Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

This is why I don't understand BF4

djMot

• Member ID:  3189
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5230
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  48729
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957
  • Device:  Windows

After a particularly dismal performance on 2 maps in BF4, I decided to just flip over to COD5.  On the first full map I played, this was the result.  I'm not always stellar at COD5 either, but I'm not total shit like I am in BF4.  So where's the wildcard here?  What the fuck am I doing wrong, and why does this game choose to give me nothing?

5457868d465ad_shot0001.jpg

5457869f2104c_shot0002.jpg

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8258
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53557
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

Well done Skinny puppy and shadow and ahhhh the other guy there :) what kinda name is djmotadm anyway ? :)

• Member ID:  3113
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1228
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Achievement Points:  9622
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/15/1980

Since there is no information to compare to, in regards to BF4, its a bit hard to say.  Its also like comparing Apples to Oranges.  Theres alot that can actually be done to tweak BF4, to make it a better experience.

• Member ID:  2082
  • Followers:  59
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1180
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  10096
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/31/1980

Aim and shoot... How hard can it be?? lol  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And btw.. where is my BF4 Medal????

Edited by Mekketom

Awards

• Member ID:  20726
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  465

CoD is more Quake like, there's not as much going on in the environment. It's a more streamlined shooter, where BF4 has a lot going on at once. 

They also play completely differently. So if you're used to CoD and try to play BF4 like CoD, you're gonna have a bad time. You can't just expect to be good at a game when you're not used to how it handles.

• Member ID:  20884
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  1812
  • Birthday:  06/10/1989

Are you playing Normal mode or Hardcore in bf4 DJ? it might be something simple like playing the wrong mode. How many bullets does it take to kill in COD5?

• Member ID:  20789
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  936
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7004
  • Birthday:  04/18/1981

In COD is there even bullet drop, bullet deviation, recoil or spread? There are so many more factors in BF than a lot of the older shooters. Keep that in mind when playing BF4, you can't just pull the trigger and expect everyone to die. There are a significant number videos out there that show you how to be a better player and tactics advice. 

Check out some of Xfactor's videos, might help you out quite a bit. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/rivaLxfactor

Also as a fairly new player to BF4 don't expect to be fantastic right away, it took me hundreds of hours before I was not complete shit. That is simply because I have not played much for FPS's in the last several years.... But I love it now :D

Hope that helps, see you on the battlefield!

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

It's a totally different game and way of playing to Cod5, that's what i see anyway, most of the people you come up against everyday in BF4 have 100's of hours playing the game m8, it makes a big difference when you are comfortable with something, on average i have played this game around 4 hours every day for a year now, some play nothing else but this game day in day out, it makes a difference, just checked the stats you sit at number 33 on the server, for the amount of time you play that ain't a disaster m8.

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

• Member ID:  20780
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  536

Dj I’m not good in BF4 so I focus on helping out the squad/team by , dropping ammo, laying suppressing fire, reviving, dropping health, repairing  vehicles or just eating all the enemies’ bullets lol. It’s not all about the kills in Battlefield its about teamwork; well for some it is. But i focus on these aspects to make the game fun.  To each their own but have you tried playing in the backfield some as support?

• Member ID:  20902
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Content Count:  1279
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Achievement Points:  9614
  • Birthday:  12/02/1982

@djMot 

Two different games. I am decent at BF4, but if I go play CoD I get my ass handed to me. you just gotta practice more probably.

• Member ID:  3189
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  5230
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  48729
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957

Aim and shoot... How hard can it be?? lol  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And btw.. where is my BF4 Medal????

Yeah, I don't have a medal either, but then why would anyone give ME one with the way I perform in BF4.  LOL  :cry:

Anyway, kidding aside, that IS what I do, Tom.  I aim and I shoot, and I often hit the opponent, who then, realizing that I'm there and shooting at him, immediately turns and takes me straight out.

Clearly, if I can perform as well as I do in COD5 - especially feeling pretty shitty after an AWEFUL morning in BF4 - there is evidence that I have the reflexes and aim to perform reasonably in a FPS.  So why not in BF4.  And why does this POS game never give me any XP boosts?  There are players with 5 times the rank that have so many XP boosts, and continually receive more all the time, that wish they could give the damn things away.  Yet I get none while my end-of-map rank progress graph moves about 1/40th the way along after each match and I sit at the bottom of the score list 95% of the time.  It doesn't matter which gun I use, they all perform equally poorly.  I try to optimize each one (whenever I manage to score upgrades for them) for stability, accuracy, and damage, but nothing gets me any better performance.

@@OddJob001 - tweaks like what?   And although it's a different game than COD, it's still a FPS.  As MekkeTom says - aim and shoot; nothing all that complicated about it.

@@Sicarius23 - I am used to how it handles.  I didn't just start playing last week.  Look at ldoz as an example.  His rank, having played about the same time as me I think, is twice mine.  In COD5, he and I are very similar in terms of proficiency.  This is partly why I'm baffled.  I get that it's just a computer game, but it sure feels like being singled out by the damn thing for some reason.

@@Oneill - I mostly play in the morning on either the UK or US Hardcore servers.  Wherever the Breakfast Club is hanging out when I get there.  In COD5, it's typically a couple of bullets to score a kill; but it could easily be a whole clip.  In BF4, I can dump a clip into someone, and they just turn and take me out.  SOB saw that first hand this morning.  In one particular scrimmage with him, I had the advantage, started shooting first, dumped a clip into him, and he just mowed me right down.  He even said he didn't know why I didn't get the kill.  Usually, on the first bullet I take in BF4, my man becomes disoriented and weak and accuracy and aiming go right out the window.  But it appear that when others get hit, they are not phased in the least.  They just turn and take me straight out.

@@Fir3Marshal - Yes, there's all of that, although I'm not sure how much bullet drop there is.  That said, I learned a LONG time ago never to run around watching the ground as I see so many other players doing.  I keep my gaze (and therefore my gun) up, and as a result, I probably get more "clinks" (headshots) in COD5 than most anybody else.  Assuming I'm carrying that concept over to BF4, I should be going a long way toward compensating for bullet fade without even really thinking about it.  No stranger to recoil and spread either.  In COD5, I'm using an MP40 as my weapon of choice these days, one often regarded as "the worst gun in the game" because it bucks like a sonofabitch.  But it does a hell of a job when the bullets connect!  The screenshots I posted tell that story!  Cool website - thank you!  I'm going to check all those videos out for sure.  And, no, I really don't expect to be a game-god with only about 6 months of gaming time, but as I'm no stranger to FPS', neither do I think  I should be complete shit player day in, day out - especially considering some of the other oddities I've already mentioned.

@@Sonovabich - 33 out of how many?  34?  LOL.  But thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it. :)

@@MILESHIGH - I could stand to do more in the way of support, but a lot of people told me initially that the way to rank up is to go for the objectives, so I tend to try to capture flags and such.  May be I should rethink that strategy, idk.

@@mouselad - yeah, practice is key.  Unfortunately, as a COD5 Head Admin, I need to split my concentration.  I know some think that's the problem right there - going back and forth being a limiting factor.  I'm not so sure.  Maybe.  I guess I just want to give myself a little more credit for being able to shift gears a little more smoothly.  But for now, that's just not happening.

• Member ID:  2048
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

when ever you play a game or server that is more tactical then you go in a free for all jump and shoot you will play better and a bit more tactical in the carefree server since we are all running around like idiots and you slowed your game down to shoot and aim and protect yourself/or the opposite play cod5 ffa then jump in freeztage cod4 and get your ass handed to ya

Edited by Damage_inc-

• Member ID:  20884
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  1812
  • Birthday:  06/10/1989

@@Oneill - I mostly play in the morning on either the UK or US Hardcore servers.  Wherever the Breakfast Club is hanging out when I get there.  In COD5, it's typically a couple of bullets to score a kill; but it could easily be a whole clip.  In BF4, I can dump a clip into someone, and they just turn and take me out.  SOB saw that first hand this morning.  In one particular scrimmage with him, I had the advantage, started shooting first, dumped a clip into him, and he just mowed me right down.  He even said he didn't know why I didn't get the kill.  Usually, on the first bullet I take in BF4, my man becomes disoriented and weak and accuracy and aiming go right out the window.  But it appear that when others get hit, they are not phased in the least.  They just turn and take me straight out.

I suggest playing on normal at least until you feel good with how the guns handle and for the extra life, hit markers, and 3d spotting. Jumping strait to Hardcore is only going to slow your development.

@djMot    you could try the test firing range so you can get a hang of the recoil also. a good thing i like to try is just unload a full clip into a wall to check out the bullet spread, but just let it go naturally dont try to compensate at all with the mouse

then my next time i will fire again this time trying to compensate for recoil and deviation.

Also I sucked bigtime when I first started playing BF4, i'm not much better now, but i am much better than i was.

you have 92 hours and a .5 K/D. You will improve with time.

That is much better than what I started at, and I had about 600 hours in TF2, and played a bit of BF3, and BF2 before i started playing BF4. It's hard for me to maintain even a 1 k/d but i try to play the objective, heal my team mates, or throw out ammo, and most importantly PTFO.

I'm technically a pretty terrible FPS player, but am am pretty consistently at the top of the scoreboards, because I play the objective, help team mates and follow orders.

@@djMot I just compared our stats and until I hit about 160 hours you and I had a similar KDR. I think it just takes time and watching the videos I sent will help you as well. Be sure to "tap fire" too, that is something that helps quite a bit with some guns. Depending on what guns you are using as well makes a HUGE difference on how well you do. 

It may sound silly but playing with others that are more tactical and experienced helps quite a bit. If you are just off on your own, you are going to get your ass kicked unless you are used to the game. Playing as a proper squad makes a huge difference in the points and ribbons you end up with. 

Edited by Fir3Marshal

• Member ID:  3113
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Content Count:  1228
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Achievement Points:  9622
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/15/1980

Guys guys..  Are we all forgetting?
We really should be discussing the most important thing in this thread.

The chick in @@djMot signature.  Me likey 

@OddJob001   I like bor's sniper chick better.

• Member ID:  5841
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  4384

Apples and Oranges.

COD is a arcade shooter (And not the arcade you are probably thinking, I can feel the flamers warming up already hah), BF4 isn't.

While neither is "realistic" in any way BF is more realistic vs. COD will be.

COD also uses tighter network configuration, meaning those with good ping will play better.

BF relaxes this some and tries to compensate so that some people with higher pings can play with people with lower pings and try to limit the impact.

You really just can't compare them. Mechanics are totally different as is the game engine, player style etc. etc.

COD better ping will do you better. BF sometimes higher ping can do better depending on where that sweet spot is.

Kind of like client and server based hit detection. Both have very different outcomes and pro's and cons.

• Member ID:  390
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  4251
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Achievement Points:  35625
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

I'm building a new rig so I can play better games want to do this one but  now I dont know lol. Maybe checkers next game on rig ?

I'm building a new rig so I can play better games want to do this one but now I dont know lol. Maybe checkers next game on rig ?

As someone who has 700 hours into BF4. I can say give it a chance. It is worth it!

@djMot 

check out this graph.

at about 148 hours in i was at a .68 kdr

now im at a

.9 something

http://bf4stats.com/pc/Mouselad_XI_Adm/history

• Member ID:  375
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  92
  • Topic Count:  384
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4062
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  37131
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  06/01/1970

From bf3 I have been telling new players to give it 2 to 3 months off playing before you are going to get any good ,iI was the same ,making that transition from cod to bf is not easy .

• Member ID:  1188
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  1692
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  15036
  • Days Won:  3

Like what Ed says....new guns new vehicles, new aircraft, and most importantly new BIG maps to learn. I bet you spend alot of time running into firing squads just because you dont have an understanding of the dynamics of each map and choke points etc yet.... Just takes some time m8!

until then.....Thanks for padding our scores! @@djMot

BF4 Suckafish :: Expert Getting Fubar-ed In-Game By Members 53838bd37ea02_suckafish.gif
Pending Approval
fish on! : ) Given on Today, 04:01 PM by Damit1
BF4 Player :: BF4 Medal Awarded To Battlefield 4 Players BF42.png
Pending Approval
yes! Given on Today, 04:00 PM by Damit1
BF4 Point Pader :: for members who pad everyone else's stats 5382354074d60_pointstacker.gif
Pending Approval
Thanks you from all of us lol! Given on Today, 03:59 PM by Damit1

• Member ID:  1188
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  1692
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  15036
  • Days Won:  3

@@Mekketom

BF4 Suckafish :: Expert Getting Fubar-ed In-Game By Members 53838bd37ea02_suckafish.gif
Pending Approval
Because you are a suckafish! Given on Today, 04:10 PM by Damit1
Origin User :: Origin User Medal 5150f368a3eec_Image13.gif
Pending Approval
Given on Today, 04:08 PM by Damit1
BF4 Dog Tag Taker :: BF4 Dog Tag Taker Expert 50b7889413ef3_DogTagTakerMedal.gif
Pending Approval
Given on Today, 04:07 PM by Damit1
BF4 Player :: BF4 Medal Awarded To Battlefield 4 Players BF42.png
Pending Approval
ya i guess we can say you play sorta Given on Today, 04:06 PM by Damit1