Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

how to fix iwd error on cod2

dawgy

• Member ID:  179
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1054
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  6817
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1981
  • Device:  iPhone

Okay Im going to try and explain the iwd sum/mismatch error.... whenever you get this error when trying to join>XI< servers it is happening for one of two reasons... 1st you may have another map pack from another server with the same map as one of the map packs on our server.... and 2nd two map packs can be calling on the same script fora map.... ( like a teleporter, if these mappers do not rename their scripts to their own custom names both maps willcall on the same script from different map packs) thus giving you the same error... now I will explain how to fix these errors and also how to clean out your main..

for my version of windows 7 64 bit the main file is located in computer/©:/program files (x86)/activision/call of duty 2/mainfor my my old windows xp 32 bit the main file is located in computer/©:/program files/activision/call of duty 2/main

as long as you are current on patches you should be able to sort this file by date modified...now if you look at the files you should have a bunch of localized_english_iw##.iwd and also a bunch of iw_##.iwd... the last two of theseshould be localized_english_iw11.iwd and iw_15.iwd... since they were created at the same time... via patch4/14/2006 one of these two are the last stock files you need in your main.... so everything below these two files can bedeleted.... so if your mismatch error says xia.iwd.... scroll down from this point till you find it and delete it or move to a file on your desktop if you dont want to redownload map packs... sometimes its easier just to delete all the maps after the specified files because you may have multiple errors if any of the two problems I stated earlier occurr for any other maps... for me since I map alot my main is always clean because if not I get multiple testing errors.. but to make it easy for me to still play I have different folders for each server so that when I want to play dm I just drag and drop them from my folder to the main.... ackkkk time for ctf?? no problem well now I move my dm maps back to their file and drag and drop my ctf maps in my MAIN.. ohhh nooootdm time...??? yes it is time for me to move my ctf maps to their folder and drag and drop my tdm in.... wow.. this is easy huh??so honestly my advice is to delete all custom files and redownload via server that way you know exactly what map packs are for what server!!!

I really hope this helps some of you idiots out there...... if you can follow directions that is....
woof woof...

Awards

• Member ID:  51
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5974
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Achievement Points:  45818
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/26/1949

You have earned your Scooby snack...Now get back on the porch and stay... :) :)

Awards

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

Thanks but did you need to post it 3 times535f7075dcfa3_homerdoh3.jpg

• Member ID:  989
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  261
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  17977
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Achievement Points:  131729
  • Days Won:  251
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946
  • Device:  Windows

You have earned your Scooby snack...Now get back on the porch and stay... :) :)

Please remember to walk him before leaving him on the porch!!