Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

MW2 Mod Feels Brokededed

RealEstufa

• Member ID:  21461
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  215
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1864
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1988

After playing on the cod4 dpg server and a few others I have come to the conclusion that our MW2 mod has completely destroyed what it is that makes cod4 one of the best fps games ever made (in my humble opinion of course). Weapons with mind numbingly inaccurate hipfire, ultimately broken, with sub par hit detection against moving targets; it feels like I'm playing at a constant 400 ping at all times. The knife mechanic is simply off, and well NOOBTOOBS. It's almost like a standalone game in perpetual alpha/beta that doesn't compare with the original cod4. In the end, it just doesn't feel like a gratifying experience when I'm aiming a foot in front of a moving target for kills, or unloading an entire clip into somebody less than 6 feet in front of me without a single hitmarker. It's just bad game design.

I am compelled to write this response in the hopes that it might someday elicit change, and I can already hear the response I'll most likely receive, "if you don't like it play somewhere else" which is exactly what I am doing at this point. However, I feel like my response is fair and justified giving that I spent the time mastering the mod. I'll pop in from time to time because I love the community, but it will probably only be to cry like a little panzy babyface derplord.

• Member ID:  9264
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6089
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Achievement Points:  51396
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981
  • Device:  Android

Well i think it's a work in progress and I know Sammy does his best. All we can do is support the admins and try to help by involving Sammy or the admins. Every little step helps. And I agree tubes just suck so bad.

Edited by Gossamyr

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

To be brutally honest, considering that there are many people that do very very well here, what am I supposed to think?

• Member ID:  2986
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  206
  • Topic Count:  384
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6453
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Achievement Points:  50693
  • Birthday:  12/19/1967
  • Device:  iPhone

I think you do a great job Sammy, no one realizes how much time you have put in doing all of this for us.  You can't please everyone, we all know that.  Can't be too bad as the server is full most of the time. :)

This is not a professional server, it is for fun, and it seems like lots of fun is being had :))))

Edited by Gatorgirl

To be brutally honest, considering that there are many people that do very very well here, what am I supposed to think?

No matter how good or bad a mod/game is, you will always have the best and worse players... But to use your metric, I am one of those players that does very very well here, does that make my opinion more valid? My  point has little to do with how many kills and how few deaths some people can get, and more about the overall feel and lack of satisfying gunplay. On top of that, the noobtoobs are really just horrendous to play against.

I think you do a great job Sammy, no one realizes how much time you have put in doing all of this for us.  You can't please everyone, we all know that.  Can't be too bad as the server is full most of the time. :)

This is not a professional server, it is for fun, and it seems like lots of fun is being had :))))

I am perfectly aware with how much time and effort Sammy has put into this mod, it's exceptional and impressive and I too think he has done a great job with many of the features! However, I'm coming from a perspective of years of playing every type of first person shooter imaginable, with probably thousands of different mods. To me, the very basic fundamentals are broken.

• Member ID:  800
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6933
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  58142
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957

Maybe  we could remove all weapons and just play tag........ Would that make you happy ?? I would think not

If it does not fit your fancy you are not happy is what it appears.....

(the noobtoobs are really just horrendous to play against.)......Noobtoobs as you call them......  Are part of the game !!!!

• Member ID:  1566
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7674
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Achievement Points:  68081
  • Days Won:  8

freeze tag with no weapons now thats novel lol

Flak Jacket. Very effective against noobtubers. Tho not invincible. If you are in a match full of gay ass tubers then consider getting it.

Maybe  we could remove all weapons and just play tag........ Would that make you happy ?? I would think not

If it does not fit your fancy you are not happy is what it appears.....

(the noobtoobs are really just horrendous to play against.)......Noobtoobs as you call them......  Are part of the game !!!!

People have voted, fought against, and ignored their own interests since the dawn of time. No one seems to understand that the complaints and subsequent changes I rally for would in fact help everyone. The very people who usually say the mod is fine as is, are the same players who scream "HACKS" and flip a lid when I go on a bunny hopping rampage killing 8 people in a row without being hit once. If Sammy revised the weapons and made them easier to kill people with, I and other players people like to call "hackers" wouldn't be nearly as effective running around with our heads cut off. 

To be brutally honest, I will always do exceptionally well in any fps, my critiques are usually always for the greater good of the mod. For instance, I am a master at bunny hopping, it is massive contributor to my high kill/death ratios every map, however I feel the server would be better off without the ability to incessantly jump. It just causes more problems with hit detection and artificially diminishes weapon functionality. In effect, it allows me to get away with kills that shouldn't be possible.

In other words, removing weapons has nothing to do with my original points. I'm saying, we should make the weapons feel better by improving killing potential both down the sight and especially with hip-fire. That will at least offset the terrible hit detection issues on moving targets.

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6089
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Achievement Points:  51396
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981
  • Device:  Android

@@RealEstufa even if all of that happened people are always going to cry hacks. You know this :harhar: 

If bunny hopping didnt fuck with people's ability to fire and hit them, especially hip fire, then it wouldnt be an issue. So enjoy. Others could always get the hip fire perk to make it easier to tag your ass. Especially with weapons that suck at hip fire like the 308. Besides, as soon as you jump and are in the air good bunny killers know exactly where you are going and how fast. Avoid your fire... to screw you up... and wait for you to land like a sitting duck.

• Member ID:  19
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

Thanks for everyone's opinion. Sammy is doing a great job and, based on the traffic that we receive on the FT mods, it's a great product.  Everyone has opinions, and everyone won't always be happy with how things are done. That is unfortunate, but that is life.