spinpuppy

My Dad

91 years old this past August 15.  World War II vet, 1st army. Part of the Invasion.   Battles and Campaigns: Normandy, Northern France, Rhineland, Ardennes, Central Europe .Staff Sargent at 18.  Army corps of engineers, Foreman Construction 059.   Good Conduct Medal, European Campaign Medal with 5 Bronze stars.  Was a Rigger at a steel mill his whole adult life. Crazy job, did lots of high in the air repairs, very dangerous.  Raised myself and my brother as well as supported his wife of 53 years there at that mill.  He now is in a nursing home in the final battle with Alzheimer's disease.  Terrible, terrible disease, he is back to an infant.. and just this past Thursday his brain has now forgotten how to tell his throat to swallow .Just want a few prayers from my buds here for him to not suffer anymore.  His time here is down to hours at this point.  Thanks for listening.

My mother had the same disease,spinpuppy,she was going way back to her childhood and didn't even know I was her son.Very sad she was 87 when she passed.I feel for you and I hope your dad goes painlessly although it's not a nice thing to say.Just stay by his side for as long as you can and when they die cry your face off and then you will feel a bit better knowing that he is done suffering.I'll say a little prayer for you and him.

My mother is suffering from this dreaded disease at this time. I can feel your heart and know while you never want to loose them they will be so much better off and without all the confusion they go thru! Thoughts and prayers for you and the family!

Thanks again for all your support my friends.  The Home Depot gave me this week off to spend time with my father before he passes.  I've been there every day all day long thanks to the company.  I got to tell him everything that I every wanted to say.  At this writing he is still with us but getting very weak.  Time is not on his side.  Alzheimer is winning

so sorry for your heavy heart brother.Please tell your dad how proud we are of him to have served and been a real hero to us all.What an incredible life he has had -If you could maybe share a great story about him or one he told you with us that would be great.Hang  in there  and just be with him best you can-

Sounds like a very honorable man. Thanks you for sharping part of his story. He deserves all the live you are trying to give him.

You said he is like an infant now. Reminds me of a song.

Children are innocent
A teenager's fucked up in the head
Adults are even more fucked up
And elderlies are like children