Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

If You Were Born In The 60s, 70s, or 80s, You Have to Watch This. WOW.

wildthing

• Member ID:  36
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  124
  • Topic Count:  235
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3845
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Achievement Points:  34608
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  17
  • Birthday:  11/22/1968
  • Device:  Windows

• Member ID:  2137
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  3993
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/20/1964

thank you I made it.

• Member ID:  607
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3337
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33616
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

That is amazing and so Bloody true.

When I was a kid we made these 5329e1da5d1ae_diyslingshotwithstickandru

And shot cans off fences climbed trees for apples made go carts out of scrap and raced down hill. And hell you had an argument with someone you slugged it out in the street and that was the end of it.

We respected our Parents, Teachers, and Elders....And if you messed around in school it was the slipper or cane for your troubles and if your parents found out another sore back side..

But You Know What..........They Really Were The Good Old Day's And I miss them

Edited by baldie

• Member ID:  1850
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  98
  • Topic Count:  328
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8620
  • Content Per Day:  1.74
  • Achievement Points:  55994
  • Birthday:  06/19/1948

Everything in that video is true. They left out the strap at school you got for when in trouble and one you got at home for bad behaver in school.

• Member ID:  5470
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  371
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2482
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Achievement Points:  22894
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/17/1968

Yep, I had to come home when the street lights came on LOL.

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Respected parents, teachers and elders? Really? One thing about the good ol days is that people tend to look at it through rose colored glasses.

• Member ID:  5468
  • Followers:  36
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  674
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6446
  • Birthday:  06/22/1965
  • Device:  Android

I don't remember any stinkin streetlights. 

But I do remember I would have much rathered gotten the strap than have my teacher call my Mom. 

If I were your mom I wouldnt want some strange guy to lash my kid nor would I allow it. That would be my job.  :lol: 

• Member ID:  607
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Content Count:  3337
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33616
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

Respected parents, teachers and elders? Really? One thing about the good ol days is that people tend to look at it through rose colored glasses.

Sammy I do not know about how you were raised and I will not get involved in whats right or wrong with regards parenting......

But my parents did teach me to respect them and if I did not there were consequences. And before you think I was beaten all the time I was not, in fact during my childhood my Father only hit me twice on my backside, the first time for burning down the greenhouse and the second was when a policeman bought me home after I was caught playing on a building site and climbing the scaffolding..

My Mother on the other hand had the fastest slipper in the west it would leave her foot into her hand and through the air to hit me on my backside from twenty paces in a split second, She never missed :lol:.

What I am saying is I was far from being an Angel and got into trouble all the time mostly for fighting and coming home with cuts and bruises and ripped clothes.

And with regards school and Teachers in my day you argued with a teacher, if it was not a piece of chalk flying in the air towards your head it was the Blackboard Rubber and if you really fucked up you were sent to the Head Master,

There you would receive the cane to your hand for a first offence, and continue being a prat and it was the backside the next time.

No at the time it was not fun but it did Teach me Respect....And that's what my point is Children need boundary's. The kids of today are running wild there is no Discipline no rules at home, the Teachers are afraid to even raise their voice anymore because they would be given a disciplinary...

The kids hit the teacher's and all they get is a couple days exclusion from school.

SO YES THEY WERE THE GOOD OLD DAY'S WE WERE TAUGHT BY RESPONSIBLE PARENTS AND TEACHERS who cared enough to teach us right from wrong...  

• Member ID:  19976
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  101
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  968
  • Birthday:  08/08/1949

ALL TRUE!

1949 vintage...Once a girl hit me and then told teacher I hit her!  So teacher hit me...so dad went to skool and hit him!!   LOL

There is certainly a difference where you go to school. Head master suggest UK. In the various US schools I went to the punishment... which meant some swats on the ass... was assumed to be allowed unless the parent signed a piece of paper saying dont. But even then there are the occasional no-no's. For example you dont want some 50 year old male asst principal spanking your teenage girl. That is just creepy.

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

My dad never had to swat me after I was probably 5 or so. It was just the threat of it that kept me in line after that.

I used to walk to school from kindergarten on, and yes I got into fights, got paddled at school several times, broke bones, had the police bring me home, and through it all I survived.  Not long after my first was born (early 90's) a local 12 year old girl named Polly Klaas was kidnapped from her bedroom, raped and murdered. The guy who did it is still on death row and the way laws work today he'll probably die of old age. It was national news and had a big effect on how we parents raised our kids. After that it seems that pedophiles we frequently on the news and parents didn't want to let their kids out of their sight. I know those freaks were around when we were kids, but you rarely heard about them and I'm sure many were dealt with swiftly without the law being involved.

I got my driver's license the day I turned 16, and other than my middle daughter who is just like me, my other two kids are or were in no hurry to drive. They don't have that same burning desire to get away from home and be independent like I did at their ages. They're perfectly happy visiting with their friends online and playing video games. It kind of makes me sick to think about all they're missing out on. Those were the the most fun years of my life.

• Member ID:  2465
  • Group:  +++ Minecraft Head Admin
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  1818
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  14559
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/17/1972

Everything in that video is true. They left out the strap at school you got for when in trouble and one you got at home for bad behaver in school.

Man, do i ever remember the strap in the school.. Haha, i will never forget my principle in grade 3, he told me to drop my pants and bend over the chair, i was getting the leather Bible strap over the rear end and when he said the words "drop your pants young man and bend over the chair" i said "why? Are you gay?" stupidest thing you can ever say to the principle wielding a leather strap in that day and age. I got it twice as many times and then my parents got called and i got it again with my fathers tennis racket sized hands over my ass. Couldnt sit for a week after that... Yup i survived...lol..

Oh how times have changed.. Sad really!!!

Edited by KingStinger!

• Member ID:  371
  • Followers:  67
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  854
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6772
  • Birthday:  04/02/1962

we had a cut down hockey goalie stick . that was in the 70's  started school in the 60's with the strap tho.

• Member ID:  2465
  • Group:  +++ Minecraft Head Admin
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  1818
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  14559
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/17/1972

If I were your mom I wouldnt want some strange guy to lash my kid nor would I allow it. That would be my job.  :lol:

This is the belief of most these days BUT i strongly disagree with it.. (no offence of course) 

Back in the 70's & 80's i remember being at a parent teacher interview and i recall the words of my Mom to the teacher quite clearly...She said to my teacher: "if he needs it, give it to him" (meaning the strap) 

Im still alive today to tell about it and no long or short term damage was done.. Actually I think it taught me respect. Any one older than me to this day I still address them as SIR or Ma'am and respect my elders. When i was a kid, if i didnt reply to an adult with a YES SIR or a NO sir and just a yes or a no, well lets just say i couldnt sit for a week after that. But that only happened once or twice and the hint was passed on real quick. Absolutely nothing wrong with an up bringing like that and I wish it was still like that.. My kids are in there late teens now and i can say I never raised them with an angry hand but with an educating hand. And it was actually very rare that I ever had to raise a hand to them because they learned to respect.. They are respectful of there elders and I am proud of the young ladies they have become. They actually shine in front of todays disrespectful teens..

Edited by KingStinger!

• Member ID:  800
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6933
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  58142
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957
  • Device:  Android

Thank you for sharing so very fooking true.......... been there did that got the T -shirt

For not saying 'sir'? Thats pretty extreme. Its not as though you stole something. While I think the whole 'time out' thing is silly there are other ways to handle unruly children.

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

For not saying 'sir'? Thats pretty extreme. Its not as though you stole something. While I think the whole 'time out' thing is silly there are other ways to handle unruly children.

Yes Sammy, for not saying sir. Respect for your elders especially among boys was the most important rule a dad could teach their kids in the world I grew up in.  My dad wasn't overly strict and was always fair, but had I ever mouthed off to my parents of one of his friends he would have layed me out flat with a single punch, so needless to say I always treated my elders with great respect, and if I was ever out of line they were more than welcome to give me an attitude adjustment with my parents blessing. But you have to remember the generation our parents came from. Most lived through the depression, and their peers were men who fought and survived WWII, Korea and Viet Nam. Even as a kid I watched these "old men" just beat the holy shit out of much younger men who figured they were easy to fuck with. A man who has fought in battle and know what it's like to kill people is not a person you want to act like a smart ass with or be disrespectful to.

The women of that generation were just as tough when they had to be. My own grandmother was walking home from work one night when some punk decided to steal her purse. Not only did he not get the purse, she beat the living Hell out of him then sat on his motionless carcass until the police arrived.

So yeah Sammy, respect for ones elders is the first lesson I taught my kids, and as far as I'm concerned they learned it well.

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

Sammy I do not know about how you were raised and I will not get involved in whats right or wrong with regards parenting......

But my parents did teach me to respect them and if I did not there were consequences. And before you think I was beaten all the time I was not, in fact during my childhood my Father only hit me twice on my backside, the first time for burning down the greenhouse and the second was when a policeman bought me home after I was caught playing on a building site and climbing the scaffolding..

My Mother on the other hand had the fastest slipper in the west it would leave her foot into her hand and through the air to hit me on my backside from twenty paces in a split second, She never missed :lol:.

What I am saying is I was far from being an Angel and got into trouble all the time mostly for fighting and coming home with cuts and bruises and ripped clothes.

And with regards school and Teachers in my day you argued with a teacher, if it was not a piece of chalk flying in the air towards your head it was the Blackboard Rubber and if you really fucked up you were sent to the Head Master,

There you would receive the cane to your hand for a first offence, and continue being a prat and it was the backside the next time.

No at the time it was not fun but it did Teach me Respect....And that's what my point is Children need boundary's. The kids of today are running wild there is no Discipline no rules at home, the Teachers are afraid to even raise their voice anymore because they would be given a disciplinary...

The kids hit the teacher's and all they get is a couple days exclusion from school.

SO YES THEY WERE THE GOOD OLD DAY'S WE WERE TAUGHT BY RESPONSIBLE PARENTS AND TEACHERS who cared enough to teach us right from wrong...  

Very true m8, but if you really wanted to know what school punishment was all about you should have went to a Catholic school and felt the wrath of those sexually frustrated priests and perverted teachers, pretty sure they went into a dark room and thrashed themselves (and other stuff too) after they gave us a good hammering, all of this stuff going in in the UK connected to Jimmy Saville etc man they don't know half of what went on at a British Catholic Schools, or maybe they did know come to think of it.532aabda10ddf_veryshockedsmileyemoticon.

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

I went to one SOB,some nasty strapping and pointers accross the knuckles.

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

I went to one SOB,some nasty strapping and pointers accross the knuckles.

They used to fiddle with your naughty bits at my school Johnny as well as giving you a good thrashing, they would have got away with murder in those days, they would give you a choice a good thrashing or a letter sent home to your parents, of course you took the good thrashing but the sly bastards would still send a letter to your parents so you got another good thrashing at home, that was secondary school but don't get me started on Primary school where we had Nuns....oh boy never witnessed so many pent up sexually frustrated violent woman in my life 532ac5a8db7bf_swearingragesmileyemoticon

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

I thought the nuns were brutal at my grade school.

• Member ID:  691
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2273
  • Birthday:  02/27/1953

Its so true ,we never worried about being out ,all over town riding our bikes, grew up Perry Oklahoma small town ,all summer we rode out bikes to the pool to creek till supper time, out in neborhood till dark, move to Okc same thing but bigger ,,, as for being bad , i got the belt ,the back of the hand , grounded, ya learn there's  price to pay,. I work for eveything i need or wanted, ,my dad tought me a work etic .nothing is free. my kid were raise the same way ,I never had to spank them after 3rd grade . its a different world now ,for good or bad,,,, i most ways better , in other ways worst . :zorro: :rant: :rtfm: :stuart:

• Member ID:  698
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  1145
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  7232

GREAT POST!

• Member ID:  906
  • Followers:  143
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  17065
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Achievement Points:  148429
  • Days Won:  676
  • Birthday:  11/30/1960

life was good back then.. there was thing's to do or we made thing's to do..no internet no cell phones ..had all the fun with what we made up ..sure do miss the good old day's