Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

The Difference Between High School In 1970 & 2015

JohnnyDos

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  47

• Member ID:  2048
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967
  • Device:  Windows

crazy shit happen a lot more now-all those lawyers and pussification of the world-

Edited by Damage_inc-

• Member ID:  1850
  • Followers:  98
  • Topic Count:  328
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8620
  • Content Per Day:  1.75
  • Achievement Points:  55994
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/19/1948

• Member ID:  340
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1077
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  6660
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1971
  • Device:  Android

yup, was way easy and more fun then.

• Member ID:  220
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.19
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

Great perspective. All true.

But all that yelling did not help me.... nor the spankings along with it and the taking my toys as you restrict me. Ask my parents and most of my teachers.  :)

Just like today... if your parents don't understand themselves how can they understand their kids. Same for teachers. I learned the hard way I was Dyslexic and ADD. Having both is a pain in the ass. My mom is Dyslexic and my Dad is ADD today. He is very smart.... guy knows a lot of stuff about a lot of things government from weapons to spying and all in between.  My mom is very creative. She has don't every craft dealing with things like quilting and crosshatching. 

My mom has bad hand writing but my father has nice handwriting. I have very bad hand writing to the point all through school I had a hard time reading my own handwriting. One reason was to mask my instability and when I did know the word I doubted myself and spelled it wrong. My wired get crossed and under pressure like a spelling test.. my wires got really crossed. 

My mom at times would trip on her words and say works incorrectly pronunciation when having a conversation. My brother the Bully he was used to laugh at her at dinner calling her from Kentucky. Then he would call me stupid. Really helped my self esteem. I for years... I mean decades thought I was stupid. Well I am.,.. but I do have some intelligence. 

My parents said they tried everything they could to get me to do good in school. No they did not.. they did not take time and be calm with me when did not understand something to help me learn.. they just criticized me and said I was not trying hard enough sending me off to my room. So naturally I thought I was stupid. Hence I did stupid things.

Now on the contrast. My two kids step and daughter. I understood some things about myself when I was going to have my daughter. I was so afraid she would turn out like me. So as they were growing up and I was learning myself (what a struggle that was).

So in school age I went over their homework every day made sure they did their homework and was calm about teaching them. I loved to teach things from nature to computers to politics to whatever. Uriel was smart out of the box. One smart kid. Ezra struggled and I feared she had some things but I never talked about it just observed her over the years.

They both got A's and B's. I leaned my parents mistakes.. (and that dick bully brother) and made sure that did not happen in my house. When a few times my Stepson was kind of bulling her.. it was stopped right then.

I was creative oh my punishments. Did not have to spank Ezra much but Uriel a few times till age 5 or so. He was a good kid after that.. and so was Ezra. 

In middle school same drill... I love over their homework and try to look for mistakes to help her see and once and a while I would say the teacher was wrong and had her change an answer.. Not often but enough time she remembered it.

Ezra started forgetting her books.. making it she could not do her home work.. 7th grade or so. I fix that in a flash after the 3rd time by making her carry all her books every day. She did not like that nor did I but only thing I could do to think of besides beating her which was not necessary like my parents. He did that for a while and she never forgot a book again.

Now 9th grade come. Uriel is doing great in high school so no need to check on him. Trust was established. My daughter is about to start 9th grade and she asks me.. "Dad can I check my homework for now on this school year?" I think about it and say yes you can but if you grades slip or you don't do your homework that will change.

She was slower to learn the my step son. He caught on to everything fast. So I had to spend more time with her on her schooling. Keep an eye on her. But when she asked me and how well she has done in school and I say yes as long.

She did great through school and graduated with AP classes and all.

After school and she is working we would talk about more honest stuff. Why I did the things I did and I explained I did not want her to turn out like me and have these built in limitations because I was learning I was smart and I know damn well she was smart. I made sure they both knew they were smart.

They are both very humble people today. My step son is engaged to a soon to be Doctor who they have been dating yeas and years. But they are waiting for till she is out of school.

He is not got his CNA and will be going to nursing school then he is looking to do the same as her.. but her first.

My daughter is in California and is a personal trainer pretty much working for herself at different fitness clubs and I hope she Marries her boyfriends Leo.  A very driven person like all 4 of them are.

In my daughters later teen years she would get on me at times.. she would say., "Dad why did you give me this ADD and Dyslectic." I blamed my parents. hahahaha

It is about parenting. With all the damn mistakes I have made raising them I feel I have success stories. They will be better equipped to raise their children. All I want is for them to be happy.

• Member ID:  989
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  261
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  17977
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Achievement Points:  131729
  • Days Won:  251
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

i glad i grew up in the 70,s when the school year ended in the biggining of june and you did not go back till sept some time.now adays the school are so fucked in the head..you can tell the terrorist have already won

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1065
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8394
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74551
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

1: That was before the yearly school massacres. But we tend to forget about those after a couple weeks.

2: Because the school doesnt want to get sued by the parents of the child that loses.

3: They dont use Ritalin anymore afaik.  Know anybody with ADD? Or Bipolar? Or other things that were poo-pooed in the past?

4: I doubt it, unless there is proof of other things.

5. See #2.

6. Better for the rest of us and others that take the time to learn English. Pedro will because he doesnt want to pick strawberries or mow lawns.

7. Often thats how it starts. Like kids killing little animals later moving up to people. Or in this case pipe bombs. At least, that is what the right says.

8. See #2 again.

When you live in a society where people will sue because a school has a Harry Potter book, or the Wizard of Oz, the schools are between a rock and a hard place. In both cases its the typical right wing Christian nutjobs that think Hogwarts is promoting witchcraft. The ones that push for tough-on-crime also tend to be right wing. Just dont be an Arab kid with a Timex on a box. There are no good guys here and both the left and the right are causing problems.

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4668
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41007
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Sammy, we didn't have Ritalin then. We had parents. They taught us right from wrong, and they didn't put up with our attempts at ADD. Damn, you stepped out of line, you got put right back in, and discipline ruled. No excuses. Teachers ruled their classrooms, and Principles ruled their schools. No f-ing bullshit allowed. We were there to learn, and given the tools to reason and think for ourselves. Today, it's all crap, political correctness, and agenda driven nonsense. All at the taxpayers expense. Back in the day, every house had guns, because every home had a veteran father who brought weapons back from the war. Nobody got shot, because only cowards didn't fight with their wits or their fists.

Sad and sorry excuses from the left won't solve today's issues. They are the major part of the problem because people don't change. Ever. Read history, you'll be amazed at what you'll find. We did.

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Content Count:  14874
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Achievement Points:  91001
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

Wow, thanks guys.. This post went from mildly amusing to completely politically depressing lol... Next time I will just watch Fox News and stick my head in the oven..

Wow, thanks guys.. This post went from mildly amusing to completely politically depressing lol... Next time I will just watch Fox News and stick my head in the oven..

Finally Terry is fixed.

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

56399677dd5da_3ne3o03lb5T55Q55S39bs8e60b

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Content Count:  14874
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Achievement Points:  91001
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

You forgot my catch phrase Steve.. :)

Great perspective. All true.

But all that yelling did not help me.... nor the spankings along with it and the taking my toys as you restrict me. Ask my parents and most of my teachers.  :)

Just like today... if your parents don't understand themselves how can they understand their kids. Same for teachers. I learned the hard way I was Dyslexic and ADD. Having both is a pain in the ass. My mom is Dyslexic and my Dad is ADD today. He is very smart.... guy knows a lot of stuff about a lot of things government from weapons to spying and all in between.  My mom is very creative. She has don't every craft dealing with things like quilting and crosshatching. 

My mom has bad hand writing but my father has nice handwriting. I have very bad hand writing to the point all through school I had a hard time reading my own handwriting. One reason was to mask my instability and when I did know the word I doubted myself and spelled it wrong. My wired get crossed and under pressure like a spelling test.. my wires got really crossed. 

My mom at times would trip on her words and say works incorrectly pronunciation when having a conversation. My brother the Bully he was used to laugh at her at dinner calling her from Kentucky. Then he would call me stupid. Really helped my self esteem. I for years... I mean decades thought I was stupid. Well I am.,.. but I do have some intelligence. 

My parents said they tried everything they could to get me to do good in school. No they did not.. they did not take time and be calm with me when did not understand something to help me learn.. they just criticized me and said I was not trying hard enough sending me off to my room. So naturally I thought I was stupid. Hence I did stupid things.

Now on the contrast. My two kids step and daughter. I understood some things about myself when I was going to have my daughter. I was so afraid she would turn out like me. So as they were growing up and I was learning myself (what a struggle that was).

So in school age I went over their homework every day made sure they did their homework and was calm about teaching them. I loved to teach things from nature to computers to politics to whatever. Uriel was smart out of the box. One smart kid. Ezra struggled and I feared she had some things but I never talked about it just observed her over the years.

They both got A's and B's. I leaned my parents mistakes.. (and that dick bully brother) and made sure that did not happen in my house. When a few times my Stepson was kind of bulling her.. it was stopped right then.

I was creative oh my punishments. Did not have to spank Ezra much but Uriel a few times till age 5 or so. He was a good kid after that.. and so was Ezra. 

In middle school same drill... I love over their homework and try to look for mistakes to help her see and once and a while I would say the teacher was wrong and had her change an answer.. Not often but enough time she remembered it.

Ezra started forgetting her books.. making it she could not do her home work.. 7th grade or so. I fix that in a flash after the 3rd time by making her carry all her books every day. She did not like that nor did I but only thing I could do to think of besides beating her which was not necessary like my parents. He did that for a while and she never forgot a book again.

Now 9th grade come. Uriel is doing great in high school so no need to check on him. Trust was established. My daughter is about to start 9th grade and she asks me.. "Dad can I check my homework for now on this school year?" I think about it and say yes you can but if you grades slip or you don't do your homework that will change.

She was slower to learn the my step son. He caught on to everything fast. So I had to spend more time with her on her schooling. Keep an eye on her. But when she asked me and how well she has done in school and I say yes as long.

She did great through school and graduated with AP classes and all.

After school and she is working we would talk about more honest stuff. Why I did the things I did and I explained I did not want her to turn out like me and have these built in limitations because I was learning I was smart and I know damn well she was smart. I made sure they both knew they were smart.

They are both very humble people today. My step son is engaged to a soon to be Doctor who they have been dating yeas and years. But they are waiting for till she is out of school.

He is not got his CNA and will be going to nursing school then he is looking to do the same as her.. but her first.

My daughter is in California and is a personal trainer pretty much working for herself at different fitness clubs and I hope she Marries her boyfriends Leo.  A very driven person like all 4 of them are.

In my daughters later teen years she would get on me at times.. she would say., "Dad why did you give me this ADD and Dyslectic." I blamed my parents. hahahaha

It is about parenting. With all the damn mistakes I have made raising them I feel I have success stories. They will be better equipped to raise their children. All I want is for them to be happy.

I know I have major typoes. I dont care............. It was from that heart at the time.

Rittlen is Speed.  Yes it helped me focus but it helped me focus on the wrong things.  Not just me I seen many examples.

I love speed........ it made me think I was normal.

Man, that would take a big oven. Pete would have to back his whole ass in to cover his head.

Man, that would take a big oven. Pete would have to back his whole ass in to cover his head.

Pete is our punching liberal. 

• Member ID:  478
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2276
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

This is true, I did it in the late 60's. I was probably about 12.

My buddy and I had bows and arrows and enjoyed going hunting for anything that moved, but mainly rabbits. Our travels once took us near a large city zoo. Since we seldom wandered that far from home, we decided we should pay a visit. As I recall, it was a Monday and entry was free. A good thing because of course we had no $$. Since it was a free day, there was no one monitoring the gates and we walked in armed with our bows and arrows. We spent considerable time walking around and checking out the animals. Not once were we questioned, stopped or challenged about anything. Fortunately it never crossed our minds that there were cages full of live targets. :) We left, walked home and called it a day.

I can't imagine what would happen today.

Edited by Burt(XI)

Awards

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1065
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8394
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74551
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973

Now a days it wouldn't be the animals to look after, it would be other people.

• Member ID:  94
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3738
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/03/1955

can u send me the link for this?

• Member ID:  3207
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  294
  • Days Won:  1

HA!  I went to a rural school in the 80s and remember seeing shotguns in all the country boys trucks!!

I did my fair share of making "bombs" and blowing up models and matchbox cars, what fun it was and I still have all my fingers!

Awards

• Member ID:  1387
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  19551
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

As long as people stop using common sense and feel they have the Right to be NEVER offended, therefore there will always be someone in the local and or Federal Gov. will continue to promise them that if the people dance to their Agenda's tune, they don't have to have any responsibility ever, ever again.  Years of this has gotten us where we are. A damn near Police State where all the wrong people are punished so everyone can all be equally worthless....

Your Civil Liberties Damn Near Gone...

Hell in my Town, if you have a tractor, Work Tools outside or a cracked or broken window in your Home (and a whole host of other "infractions"), the Town Fines you $100 per day for each offense until you satisfy the Town Inspector.

Oh! and you better keep that grass Low! 12" high is $100 per day also.

This is the Age of Zero Tolerance (Where Drastic "Steps" need to be taken in the name of "Protecting" people), but the Cocksuckers who passed this Bullshit got to grow up in the Golden Age of Tolerance the USA...

That is Ultimate Hypocrisy...

Don't believe me anyone?

http://www.madisonct.org/PZ/forms/BlightComplaintForm.pdf

http://www.madisonct.org/legals/AntiBlightOrdinance.pdf

What I remember, was that kids didn't have rights. Just like animals & criminals. Only adults had rights, and they exercised them, sometimes brutally. You had no rights, and you were forced to acknowledge that fact, or be hammered into submission. Once you were an adult, you joined the magic club that allowed you to voice your opinion, along with paying for the privilege. Today? Every sniveling wretch gets their complaint aired, and answered, whether they are an adult, citizen, or taxpaying member of this society.