it was.....If someone wants to jump around and shoot then I don't see that being any different than someone always going prone to make themselves a smaller target. I think I it is a style, Same as someone who lonely lays around sniping. But I am fine with whatever the admins decide...Just voicing my opinion. Have a good day all :thumbsup:

I just checked and the "change" is active on both ftag servers...just sayin...

The change is only on the server 1. You can't jump and take a shot with your gun.   Server 2 you can jump and shoot. You just can't jump twice in a second or your gun goes down. They are not the same.

I only did that to address individual points I had questions on....so far none have been directly answered...anyhow....

Beers answer was "mis use" ok I get it....but what misuse? surley not ~record or framerate changes or turning on or off auto defrost....maybe calling a map vote? I dont know but the answer surely didn't "say it all" theres more and I am missing it...the console last i checked was available on the other mod and all other servers...could not the misuser go there and misuse it there too?...perhaps as a playing member, not managment, I dont need to know...but no one has said that either so until otherwise....they are just questions I am asking...

Your questions are welcome, and pertinent.  I can't speak to the console thingy, as that is a head/senior admin thing.  Im sure if you pm beers he can give you more specific reasons.  I was only refering to the bunny hopping thing.  Hope that helps.