Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Smoked/grilled Again

simplemod

• Member ID:  623
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1072
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  7809
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/26/1982

Some time ago, I was asked by a restaraunt here in town, how to do mushrooms on the grill. And If there was anything I had not ever tried on the smoker or grill. My reply was watermelon and mushrooms are the only two things I never tried. Well today, I bit the bullet and smoked some watermelon.

51c739cc280e0_Watermelongrill.jpg

It actually truned out better than I thought it would. It was not very sweet, but after smoking it about 20 minutes, and then moving it over by the fire and semi-grilling it, I took it off, and tried a bite, and it was much sweeter. I went ahead and put it in the fridge to get cold again, and see how it is that way. The other stuff is a small brisket, chuck roast, and little taters. Oh, and I did season the melon, I put salt and pepper on it, the way my Grandpa taught me to eat it, lol.

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960
  • Device:  Windows

You haven't lived until you've grilled some shiitake or portabello mushrooms. We have some vegetarian friends who come over for dinner a couple times a year and I always make burgers. Instead of meat on theirs I maranade and smoke/grill portabello mushrooms and they always rave about them.

I usually maranade them in a vinegar/soy sauce/garlic combination that I throw together and then just cook them like any other burger with some apple wood chips thrown on the coals for extra flavor. If I ever had to give up meat, those would be about my only alternatives since they're about as close to meat as you can get without actually being meat.

• Member ID:  1729
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  105
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7521
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Achievement Points:  49200
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/26/1969