Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

[ APPEAL FORM ] Banned from DM servers

• Member ID:  21461
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  215
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1864
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1988

This user has created an appeal with the following information.

Sent by: RealEstufa
Sent on: 30 October 2014 - 02:08 PM

Game server: All >XI< servers
In-game name: RealEstufa

Appeal details: I tried logging in today and someone kicked me and perma banned me from your servers. I've been playing here for months now and some people accuse me aim botting because of my high kill count in matches. However, other high k/d ratio players have all spectated me numerous times to prove that I do not hack. Blackcat has stated multiple times that I don't. This is incredibly unfair and I hope to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

All I ask for, is a fair "trail" as I am not, and never will be (nor have I ever needed to be) a hacker of any kind. This server actually means a great deal to me as I have become familiar with the regulars and enjoy my time spent here. I implore the powers that be for a chance to prove my innocence by allowing the admins to spectate me as I play a few rounds. I will prove my innocence by producing the same high level of consistency that has  aroused suspicion in the first place. 

Thank you for your time,

Estufa

Edited by RealEstufa

• Member ID:  2082
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  59
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1180
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  10096
  • Birthday:  10/31/1980
  • Device:  Windows

Hey... Ty for your appeal.  hold on and the banning ADM will answer you. 

Awards

• Member ID:  122
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2843
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Achievement Points:  21919
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/10/1964

I have never stated that I believed you were not hacking, I banned you last night after watching you again. You appear as you know where other players are, I've watched you time after time move your gun around pointing at the walls, solid objects, etc then take off and begin killing other players going right where they are. You came in the DM1 server bragging about being banned from another  server for playing to well. You have bragged about your skills, etc. Last night you came in the server complaining about a server you had just left, you compared it as to playing with the other players having downs syndrome, I did not find that amusing at all.  I have gigs of you playing and they all show the same style, you stop look around then go on a killing spree. I've had numerous complaints from other players who believe the same.

• Birthday:  06/01/1988

I have never stated that I believed you were not hacking, I banned you last night after watching you again. You appear as you know where other players are, I've watched you time after time move your gun around pointing at the walls, solid objects, etc then take off and begin killing other players going right where they are. You came in the DM1 server bragging about being banned from another  server for playing to well. You have bragged about your skills, etc. Last night you came in the server complaining about a server you had just left, you compared it as to playing with the other players having downs syndrome, I did not find that amusing at all.  I have gigs of you playing and they all show the same style, you stop look around then go on a killing spree. I've had numerous complaints from other players who believe the same.

I guess I misunderstood you then. As far as appearing to know where other players are, it's normal for a player with a good FPS headset to hear footsteps of people coming from around objects and walls. In fact, if you go watch any pro fps match these days, it's pretty much a standard. I have a turtle beach $200 headset with a custom audio device that has specific built in profiles for exactly that. So know only can I hear and react to people in this way, but I also can 180 shoot people which I do often. Other advanced fps procedures include "reducing frames before engagement" as in, if you are running up to a wall, if you move your camera into a position that would be facing behind the wall before crossing it, you reduce the amount of time it takes before you can see a target and start firing.

As for the lapse in judgement and using "down syndrome" in a negative light, I apologize. It's not the first time someone has made a derogatory reference of "retarded" people or being "homosexual" on the server and I didn't think it through. In regards to "bragging", I'd say it's a bit subjective considering I never thought I was being overly baggy about my skills and it was usually only in defense of people calling me a hacker.  I've stated that I was banned on another server so I know how it feels to be called a hacker on more than one occasion. Again, these things are easily rectified and I can certainly maintain a more humble attitude.

I ask you, what would you do in my shoes if you were banned for something that you were falsely accused of?  Please, allow me to prove my innocence, I will do what ever is required including filming myself play on my end of the computer while members from your clan spectate me on your end. We can enter a server and I can show you when and how I hear someone running behind an object or wall, and I will upload and send the video to you. From there you can match it to your videos of me playing and prove that in fact I do not use ANY hacks of any kind. 

• Member ID:  561
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  84
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5333
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Achievement Points:  41334
  • Days Won:  29
  • Birthday:  04/06/1992
  • Device:  Android

I have cleaned up this thread.

A reminder to COD5 admins that there is an auto generated discussion thread created when an appeal is made here: http://www.xtremeidiots.com/topic/49006-appeal-admin-banned-from-dm-servers/

A reminder to non COD5 admins, if you have information concerning the ban then PM a COD5 admin and they can add it to their discussion thread,

A reminder to members/registered users, please only reply to appeals if you have actual information concerning the appeal. Ideally PM an admin with the information.

Thanks,

duc

• Member ID:  4
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  169
  • Topic Count:  1090
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5149
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Achievement Points:  43495
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/16/1967

This ban appeal has been discussed with Cod5 Admin and The Clan Senior Admins and the ban has now been lifted.

The video evidence has been looked at and your style of gameplay has been studied.

The fact that you received a ban due to suspicious play was a reason for us to analyze all of our collated information on you.

If your presence in our servers causes our members to not want to join that server then I will be looking into this again.

We can ban a player for any reason and the fact that it is our members who donate to keep this clan going then we must always take into consideration this as priority.

I thank you for your appeal and as you might expect our members and Admins will contact me without hesitation if they think that this needs more attention as they will be watching you.

I have received favorable comments about you and so this is a good thing.

I do not want further discussion with you in regards to this as myself and the admin teams have spent enough time on this.

PLEASE CONFIRM ONLY THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS

ROCKAPE>XI<ADM     

(SENIOR ADMIN)