Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

COD2 DM server

Hoth

• Member ID:  64
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1036
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  9639
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/09/1969
  • Device:  Windows

Dawgy I believe started a post the other day that seemed to vanish(possibly with the server work) unless I missed it. He basically stated the traffic has been pretty poor on the cod2 server. He also stated he wasn't a fan of some of the server changes.  A reply I had written that I could not get to post. Some of the post is in direct reply to some of the comments.

The dm server later followed by the CTF server is what originally drove me here and into this clan. The quality of people did as well. I remember on a nightly basis there would be great ctf games between the time I got home from work until around midnight usually. Usually after that the stragglers would go to the dm server until the wee hours. I am not a fan of all the gadget stuff junking up the server as well. If the server was set up a little more traditional it may draw some of the older crowd. If I wanted to have other things shoot for me or fly planes I would be playing a different game.  Some more events/tourneys may help traffic some as well.  I haven't ran one in some time and need to get busy in that department on a variety of games and cod flavors. Dawgy my favorite non XI server is the outlaw ctf server. It doesn't play with the speed of our ctf mod (which I miss) we used but it is setup really well though. If you want to get in some ctf be sure to xfire me. I go in from time to time and hand out some grief. There is usually good traffic there at most times of the day/night.     64.94.238.161

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11845
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106362
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

The DM server traffic has been really good lately. Last night the DM server actually had more people in it than the COD4 MW2 freezetag server at one point. DM had 13 people in it. 

The game is just old and we just don't have the clan members that play it anymore. A lot of members are now playing all sorts of other games. Before that changes that were made the server was dead, maybe getting 5 or 6 people a night. 

I'm trying to find a middle ground to keep both sides happy. What are the things you want out of the mod that are there right now, I'll see about getting them removed or altered. 

• Member ID:  151
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9137
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Achievement Points:  94128
  • Days Won:  314
  • Birthday:  05/17/1959
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Hats off to you Rugger, as finding that middle ground is very difficult. Everyone like different things about them. I started with this clan back in the CTF days and miss them a lot! I like the TDM server, where we can vote on the game type (TDM or CTF), but this server seems to only have traffic on the weekends - wish I knew why. As far as the DM, I don't mind it and it has gone through many changes. But I have to say (and said it previously), I can't stand the "gimmicks", as Ter/Pete called them. As soon as the sentry guns come out, I am gone. Can't stand them! Or "buying" these gimmicks at all. Beartraps? Really? If traffic is up due to these things, then okay - I'm out voted and people like them and majority wins. Fortunately, my new PC plays COD5 very well and doesn't have the gimmicks (and traffic has been very high)...only true WW2 weapons (okay, modified a bit, but no modern weapons - not even the gunship). I'd move to COD4 if I wanted sentrys or helicopters. Just my opinion, but I hear you Hoth!

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

The gunship has already been disabled on the DM server so it shouldn't be an issue any longer. The helicopter is practically useless and rarely kills as many people as it costs the person who buys it. I tried it on a map last night and it got stuck in a wall a few seconds after I bought it, so I won't be getting it any more.  The sentry gun is gone, and the mobile sentry gun is pretty useless as well, is rarely used and I doubt if anybody would complain if it was removed. The bear traps shouldn't be an issue. They cost points to use and really are no more of a pain in the ass than mines or trip wires, so I don't understand why people complain about them.

The "gimmicks" are really gone and never used other than the bear traps, so it should be just like the old DM server mod. 

Rugger, yes the DM server had a good crowd last night but it's not normally like that on a week night. I played for a couple hours and it was nice for a change to have a decent crowd.

Edited by little_old_man

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11845
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106362
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

Lets see what happens when I take out all the specials and the gunship. 

Post back here after tonight and tell me how it went. 

• Member ID:  20107
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2015
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16685
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994
  • Device:  Android

It's a real shame to see the servers only busy on the weekends really. I am always free for a game or few from 7am to 7pm GMT time most days during the week. It will be nice to get some of the traffic back in there and have it as busy as it used to be. I think another reason why the traffic has fallen is because of the newer games that outdate COD2. I am investing in COD4 (with what little money I have) to play during the week while waiting for COD2 on the weekends.

• Member ID:  1189
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2004
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  12788
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/20/1966

Thanks Rugger.  Lets see how it works.  However here is my input.  We will never make everyone happy, but we all have opinions and that is healthy.  There is some things that I don't  care for but I just play thru it.  That's just me saying.  Having said that we try to do what ever is best to have a full server.   Some nights it is full and some nights it is half full.  Just a month or so ago it was pretty full all the time, but now in my opinion that the weather is warming up peeps are outside and that is just what it is.  In respect to the gimmicks I don't really care for them myself but you won't win if you keep buying them.

Window