Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

World BATL - Why no other XI members - Last try or we shut it down..

OddJob001

• Member ID:  3113
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1228
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Achievement Points:  9622
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/15/1980

It is very sad state of affairs that after 3 rounds of World BATL, 8 months of planning, 3 months of website design and hours of game day preparation, that many of our regular members still don't play.  Its also sad that 3-5 of our BF Admins have not once played, you know who you are.  Its extremely discouraging to see 15-20 members and 3-5 Admin online playing BF4 , while we are running WB, not come join their clan sponsored event.

To those of you that come play, I thank you. Seriously, it was not easy to find outside free time to create the website, the game rules (thank you @@Freefry Freeburg and @@Fir3Marshal ), or to setup the game and run it (can't thank you enough @@mouselad ).

I am quite disappointed in my clan right now, tbh.  I joined the clan to be part of a community of gamers that enjoy playing like games with each other.  When I first mentioned World BATL, it received huge interest with over 300 posts.  I wouldn't have got it up and going without that. Feedback was good and people vowed to play.  Now those same people sit playing in a different server, while the game is running.  Or they sign up, and don't show up, only to find them playing BF4 saying "Oh sorry, I forgot.  I guess I'll skip it today."

With the population of BF4 dwindling and the lack of member and Admin interest or support of World BATL, we will attempt to run one more round of World BATL.  

If the situation repeats itself, World BATL will be shutdown on XI servers.  I will attempt to continue to run it through some other means of gaming community support.  There is interest out there for this type of game, but without the support from our community it will never prevail.

We, you, have a chance to make a great game that could potentially introduce us to many other Idiots® that share our similar vision, excitement and brotherhood. A chance to keep building this wonderful family, to ensure we have friends to play with in the future, whatever it may hold.  But that chance starts with how much you are willing to contribute.  Right now, it doesn't seem like much.  You have the chance to change that.  The question is, will you?

Signup for the next WORLD BATL will be announced this week.  We that play, hope to see you there...

TL;DR - It's disappointing to see no support from clan members and admins alike.  World BATL will run one last time, if history repeats itself, the game will seek support from other sources.

To those of you that have shown up to previous BATL's, I thank you.  It's amazing how much fun we have playing it, even when it's as simple as 5 on 5.  What a great time it is!!  Thanks again!

If you have a story or positive experience during a time you played World BATL, share it here, so others might get a better idea of how much fun it really is.

/rant,

OddJob

Edited by OddJob001

• Member ID:  20692
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1943
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Achievement Points:  16789
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  01/13/1980
  • Device:  Windows

I hear you Odd..... But.... I am there every day, litterally every day. The Batl takes place on the only day i can do some work around the house and worse; The chores my better half comes up with. It`s not like i don`t want to...... When i`m playing around the time of the Batl, that means i can quit whenever i like or have to.

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14304
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996

I'll try my best to play it this week, I wasnt able to play on any US server last week due to lag spikes on my end

Is there a better time this game would run?  I try to run it in the AM, so that we can get both US and EU guys.  Right now its at 10 or 11am CST.

• Member ID:  20902
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1279
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  9614
  • Birthday:  12/02/1982

I still have fun. i admit sometimes it is nerve wracking, playing when every other person is playing the game to their best, but nerve wracking in a good way? lol

I had a ton of fun, even though only 10 of us were there. I think had a great battle against flush in lancang dam over the island point.

I still have fun. i admit sometimes it is nerve wracking, playing when every other person is playing the game to their best, but nerve wracking in a good way? lol

I had a ton of fun, even though only 10 of us were there. I think had a great battle against flush in lancang dam over the island point.

The play style that comes from this type of game is so fun.  You can get aggravated so easily when the other team is dominating.  But whats super fun is changing tactics mid map, to try and recover.  Like when we were playing Propaganda.  You guys took us down 600 tickets to your 200.  Then we made a push for a comeback by taking 450 tickets with our last 50.  What a change of battle that was!

Have had some serious fun playing this.  I can't imagine how much fun it would be with a full server.

The play style that comes from this type of game is so fun.  You can get aggravated so easily when the other team is dominating.  But whats super fun is changing tactics mid map, to try and recover.  Like when we were playing Propaganda.  You guys took us down 600 tickets to your 200.  Then we made a push for a comeback by taking 450 tickets with our last 50.  What a change of battle that was!

Have had some serious fun playing this.  I can't imagine how much fun it would be with a full server.

or even half full. 15 on 15.... 3 full squads would be awesome.

• Member ID:  1106
  • Followers:  33
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6778
  • Birthday:  06/24/1975

IT's a blast and a lot more strategy comes into how you play...we got destroyed on PROP the last map as we just couldn't get our shit together!  I love this mode and it would be great if the game worked more like this overall.  I'll keep playing as I can for sure!!!  Mouse, that was one of the most fun times I've ever had on that map (which I historically hate!)!!!

• Member ID:  20789
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  936
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7004
  • Birthday:  04/18/1981

It is a blast to play in a different light and trying something new. I appreciate the work that has gone into this project and no matter what server it ends up on I will be there if there is any way for me to be. 

• Member ID:  21432
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  283

I was so bummed to miss the one last weekend, the one previous was definitely a lot of fun.  

Awards

• Member ID:  479
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1042
  • Birthday:  07/17/1978

Yeah, I would be way more involved if it were later in the evening.  Weekend mornings are NOT a good time for me with having family stuff going on all the time and taking priority. Bottom line is you are asking everyone to commit to a time, which is almost impossible to do.  It's not that we are blowing it off; we just have RL shit that is more important than a game.  

Yeah, I would be way more involved if it were later in the evening.  Weekend mornings are NOT a good time for me with having family stuff going on all the time and taking priority. Bottom line is you are asking everyone to commit to a time, which is almost impossible to do.  It's not that we are blowing it off; we just have RL shit that is more important than a game.  

Every round is usually planned out weeks in advance, times have been switched to try and accommodate people, there has been 3 rounds, its been almost a year in the making.  I completely understand and respect that people have "RL shit"; I do myself.  Hence the reason for this thread.  If people are not interested, as they initially said they were, or if clan members don't even care about the game, as seen by 15+ members playing BF every round we have played, then it will come to an end.  There is no disrespect of peoples "RL shit" they have to do.  I just want to get back to my RL shit, if our greater family isn't interested in supporting something a few of us want to see transcend.  I can think of many other ways to spend a Saturday morning.  Believe me, I didn't take the time to develop or run this game for just me.

I think it can all be summed up with a quote from someone we can all relate to.

The Hoff has taken over David Hasselhoff. David Hasselhoff really doesn't know who he is anymore. 

~David Hasselhoff

• Member ID:  20925
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  121
  • Achievement Points:  766
  • Birthday:  08/30/1980

If you put it back to a Sunday then it would probly be better, not to mention not so dam early in the morning. You have it for 8am pacific time, well most of us enjoy sleeping in on weekends. IF you had for 11 or noon pacific time you probly have a better turn out as well on Sunday. But you have it bright an early on Saturday and most families do things on the Saturday morning due to working all week. You have to take into consideration those two things. I enjoyed playing what I could of BATL but its not organized that well. You have your teams there kind of stacked at times. There is absolutely no communication cept for squad leaders and commanders which makes no sense what so ever. The maps that are chose are deff not maps for scrims or matches. These are just my opinions. and for something like this to be successful you have to give it more time than just a few days of actual playing. Honestly I think you should have 2 squads of 5 with 1 commander. and both of those squads should be able to communicate with each other, not with only  squad leaders. You should have custom maps that are small and have them either set to team death match or capture the flag. makes way more sense than a huge open map of conquest. Also for something like this to work properly you need to have people in the same squads and teams every time you play so you can get used to who you play with instead of randoms. And you also need to have someone generate the teams that is not a commander or a squad leader. I wasn't able to play last match due to work, but from what I heard oddjobs team had acucats and odd on the same team. to me that's stacking the teams. I don't know who won or lost but still having leet players in the same squad or team and then the other team having maybe 1 or 2 good players really isn't fair. You should give this more time and I mean a lot more time, Play it till Easter or spring time when things start slowing down. instead of giving up right away. I mean we only started this a couple times. It hasn't been long enough to decide whether or not its a fail. Thanks

• Member ID:  2515
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  99
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  1304
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Achievement Points:  13640
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  01/15/1964

Is there a better time this game would run?  I try to run it in the AM, so that we can get both US and EU guys.  Right now its at 10 or 11am CST.

10:00-11:00 am Saturday, Central Time (CT) is

2:00-3:00 am Sunday, in Queensland Australia 

Sorry mate love too! But the time just doesn't work for me! :rant: 

Edited by HellKid

• Member ID:  20800
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  3820
  • Birthday:  01/13/1950

:respect:  I have joined all previous games, and even though I am still learning the game, I really enjoy this game.  I see a lot of comments about the time of the game, but remember that some of us are on the east coast.  I travel a lot (benefits of retirement), and that is the only time I do not play BF4.  Count me in for future games as long as I am home where I have my computer.

Keep it up!!!

If you put it back to a Sunday then it would probly be better, not to mention not so dam early in the morning. You have it for 8am pacific time, well most of us enjoy sleeping in on weekends. IF you had for 11 or noon pacific time you probly have a better turn out as well on Sunday. But you have it bright an early on Saturday and most families do things on the Saturday morning due to working all week. You have to take into consideration those two things. I enjoyed playing what I could of BATL but its not organized that well. You have your teams there kind of stacked at times. There is absolutely no communication cept for squad leaders and commanders which makes no sense what so ever. The maps that are chose are deff not maps for scrims or matches. These are just my opinions. and for something like this to be successful you have to give it more time than just a few days of actual playing. Honestly I think you should have 2 squads of 5 with 1 commander. and both of those squads should be able to communicate with each other, not with only  squad leaders. You should have custom maps that are small and have them either set to team death match or capture the flag. makes way more sense than a huge open map of conquest. Also for something like this to work properly you need to have people in the same squads and teams every time you play so you can get used to who you play with instead of randoms. And you also need to have someone generate the teams that is not a commander or a squad leader. I wasn't able to play last match due to work, but from what I heard oddjobs team had acucats and odd on the same team. to me that's stacking the teams. I don't know who won or lost but still having leet players in the same squad or team and then the other team having maybe 1 or 2 good players really isn't fair. You should give this more time and I mean a lot more time, Play it till Easter or spring time when things start slowing down. instead of giving up right away. I mean we only started this a couple times. It hasn't been long enough to decide whether or not its a fail. Thanks

Conquest works, because of how we had the overhead map setup with tickets=troops. We have every single map in the maplist assigned to a territory, depending on where the attacking general attacks, we roll a dice, and pick from a map in the maplist at that territory.

We were going to try to do people in the same teams everytime we play, but we don't have enough people who can make it each time to be able to do that currently. Originally the general was supposed to a Commander, but I think there are issues with commander working on a private server, plus a commander when teams are 5 vs 5 doesnt work that well.

The reason we had the communication set up like that is because it is supposed to be chain of command style. General doles out orders to squad leaders, and squad leaders announce to their team.

The first time the teams were mostly randomly generated, but this time because so few people showed up we just took turns picking. i could have had cats on my team, but i chose people i have been playing with more often. and i think the teams for the most part were pretty even. I actually surprised myself at how well i was doing against people who i consider more technically skilled at the game.

two squads of 5  on each team would be fantastic, but that would require twice as many players as showed up this previous round.

Edited by mouselad

CQS works wonders, not sure why you think it doesn't.  I can't think of a better game mode.  Well I can, it would be CQL, but we need more people!!!  Any other game mode is too static, too conforming, and too parallel.  CQ gives the best option of dynamic, evolving, ever changing map.  
And mouse hits it on the head.  With 10 people, a team might get stacked.  With 64 people it wouldnt, which is part of the reason of this rant.  Even so, teams have not been stacked.  T2 destroyed first round, T1 dominated 2nd round, T1 and T2 evened out this last round.  The thing is, it doesnt matter the caliber of the player. This isnt regular BF.  Acucats is good, yes, but the way the game is played is not his play style, nor is it mine, nor anyones.  We are used to run and gun.  World BATL involves ever changing tactics, even during the round, and ever changing classes and loadouts.  If we had even 30 people playing, it would even more so invalidate the idea that teams are stacked.  There is nothing in the rules that states teams cant be moved around in between rounds.  But neither General feels that they are stacked, so we have had no reason to.

I completely agree Sunday would work better, but right now it won't be ran on Sunday because of Football.  Football > Video Games.  Perhaps as the season is coming to an end, we will move it to Sunday (which I would prefer anyway). The next one I setup, I will try setting it for 3pm CST.  The idea of setting it at 11am or 12 was that the EU guys would be available.  But considering most of them dont care about this, that point is probably irrelevant now.

Each squad should be communicating within itself.  It makes complete sense.  What wouldnt make sense would be 15-20 people trying to talk over each other.  That makes no sense.  What makes sense is that each squad is assigned a captain that receives orders from their General, and give them to their squad.  Exactly how all military's work.  

We are not "giving up".  I do not ever give up, on anything.  
We are simply stating the simple fact, that we think its pure and utter bullshit that 25-30 clan members will sit and play on a regular BF4 server (as they do every other day), while their clanmates counterparts are attempting to make World Batl a real thing.  I am pretty blunt person, and most people dont like that, so I understand any backlash or complaints.
All I am doing is calling a spade a spade and simply saying "there is no comradery or support from the clan" on this.  There is no denying that.  

We appreciate the feedback, as things that are molded by the players are always superior to those that are not.  But at the same time we just wish that those 20 players that are on every time we play, would come join their brothers at arms.  thats all.
Edited by OddJob001

• Member ID:  20884
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  1812
  • Birthday:  06/10/1989

I think more people would show up if they felt like they had a stake in it. Right now as you have it, theirs really only two people playing the game, you and mouse. Everyone else are randomly placed and each time they could be on the opposite team. when people don't belong to a specific team it alienates them, and makes showing up seem pointless.

I think a better way to do this is have about 4 teams, with a solid unchangeable roster and have each turn lasting a week, where the attacking team sets a target on Monday and then allow the two teams to coordinate what day during the week will work for both. If the teams end up uneven then its up to the two to decide whether to even the teams up or just play with what they have. Since they both previously agreed to the time earlier in the week, its their own fault if people don't show and they will just have a tough fight on their hands. This method will give everyone a reason to fight, and feel like they are a part of an actual army set on world domination.

Edited by Oneill

I like how this is, Very well described O_Neill, I would be interested in trying it out this way. so long as it was on a sunday!

• Member ID:  20800
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  3820
  • Birthday:  01/13/1950

Are we going to get an email for sign up or will it be on the website?

Papithegun

I think more people would show up if they felt like they had a stake in it. Right now as you have it, theirs really only two people playing the game, you and mouse. Everyone else are randomly placed and each time they could be on the opposite team. when people don't belong to a specific team it alienates them, and makes showing up seem pointless.

I think a better way to do this is have about 4 teams, with a solid unchangeable roster and have each turn lasting a week, where the attacking team sets a target on Monday and then allow the two teams to coordinate what day during the week will work for both. If the teams end up uneven then its up to the two to decide whether to even the teams up or just play with what they have. Since they both previously agreed to the time earlier in the week, its their own fault if people don't show and they will just have a tough fight on their hands. This method will give everyone a reason to fight, and feel like they are a part of an actual army set on world domination.

Actually the original idea was to  try to get the same people on the same team each time, unfortunately not the same people show up each time. I also ask my team for input on the overhead map, because I want them to feel more involved also. I've had sicarius on my team each time, and oneill you have been on my team each time. most of the other people have only showed up once, or show up late.

As it is probably 3/4 of the people who sign up to play don't actually show up. if everyone that signed up showed up we would be able to have set unchangeable rosters which is how we wanted it at the beginning.

It is tough to keep the same teams, and the game fair and balanced when people don't show, and especially when people sign up and don't show.

The way you are suggesting it could be 10 people show up on one team, and only 4 show up on the other. I would not be willing to play that.

If anyone can suggest a better time I would be willing to hear it?

As Odd said its on Saturdays in the AM because we wanted to give the UK guys a chance to play also, but most of them don't seem interested in this game model. we even pushed this one an hour later, because people were saying it was too early.

And we also wanted to get the game out of the way before the evening when the server becomes more populated.

weekend because most people work during the week. Saturdays instead of sundays, because of football season.

We have thought these things through. they weren't just randomly decided.

Edited by mouselad

ya but if you keep changing the dates from sunday to Saturdays and having it so dam early, no one will be interested in playing. You guys are only looking at whats the best time for people on the east coast an that's it. Saturday is never good for anyone, they either work all week and want to relax or use the Saturday for their weekend needs, Or like to party on a Friday night and stay up late. Well once again 10-11am east coast time is 7-8am westcoast time. Its all bout timing. \

And secondly people forget bout the match  or other plans do happen and get in the way, you cant expect everyone that signed up for that week or the next one to make it on time. This is a game and people have real lives, and well sometimes real life gets in the way and screws over your gaming or everyday plans.

I think everyone needs to chill, its only a game for one and its in early stages. If your thinking you wasted all your time putting all of this together, then go ahead an think that. But honestly things like this take time and wont happen right away. you need to take at least 6 months to a year of this happening all the time before your gonna have it working perfectly. But giving up on something you want to happen really bad, specially right away is kind of garbage and childish.

I understand you want this to happen, but you posted earlier that its not going to happen on a sunday due to fucking football. Like seriously my friend if you want this to happen pay attention to this and take football off your brain, you cant have both buddy. And you stating that its not going to happen on a sunday due to football, kinda makes it look like its all bout your needs and wants and fuck everyone else.  Im not going to change my plans to play a game cuz your football game is more important. And I seriously doubt anyone else will cuz you want to watch football. Take this how you want. Think that Im being an ass or whatever you want. But im telling you how I feel bout this.

ya but if you keep changing the dates from sunday to Saturdays and having it so dam early, no one will be interested in playing. You guys are only looking at whats the best time for people on the east coast an that's it. Saturday is never good for anyone, they either work all week and want to relax or use the Saturday for their weekend needs, Or like to party on a Friday night and stay up late. Well once again 10-11am east coast time is 7-8am westcoast time. Its all bout timing. \

And secondly people forget bout the match  or other plans do happen and get in the way, you cant expect everyone that signed up for that week or the next one to make it on time. This is a game and people have real lives, and well sometimes real life gets in the way and screws over your gaming or everyday plans.

I think everyone needs to chill, its only a game for one and its in early stages. If your thinking you wasted all your time putting all of this together, then go ahead an think that. But honestly things like this take time and wont happen right away. you need to take at least 6 months to a year of this happening all the time before your gonna have it working perfectly. But giving up on something you want to happen really bad, specially right away is kind of garbage and childish.

I understand you want this to happen, but you posted earlier that its not going to happen on a sunday due to fucking football. Like seriously my friend if you want this to happen pay attention to this and take football off your brain, you cant have both buddy. And you stating that its not going to happen on a sunday due to football, kinda makes it look like its all bout your needs and wants and fuck everyone else.  Im not going to change my plans to play a game cuz your football game is more important. And I seriously doubt anyone else will cuz you want to watch football. Take this how you want. Think that Im being an ass or whatever you want. But im telling you how I feel bout this.

Fooseball is the DEVIL Bobby!

I think lots of Americans care about football so I think Odd is right to try to not conflict with that. Also we normally play based off of CST, not EST. We also have to consider our friends in the EU, they are generally 5-8 hours later than CST so we don't want to make it impossible for them, if we made it in our evenings it would be the middle of the night for them. Guaranteed none of them would join on a Sunday at 11PM or later, just saying.

I think the point Odd is trying to get across here is that it is frustrating to see clan members playing BF4 but refusing or not even making an effort to join us all. I agree that is tough since many of us have put quite a bit of effort into it. So, people are either interested and play or just ignore it.... That is a shame since we have had so much fun :D

Well if football is more important and no one is willing to change anything due to that, you wont see me at any future BATL games. Its not worth my time or effort if its only going to work for east coast or central people and people who watch fucking football.

Well if football is more important and no one is willing to change anything due to that, you wont see me at any future BATL games. Its not worth my time or effort if its only going to work for east coast or central people and people who watch fucking football.

No offense man but have you even told us what time would be "worth your time"? I mean just saying that you wont waste your time playing "our" game or that football is bullshit is not very helpful. But if you said, "hey I would play Sundays at noon PST" then we have something to work with...