Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Paula Deen.....what's Your Opinion?

little_old_man

• Member ID:  59
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2109
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  15107
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  13
  • Device:  Windows

Let he who is without sin ...   :)

• Member ID:  698
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1145
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  7232
  • Days Won:  0

While there is little question that she made some mistakes and then compounded it with more mistakes, demonizing her requires the demonizing of us all. Which one of us hasn't said or done something we shouldn't have?

I grew up in Florida, and thought as little then of racism as I do now. I owe that largely to my Archie Bunker like father, who was far meaner with his words than Archie. All of his hateful rants served to help me reject such attitudes.

In our home we do not speak that way, but I recognize that not everyone feels as we do. I may not like the way some folks speak, I would give my life for their right to free speech. If you take free speech from one, all will eventually lose it.

She's going to have to deal with it like the rest of us, take her lumps and move on.

Fins Up!!

Edited by LandShark

• Member ID:  2314
  • Group:  ++ Conan Exiles Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  20717
  • Content Per Day:  4.34
  • Achievement Points:  113891
  • Days Won:  50
  • Birthday:  04/22/1975

When you are a role model you must live with a stricter standard.  I wish I had that kind of money.  I would be a great role model for all!

• Member ID:  46
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  104
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  4316
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Achievement Points:  34774
  • Days Won:  11

It was blown way out of proportion in my opinion.............I still support Paula Dean.  Ive met her in person and shes wonderful.

• Member ID:  34
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

it is totally out of whack. We  have the IRS, Benghazi, syria, Eric holder, the economy, the Federal reserve priniting money, George Zimmerman on trial, Jodie Arias convicted and within 2 weeks a movie on lifetime....and the media is worried about Paula Dean???????????? Man am i glad I hate on everybody...and i mean EVERYBODY!!!!!!!

i AM DA GAMECHANGER AND I AM AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    BTW....FU BOGLEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14876
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91012
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

The late senator Robert Byrd democrat from West Virgina was a recruiter and high ranking officer with the KKK until the late 1950's. The "N" word was undoubtedly a big part of his vocabulary during those years, and as late as 2001 when giving a nationally televised interview.

Here is Bill Clinton at his funeral giving him a pass for his "loose" association with the KKK.

The interview with senator Robert Byrd saying the "N" word is on youtube if you're interested in hearing it, but I won't post a link to it here.

I suspect that a lot of people used that term in the 1950's regardless of their politics. Racism is racism.  I do find this to be a touch ironic. If someone comes onto our server and uses that term, we ban them period and many times there is little argument by anyone... So why the pass on Paula Deen?

Because she allegedly knows better now and doesnt use the term...she only admitted that in the past she had...

So we ban because we know better and do better....if we banned anyone who has used the term in the past who'd be left??

Thats so true, but in the end does the punishment fit the crime?  I admit, its harsh. I rather they left her on TV and let public opinion make that choice.

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14876
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91012
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

In the end Paula Deen will get the last laugh for she is killing us all with her decadent cooking....   :dry: 

• Member ID:  7584
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  2165
  • Birthday:  12/27/1972

I think it has gone too far, we have all said the N word some time in our lives . The N word not only replies to African Americans it applies to all races. It means stupid ignorant person so it doesn't matter what race you are. so you telling me if she called a Mexican the N word they would do this to her, ? I think she is a great woman an the reason for the apology was maybe to keep her show. She has enough money now she can buy them out an have her own network an I hope she does that

• Member ID:  907
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26177
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969

The N word does not apply to all races and as a milquetoast Minnesota I have never used that word. I have certainly used other slurs, but not that one. In any case I don't have a TV show and sponsors. And TV shows and sponsors can decide who they want to air and who they want to throw money at. They also have that right (within certain legal boundaries of course).

• Member ID:  715
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2178
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16606
  • Birthday:  11/04/1943

It was blown way out of proportion in my opinion.............I still support Paula Dean.  Ive met her in person and shes wonderful.

I never had the pleasure of meeting her but she would be welcomed at my house anytime.

Maybe she would cook dinner? :wine::yes

Guest grishae4851

1.jpg

Хроника блюстителя закона Джона Рейда, который с через индейца Тонто стал легендарным мстителем в маске, стоящим для защите справедливости. Тонто с юмором и небылицами повествует о тех приключениях, которые пришлось пережить двум непохожим благоприятель для друга героям, сведенным судьбой чтобы того дабы купно драться насупротив общего врага. Им приходится противостоять жадности и коррупции во времена, если появление первых железных дорог изменило понятие о начальник и могуществе в мире.

смотреть одинокий рейнджер мультсериал http://loneranger.hol.es х ф одинокий рейнджер

• Member ID:  2048
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

making her fortune of millions in the public eye creating her image you just dont say stupid things that will ruin the image you made your millions off of for the past over 10 years plus .Look she is stupid and she will pay for her stupidity now,do we have to worry about a multimillionare  while we are struggling to keep our homes and jobs...naaaaaaaaaa .i could care less about all this bullshit,just a bunch of media hype and useless jawflapping to heat up things and distract you from the real problems around us and how the current politicians are just ruining this country....

btw

after all this is i done she will still be a multimillionaire .dont worry she wont lose her home trying to pay here bills after loseing her job and going thru here life savings while unemployed  like real people have to face these days.

i think she will be ok

Edited by Damage_inc-

• Member ID:  715
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Content Count:  2178
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16606
  • Birthday:  11/04/1943

After eating my Rahmen noodles I would be more than happy tp pay Paula to stop by and make me some traditional Southern cooking.

• Member ID:  4888
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  2020
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  26312
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/29/1962

I never had the pleasure of meeting her but she would be welcomed at my house anytime.

Maybe she would cook dinner? :wine::yes

Oh hell yes!!

Could you imagine sitting down to a dinner of her fried chicken and mashed taters, gravy, greasy cut shorts,Biscuits and all . . . .  Key lime pie for dessert Dammm!!

Pass the Butter please . . .

• Member ID:  582
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  361
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  3272
  • Birthday:  11/22/1956

I remember  as a kid around 7 yrs. old and being a Canadian, having never even seen a  Black person ever, going to the neighborhood corner store and buying from the candy counter these black licorice jube-jubes in the shape of little people or babies. The card in the tray read, N*** babies 2 for a penny.  I  never  connected the dots until later in age. Also, around that same period, we would have Christmas nuts put out during the holiday's and one particular kind  (Brazil nuts) were called  N*** Toes . Being a kid at the time and never having seen a colored(coloured) person I don't think we were racicts. Maybe the product of grown-up racism but certainly not of our own. But one question I have is why do they call each other that word when they are mad or poking fun at each other?  Just like the old commercial for Coke, I too would like buy the world a Coke and live in harmony, just not that Bill Cosby New Coke shit.

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

It sounds like your childhood was about like mine Logan. I remember all of those same things, the candy, Brazil nuts and much more. I guess the part of Canada you grew up in was much different than the part Pete grew up in. :whistle: 

• Member ID:  112
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1132
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  6975
  • Birthday:  10/09/1960

I don't get it she admitted under oath she told the truth. Let it lie we forgive politicians when they SIN Sorry but the N word is not a SIN. I get a charge that rev Jackson and BIG AL are now on this side with Paula these are the jerks that insight this crap in the first place. I dont see Al or Rev Jackson going after any of the rappers white or black for using this word. That word Boasts there sales.

This is the rubber band affect and at some point it needs to start coming back.

I have been thinking about starting a TV network called W.E.T. to compete with B.E.T.  hmmm do you think any network would pick it up.

• Member ID:  582
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  361
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  3272
  • Birthday:  11/22/1956

I too believe this whole issue is being over publicized for the benefit of networks and newspaper sales. Whenever a situation happens and a dollar can be made (all countries) it will be exploited to the fullest and then when sales drop another issue will surface and off we go again. Ironically, if you had a loud speaker  on a busy street and called a white woman a slut, you probably wouldn't get the same reaction as calling a colored woman a Ho. (Same meaning) Pete Rose, O.J. Simpson, Mike Tyson and Martha Stewart all come to mind as big articles in their day and now are mostly forgotten. If it sells it will be stirred and if it doesn't it will be put in the fridge.