Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Oldtimers and New how did you come to >XI<

Blackbart

• Member ID:  51
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5974
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Achievement Points:  45818
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/26/1949

With the tenth anniversary of >XI< upon us, I thought it would be interesting to hear how everyone ended up here...

For Christmas 2006  my Grandson bought COD2 for me...I had never played anything online other than card games on Yahoo...After playing the single player mode for about a month I went online and started playing at "Grumpy Old Bastards" and a few other clans, never joining any...I came across >XI<  around April of 2007 and started playing here exclusively...In January 2008 "Easy Pickins >XI<" sponsored me for membership and I was accepted...It's hard to grasp how much time has gone by...Great friends, fun and memories have been made here over the years...

Awards

• Member ID:  23556
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  74
  • Days Won:  0

I joined today, my old clan was run into the ground by a moron leader. I saw XI's top spot in the top 100 clans and saw it was for adults only. I came running then :)

• Member ID:  480
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  250
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2638
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  45785
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975
  • Device:  Windows

I started off in MOHAA With the XOA Clan, went through all the expansions of that game with XOA, was with them for a few years then COD1 came out, we migrated to that and became SOE and Members started drifting off after a year or so and it was down for only a few of us on regularily, DramaLlama being one, and those who remember Jalepeno, he was also an old XOA/SOE. I ended up dropping my tags and going solo. Found the XI server about 7-8 years ago. After about a year of playing steadilly on the server (Was a hell of alot harder to get  in clan back then) PitbullPete sponsered me and I have been here ever since.... so you can all blame him, but feel sorry for me... ive gamed with Llama for like 8 years... fuck my life

Edited by StormCrow

• Member ID:  2986
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  206
  • Topic Count:  384
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6453
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Achievement Points:  50693
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  12/19/1967
  • Device:  iPhone

I joined today, my old clan was run into the ground by a moron leader. I saw XI's top spot in the top 100 clans and saw it was for adults only. I came running then :)

Tyro, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but registering on our website is only the first step to membership.  I hope you stick around and I hope to see you in the servers. :)

>XI< Clan Membership is by Admin invite only. If you are a regular player on our servers and are interested in joining >XI< then you will eventually get approached by a server admin. 

Simple as that really... if you play with us, are fun and fit in you will receive an invite. 

Our admins are not obligated to give out invitations and asking/harassing for them may harm your chances of becoming a member in the future.

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

I bought COD2 right when it was first released in October in 2005. We lived in the country at that time and only had satellite internet which was too slow for online gaming. By the end of 2006 we lived back in town and I had been playing it for about a year as single player. My son who was then 16 talked me into trying out some online servers so we could play together and as I recall he was the person who pointed out XI to me.  I played for a few months and Loader sponsored me for tags, then the web site address changed and I wasn't aware of it until almost a year later when I was dropped for inactivity on the web site. Needless to say communication has improved greatly since then and I've been a member ever since.

• Member ID:  1189
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2004
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  12788
  • Birthday:  07/20/1966

I bought the game (of COD2) back in 2009.  I played the single player mode for a little time and needed to move on for more.  With a little help I got on line and only played on the  >XI< servers.  I enjoyed just playing and flying solo.  I was approached one day and by a Adm  and joined in late (Feb) 2010.  I have made so many friends over the last (almost) 6 years in this clan that I can't describe.   Great clan, Great times, Great friends.  Just saying. 

• Member ID:  23556
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  74

Tyro, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but registering on our website is only the first step to membership.  I hope you stick around and I hope to see you in the servers. :)

>XI< Clan Membership is by Admin invite only. If you are a regular player on our servers and are interested in joining >XI< then you will eventually get approached by a server admin. 

Simple as that really... if you play with us, are fun and fit in you will receive an invite. 

Our admins are not obligated to give out invitations and asking/harassing for them may harm your chances of becoming a member in the future.

Ya, after rereading it makes sense that he's only talking to members. Oh well, maybe I am just overly enthusiastic about playing with a clan that's actually about games.

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14873
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Achievement Points:  90995
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

I bought COD2 in the spring of 2006. By the summer I had surgery which lead me to have plenty of time on my hands to play. I was sponsored by Dizzle in the beginning of 2007, and became an admin with Gamin (2010) and a head admin in 2014. I owe a great deal of appreciation to the head admins before me, specially Pman, Bart and Loader.. Hats off to you guys. You made COD2 one of the best servers to play and admin.

Pete (Ter)

Ya, after rereading it makes sense that he's only talking to members. Oh well, maybe I am just overly enthusiastic about playing with a clan that's actually about games.

No harm in that :) 

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

Hmmmmmmm

I was formally a CAL Main (Cyberathlete Amateur League) gamer from BF1942 Desert Combat and BF2.And loved the Close quarters combat of the smaller 8v8 style game play.

I found shortly after getting COD4 that COD4 Freezetag filled my needs for FUN AND Competitive gaming all in 1 shot.I played here and G13 and ESC for a little over 1 year and was invited into G13 clan.All was well with them for 2 more years then shortly after they finished the COD5 Freezetag mod the G13 clan broke up.ESC servers were not very populated so I played Here primarily since then.I was very sad till that MmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMotherfucker  BobBarker sponsored me for >XI< Membership.

Funny thing I played here for almost 4 years before I even registered on the web site.

• Member ID:  20107
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  2015
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16685
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994

I originally joined back in 2008 or something. Im not sure.. My dad was a member and admin under the name Noddy. But in clan politics drove my dad to leave so i followed suit (had no choice as a JR). Then picked up CoD2 again a few years ago and wanted to see if the servers were still up. They were. Jumped in and reintroduced myself, seeing if people remember my dad, they do, so i told them i was his son, NoddyJR but under my new name and i ended up getting sponsored by Loader as well as support from most CoD2 members to get my tags back :lol:

• Member ID:  2702
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  1057
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  8385
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/26/1978
  • Device:  Android

I started off playing MOH:AA on <<{MFF}>> servers back in 2004 and got addicted to Freeze Tag, signed up with them and enjoyed their family friendly atmosphere, but MOH:AA was slowly dying and many members were not upgrading to better games. We tried branching out to COD2, FEAR and BF2, but it was difficult to get folks to move on. I started playing COD4 FT over on XI servers maybe around 2010-2011  as it was regularly populated and had an awesome FT mod. Stormcrow suggested I pop along to the forums and say hey, as he remembered the XOA clan which is where the MFF founders started (BigRedOne and JonnyBecare).

After a few years of FT and bad habits developing (Courtesy of Cobrabites and Jumper) I now frequently yell obscenities at you all and occasionally get near the top of the scoreboard. I was asked to join by Pink (although Nisty chatted with me about it too, maybe even instigated it), Cobra was my sponsor, although google offered and called me a beech.

Been a member for almost a year now (8 Months) and you've all been regretting it since! Muahahaha

• Member ID:  607
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Content Count:  3332
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33539
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

I was playing Cod2 just barely until I Built my first computer and discovered Cod4. I was playing random servers having a laugh and came across the XI server by chance late one night. I joined the game and instantly nearly got deafened by Wildthing  that was one hell of an introduction to XI then most days after that it was Boilerdon and Wild that had me in tears of laughter and after a while Rockape sponsored me that was nearly 6 years ago.

What made it so much fun for me back then was everyone was so friendly, here was I a complete stranger and made to feel at home form the first second of the first round for me that's what makes this place so special all idiots together having a laugh and made to feel welcome.

• Member ID:  5839
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1606
  • Birthday:  07/01/1957

got the official invite to join in 2012 and still having a blast here with you idiots. ! don't get enough time to play these days but i make the most of it when i can. great group of people here.

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

I had just finished up in a Memphis whorehouse back in 2006 or so when this half-naked guy with a very small dick asked me for $20 to pay his blow-job bill, "or they're gonna break my friggin legs," he said, as tears streamed down his pimple-infested puss. So I gave him the Jackson, what the hell.

The guy said he was a rug salesman from Minnesota and would pay me back. So I gave him my email address, what the hell.

I didn't expect to hear back from the dude but the very next week I get this email that I'm now a member of some idiotic gaming clan. I didn't game, but I figured, what the hell.

So I went out and bought COD2 and well, you know the rest of the story.

.I was very sad till that MmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMotherfucker BobBarker sponsored me for >XI< Membership.

Well.....that explains a lot....lmao!

• Member ID:  1850
  • Followers:  98
  • Topic Count:  328
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8620
  • Content Per Day:  1.75
  • Achievement Points:  55994
  • Birthday:  06/19/1948

I have played COD 2, 4 and cod 5 found >XI< after I retired searching on the internet for somewhere to play. Chile and Dirk sponsored me almost 5 and a half years ago. I love most of the people that  play here  except the ones that knife me LOL and hope to be around for a few more years.

• Member ID:  1387
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  19551
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

Well I played here for a few years since early 2007. My PC was very old and slow, and I tried many servers and out of all the COD2 servers, this on had the lowest ping. But More importantly it had the Best Fun, Most Competitive and People were friendly. So I struggled with the whole Bad PC, No Microphone and sharpened my skills until I made it to 50-50 for kill to death. It was then after around 2 and 1/2 years of playing here that I was approached to join. I then Upgraded my PC and was told by most that "We liked you better when you sucked at this game". I was not a Gamer at all before then and had no clue. So I have Made great friends and learned a lot about Gaming and Computers thanks to XI. If it was not for Blackbart and Dawgy, I would not be here....

So You Can Blame Them For Me Being Here!

:smoke::2guns: 

• Member ID:  20107
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  2015
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16685
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994

You still suck Spart! You beech :lol: damn its really been a long time in XI. I was gutted when i had to go with my dad but when i came back i have still kept my old friends and made new ones

• Member ID:  410
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2033
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  10669
  • Birthday:  12/04/1948

Found XI on "the all seeing eye"

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

If you mean XI itself, I dont actually remember. Probably some people talked to me about freezetag specific stuff for the mod on the OW forums and I also started coming here. As for being a member, its because I bit the bullet and finally said yes after being asked. I hadnt been a clan member of anything since my UT2K4 days.

• Member ID:  390
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  4251
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Achievement Points:  35625
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

My son got me in to this COD2 than United Offensive  came out with the tanks and jeeps I was hooked custom wheels music in jeep.  LMAOI. kept playing after he stopped than ran into a clan (TNT Blowout) My first clan I joined became an ADMIN. One night goofing around found >XI< and the FT Mod I wanted to try this with my clan at the time. Hooked up with Greywolf2 he helped me out with the mod. It never took off so I started playing in here  a lot. Angel and Cepears took me under there arms always called me Ya DUMMIE. Left my Admin spot to be here. HeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaw >XI< Forever! P.S. I would love to try United offensive in here I would do the work lets  try it!

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1188
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6490
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63167
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

Forgive me for not remembering the dates but that part of my memory has always been faulty so I will continue! It was the year after COD 4 MW came out and my son asked me if I would like to try it and I said yes! He gave it to me for my birthday! I tried a few servers and just never seemed to fit in with any of them except here at XI.  Eventually 2cuteSue sponsored me into the clan and while I had a brain lapse it's the best move I have ever made in gaming! I am trying to get up the nerve to try the COD 5 and COD 4 servers again after all the mouse probs I had I am afraid too! lol 

• Member ID:  2447
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  306
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2172
  • Birthday:  09/07/1993

I tried the mod back in 2009 when I was back in school and saw these fuckers including Magical Fart, that asshole BobBarker and Cobra bites and a few no longer with us and I was like shit I need to join them.  Waited a while and join a year or so after that I think and since then I've become an idiot as well.   :lol:

• Member ID:  221
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1864
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Achievement Points:  12302
  • Birthday:  06/10/1967

If I  remember  correctly I was gaming with some other clan on cod2. that group started to wind down and started playing on the XI servers. I believe Budsr sponsored me and the rest is history.