Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

MW2 is a piece of shit now

SexPanther

• Member ID:  1510
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  5333
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1987

Someone please bring back the old mod. It worked fine. If the server is having issues then switch it to one of the other 5 or 6 COD4 servers we have that no one plays on.

THANKS!

• Member ID:  561
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  84
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5334
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Achievement Points:  41339
  • Days Won:  29
  • Birthday:  04/06/1992
  • Device:  Windows

Someone please bring back the old mod. It worked fine. If the server is having issues then switch it to one of the other 5 or 6 COD4 servers we have that no one plays on.

THANKS!

5672f0d04fdd4_04f.gif

This is not a mod issue and is affecting three servers, the crashes do not have a pattern and have no obvious cause. By all means if you can help out:

Faulting application name: iw3mp.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4859a219
Faulting module name: iw3mp.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4859a219
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0027ccaa
Faulting process id: 0x2510
Faulting application start time: 0x01d138ee5dbf1cdc
Faulting application path: C:\TCAFiles\Users\xi_cod4\1\iw3mp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\TCAFiles\Users\xi_cod4\1\iw3mp.exe
Report Id: b338235c-a4e1-11e5-93ef-0cc47a47eefd
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Actually. You are using the old mod. It has been rolled back to the way it was on November 2nd. Long before all these issues started happening. Which is why some of those debug messages are back. The reason was to see if any mod change made since that date were contributing to the problem.

In any case.... dont have a spaz and openly say peoples work is a piece of shit when everybody knows full well that the issues are being worked on from multiple angles. :2guns:

• Member ID:  1095
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3639
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Achievement Points:  24702
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/23/1979
  • Device:  Android

People are just fed up with the constant problems associated with developing the mod into something fresh. Before the mod started to get redeveloped into what we have today it ran fine, day after day, week after week. Mostly full and no issues.

Now players are dealing with bugs and issues daily which we all know naturally come with changing aspects of the mod, that can be expected and for the most part is accepted by all. But when you deal with these issues day after day since the mod started to get redeveloped then you start to get sick of it and posts like this pop up because all you want is to play the mod without having it lag, something not work etc etc. I cant remember the last time the MW2 FT server ran proper is another i hear alot.

By writing this i am in no way dissing Sammy, he does a great job, i certainly couldn't do it but i felt compelled to come get Panthers back on this before people crucify her because it is an issue. This server has been in a constant state of repair since redevelopment due to naturally having to iron bugs out that pop up from changing things and unfortunately cant be avoided.

Sure i agree "piece of shit" was a bit strong but this is what happens when people get frustrated, they snap and just say it how they perceive it.

MW2 ran for around 4 years no issues no complaints (maybe some about maps) but for the most part smooth sailing. Now, about a year (?) in redevelopment and nothing but complaints and issues which takes away from the reason we game, to relax and enjoy others company... you cant do that when people in the server complain about the mod all the time in TS because they experience the negative side of trying to play in a mod that is in a state of development.

At the end of the day its not the change of mod that's killing it for people, its the development stage. If say the mod was developed off site then introduced to our servers as a finished product there would be a small introductory whinge as people got used to the new mod then everything would be fine. But develop it on site and have everyone experience every bug and flaw along the way instead of having a place to play with no issues at all and you get what we have today, players fed up that just say it how it is and unfortunately offend people that have put a lot of work into it.

I'm just being honest, its not even my opinion, this is factually how it is right now...nothing Ive said here is a lie or an attack on anyone or the effort they put in. this is how it is with this mod at the present time. This will be how it is (complaints wise) until development is finished and finalized.

• Member ID:  1217
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  1596
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  14592
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/21/1978

@Sitting- duc and @@Sammy are trying to tell you it's not the mod it's from the server I think??? Because it's not just one server that's messed up it's 3 of them right now and they are trying to find out what's causing it ..... so plz sit back and hold your pants on tight ya'll  XoXo

• Member ID:  1733
  • Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  614
  • Achievement Points:  5925
  • Birthday:  10/14/1967

time for new service providers ??   again ??

@@NITRO While you actually have some valid and reasonable points - read the first line of my second post.

@@Giggles You read it!

@@Scoarch Not at this stage as it appears to be an OS issue

duc

Copy that, can not help though...when it comes to IT tech/coding etc ect i am pleb as they come, a lowly end user lol :lol:

@@NITRO

OK not the first line - the first six words.

duc

Also bear in mind I often hear "Sammy can you add this or that". Sometimes they are great ideas and I see what I can do. Other times they probably wouldnt be good for the game. Or others just arent feasible or possible.

In this particular case, there havent been any major changes done in awhile. Other than some minor additions it was bug fixes, various improvements to existing stuff, or adjusting things if they dont seem to work well for what their intended purpose was.  As for 'off site' development, where? And with whom? There is a nice thing about having it developed here. XI gets everything first before others do. Even if there are issues to work out while we go. One of those issues is whether or not YOU think it is fun and fair for everybody. Or if it not so fun then how to make it better so it is.

• Member ID:  3506
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  939
  • Birthday:  12/09/1974

What OS is the server running?

• Member ID:  3773
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3138
  • Content Per Day:  0.74
  • Achievement Points:  24456
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  11/03/1966

I know I speak for all of us >XI< rabid gamers when I say "Thanks, Admins., et al, for all of the hard work and long hours that you put into making the >XI< servers run as smoothly as you can."

The >XI< servers are fun to play, and are filled with unbelievably-beautiful >XI< ladies and stunningly-handsome >XI< ogres . . . I mean, "gentlemen."

You Admins. and programmers earn every darn-blasted red penny of your >XI< salaries.  We appreciate it.  Ayaq

• Member ID:  1510
  • Content Count:  613
  • Achievement Points:  5333
  • Birthday:  06/03/1987

I'm referring to the MOD that was in place like 3 MODs ago. But any who. I'm aware you're trying to fix it but it seems like the more you fuck with it the more it gets messed up. Remember that old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." 

I'm not saying anyone is a piece of shit or their work is a piece of shit. Don't get it twisted and make this problem a personal issue. I'm just tired of the server crashing everytime i play, not to mention the map downloads that pertain to the changes are killing my vibe.

I appreciate what you're doing to get it fixed and I understand that computer shit is super complicated. Thanks for dealing with my bullshit :D

Edited by SexPanther

@SexPanther

XI was built on modded servers - the mantra of if it ain't broke, don't fix it simply does not work here and never will. Each time we do a major upgrade we provide a server with the previous mod and it sits their dead. There is only so much pandering that can be done.

I suspect these latest problems have come from a Windows update concerning the running of x86 applications on x64 architecture. I am now sure it is not a modding problem after performing extensive troubleshooting.

To avoid any personal issues perhaps you should reconsider how you present your complaints - you may even consider that the people that work on our servers are more affected by crashes than the people that play.

@@NITRO

OK not the first line - the first six words.

duc

I understand, the "copy that" part of my response was in relation to it being a server issue. :) However, i thought that Sexpanthers post was more about the mod than the server so that is why i focused on that as the meat of my post.

Also bear in mind I often hear "Sammy can you add this or that". Sometimes they are great ideas and I see what I can do. Other times they probably wouldnt be good for the game. Or others just arent feasible or possible.

In this particular case, there havent been any major changes done in awhile. Other than some minor additions it was bug fixes, various improvements to existing stuff, or adjusting things if they dont seem to work well for what their intended purpose was.  As for 'off site' development, where? And with whom? There is a nice thing about having it developed here. XI gets everything first before others do. Even if there are issues to work out while we go. One of those issues is whether or not YOU think it is fun and fair for everybody. Or if it not so fun then how to make it better so it is.

By offsite i meant any other server apart from our day to day gaming servers (this most likely is not a feasible solution but it was a hypothetical scenario i spoke of anyways). Yes i agree that is a bonus that we get it before anyone else :thumbup: , i wanted to bring attention to the fact that the teething issues we experience from the development causes the complaints we see all the time (mod related prior to server issues).

I don't want anyone to take me the wrong way over this. I'm not against the new mod, quite the opposite i really enjoy it when it runs smooth, i guess the real reason for my initial post is that i can sympathize with people who just want to play instead of being a test case and finding/dealing with bugs as they play day to day. So when i saw Panthers post i assumed it was purely mod based (my bad?) and i felt compelled to somehow add weight to it in some form as sometimes people get shot down for voicing their opinion around here.

I think whether its fun and fair for everyone is up the individual. For me personally, i get fed up sometimes but i know in the end scenario its better for everyone, we get a cool mod and can say we have been a part of its development in house. That however still doesn't stop me from feeling compelled to have a whinge about it when i experience my fill of issues, we are human after all ;).

To be honest there is nothing you can do more Sammy, it is what it is and it will work out in the end. Sorry if i came across as having a go at you, there was no offense intended :)

Anyhow as duc said this is a server issue and so ive started off on the wrong tangent and so i will shut my purdy mouth now and be a good boy lol. :lol:

@@NITRO

Well that's one of the things that I have assumed with SexPanthers complaints.

Yeah the title specifies 'MW2' and concerns the mod - and yeah I could have assumed that she is referring to the mod itself which would limit the issues to gameplay and certain Lag/CI issues. I have made the assumption the complaint is over the server crashing repeatedly multiple times a day.

So perhaps this thread is at cross purposes. I am attempting to fix an issue that is affecting multiple servers in a serious manner - until such time as that is fixed all other problems such as mod features, (non serious) map issues and Lag/CI will be ignored

There is a ow2 test server and has been for long time.  It is used for major updates as opposed to incremental bug fixes for the main server.

Before the main server was switched over that one was used by myself and others that generously gave of their time to put it through its paces. Once things looked stable the main server was switched for a short time to see how it went. Often we dont really know until there are 72 hours of a full server and players doing all kinds of wacky shit that might have been missed. Cant plan for every conceivable scenario. If all goes without problems great. Otherwise step back, restore the previous mod (for awhile the b5 mod), make adjustments and repeat. To be honest there is another reason for the constant upgrades, so to speak. And that is to keep up with newer games as much as possible so the mod... and ftag itself... doesnt get stale. You tell me. Which mod makes for the better ftag game? OW2 or G13? Matter of opinion. My highly biased one is OW2. But I wont go to that server and say so their faces.

OW2 is the better IMO as well.

Edited by NITRO

• Member ID:  6
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11854
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106400
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  iPhone

Thanks Sammy and duc for working together on trying to figure out this very unusual issue. This isn't just your basic bad map, corrupted mod file issue. This is gonna take a lot of testing and trial and error to figure out the issue. But we have narrowed it down to non game server related, so we can focus on the dedicated windows server files now. 

Good luck you 2 and "May The Force Be With You"

• Member ID:  340
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1078
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  6669
  • Birthday:  06/21/1971

you IT guys are doing great work, and its well appreciated. :wub:  ​I play CoD  WaW until that tells me I am apparently two people :P then I switch back.

As long as its some form of cod i'm happy.

• Member ID:  2985
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1670
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  20177
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966

My two cents... First thank you to every one that puts lots of hours in to this server... I do truly miss it when it is down or not working well..... I guess I would just say this, too be a great server and place to come it has to be dependable and steady... What ever it takes that is a must.... As time goes on you always want to tweak and improve... But not loose that dependability in the process... Look at like cell phones.. No matter how good the hardware if the UI sucks no one buys them..... I really appreciate all the work you guys do, for me the average traffic that keeps numbers up.... Dependability over newness... The people here keep the fun going when were in a good server... Not the game having new stuff and not working..... Thank you and good luck....

Unless it's an iPhone.

And thanks I can use as much of the Force as I can get.

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone

THANKS!

@@SexPanther .. You FOUL mouth beeech..I would like to volunteer to SPANK her bare ASS real HARD.. :popo: