Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Gun Violence

Shamu

• Member ID:  715
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2178
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16606
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/04/1943
  • Device:  Windows

Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 870  shotgun right in the doorway. I gave it 6 shells, then left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign right in front of our house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there, right where I had left it. It hadn't moved itself outside. It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented to do so. In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself.

Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the media hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people. Either the media is wrong, and it's the misuse of guns by PEOPLE that kills people, or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.

Alright, well I'm off to check on my forks and spoons. I hear they're making people fat.

Edited by Shamu

• Member ID:  2126
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  516
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/31/1976

WELL FUCKING SAID BRO !

Awards

• Member ID:  158
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  122
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  755
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  5755
  • Birthday:  09/11/1958

According to the press you have a lazy firearm. But if you want to be safe I recommend a double barrel shotgun on the back porch.

• Member ID:  715
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2178
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16606
  • Birthday:  11/04/1943

According to the press you have a lazy firearm. But if you want to be safe I recommend a double barrel shotgun on the back porch.

But there is just something scary to the bad guy if he hears a pump being racked for action.

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14873
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Achievement Points:  90995
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

That was cute Shamu. I like that, and very appropriate. But I myself have neither and Im pretty safe.. Did I mention I forgot to lock the door?  lol

• Member ID:  221
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1864
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Achievement Points:  12302
  • Birthday:  06/10/1967

• Member ID:  158
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  122
  • Content Count:  755
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  5755
  • Birthday:  09/11/1958

Well, you never know Pete. I have had my house broken into once, and I have had my hand on my pistol once (in town) ready to draw, being stalked and hassled by a couple of skin heads. They decided to go about their merry way and leave me alone at that point. But really it is about what you are comfortable with. If you have a weapon and you are afraid to use it you are better off not having one. Me? I am not gonna waste any of my face on some nut jobs hand because they don't care for me in some way.

• Member ID:  3707
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1854
  • Birthday:  04/07/1963
  • Device:  Android

drop the gun off at my house i have a use for it and i would say mine would be justified

• Member ID:  809
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2833
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  20364
  • Birthday:  06/25/1979

well i have several guns in the house, we leave the door unlocked and im not afraid of someone breaking in.  I have these 2 security control devices. they range from 130lbs to 160lbs. and when standing up to attack they are over 6foot tall. if for some reason my first line of defense fails I always have lead to rectify the situation.

oh and on a side note we live on a major road with lots of traffic.  I parade my security devices in plain view of the passing motorists.  I also encourage them to wrestle while in the yard.   before i moved in with my security we would have things disappear from the property.  mostly gas out of vehicles.    since  i have moved in  we have not had anything disappear from the property.

51e56b4e09432_raven.jpg

51e56b75e2fd7_toby.jpg

51e56b87f0d8d_rav1.jpg

51e56b976ad7a_toby1.jpg

51e56ba47b391_tobyrav.jpg

• Member ID:  62
  • Followers:  73
  • Topic Count:  480
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4124
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Achievement Points:  27905
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  06/16/1972

I guess all my guns are lazy also. They have never hurt another person. Now deer and elk have been shot by them, but that's a different story.

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4668
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41007
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

I live in Illinois. Any weapons I have are locked in a safe. Guess they're in jail & harmless. It's the criminals that are free to roam around & create what mayhem they wish. BTW, if you suffer from a break-in, and firearms are stolen from you, YOU are responsible for any crimes committed with YOUR guns. Can't quite follow the legal logic of that, but I'm not on the legislature's payroll.

Does this mean if my Telecaster & 60w amp are stolen, I'm responsible for somebody going deaf? What about beer, brandy, & bourbon? Do I need to carry dram shop insurance for thieves getting hammered & driving away in stolen cars? What if a thief steals my petty cash & hooks up with a prostitute? Am I responsible for the spread of AIDS or unwanted pregnancy?

• Member ID:  4888
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  2020
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  26312
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/29/1962

Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 870 shotgun right in the doorway. I gave it 6 shells, then left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor boy across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign right in front of our house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was still sitting there, right where I had left it. It hadn't moved itself outside. It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented to do so. In fact, it hadn't even loaded itself.

Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the media hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people. Either the media is wrong, and it's the misuse of guns by PEOPLE that kills people, or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.

Alright, well I'm off to check on my forks and spoons. I hear they're making people fat.

After reading this post I was curious about how well my guns would behave if I left them alone out of the safe on the table. I placed the Israeli mfg UZI with a full clip next to the Brazilian made .357 and the Canadian made Savage .32 auto was Barrel to Barrel with the S&W .40 I completed the "gun off" with a Philippine made 12 Ga. holding a .25 Colt auto in a compromising position all with full clips. I hung several paper targets around the room to try and provoke a restless trigger into showing itself. I then left the room for several hours all the while listening for gun violence to erupt.

When I went in the room later I found everything on the table as I had left it except that the .25 colt was trying to get the .32 auto to switch the safety off and the .32 was too embarrassed (that little colt is awful persuasive) So my results are similar to Shamu's in that no shots fired .

Even after setting these firearms out and making sure that they had motive and opportunity they managed to keep their cool.

It's pretty obvious that the guns are not the problem.

Edited by Leadfinger

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14873
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Achievement Points:  90995
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

Well, you never know Pete. I have had my house broken into once, and I have had my hand on my pistol once (in town) ready to draw, being stalked and hassled by a couple of skin heads. They decided to go about their merry way and leave me alone at that point. But really it is about what you are comfortable with. If you have a weapon and you are afraid to use it you are better off not having one. Me? I am not gonna waste any of my face on some nut jobs hand because they don't care for me in some way.

I have no issues with anyone owning a gun or having to use them for personal protection. You do what is needed to keep you and your loved ones safe. Maybe someday Frag I may have to change my mind and own a personal weapon. I have to say I am lucky and grateful to live in an area where that type of security is not the norm, but things always do change.

Good post guys..

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1188
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6490
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63167
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

That was cute Shamu. I like that, and very appropriate. But I myself have neither and Im pretty safe.. Did I mention I forgot to lock the door?  lol

Pete what did you say your address is? Lol!