Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Alcohol Marijuana and the average working guy

Leadfinger

• Member ID:  4888
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2020
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  26312
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/29/1962
  • Device:  Windows

It's well know that Alcohol is a problem for a large number of people in America.

I enjoy a beer from time to time and I smoke a little weed sometimes.

I picked up the newspaper while in the "reading room" (only time I read a newspaper) I came across a story about a guy that stopped for a few beers on the way home from work, he had a shitty day and was kinda "pissy" when he got home. To make a long story short he ended up slapping his wife around and kicking the dog and ended up in jail. This happens way too much and I got to thinking  . . .when I smoke a little weed I'm relaxed and my bad day fades away . . . .  for me It would go like this  . . . I would enjoy a couple puffs from the pipe on the way home from work and walking in the door  I would say .. .  ."Hi honey I'm home anything for dinner"? it wouldn't really matter what her reply was chances are i would have the munchies and anything would sound good in fact even if she didn't cook anything That would be fine  . . .now I could have say cookies covered in ice cream or a big bowl of frosted flakes . . ..mmmm  When the dog comes along and is wigglin his tail and glad to see me I promptly serve him up the same thing I'm having and were both smilin ear to ear.

After tying up some flies for fishing or reloading some ammo or some other hobby (not watching TV . . If you think weed rots a persons mind you watch too much TV) it's off to bed. Since I didn't "toss" the wife around when i got home and she didn't get tired making dinner for me she is much more likely to climb on top and rock us both to sleep.

As a bonus no hangover in the morning.

Maybe the working man should be issued a small amount of weed when he gets off work  . . . . . .Ice cream and frosted flakes sales would soar and there would be less domestic violence.   :lol:  

• Member ID:  1071
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  879
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  5414
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/29/1974

+1

• Member ID:  1238
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

As with similar posts by others in the past, this, by inference if not overtly, contains non sequiturs.

It is more accurate to state that some drunk people commit domestic violence offences and cannabis

use causes psychosis in some genetically predisposed people.

See: http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/expertadvice/problemsdisorders/cannabis.aspx

The fact that someone chooses to use cannabis and is not yet psychotic is not sound justification for

widespread use.

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

20 to 60= 40 year span,I don't think I've missed more than a day of being without.I still have the same wife(non toker),only missed work when I broke my wrist other than that I was at work daily, only late twice in 31 years.I don't see the problem with weed,I also drink a lot.I just seem to not let these crutches interfere with my life or mind.But booze does seem to make you wobble a lot more.Then again I didn't smoke till I was 19 or 20,but I did drink before and with that came the spins sometimes and then the barf.I preferred to smoke and laugh.Much more relaxing to me.But I guess(I know and seen them) weed is not for everyone.Couple tokes and they're in la la land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWs1-NEV9O0

• Member ID:  3610
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2410
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/21/1983

As with similar posts by others in the past, this, by inference if not overtly, contains non sequiturs.

It is more accurate to state that some drunk people commit domestic violence offences and cannabis

The fact that someone chooses to use cannabis and is not yet psychotic is not sound justification for

widespread use.

plagiarism is a crime

• Member ID:  1965
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  1176
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8599
  • Birthday:  02/11/1969

widespread use.

weed has been around since biblical times....alcohol is made to get the desired effect....weed smokers don't go out and drive into oncoming traffic...yes of course the obvious is if a psycotic person smokes weed it makes them worse...but that is .999 percent of the population that don't have paranoid tendendcies...it is a known fact that paranoid schizophrenia is made worse by smoking weed and triggers psychotic thoughts...but that goes the same for if you gave that same person ten beers.....i just don't get the comparison with weed and booze,, not even in the same bracket....paranoid schizphrenics should not smoke weed period....but those that don't have the predisposed gene can smoke it with out any worries...picture this....smoke ten joints and do a couple of balance exercises then try the same after ten beers....two different entities that don't even deserve a comparison...too much of a joke to me.....booze kills weed pasifies.....period and there isn't any little snippets from the back of a good person magazine that will convince me other wise.....someone always finds a rogue statement found in the back of Funk and Wagnalls back porch books to find a severe situation in which weed is harmful...its a joke ....booze taken in excess can have real bad results....weed taken in excess [normal non paranoid schizophrenics] and the results are sitting in chair with a bowl of popcorn and pop...or a bowl of chips and a t.v chanel changer....peeps have always given weed a bad rap...damn refer madness movie from the fifties..made everyone turn into scaredy cats....use your own judgement people....booze will always be the worst of the two...and you all know it........remember you have to make booze to get the desired effect.....weed has it in there from the start.....lets see you beer drinkers and wine lovers drink your drinks without the alcohol....you would see alot more weed smokers if you took the drunk part out of the boozing,,,,because beer tastes like shit.....lol,,,and by the way have you ever picked up a gal with drunken wine breath?,,,,,instant turn off,,,,,,,,weed and booze in the same sentence....too funny....sounds like the brainwashers have struck again.....

• Member ID:  3610
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2410
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/21/1983

• Member ID:  1071
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  879
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  5414
  • Birthday:  12/29/1974

lets say ya open 2 bars a mile away from each other! a bar that only sells alachol and a bar that only sells weed! witch bar do ya think the cops will be called to first??

• Member ID:  4367
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  370
  • Birthday:  08/30/1981
  • Device:  Android

widespread use.

Lighten up Mr. Keg. We have been drinking since the discovery of fermentation (before even), and rolling since we were given the gift of opposable thumbs.

None of these things are particularly good for you, but we do them anyway. Call it human nature. What about cirrhosis of the liver. Is that sound justification for the widespread use of alcohol? I think not, but we still drink. As you have said it contains non sequiturs. Why so serious then? :)

• Member ID:  906
  • Followers:  143
  • Topic Count:  511
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  17059
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Achievement Points:  148370
  • Days Won:  675
  • Birthday:  11/30/1960

• Member ID:  18981
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  359

i smoke weed and honestly i dont know why people smoek cigerets or drink alchol i dont under stand it getting high can NOT kill u drinking can pot is not adictive alchol and cigerets i whenu smoke a cigeret it seems poitnless becaue if u smoke a joint u get to feel happy and amazing for about 2and a half hours and to answer ur question the bar with the alchohol would get called first

#LEGALIZE IT

widespread use.

i just smoked a huge bong keg man.....lmao...now i want to lay down and eat the bed....hahahahaha.....

• Member ID:  4888
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2020
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  26312
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/29/1962

widespread use.

Someone who chooses to use cannabis is destined to become Psychotic?  Really?  That would imply that everyone who enjoys smoking some weed from time to time will eventually become Psychotic . .. just a matter of time . .. . .tic . .  toc .. .tic  .. toc . . .tic  . . toc . . . nope just not feeling it   . .  .  maybe later.

The point of the post is to suggest that perhaps people who drink and get angry should consider smoking a little weed to relax instead. Not looking to convince everyone to get high everyday and certainly not suggesting kids should. I bet that there would be less domestic violence and fewer hangovers

• Member ID:  171
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1487
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Achievement Points:  8690
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/05/1970

I've been smoking concentrates for about a year now.....and after smoking bud for 30+ years...it is almost impossible for me to smoke weed without concentrates...... :smiling:

If your not "Dab'n" you aint gettin high! :thumbup:

http://youtu.be/SeQn81-cjxg

lets say ya open 2 bars a mile away from each other! a bar that only sells alachol and a bar that only sells weed! witch bar do ya think the cops will be called to first??

because of paranoid people making laws in the fifties,,,,imagine if prohibition had stuck?,,,,can you imagine the advertisments about that?,,,,and the lobyists ...it would be a joke too,,,,paranoids who needs em?

I've been smoking concentrates for about a year now.....and after smoking bud for 30+ years...it is almost impossible for me to smoke weed without concentrates...... :smiling:

If your not "Dab'n" you aint gettin high! :thumbup:

http://youtu.be/SeQn81-cjxg

i love my BHO too .......as well as honeycomb butter....yummy....i made some last  month and it was lethal.... had to put it away till i feel like getting bombastic,,,the only thing is.... it uses up alot of good bud...i got a real nice dabber too whiteboy....with a real big titanium plate.....i only use bho on the weekends as if i smoke it through the week i feel like i've come off a drunk...really potent...if you're ever in Canada Whiteboy stop by and i will give you a babyfood jar of it......i got seventy O'

G kush plants in and they're up to my chest allready..so i might have to make some more in three more months at harvest,,,,,my buddies always come to Johnny for the good shit....he he

here's another one for the archives...last year an old fella came into our hunting camp in hunting season and asked what ta hell i was smoking ...i said herb...he says that stuff will make you kill people ...so that got me started ...well after about a two hour conversation on the pro's and cons of weed...i said to him...do you want to try some...he says no way...after a minute i thought....why not you're going to be dead in ten years anyway[he was 86 at the time]he laughed and says ok let me try one...i didn't see him for about three hours after that ...and when i did ..he was laughing and haveing a hell of a good time....so to make a long story short...i was sitting at the breakfast table the next morning and he comes over to me and whispers.....you haven't got another one of those joints i could get off ya do ya?,,,,,,,well i laughed hard again;;;;to this day that man is always laughing when i see him and has gotten himself a new lady friend too.....he doesn't drink any m,ore and visits me once every two months to restock.....not much as i don't sell it i just grow it....but he usually gets an ounce every two months...and won't go anywhere else except to me ..as he trusts me,,,and enjoys my company.....he usually brings over some of his B.C salmon in a can that he makes by the case...so good...or i will be out in the driveway in the morning and he will be there fixing my truck or something....its like im his Dad.....he follows me around too .......funny guy and quite intelligent plus he is rich and has worked hard his entire life and raised six kids successfully....so if he goes goofy from smoking pot at 87 he is entitled to it....remember the only reason you non smokers critisize weed is because you are ignorant of the facts...and have listened to second hand bullshit from day one....do yourself a favour and try it so as not to sound stupid and non informed....if a man 86 liked it,,,,it can't be that evil......

• Member ID:  213
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5644
  • Birthday:  06/06/1963

its ok in moderation, but it will Fucking ruin your ability to be happy Sober after a few decades of chronic use, it burns out your Endorphins and your natural ability to be happy. You will be on Anti=depressants for the rest of your life, or you'll be so crabby no one will wanna be around ya. Google it. This happened to my good friend, watched him smoke for 35 years every day, he paid the price.

• Member ID:  151
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9137
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Achievement Points:  94128
  • Days Won:  314
  • Birthday:  05/17/1959

Best proof, go to an NFL football game. Many drinkers and by the end of the game you've witnessed many fights in the stands, usually assholes getting obnoxious! Go to a Tom Petty concert and there are joints passing through the crowd and all are having a good ole time!! Seen this many times - instant asshole, just add alcohol! Never heard that phrase in regards to weed because everyone mellow! NAyway, moderation is the key to health.....too much of ANYTHING is not good for you!!

its ok in moderation, but it will Fucking ruin your ability to be happy Sober after a few decades of chronic use, it burns out your Endorphins and your natural ability to be happy. You will be on Anti=depressants for the rest of your life, or you'll be so crabby no one will wanna be around ya. Google it. This happened to my good friend, watched him smoke for 35 years every day, he paid the price.

fucking bullshit.....its from another underlying prob that didn't surface,,,,,,,ive smoked herb for 40 years......never had any probs laughing or being happy when im not smoking pot......it's all to do with the individual......so let me get this straight ....half of the world doesn't have any endorphins left...and can't be happy unless their wasted?,,,fucking bullshit,,,use facts not obscure writings from disgruntled non pot smokers....i watched David letterman two weeks ago and they had rachael ray on there talking about e-cigs....quote from her....get it away from me i don't even want to touch it.....talking about fucking drama......i can't touch plastic because it has the word cig in it....fuckin joke.....get educated about weed please and stop writing refer madness statements from the fifties,,,,,more benefits from the plant than a beer bottle has.you can't make rope out of a wine or beer bottle...or clothing ...or eco type stuctures....there is an individual in my town that built a house out of hemp and old tires....and the place is amazing,,,,,nuff said,,,,i wonder when im going to have to go to the doctor and get some anti depressants...oh wait i have a bag full of them...its called weed

• Member ID:  503
  • Followers:  181
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  2461
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  15555
  • Days Won:  1

here's another one for the archives...last year an old fella came into our hunting camp in hunting season and asked what ta hell i was smoking ...i said herb...he says that stuff will make you kill people ...so that got me started ...well after about a two hour conversation on the pro's and cons of weed...i said to him...do you want to try some...he says no way...after a minute i thought....why not you're going to be dead in ten years anyway[he was 86 at the time]he laughed and says ok let me try one...i didn't see him for about three hours after that ...and when i did ..he was laughing and haveing a hell of a good time....so to make a long story short...i was sitting at the breakfast table the next morning and he comes over to me and whispers.....you haven't got another one of those joints i could get off ya do ya?,,,,,,,well i laughed hard again;;;;to this day that man is always laughing when i see him and has gotten himself a new lady friend too.....he doesn't drink any m,ore and visits me once every two months to restock.....not much as i don't sell it i just grow it....but he usually gets an ounce every two months...and won't go anywhere else except to me ..as he trusts me,,,and enjoys my company.....he usually brings over some of his B.C salmon in a can that he makes by the case...so good...or i will be out in the driveway in the morning and he will be there fixing my truck or something....its like im his Dad.....he follows me around too .......funny guy and quite intelligent plus he is rich and has worked hard his entire life and raised six kids successfully....so if he goes goofy from smoking pot at 87 he is entitled to it....remember the only reason you non smokers critisize weed is because you are ignorant of the facts...and have listened to second hand bullshit from day one....do yourself a favour and try it so as not to sound stupid and non informed....if a man 86 liked it,,,,it can't be that evil......

Great story Johnny, loved it.  I can just picture that old boy and imagine he's enjoying life a bit more at his age.  

• Member ID:  1370
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1117
  • Birthday:  07/12/1966

left against right...where's twelve o'clock?

everybody knows more...nobody is insane...

one idiot calls the other idiot an idiot...

That's why I choosed to join() XI...

:)

I'm with Johnny Quest,been smoking for 40 years daily,raised a family,still laugh and smile.Just wish I had a place to grow it like JQ.Liked your story about the old man.Maybe by the time I reach 86 I'll be able to grow it in Ontario.Only 24 years to wait LOL. 

• Member ID:  1238
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11

widespread use.

plagiarism is a crime

I don't understand what "plagiarism" has got to do with it.

Having undertaken university-level education, I am fully aware of academic requirements for citing sources, thank you, and, indeed, used those required by Harvard when writing my own essays.

For those who don't know the meaning of this long word, here's another link (public domain so it should pass muster):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism