Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Map The tunnels on the DM1

• Member ID:  2048
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967
  • Device:  Windows

the problem is you want to just run around carelessly knifing people and dont want to slow down or be cautious-

depending on the server and who plays sometimes you have to change and adapt-

fkn put on bombsquad already -thats a perk too .then u can avoid and defuse instead of complain.last time u complained about my bettys i changed all my classes to bombsquad so ! didnt have to hear anymore whining crap about betties .so if it annoys you so much again change your classes already.

Edited by Damage_inc-

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6514
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63335
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

the problem is you want to just run around carelessly knifing people and dont want to slow down or be cautious-

depending on the server and who plays sometimes you have to change and adapt-

fkn put on bombsquad already -thats a perk too .then u can avoid and defuse instead of complain.last time u complained about my bettys i changed all my classes to bombsquad so ! didnt have to hear anymore whining crap about betties .so if it annoys you so much again change your classes already.

You totally missed the point!!! I already have bombsquad and the prob isn't me running a round its putting betties in or to close to spawn! Having said that tho this should have been discussed with the admins before implementation!

• Member ID:  1238
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Great idea Beers re. turning Marty off for a trial period. Who can get that done?

How very democratic...

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

Why don't you just take everything out of the game that might hurt people...that's the answer, just let them run around the maps blowing kisses at each other.

How very democratic...

no way i already adapted and changed for the greater whiners here .I vote no perhaps dean should now change and adapt as well

The changes desired by a minority have now obviously been implemented as betties and martyrdom no longer operate on the DM(1)

server, rendering two of my custom classes impotent at a stroke and reducing the potential for laughter which is my only reason for

playing.  I think I shall go and spend some time with Budman and the crowd in COD4...

If you wish to discuss with me my feelings about how this has been done, I suggest we move to PM or Clan Members Only as it

probably won't be greatly cordial. :rant:

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  8261
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53581
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

The changes desired by a minority have now obviously been implemented as betties and martyrdom no longer operate on the DM(1)

server, rendering two of my custom classes impotent at a stroke and reducing the potential for laughter which is my only reason for

playing.  I think I shall go and spend some time with Budman and the crowd in COD4...

This is not true!!  no classes have been changed. The game is exactly the same as it always except if you get only 1 bettie if you want 2 pick another up. None of this changes game play ! Plus unless the server has been restarted which I do not think it was that has not happened as well.. now if you don't mind I have to go upstairs and get me arse reamed out.

• Member ID:  54
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  492
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4489
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  31913
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/17/1965
  • Device:  iPhone

the point here is it's a game I don't give a fuck  who has this who has that it's  all about the people who play the game ???

Awards

@@DEEJAYKEG you are right it wae the minority that caused all this but not the minority you think. There is an old saying that a few can ruin it for the whole group! There are certain players that for whatever reason like to break rules and seem to thinmk there will be no retribution so if there is no retribution then change a few things to stop them from breaking the rules. My purpose was and has always been about the server and not for my benefit but those that are unhappy now do not read what I actually posted so they make accusations about me wanting an advantage for my style of play! You see if this had been this way from the get go then there would be no discussion as of now right? I just want it to be fair and fun for everyone not just a few rule breakers! If we get thru the trial period and everyone wants to revert back well at least I had my say! Or if you want me to disappear that can be arranged too! Tell me what you want from me now! I do not want to get into a screaming match with you or anyone just make things better for us all.  You won't believe the ridicule I have gotten from having the server's best at heart! I will await your response!

This is not true!!  no classes have been changed. The game is exactly the same as it always except if you get only 1 bettie if you want 2 pick another up. None of this changes game play ! Plus unless the server has been restarted which I do not think it was that has not happened as well.. now if you don't mind I have to go upstairs and get me arse reamed out.

The classes have not changed but due to changes on the server side one is no longer able to use ones chosen weapons.

One is unable to pick up discarded betties and martyrdom is off!

@@DEEJAYKEG you are right it wae the minority that caused all this but not the minority you think. There is an old saying that a few can ruin it for the whole group! There are certain players that for whatever reason like to break rules and seem to thinmk there will be no retribution so if there is no retribution then change a few things to stop them from breaking the rules. My purpose was and has always been about the server and not for my benefit but those that are unhappy now do not read what I actually posted so they make accusations about me wanting an advantage for my style of play! You see if this had been this way from the get go then there would be no discussion as of now right? I just want it to be fair and fun for everyone not just a few rule breakers! If we get thru the trial period and everyone wants to revert back well at least I had my say! Or if you want me to disappear that can be arranged too! Tell me what you want from me now! I do not want to get into a screaming match with you or anyone just make things better for us all.  You won't believe the ridicule I have gotten from having the server's best at heart! I will await your response!

No, Dean, I do not believe that is the case at all and, as I have indicated above, I do not intend to get into a public shouting match with anyone.

IMHO, there has been no effort to reach a consensus and the desire of a few players has now been imposed on all who continue to play on

that server.  I come here to laugh not argue so I'm going to play on servers where that remains the case and forget all about this.  OK?

No, Dean, I do not believe that is the case at all and, as I have indicated above, I do not intend to get into a public shouting match with anyone.

IMHO, there has been no effort to reach a consensus and the desire of a few players has now been imposed on all who continue to play on

that server.  I come here to laugh not argue so I'm going to play on servers where that remains the case and forget all about this

Sir you do what you must but I do not want to see you go. and an FYI Beers just restarted the server and nothing has changed and is still as status quote! Labob said that all that needed to be done was a restart but apparently he either didn't change it or changed it back before the restart! I do not know what they will end up doing but I sure hope they get rid of the marties for sure and we need to police the server much better!

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

i don't mind bettys its them being put right outside a spawn and the people doing it know its a spawn.the bettys could be just a bit more realistic not get in 4 ft and look at one it blows up lmfao it suppose to be you have to literally step on one before it goes off...oh and harry i keel you

• Member ID:  96
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  107
  • Topic Count:  1047
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  8798
  • Content Per Day:  1.65
  • Achievement Points:  62093
  • Birthday:  06/30/1954

Bettie radius could be changed, cause yes you are suppose to step on them. Nothing has changed DJ. We played this morning reset the server and it is still the same.

Bettie radius could be changed, cause yes you are suppose to step on them. Nothing has changed DJ. We played this morning reset the server and it is still the same.

What is the radius at present?

i don't mind bettys its them being put right outside a spawn and the people doing it know its a spawn.the bettys could be just a bit more realistic not get in 4 ft and look at one it blows up lmfao it suppose to be you have to literally step on one before it goes off...oh and harry i keel you

My whole point Toes!!!

Far be it for me to dispute what you say but, at lunchtime, in MP_OPERA and the subsequent map, things were as I described.

Other players commented on how things appeared to have changed so I was not having a senior moment!  Labob's message

above indicated that changes have indeed been made.  How far and thoroughly those changes were tested afterwards is unknown,

of course.

Your response confirms that there are several other possible options to counter a perceived problem.  A knee-jerk reaction is never the best

response.

Ok so here's a map with all the DM spawns marked as red dots.

spawnarea1_zps8cbabd29.jpg

From what ya all say nobody is suppose to plant betties at any of them. But we have a 5 second spawn. In which you are suppose to get out of the spawn area . And nobody is suppose to plant betties in that are as well.

Here's a pic of the spawns with the 5 second area marked off.

spawn-area-2_zpsba80d1ff.png

I don't know how to make the game any easyer for you guys. You simply can not set an area that is bettie free.

• Member ID:  158
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  122
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  755
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  5755
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/11/1958

Ok so here's a map with all the DM spawns marked as red dots.

spawnarea1_zps8cbabd29.jpg

From what ya all say nobody is suppose to plant betties at any of them. But we have a 5 second spawn. In which you are suppose to get out of the spawn area . And nobody is suppose to plant betties in that are as well.

Here's a pic of the spawns with the 5 second area marked off.

spawn-area-2_zpsba80d1ff.png

I don't know how to make the game any easyer for you guys. You simply can not set an area that is bettie free.

Why do you think that we want a betty free map? I have never said that nor insinuated that? I don't get why you always assume without reading the whole post!

7toes_ky, on 30 Sept 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

snapback.png

My whole point Toes!!!

The above image is to show you that you cannot have a place to plant a bettie that is not in a spawn area.

We have played with the bettie radius before and its flaky. People were able to run right by them and be gone before they should of died. People were able to jump over them ect ect ect. Any way I'm done with this topic its just goes round and round. Take it up with Cat and Dj and the rest of the Admin team. I will follow there rules . And be happy that they have rules.

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

542ad591c0708_670pxCalculatetheRadiusofa542ad5ab756fc_670pxCalculatetheRadiusofa

Edited by JohnnyDos

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

Thanks for trying Labob. Couple points for whatever they're worth...

- Several changes were proposed as a "trial." Don't know any better way to gauge reaction than to try something different and then see what people think.

- Players should debate proposed changes in open conversation - which is what this was. Shouldn't be a private admin conservation.  

Cheers...

• Member ID:  842
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965

I don't think regulating the situation will or should work....

Its part of the game....let it go....I think labob's map of spawns and 5 sec radius says it all....

exactly how many people wanted a change here besides dean?