Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

RE: ZONK

• Member ID:  21353
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2708
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Device:  Windows

Ok to solve this problem we will stop talking about pasties beer whiskey and what food we are having tonight and how pissed we were last and play the game as we are soposed too Oh come on guys it's just a bloody game enjoy have a laugh and chill who gives a monkeys bolocks if the Zonk clan are playing better than us or cheating if there is proof Smile be happy as we say in Russia beer without vodka is money in the wind And it is possible to kill the zonk  just saying  :lol:  :rtfm:

• Member ID:  20692
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1943
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Achievement Points:  16789
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  01/13/1980

Ok to solve this problem we will stop talking about pasties beer whiskey and what food we are having tonight and how pissed we were last and play the game as we are soposed too Oh come on guys it's just a bloody game enjoy have a laugh and chill who gives a monkeys bolocks if the Zonk clan are playing better than us or cheating if there is proof Smile be happy as we say in Russia beer without vodka is money in the wind And it is possible to kill the zonk  just saying  :lol:  :rtfm:

What did you use today???? I want some....... ;-p

• Member ID:  21410
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  613
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/14/1972

Thanks Jay, splitting them up is the way to solve the problem. When XI is playing in one team we don't win every round, cos we are not that serious about all that shit. But they are dead serious. If we keep splitting them up, they might even consider playing elesewhere. Which would be phantastic. Not only are they annoyingly stacking the team, they also have a bad attitude if you suggest them to stop stacking the team. They literally told me to fuck off.

Btw. XI was playing on both teams tonight. We mostly are split up anyway.

Awards

• Member ID:  20700
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  148

I agree with Mav and Most, but this evening I saw something that should not happen on your server...

There were people actually leaving because of ZONK supremacy, and some people asking you people [XI] members to move them/kick them and so on.

I can live with that. It's fine. I am pretty sure, like well over (99%) none of them cheat. They are very "niched" players. They are great FPS-ers; they will NOT kill me (skill-wise) on any PTFO-game-mode. Rush, obliteration some bigger conquest maps: I say a couple of you XI and myself (because you need my skill, handsomeness and burping on TS obviously) will show them how it's done. But I am not talking about that. We all know this.

What I found uncomfortable, is last night on Metro, "unregulars"  were openly complaining about ZONK supremacy. Again. No problem. But the discussion in the server chat was more or less one or more ZONK members saying: "We are on here, playing as a single squad, and fudge the rest of the server, and you can't change anything about it.". One of the XI-regulars stood up against that, but he was dismissed by ZONK. I don't see it like that. There were more XI-members on, but none of them were admin, and couldn't do anything.

You, the XI admins, allow people to play on servers YOU pay for. YOU and YOU alone decide who is on YOUR server. That being said: there are a LOT of people (again, myself not included) that think ZONK cheat. There are more people being annoyed by how well they FPS with a sniper (myself included). There are some people that just don't want to play against ZONK, because of the above.

All in all, I think 70% of all regulars will not miss ZONK what so ever. That is including me. They might even applaud your decision to (finally) taking action. Or they might not join the server again.

Last time I joined the server I was FIFTH in queue. Afaik I am a VIP-user. I am sure your server is on of the busier ones. You don't need ZONK to populate the server. Not even close. You might even get more regulars on, which you might be able to make FOXI or even XI... I'm sure that none of the ZONK's will join FOXI (or XI). In all fairness, I think it's really good to look back at what they did for the XI-server. When the server was switching from modes (hardcore with map, and without map), ZONK-members got people in XI-server. I was a regular back then, same with the HOGS.

So, what do I think will happen when you start banning them? I think nothing. I might be FOURTH in queue. If I want a tough Clan-war, I'll give them a PM. Get some of my NATO guys to fight them; die horribly multiple times, and seeing my clans skill-range, losing the game all together. But I think the XI-server is not a clan-match server. It's a bunch of xtreme idiots (members and none-members) coming together, sending Brandon to the Tactical channel, muting Elmer, and having some fun while SEMI-PTFO-ing.

Thanks for your post Pandy. Well thought of and nicely put......

The problem is that when i am in game most people behave. Unfortunately i was out for a meeting and there were no other capable admins around i guess. I have checked involved players chats tonight and can see that it got a little out of hand. As you put it so nicely; ''Who will miss them?''; Not a lot of people i think. Problem is that now it`s Zonk, tomorrow it will be another clan.

The most problems i have with rejecting them from our servers is that i, for a fact, know they don`t cheat and they were a great help when we were struggeling to get players on. BUT; As i have said before, i will not let people leave our server because of one certain clan.........

Having said the above; I will let the democratic voice speak and will do what is needed to keep the server a great one to be on...........  

Edited by Jay80_NL

Well spoken Pandi and Jay.

Good that the Zonk kids bedtime was around 10 yesterday. So I had at least for an hour fun on the server again.

Jay, I believe persistently splitting them up will make them stay away. No one can say then that XI is banning ppl because they are too good or anything.

They were pretty upset the last time when I saw you splitting them up and left soon after.

In my opinion that would be a clean solution. It only has to be done consequently.

If it's possible to do it automatically, do it please.  (eg. always nearly the same number of Zonks in both teams - no matter how many are on)

If not, give me admin rights and I will dedicate my time to only do that :lol:

When they are gone, many players would appreciate that. As Pandi said, our server is for fun and casual ptfo but not for competetive gaming.

I don't see that any other clan (VASK etc.) is a problem at all on our server. It's only them Zonks.

Edited by M0stlyHarmless

Awards

Well spoken Pandi and Jay.

Good that the Zonk kids bedtime was around 10 yesterday. So I had at least for an hour fun on the server again.

Jay, I believe persistently splitting them up will make them stay away. No one can say then that XI is banning ppl because they are too good or anything.

They were pretty upset the last time when I saw you splitting them up and left soon after.

In my opinion that would be a clean solution. It only has to be done consequently.

If it's possible to do it automatically, do it please.  (eg. always nearly the same number of Zonks in both teams - no matter how many are on)

If not, give me admin rights and I will dedicate my time to only do that :lol:

When they are gone, many players would appreciate that. As Pandi said, our server is for fun and casual ptfo but not for competetive gaming.

I don't see that any other clan (VASK etc.) is a problem at all on our server. It's only them Zonks.

The problem with doing it automatically is that they get split up and the rest of the players is getting moved around a lot, because of that balancer. Therefore it is only half a solution......

• Member ID:  21060
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  107
  • Achievement Points:  739

I have a pet kangaroo called Kevin .

The problem with doing it automatically is that they get split up and the rest of the players is getting moved around a lot, because of that balancer. Therefore it is only half a solution......

I see your point. But I think if one or two Zonks getting switched and therefore one or two other players as well, we could live with that. It's all for the greater good :lol:

I wouldn't mind to switch myself.

Awards

• Member ID:  20700
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17
  • Achievement Points:  148

Okay. I think we had our little rant. I think Jay's, and the rest of XI's leaderships position is quite clear; as it is, it's fine.

Like I said before, it's only a very select couple of maps and game modes I don't like playing against them. They are incredible FPS-ers. On the other hand for instance, Mista Mista is waaaay more effective in actually winning games for the team he is on.

Can we just agree to NOT feed the trolls? Not on TS3 nor in BF4? I think that is the mature thing to do. So no more bashing ZONK or glorifying them then absolutely necessary? They are not hacking. They are not PTFO-ing. They just are. Accept that...

Okay. I think we had our little rant. I think Jay's, and the rest of XI's leaderships position is quite clear; as it is, it's fine.

Like I said before, it's only a very select couple of maps and game modes I don't like playing against them. They are incredible FPS-ers. On the other hand for instance, Mista Mista is waaaay more effective in actually winning games for the team he is on.

Can we just agree to NOT feed the trolls? Not on TS3 nor in BF4? I think that is the mature thing to do. So no more bashing ZONK or glorifying them then absolutely necessary? They are not hacking. They are not PTFO-ing. They just are. Accept that...

AMEN to that Pandy... thanks!

So, i like to end this discussion with the wise words of Pand3m0nium just above this post in the back of my head.

We have discussed this matter among all the other BF- series admins. If i decide to ban them from our server, i am just one of those admins and we are just one of those servers you read about on the Battlelog forums on a daily basis; Servers with badmins who just kick good players for their own benefit. I will not let our server get that name. We have numerous people in line to join every evening and i really would like to continue this at least till BF5 comes out. 

That being said;

I will have a talk with the ZONK guys and ask them nicely to split up over the teams. If they don`t, i let my magic plugin do it. I know that they don`t like this, so maybe the effect will be that they play less and less on our server. 

I know it can be a pain in the but that you get killed over and over again by the same players. I know it is annoing as fuck that if you kill one of them, the other one is always behind him to kill you (XI can do this to; I can get annoyed aswell if i am in the opposite team when RacerRagner, S0nicBrandon and the lot team up), but please..... I ask you to calm it down a little. Don`t go all yelling in chat about hacks and none legit gameplay. Like Pandy said just before; DONT FEED THE TROLLS!!! Don`t let it get to you. If you feel or think that action is needed, just ask me or any other admin. We will deal with it, but don`t let it spoil your fun while playing.....

So guys. Keep on having fun on the battlefield in the best server there is!!!!!!

Edited by Jay80_NL

Has anyone seen Kevin . He's gone missing . Last seen camping in an AA on operation firestorm. Plz keep your eye out for him . Ty .

• Member ID:  21302
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  122
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  598
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  4843
  • Birthday:  03/02/1986

I agree with Mav and Most, but this evening I saw something that should not happen on your server...

There were people actually leaving because of ZONK supremacy, and some people asking you people [XI] members to move them/kick them and so on.

I can live with that. It's fine. I am pretty sure, like well over (99%) none of them cheat. They are very "niched" players. They are great FPS-ers; they will NOT kill me (skill-wise) on any PTFO-game-mode. Rush, obliteration some bigger conquest maps: I say a couple of you XI and myself (because you need my skill, handsomeness and burping on TS obviously) will show them how it's done. But I am not talking about that. We all know this.

What I found uncomfortable, is last night on Metro, "unregulars"  were openly complaining about ZONK supremacy. Again. No problem. But the discussion in the server chat was more or less one or more ZONK members saying: "We are on here, playing as a single squad, and fudge the rest of the server, and you can't change anything about it.". One of the XI-regulars stood up against that, but he was dismissed by ZONK. I don't see it like that. There were more XI-members on, but none of them were admin, and couldn't do anything.

You, the XI admins, allow people to play on servers YOU pay for. YOU and YOU alone decide who is on YOUR server. That being said: there are a LOT of people (again, myself not included) that think ZONK cheat. There are more people being annoyed by how well they FPS with a sniper (myself included). There are some people that just don't want to play against ZONK, because of the above.

All in all, I think 70% of all regulars will not miss ZONK what so ever. That is including me. They might even applaud your decision to (finally) taking action. Or they might not join the server again.

Last time I joined the server I was FIFTH in queue. Afaik I am a VIP-user. I am sure your server is on of the busier ones. You don't need ZONK to populate the server. Not even close. You might even get more regulars on, which you might be able to make FOXI or even XI... I'm sure that none of the ZONK's will join FOXI (or XI). In all fairness, I think it's really good to look back at what they did for the XI-server. When the server was switching from modes (hardcore with map, and without map), ZONK-members got people in XI-server. I was a regular back then, same with the HOGS.

So, what do I think will happen when you start banning them? I think nothing. I might be FOURTH in queue. If I want a tough Clan-war, I'll give them a PM. Get some of my NATO guys to fight them; die horribly multiple times, and seeing my clans skill-range, losing the game all together. But I think the XI-server is not a clan-match server. It's a bunch of xtreme idiots (members and none-members) coming together, sending Brandon to the Tactical channel, muting Elmer, and having some fun while SEMI-PTFO-ing.

f them zonk iff they playing i am not playing in the server grrrr 22:00 evening
f up the server everybody left again

• Member ID:  23355
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Achievement Points:  107
  • Birthday:  08/30/1990

Well, I feel like participating in this discussion, hopefully without encouraging any shitstorm or else....

I pretty much read thru the whole topic and on the one hand I would like to thank all those who are on our side (and who have the (imo) more reasonable arguments) but on the other hand address those who are complaining and unlucky about us, I do (most of the time) understand your reasons. Nevertheless this discussion has reached a point way beyond rational thinking.

M0stlyHarmless: None of us takes this 'serious' nor does the game fill all of our lifes content....we are just having fun playing it, we are having fun playing it as a team and it's even more fun when you can use the teamspeak to coordinate as a team.

(I'm mentioning you in particular cause you're the only XI complaining recently.....and after being accused of hacking for months, after being insulted in chat over and over again, after knowing this discussion goes on within XI for months, you can understand that the answer to 'Split up as we agreed' isn't 'Yes of course we'll do, sorry for plaiyng in one team'. I was telling you we didn't agree on anything (which is the truth) and after several hostile comments from you I told you to shut it. I believe everybody can understand that)

In general nearly everything has been said.

- When there's only 1 or 2 of us, we aren't that good...it's just teamwork

- There's always many people on the XI TS, simply team up

- Getting rid of players because they appear to be too good, that's just poor

- Leaving the server because they appear to be too goos, that's poor either

Further, I believe we don't imbalance anything. E.g. there was a game of CL yesterday which our team lost like 600:0 ... sure ZonK were in the upper ranks but it didn't help, the team still lost big time. And just about two hours ago, CQ on Hangar....it was 210:180 or something, so nothing unbalanced there....why start switching us around? Where's the sense in that? This shows that the whole team counts....five good players in a bunch of stupid players don't make the difference.

I've been playing games like BF or CoD for quite a while now and I was pretty bad as I started...I had to play on my own, every teammate was doing their own shit and it was really frustrating. Then I joined a clan, started playing as a team and suddenly I got better and I had much more fun. Even now I don't really like playing on my own. But that's exactly why we have communities and ts servers. To talk to each other and use tactics to our advantage. It really is that simple. And sorry to say that, but blaming everything on us (cause that's exactly what is going on at the moment) just because some of you XI, foXI or other folks visiting the TS are not able to play together as a team....that's really weak....and I just don't get it. I've been to your TS server quite often and I know that there is very few people who are actually using it for playing the game.

Either you just play the game with no enthusiams, but then why would you care if you get shot over and over again? If you just wanna talk about dinner (or whatever was mentioned in a post above) go ahead but don't be depressed if you play a bad game. But since everyone on this topic who is complaining seems to have enough enthusiasm to care, why don't you change something and try to be better? If you were on our TS you'd all notice that talking about the day, making jokes, being childish and having a lot of fun with your buddies after a long day at work goes hand in hand with playing together as a team and scoring top ranks.

You are right by saying it pisses us off that we're getting split up into different teams and I can assure you that, if this continues to happen on a regular basis, we won't play on your server much longer. If that's what you all want, go ahead and do it. But in my opinion that's not any better than simply kicking or baning us. We don't pay for the server, that is true, those who do have to decide. You all wanna enjoy some nice gaming to clear you mind as do we. But honestly, making such a big deal about a frickin video game....that's just ridiculous.

Well, you heared our side of the story...I believe there's nothing left to say.

Cheers

• Member ID:  21302
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  122
  • Content Count:  598
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  4843
  • Birthday:  03/02/1986

this night 5 in 1 team fu man

f them zonk iff they playing i am not playing in the server 

Then just don`t........

this night 5 in 1 team fu man

And how many XI in one team???

And how many XI in one team???

XI's are always spread all over the place.

It can't be that XI members leave or don't even join if Zonks are stacking the team. Either it's an XI server or a Zonk server. I'm not the only one complaining.

Good that around 10 it seems to be Zonk bedtime. At least one hour of relaxed non competetive gaming left every evening.

I asked an admin yesterday to shuffle the Zonks around a bit and it worked.

Teams became much better balanced. Of course the Zonks were pissed, but everyone else on TS was happy about it.

I don't give a rats ass about what Zoks are posting in this thread. The facts are the facts. If they stack one team, server becomes imbalanced, people leave, even XI's don't wanna play anymore, XI server becomes a No Fun server (except for Zonks).

We can't subordinate the needs of the many for the needs of the few.

I'm not saying the Zonks do anything wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that their presence is poisoning the gaming experience for many other players on our server.

No one cares if Zonks are pissed or anything. There are plenty of servers where they can go. But we should care wheather our members, friends and regulars are getting pissed playing on our server because of a few.

Awards

• Member ID:  20884
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  1812
  • Birthday:  06/10/1989

Wow, I hate to say it but there are a ton of poor sports in this thread. The only reason their presence is poisoning anyone’s game experience is because said person clearly takes this game too seriously. It’s already been stated that the Zonk members don’t do anything wrong, so either figure out a way to counter stack or just enjoy the good fight. Sure the admins can ultimately make the decision to kick them but they shouldn’t, it sets a bad precedent and honestly, I would rather have a server full of Zonks than a bunch of poor sports.

• Member ID:  22516
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Achievement Points:  646
  • Birthday:  04/22/1980

I have found that they best way of counteracting the Zonk guys is just go after them, drop objectives and let the other players hunt the flags. It's not banning them, but it balances the game out to kill the squad off actively.

It's many times i have 5-7-10 kill streaks against specific zonk players just because i wanna interfere with them. I don't think that's bad form. They don't complain about it - and sometimes i get overrun by doing so. But the fact is when you start to target the "supreme" squads like that, and it's easy to single them out in game. Just don't rush in head first (or do) and stop worrying about your own k/d ratio or some other bullshit. Most of those rounds they loose. They are in their team top. But they loose the game. Because that interference make it hard for them to keep together as a squad.

Same goes for S0nic and Racer squad ups, they are prob. more fucking annoying than Zonk are when they play as a squad.. especially camping in a tank, and racking up 70/3 in K/D. No one in XI is complaining then. But others do, but nobody is really caring then.. The stigma is surrounding zonk gotta stop.. Take the Vask guys for examples, they are equally annoying if not more so. the PARA guys.. holy crap.. Not to mention CULT.. KittyGalore, Setsoru and Vesslan - those three is prob. more disruptive than any other clan playing the server when they are all in together.. But nobody is complaing about them..

Considering that we are in general 8-12 XI members on the server every night, regulary.. We could disrupt them back by actually using the TS for tactical instead of recipes and heckling Maveric for his russian tv.

Kevin here boy come to daddy shoebert . That pesky kangaroo is still missing.

Kevin here boy come to daddy shoebert . That pesky kangaroo is still missing.

I think i saw @@HellKid wandering of with a way to big smile on his face... Me thinks hes got something to do with it!

Ty for the info Jay . At least one of you is concerned about Kevin . Now where's that hell kid .I need a word with him . Kangaroo kidnapper .

• Member ID:  2515
  • Followers:  99
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  1304
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Achievement Points:  13640
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  01/15/1964