Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Are they hacking?

007andahalf

• Member ID:  1142
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  747
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/21/1964
  • Device:  Windows

ok, so I have been playing on this server for server years now and honestly, getting tired of seeing the same people win all of the time. Ok, I know you are saying stfu007 and get on with but seriously, how do the same people win the max kills all of the time? It just cannot happen as per law of averages. Interesting part is that 99.95% of the players I put in this category are NOT XI members...which is good news. Bad news is these guys play all the time and people have good banter with them.....all very funny but really, who is checking to see if they are not cheating?????   It is simply impossible to get the max kills on every game.

I fly a plane for a living and there are things that happen that you cannot predict, same is true in this game but seems some can overcome these averages every single game and it really fucks me off. Sorry admins, I know you do a stellar job but hacking/cheating/ whatever needs constant vigilance and I don't care how cool/funny/popular these people are, spec. them and kick them...

Thanks for hosting the best servers ever.....

007andahalf

• Member ID:  1443
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2299
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Achievement Points:  17866
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  02/19/1987

if you think someone is cheating, get video of it (cod demo, xfire, fraps) and give it to an admin.  or notify an admin of someone you think is cheating so that they can look into it.  more than likely, the admins are aware of the people, but it doesn't hurt to contact them.  we can't just kick people for having the best scores, we need definitive proof of cheating, and videos are the best evidence.

we try our best to police the servers, but we can't watch everyone all the time, so we do need other players help to keep our servers clean.  it is a group effort to keep the best servers in the game at their best.

• Member ID:  1142
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  747
  • Birthday:  11/21/1964

appreciate your comments Drama and I mean no disrespect to you or others helping to make the game great, it's just soooooo frustrating.....sometimes average is ok.

• Member ID:  2759
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3496
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  26464
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/27/1990

sometimes people are just good at playing... some people also get very competitive while others are playing more casually.

• Member ID:  1095
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3639
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Achievement Points:  24702
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/23/1979
  • Device:  Android

+1 on Dramas post, but i will add that a lot is going on in the background, people are being scrutinised, caught, banned etc all the time but you will rarely see it. Until i became admin i didn't realise exactly how much was going on in the background of our Clan to help keep douches out of our servers, but there is alot going on. So trust me when i say we are all over it the best we can but it takes time. We always get them in the end brother i promise you that.

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6514
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63335
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

Seems it's that time again. This discussion pops it's head up about every six months. The admins are human and if we booted everyone who won all the time there would be no body in the servers. I am a staunch hater of cheating but scores is only a part of figuring it out. Once I posted a video and had the offender dead to rites and was told it wasn't good enough. Since then tho I do not video record anyone. Just saying if we do the work and it gets thrown back in our face don't expect our help with videos anymore. I will still contact an admin but have stopped video recording! There are other ways to do this where there isn't an arguement about right or wrong. I let the admins do the work and bring justice to the servers. Just my few cents worth!

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

if you think someone is cheating, get video of it (cod demo, xfire, fraps) and give it to an admin.  or notify an admin of someone you think is cheating so that they can look into it.  more than likely, the admins are aware of the people, but it doesn't hurt to contact them.  we can't just kick people for having the best scores, we need definitive proof of cheating, and videos are the best evidence.

we try our best to police the servers, but we can't watch everyone all the time, so we do need other players help to keep our servers clean.  it is a group effort to keep the best servers in the game at their best.

well said llama...cant believe i complemented u lmao...no seriously ...llama is rt....chances are admins already know the ones u speaking of...and trust me we are keepin an eye out as much as we can....admins are ppl too...we want to just play and have fun too....but we do what we can to try keep our servers clean...so we come in using alias' from time to time to watch ppl and see how they are getting their kills...so we are watching but like llama said we are not trying to just ban ppl for consistent good play...if u notice alot of those players leave when bad maps come on...they are stat padders....so when they are on its cause they play the maps they know really well and can out shoot ppl on....i understand its frustrating i get flustered about some of them as well...but we have to have clear proof they are cheating....if you have all cod4 admins and head admins on ur xfire like u should always contact an admin and we will pop in to spec ....or check the player out more details about them...

Seems it's that time again. This discussion pops it's head up about every six months. The admins are human and if we booted everyone who won all the time there would be no body in the servers. I am a staunch hater of cheating but scores is only a part of figuring it out. Once I posted a video and had the offender dead to rites and was told it wasn't good enough. Since then tho I do not video record anyone. Just saying if we do the work and it gets thrown back in our face don't expect our help with videos anymore. I will still contact an admin but have stopped video recording! There are other ways to do this where there isn't an arguement about right or wrong. I let the admins do the work and bring justice to the servers. Just my few cents worth!

well sorry u feel this way ...but if it not solid proof of hacking we cant ban for it...it has to be clearly obvious that person is using a hack....u can tell the difference...in most cases anyways...just cause one video got throwed back in ur face as u put it...shouldnt discourage u from takn video....i have myself as a reg admin and as a head admin had couple of mine said it wasnt good enough as well...as an admin am i suppose to say i stop too...nope ...i move on and keep recording ppl...admins arent always goin to be able to jump everytime u think someone hacking...we need our reg members to help out we cant be everywhere all the time...just saying...and dont take this as personal attack dean just saying u shouldnt give up cause u were told someone u video wasnt good enough proof to ban...u just have to keep trying..trust me if they are truly hacking they will mess up and get caught they all do

Edited by CobraBites

• Member ID:  5470
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  371
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2482
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Achievement Points:  22894
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/17/1968

+1 on Dramas post, but i will add that a lot is going on in the background, people are being scrutinised, caught, banned etc all the time but you will rarely see it. Until i became admin i didn't realise exactly how much was going on in the background of our Clan to help keep douches out of our servers, but there is alot going on. So trust me when i say we are all over it the best we can but it takes time. We always get them in the end brother i promise you that.

It takes a village to ban cheaters.

• Member ID:  349
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  821
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5195
  • Birthday:  01/27/1971

You're speaking about FreezeTag?

007andahalf, on 28 Jun 2014 - 4:55 PM, said:snapback.png

It is simply impossible to get the max kills on every game.

I fly a plane for a living and there are things that happen that you cannot predict, same is true in this game but seems some can overcome these averages every single game and it really fucks me off. Sorry admins, I know you do a stellar job but hacking/cheating/ whatever needs constant vigilance and I don't care how cool/funny/popular these people are, spec. them and kick them...

007andahalf

The best-of-the-best are performers in my mind, not cheaters. There are many verified members in this clan whom score high on our servers legitimately and consistently at the top. I would assume you're not one of them? This is the case in FreezeTag and the other games we host. No matter how much I want to beat a particular player like SidTri, MercWrx or Accucats in BF4, It's not going to happen. They don't cheat, I've seen their videos. They are better, respectively so!

We here at XI, like our consistency. The servers and their configurations don't change that much. The player community is familiar. The times that players join our servers is consistent among most visitors. I see consistency in scoring at the top, middle and low ends of the spectrum, not just the top. When I visit other clans, play on their servers. I see the same consistent hierarchy on their servers that we see here. The model isn't as complex comparatively speaking to piloting an aircraft in the real world. Lets give the world it's due!

I can think of two situations that a top player would fall short in his or hers performance. Unfamiliar maps, if the good player is unfamiliar with a map, he or she will more than likely drop from top, to the middle or further. Someone cheating wouldn't have this disadvantage. In rare cases, some top players will slightly drop back due to unfamiliar gaming styles, which doesn't happen that much.

It's not about winning, it's about having fun! Get out there and get'her done!

• Member ID:  20343
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30033
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983
  • Device:  Macintosh

We all know Drama is hacking, and then they made him admin. puffffffffffffff!@

• Member ID:  1818
  • Followers:  61
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1041
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  14304
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/12/1975

with PB not wanting to support cod4 hackers are starting to rise and fishy shit is starting to happen.... Seen a few myself.... A player shot me through walls while i was defrosting someone and other teammates were nearby too that could have been defrosting that player... low n behold he shoots me through a wall, no windows around cant be see from below or above. I informed Nitro about it, called it BS shots n etc. Not sure what he said but that player pissed me off and i started to spectate him. His ping is also way high too.

• Member ID:  1818
  • Followers:  61
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1041
  • Achievement Points:  14304
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/12/1975

You hack too boomboom and they also say I hack too cause im a pretty damn good sniper most of the time. LOL

• Member ID:  1443
  • Followers:  50
  • Content Count:  2299
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Achievement Points:  17866
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  02/19/1987

We all know Drama is hacking, and then they made him admin. puffffffffffffff!@

53aff824a815b_deal.gif

:lol:

53aff824a815b_deal.gif

:lol:

think a name change is in order here....i vote to change name to assllama lol

There are other reasons you can be hit through walls other than just hacking. A person could be spamming at someone running past your building, a few stray shots hit the wall and enter the building hitting you. Sometimes a bubble can be seen melting if the player was killed close to the wall and it is protruding through, same can be said for floors aswell. Seeing one melting is enough for a wall spammer to try their luck and pot shot through the wall looking gor a hit marker. Someone could see you run into the building and guesstimate your position for a spam attack. This is why we dont accuse publicly in our servers or ban strait away, because most of the time its explainable (the above resons) and not dodgy play. When it is deemed to be a hack and the person banned its usually the result of hours of watching and researching a player. If you tell an Admin of some suspicious play, you cant expect something to happen strait away unless the player is damn obvious in what they are doing.

We also have a 300 max ping (maybe 280) to enter the server, if a player enters under 300 then their ping turns to shit during gameplay, they arent auto kicked so you will need to alert admin for manual kick if their ping is excessive.

• Member ID:  349
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  821
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5195
  • Birthday:  01/27/1971

Train your brain! Go through the pain of getting good with a later game like BF4. Your brain will adapt to this richer gaming environment. Then afterwards return to COD4 FreezeTag. You'll find that the game play is much easier, less weary and stressful. You will have greatly improved, try it. 

• Member ID:  20988
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  2300
  • Birthday:  10/16/1980

Penis.......that is all. :sofa:

• Member ID:  2582
  • Followers:  28
  • Content Count:  778
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  6919
  • Birthday:  07/22/1991

NOOB TUBES ERASE HACKERS!

Also, I'd be curious to take a pb screenshot of some of the players in the server. I talked briefly with Cobra about this. It basically takes a snapshot of what a player sees on their screen. If they are wallhacking, then their red boxes, etc will be shown. I know that servers that run administrative bots have a command !pbss but I am not sure about a console command. Programs like RconMax and CoD Rcon Tool can remotely do this I think, if I remember correctly from back in my admin days of promod servers. I also talked with Cobra about GGC Stream for our cod4 servers. GGC Stream will automatically ban a player with a prior pb ban. It is quite useful in promod servers since there are a lot of hackers there. I am not too sure how to set it up though in the server config.

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

ok, so I have been playing on this server for server years now and honestly, getting tired of seeing the same people win all of the time. Ok, I know you are saying stfu007 and get on with but seriously, how do the same people win the max kills all of the time? It just cannot happen as per law of averages. Interesting part is that 99.95% of the players I put in this category are NOT XI members...which is good news. Bad news is these guys play all the time and people have good banter with them.....all very funny but really, who is checking to see if they are not cheating?????   It is simply impossible to get the max kills on every game.

007andahalf

Maybe they win all the time because they are better than the rest of us?....just what constitutes maximum kills anyway? the Admins know what they are doing, if there is a concern over certain players i am sure they will have already been checked out...oh yes some Admins will be in that category of winning and coming top all the time, did you raise concerns about their game too?

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6514
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63335
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

There are other reasons you can be hit through walls other than just hacking. A person could be spamming at someone running past your building, a few stray shots hit the wall and enter the building hitting you. Sometimes a bubble can be seen melting if the player was killed close to the wall and it is protruding through, same can be said for floors aswell. Seeing one melting is enough for a wall spammer to try their luck and pot shot through the wall looking gor a hit marker. Someone could see you run into the building and guesstimate your position for a spam attack. This is why we dont accuse publicly in our servers or ban strait away, because most of the time its explainable (the above resons) and not dodgy play. When it is deemed to be a hack and the person banned its usually the result of hours of watching and researching a player. If you tell an Admin of some suspicious play, you cant expect something to happen strait away unless the player is damn obvious in what they are doing.

We also have a 300 max ping (maybe 280) to enter the server, if a player enters under 300 then their ping turns to shit during gameplay, they arent auto kicked so you will need to alert admin for manual kick if their ping is excessive.

You telling me the admins can kick for excessive ping? I have never heard that here at XI. I know on the CoD WaW DM sever they don't even mention it.

• Member ID:  1786
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  1062
  • Achievement Points:  7865
  • Birthday:  07/21/1985

there would be videos of me all the time!! im awesome and are always doing good!! it would be a nightmare to be me!! 

• Member ID:  20884
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  1812
  • Birthday:  06/10/1989

There of varying levels of skill in every game. Some people are just really good and take every game as serious as possible in order to always get that #1 spot. Chance are the players you see have put alot more time into the game, have taken each game much more seriously, or are just that skilled. When I had no job and devoted most of my time to a single game I used to be one of them.

I think you can trust that there are people checking these top scorers out and there nothing wrong with checking them out yourself, but try not to accuse them publicly or call bs because it will just cause unneccecary drama and possible make you look bad. Trust me, these guys love it when they get accused in game.

@@BigPapaDean yes we have a max ping to enter the server so it makes sense to me that if a player joins the server then their ping for whatever reason turns to shit (visible lagging, or excessivly higher than server limit while in game) then that player could be removed by myself or other Admin if they are impacting the gameplay too much. Im pretty sure the max ping for MW2 FT is 280-300. It can be found by going to your favourites list, single click the server then select server info on bottom right. There will be a field named "max ping" with the value next to it if you want to know the limit for a particular server.

Edited by NITRO

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Yup I see the occasional warper moving through dangerous areas. Those are the most obvious to see. However wallspamming is not necessarily hacking. Could be an active UAV. Could be good intel. Could have seen you running in towards a known frozen enemy and waited a couple seconds to spam that area.

Just curious, when specing someone you see their view quickly jitter for a moment when focusing somewhere what is that?