Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Cod4 Ace Mod Possible Changes?

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11844
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106359
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  Windows

The Ace mod has been lacking traffic as of late and some of the reasons is that people want things done with the mod that is not possible with the mod we are running. So I propose a changing of the mod, the gameplay will still be the same with the speed and how fast the guns shoot etc, but a different mod that will open up possibilities for more things such as different air strikes, better spawn protection, new guns, etc. 

ACE Mod players please post here and let me know if you are happy with what we have and should just leave it alone, or give change a chance?

• Member ID:  1238
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

I thought the drop-off in traffic was due to the redirect problem that effectively dumped numerous players out of the game when they didn't have the required map.

I am very much in favour of any means to improve spawn-protection (e.g. the hits on the spawning player take health from the shooter?) as the spawn-camping and spawn-killing does get a little wearisome on some maps we play.

• Member ID:  45
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  981
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  8999
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Achievement Points:  65773
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1951

2 suggestions

1) Anti Camping to lesson the spawn camping.

2) only 2 Tubes not the 5 or 6 we have now,

I think if we have more Helicopter , ac 30 , or what ever that will do 2 things , help the better players get more kills or increase the camping to get them,

Get rid of the XLR stats or ajust it, I asked a couple of the regulars that used to run gun why they are camping now , Answer was to increase there standings in the XLR stats,

As it is now you can in a corner and 13 -1 and be at the top XLR standings, So the run and gunners that get killed a lot drop down in the XLR standings,even though they finish higher at the end of game, Just promotes more camping and spawn camping ,

just a couple of thoughts,

• Member ID:  2025
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  294
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1746
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/05/1959
  • Device:  Android

I'm up for trying antthing new.

• Member ID:  22339
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  167
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1714
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Achievement Points:  12960
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  03/20/1972

I love Ace Mod and I can't really think of anything that it needs except maybe some better spawn protection.  The flip side of that though is that people who just spawned can kill you before you can get a shot at them.  I think it's near perfect the way it is.  However, I'm always interested in trying new things.  We'll always have campers and some maps beg to be camped.  I like to run and gun but occasionally maps come up that everyone camps on........so I do too.  

• Member ID:  1217
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1596
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  14592
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/21/1978

Well this is my thinking on this. 1 you have to many dang spawn camping
bitches in that server . Point blank if the admins have to kick everyone
who does it that server would be empty because you only have a handful
of players who play this server right. It pretty bad that you run from
spawn and within 2 steps  you are dead because of the people waiting on
you to run. I also get tired of being told it's not as bad as I think it
is. Well why do you think this damn server is dieing if I am so
wrong???? Just my 2 cents.

• Member ID:  800
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6930
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  58117
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957

Yes the Ace mod is fun.....but a lot of the run and gunners have left because spawn camping in my opinion. And yes some of the maps you have no choice.....some of the players registered and XI members are spawn camping more and more. ok and yes the tubes really get out of hand when you have 3 or 4  players using them and have 5 or 6 tubes in there arsenal.(TUBING SPAWNS)

And always willing to try some new/different/mods/weapons to see what it brings. As far as stats go I could care less.....stats do nothing for me.

I say give a change a chance and see what happens.

Thanks Rugger for asking :cheers:

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6512
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63320
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

The thing about being asked what to do is it gives free reins to speak brutally honest. I know most people think I want only what's good for knifers such as me, but they are wrong. My open honest opinion is that the server players there now are the ones responsible for the decline of the population and traffic. The changes that really need to happen are two-fold and that means our way of thinking about it to. Firstly: I always check the hlsw before I enter the server so I see who and what kinds of players are in there. 99% of the time there are 80% - 85% of the players are simply campers and while I have nothing against campers but the truth of the matter is some of them get in places where they are back in some deep hole and end up getting an incredible kill - to - death ratio. They do this by doing nothing to make the game better but sitting over the top of spawn points and staying there until they get blown to pieces by someone with a random tube. Secondly:  I experience an completely wild death rate by the tubes from clear on the other side of the maps. I agree with Larsin on this that if we limited that too would make things much better as toward the end of every map it seems that the noobs come out and dominate the rest of the map. We need more of a balanced server with things in mind that things be set up so no one class or player dominates just because they play a certain style or weapon and such! While speed is important to me personally it's not important to sacrifice stability on the server for it. I am crazily fast anyway. If I think of some other things I will post them but for now I will post this. BTW Rugger thanks for asking and listening to us and giving us a chance to help with our demented minds! :)

• Member ID:  755
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  2191
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  14309
  • Birthday:  01/14/1982

I agree with Bud.
Fight against campers! It's ok to stay on one place for a few seconds but not forever.

It's annoying - no, it sucks -  when you spawn and get killed by a (spawn) camper. Especially on small maps.

Hell this is a run & gun game. I don't know if it is possible: I played Counter Strike for years - 1.x and Source. There are camper beacons.
If you stay at one place for more than X seconds everyone can see this beacon.
But this is also an Admin's job. @@BUDMAN and @@LaRSin do a great job on the server. But in my oppinion there should be a few more admins

who play the ace mod to cover different times or timezones. I personally don't play if there is no Admin. My impression is, that there are not
so many campers if an ADM is playing.

About the mod
Deactivate the tubes or restrict it to a lower number of nades.

Different kill streaks would be nice. Let the player select them by themselves, but without  (mini)nuke

Semtex would be nice :)

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

Yes the Ace mod is fun.....but a lot of the run and gunners have left because spawn camping in my opinion. And yes some of the maps you have no choice.....some of the players registered and XI members are spawn camping more and more. ok and yes the tubes really get out of hand when you have 3 or 4  players using them and have 5 or 6 tubes in there arsenal.(TUBING SPAWNS)

And always willing to try some new/different/mods/weapons to see what it brings. As far as stats go I could care less.....stats do nothing for me.

I say give a change a chance and see what happens.

Thanks Rugger for asking :cheers:

that one reason why i stopped playin was the excessive campin by others.....it was just no fun anymore...i agree bout xlr stats..i could care less bout that ....

• Member ID:  2313
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

I agree with Bud.

Fight against campers! It's ok to stay on one place for a few seconds but not forever.

It's annoying - no, it sucks -  when you spawn and get killed by a (spawn) camper. Especially on small maps.

Hell this is a run & gun game. I don't know if it is possible: I played Counter Strike for years - 1.x and Source. There are camper beacons.

If you stay at one place for more than X seconds everyone can see this beacon.

But this is also an Admin's job. @@BUDMAN and @@LaRSin do a great job on the server. But in my oppinion there should be a few more admins

who play the ace mod to cover different times or timezones. I personally don't play if there is no Admin. My impression is, that there are not

so many campers if an ADM is playing.

About the mod

Deactivate the tubes or restrict it to a lower number of nades.

Different kill streaks would be nice. Let the player select them by themselves, but without  (mini)nuke

Semtex would be nice :)

well u know im always on xfire ...all u have to do is get ahold of me or other cod4 admins to see if they can come in and see if they can get those to stop the spawn camping atleast just a thought

• Member ID:  1217
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  1596
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  14592
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/21/1978

I have to agree about the boobtubes  it's pretty bad when they  kill you from across the map and the amount of ppl who use them in that mode is nuts cause all they have to do it camp and tube. I also agree about the with LarSin about the XLR. I love the server just not the damn campers..... With that said that's why you don't see me play that much anymore in that server and why so many of our players have moved on to FT.

• Member ID:  1022
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8504
  • Content Per Day:  1.63
  • Achievement Points:  81318
  • Days Won:  397
  • Birthday:  07/19/1962

Campers?...we don't have campers in the ace mod..do we?  that's one reason I don't play in there much now days. I agree with BB, Larsin & Giggs they all have a good point, lets see if we can get them all working in the next mod we try...OBTW.....FUCK THE NOOB TUBE!!  :ouch:

• Member ID:  1071
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  879
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  5414
  • Birthday:  12/29/1974

fuck it why not!!

• Member ID:  645
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  4328
  • Birthday:  04/19/1960

I played in Ace Mod for the first time in a over a year since I finally found and reloaded my game disc.

I figured out the grenade launcher and I love that weapon. It's a lot of fun!! Just ask Joe Canadian....

I don't know the maps well enough to know a spawn point from a camping spot but I fire as soon as I see someone....if you just spawned there....well.... you are dead.

I hope to get some more time in that server but I have no problem with it the way it is right now.

Once I learn the maps and spawn points though....I hope to tube and Knife Joe as much as possible......... :coffee:;)

well u know im always on xfire ...all u have to do is get ahold of me or other cod4 admins to see if they can come in and see if they can get those to stop the spawn camping atleast just a thought

Yes in know @@CobraBites :)

But I personally don't like to annoy others and interrupt their game only because I am annoyed by others. If I suspect someone is hacking I'd contact an admin immediately.

@@Giggles is right:I am one of them who moved to FT. Not completely but I spent more time on the MW2 than on Ace mod in the past weeks. I really love the Ace mod. And I like people like WB_Rocket (one of the nade spammers ;) ) but I think the amount of nades should be reduced.

You spawn, walk around and BAM - you get hit by a nade. Often across the whole map.

@ArtimusPrime

Yes it can be fun.

I have a suggestion to do justice to all sides:

Change the map configs on some maps (especially the smaller ones).

A few weeks ago I played a map on this server where the players were restricted to shotguns. I don't know the name, it was a prison. And it was a very funny match.

This should be possible on other maps too. Tube only, knife only, Pistol only etc. And I suspect that there is a way to lock out different weapons per map.

I don't know much about CoD mapping but I can try to do this modifications if you want.

Greets

TecH

:)

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11844
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106359
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions, I will get started on the new mod today

• Member ID:  96
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  107
  • Topic Count:  1047
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  8798
  • Content Per Day:  1.65
  • Achievement Points:  62093
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/30/1954

Yes in know @@CobraBites :)

But I personally don't like to annoy others and interrupt their game only because I am annoyed by others. If I suspect someone is hacking I'd contact an admin immediately.

@@Giggles is right:I am one of them who moved to FT. Not completely but I spent more time on the MW2 than on Ace mod in the past weeks. I really love the Ace mod. And I like people like WB_Rocket (one of the nade spammers ;) ) but I think the amount of nades should be reduced.

You spawn, walk around and BAM - you get hit by a nade. Often across the whole map.

@ArtimusPrime

Yes it can be fun.

I have a suggestion to do justice to all sides:

Change the map configs on some maps (especially the smaller ones).

A few weeks ago I played a map on this server where the players were restricted to shotguns. I don't know the name, it was a prison. And it was a very funny match.

This should be possible on other maps too. Tube only, knife only, Pistol only etc. And I suspect that there is a way to lock out different weapons per map.

I don't know much about CoD mapping but I can try to do this modifications if you want.

Greets

TecH

:)

I believe the map is called      map mp_shank_n_shot.

The guy made the map like that. I don't think you can just change any single map you want with what ever guns you want on it. Could ask @@Boomer!!

• Member ID:  2083
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  172
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3554
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Achievement Points:  23761
  • Birthday:  10/20/1962

@2_MANY_BEERS @@TecHnOBoY

NO, you cannot change something from a mappers map without the .map itself & they are not given out

with the map(s) / the only way to make changes within a map is to get the mapper to do it for you.

unless its an iwi but that has nothing to do with the map itself, ust the loadscreen and any custom

texture(s).

Cheers

@@Boomer

There is no way to decompile them? I've heard about it.

How did you add the modifications to backlot?

Maybe stupid questions but I am an idiot ;)

• Member ID:  2083
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  172
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3554
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Achievement Points:  23761
  • Birthday:  10/20/1962

@@Boomer

There is no way to decompile them? I've heard about it.

How did you add the modifications to backlot?

Maybe stupid questions but I am an idiot ;)

@@TecHnOBoY

haha not stupid Techno!

Backlot is a map that they give you to play with within the radient program. its called backlot geo.

As far as some kind of decompile... if there is a way to do that, that would be WAY BEYOND anything I know of!

Thx @@Boomer

This starts to become interesting.

I think I will re-enter mapper's universe.

I did that for Counter Strike 1.6, Source and L4D an few years ago. I think it can't be such a big difference..

• Member ID:  2821
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  553
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4523
  • Birthday:  08/07/1984
  • Device:  Linux

The spawn protection thing is on reason I haven't played as much don't like it when I unload a clip in to a player that has it on then when I reload they kill me needs to work both ways. Lol if I had it my way there would be no spawn protection just better spawn points and need punk buster to bust the punks lol I know I say a lot about camping but it keeps the game fun but those are my main two things need punkbuster and better spawn protection or none at all that's my thoughts.

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Why are you emptying your mag at a spawn protected player? I havent played ACE in a long time but I assume you get some kind of notification that the player is protected when you hit him.

Why are you emptying your mag at a spawn protected player? I havent played ACE in a long time but I assume you get some kind of notification that the player is protected when you hit him.

@@Sammy Unfortunately there is no notification that a player is spawn protected. If you shoot him and he dies -> he isn't protected. If he dosen't die -> he's is. Then you have to run for cover.

You have to know the spawns or you will die if your enemy is fast enough.

@@Texas sorry but this wouldn't be fun. We are talking about spawn campers / killers. And sometimes the spawn protection doesn' t get enabled fast enough to protect a player.

That's what i noticed. Spawn -> killed. While you are dieing you get the message "Spawn protection enabled". I don't know if it is only me or other players too

If someone doesn't know the map it might happen that he kills a player who is just spawned. Shit happens. But after 1 or 2 times you played a map you know where they spawn.

Edited by TecHnOBoY