Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

CoD Series: Labyrinth (MP)

CrazyCoder

• Member ID:  21114
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  634
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hey I want to give working on labyrinth another go. Version 2.0 for CoD2 has spawn bugs since the spawn points didn't go were I wanted them. People spawning in walls, darn it. Version 1.0 is fine since I just decided to overwrite the CoD Spawn points, and didn't add any new ones. Labyrinth doesn't have any custom models or prefabs so this should be an easier port.

I want to port Labyrinth for the following games:

Call of Duty 4 

Call of Duty WaW

Call of Duty 2 (redo from v1 or redo from scratch)

Going to start the port to CoD4 first. I need to know if headquarters uses TDM spawn points, how to get helicopter into game for testing, and do I need to add Sabotage and SD? I think I'll go with dynamic lighting, one huge light for ground level. Static lights for underground. I saw a tutorial on lighting on Modsonline so I should be fine with that.

The walls are one large texture on each side, I think a bunch of small textures repeating would look weird. I should go for the largest textures and stretch it for the walls?

I have no mods in CoD4, and latest mod tools installed. Latest patch installed.

Going to just overwrite the CoD spawn points and switch to CoD4 spawn points. Don't want anyone else spawning in the walls again, lol.

• Member ID:  42
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8258
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53556
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Windows

You might find it easier to create a spawn point map and drop that into the game. You would make a set for every game type. Name then accordingly and save them in your prefabs. As for map types add as many as you can some clans like the choice. Here's some help on that http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_4:_Adding_Entities#Setting_up_gameplay_modes. Your wall idea makes me see lag. Its always a good idea not to make any one thing to big. So I'd say post a screen shot and I might be able to say more. Good luck