Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Crime in your area?

L!ckALotAPus

• Member ID:  21216
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1695
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15803
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/09/1966

• Member ID:  938
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4774
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  08/28/1972
  • Device:  Windows

Where are the parents doing the job of parenting?

• Member ID:  21216
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1695
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15803
  • Birthday:  02/09/1966

I heard 1 person say why should I teach hir how to spell hir name? they will teach hir when she is in the first grade. welcome to TN?

• Member ID:  23999
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  712
  • Birthday:  06/14/1988

I heard 1 person say why should I teach hir how to spell hir name? they will teach hir when she is in the first grade. welcome to TN?

This is true. I used to be a teacher, and this is a really common attitude among parents.

"I don't have to do it, since they'll teach it at school". They don't even care about teaching their kids basic values anymore.

And if the kid gets a bad grade, it's the teacher's fault - never the parent's.

Lazy parenting is the new thing.

• Member ID:  2048
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

we expose are kids to a very accepted violent society and video games  do desensitize all of us and especially the young impressionable minds that have been blowing heads off zombies since the could hold the controller .weve fkd up

this is interesting

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

@@1lost1 both parents have to work anymore to survive so the school systems are the baby sitters that raise our kids and day cares not the parents anymore.just look at the school systems anymore lol what a joke...................

• Member ID:  25938
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  1493
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Achievement Points:  13299
  • Birthday:  08/08/1961

Check out this link for crime reports in your area...USA/Canada and UK friendly...

https://www.crimereports.com/

aj

• Member ID:  23572
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  336
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1328
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  12762
  • Birthday:  07/03/1990

we expose are kids to a very accepted violent society and video games  do desensitize all of us and especially the young impressionable minds that have been blowing heads off zombies since the could hold the controller .weve fkd up

Video games don't cause people to be violent. I started playing Counter-Strike when I was very young around 8 years old or so. Parenting is the problem. My parents disciplined all 4 of their kids with physical punishment even though they could get in trouble for child abuse. My parents were very good caring parents and only 1 child out of 4 became a heroine addict with no future. Sometimes good parenting isn't enough. Sometimes it is the child's fault and the child cannot be guided because friends influence each other more than their parents. In my case my oldest brother influenced me more than anyone. My sister helped influence me too.

Parents can't stop you from what you want to do. My mom never wanted me to be in the military, but I've always wanted to be in the military since I was young and I joined the Army. Now my mom wants me to move back home and go to school or at least some where within a 10 hour drive. I'm moving to Austin, TX for school which is 25 hours from home. I am going to live in TX for the duration of my bachelor's degree.

Kids need a lot of care and discipline from their parents also from their older siblings if they have any.

Both of my parents worked, but my mom was always home shortly after I got home from elementary school. Most of my friend's had parents who both work but the mom or the dad set a work schedule around when their kids get home from school. Majority of parents where I grew up know their kids are more important than how many hours they work.

• Member ID:  938
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4774
  • Birthday:  08/28/1972

Idk, Mom and myself lay the laws in my house. The kids only fucked up once or twice they figured it out pretty quick, I never had to beat the little booger pickers sure wanted to at times.

We were and still are here to help the best we can even the grand baby is learning fast, her and her mother still live at home at 23.

I'm I too strict with them possibly but, I think they respect me and mom more now for being that way. Tough love the way I was raised the way I raise?

Oh the schools suck! I already want the grand daughter to be home schooled, that said I had all the teachers know they could at any time call us to alert us if Jr wanted to fuck off and they did but most were happy that I didn't expect them to raise the kids, it there job to teach abc123.

If the kids are taught respect early and you can show them that it works I feel that they will prosper in life. JMO

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

this is interesting

Bingo... 100%

Well said brother.

That video is freaking interesting. Very cool topic. 

Edited by hxtr

• Member ID:  23572
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  336
  • Content Count:  1328
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  12762
  • Birthday:  07/03/1990

this is interesting

Now that I had a chance to watch the video.

Who doesn't feel good when they succeed? A soldier's primary job is to kill. Doesn't matter if you are infantry, medic, signal, engineer, etc. everyone's primary job in the military is to kill. When you do your job well you enjoy it and get satisfaction out of doing a good job. Why shouldn't killing feel good if that is your job?

Let us go to home defense. You kill a burglar who was going to harm you and your family to get whatever the burglar was looking for. You feel good you killed the burglar to keep your family safe.

According to this video people who play violent video games and watch human suffering on shows or movies are more likely to kill. What if that person joins the military. This person should be even more likely to kill. Military personnel associated to all this violence early in their life development and are now in the military should have a very high chance of killing a harmless person within their own society.

This 11 year old kid killed someone who did not pose a threat. He just didn't get his way so he killed the person who wouldn't let him have what he wanted. The little girl could had easily of been one of his parents that didn't give him what he wanted or anyone else.

Violent deaths are neither random nor mysterious events. They occur within specific contexts and can be understood in light of the overall events of which they are a part. They are difficult to prevent because they often represent circumstances largely created by people who then react badly to those circumstances.

Homicide and suicide in the military have been less frequent than in civilian life. The circumstances of military and civilian deaths are similar with fact of being greater in number of relating to relationships or communication between people conflict and the notable exception of the lack of drug-related murders within the military. We find no evidence that the lethal violence that is the mission of the military is reflected in the lives and deaths of active duty military personnel.

• Member ID:  3506
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  939
  • Birthday:  12/09/1974

This is what you get when you have a society that gives trophies just for participation. Children today don't understand losing or not getting their way. Parents need to parent! You are not here to be their best friend. They get those in school. Occasionally, you have to whoop that ass! But as long as it is to correct behavior and comes from your love of your child as a parent then its ok. It never ok to beat them just because! Those of us raising kids now better step up or we are truly fucked!

• Member ID:  23940
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  370

Couldn't have said it better myself Mastiffking!!!

• Member ID:  1387
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  19552
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

Remembering to Teach the young How to Care for the Weakest among us now, will help when we are old and in-firmed. Imagine a society of people with 0% empathy taking care of the Sick and Old?

Parenting is the most important Job in our lives. Not only what we teach our kids, but what we learn about ourselves while we teach our kids.