Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Just Saying Hi

TheMuffinMan

• Member ID:  21334
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  95
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Ive been playing on the cod2 dm server for the past 4 weeks its been fun and I enjoy the custom maps and the cheesy mod thats used. Back ground about me I played competitive CoD CoDUO Cod2 and have won multiple lan tournments in my area with CoD4. I grew up playing nothing but first person shooters from doom 1 to quake to unreal tournoment to wolfenstein to sof sof2 to CoD. I also play for the undefeated competitive team of the house of lords on MWO right now. Its what i do. I enjoyed coming home and playing some friendly Dm with a low ping. im sorry that I ruined fun for others and clan members. Your mod complements my twitch based shooting and apperently by some here im unwelcome to play. I was permenently banned around 11:30 tonight accused of hacking. Why would anyone hack? on the same server ? for 4 weeks? how is that fun? I dont cheat in anyway. Your mod allows semi auto bolt rifles that almost always kills in 1-2 shots and a ppsh that is dead accurate why would any person need anything else if they are competent with twitch based shooters and have a full cod background? Im not asking to be unbanned its your choice but hounding good players about hacking constantly and banning them isnt the right thing to do. 

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

Muffin Man,

I am the admin who banned you this evening. Our admin team has been spectating you and discussing your case for several days and this wasn't an easy decision to make. You may very well be the best COD2 that any of us have ever seen, or you may be very good at concealing various hacks. Either way, your complete domination of every single game you participate in has created a lot of unhappy players on our DM server, some of whom are members of XI while others are regulars that have played here for years.  Many of our regulars were not playing when you were present and we have to look out for their best interest and that of the clan.

Judging by your extensive history playing on other servers that I have found online as well as bans placed on you by some of them, the action we are taking shouldn't be a complete surprise to you.  Being great at something and winning a lot can be fun, but never losing would seem to get pretty boring, just as getting beaten by the same person over and over again gets pretty boring for those you constantly beat.

Again, we're sorry it's come to this but we feel that this action is necessary for the good of our clan and players.

Ok thanks for the explanation. I noticed players leaving when I joined or going to spectate when I would use the ppsh in smaller maps. I understand your decision. I have this issue with a lot of older games that I've mastered in the years and it's getting increasingly hard to find local servers with good pings that will play with me for periods of time..... Thx for the games, if anyone needs pointers or is looking into getting into MWO msg me.

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

Thanks for understanding Muffin Man.

• Member ID:  4888
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2020
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  26312
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/29/1962
  • Device:  Windows

If he is truly as talented as he says and not a hack then it's to bad his skills couldn't be used to teach >XI< members how to be better players.

I understand what happened and agree with the decision to ban since his total domination of every map wasn't fun for the other players . .I get that .. .

What I don't understand is if TheMuffinman was aware that other players were leaving or choosing to spectate instead of getting an ass whooping by him then why didn't he offer to tutor other players?   I see from his post above that he is offering help now but he should have realized sooner that he was ruining the game for others and taken a different approach ?

I don't know but it just seems like by banning such a talented player we are as a clan are losing a potentially good teacher after all its playing against opponents with higher skill levels that make us better players

Then again a good teacher wouldn't have the need to dominate his students.

good call LOM.

(I just thought I would throw my 2 cents in)

If you guys start banning BAD players I'm in trouble . . ..  :lol:

Edited by Leadfinger

I was teaching macdaddy a few things when we would wait for others to join and your right about me not reacting as quickly as I should in the couple maps I saw people go spectate. It was the map called cheesy or cheezy with the middle church and grave yard on both sides. That particular map if not playing trench gun which is super fun I might add. The ppsh can spray shoulders and heads across the map no matter where your standing unless behind a tree or the tomb. Also the respawns on the map are really dumb so what I was doing is controlling the back corner of the map keeping the close spawns from spawning and after I would kill someone on the sides of the map 1.5ish sec the person I killed would spawn behind me. all cod games do this similar spawning technique in death match. I'm here to help if anyone is willing to learn rather than calling me a hacker. I wish people could spectate me and try my techniques on their own because on that map if all weapons are allowed there is literraly no place to hide outside of the church or the tombs you can spawn with a ppsh and hit anyone out side of church because most of the tombs don't extend high enough to cover the head.

Also if you were able to discuss with me about this befor banning I couldof myself stopped using the ppsh all together I noticed the games were closure if I chose to not use it at all. Trench gun games, knifes only games were closer matches. If you had the ability to lessen the crazy accuracy and no recoil of the ppsh and slow the rate of fire of bolts rifles it wouldof hampered me a lot.

• Member ID:  294
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  8667
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/29/1963
  • Device:  Windows