Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

tubes

ReaPeR

• Member ID:  3453
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  668
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5126
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  04/22/1975

we should put suggestion up for vote and only people who play the mod can vote.  also as far jumping and shooting u could make the person jump their sight go crazy like when your getting mortared.

• Member ID:  824
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2144
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/08/1967
  • Device:  Windows

I am with pink on this one been playing here for 10 yrs and its never been this bad with tubes . the skill and team work has gone from the game . we  HAVE TUBES, PANZERS, and other rockets in the game why do with need all theses  take out the multi tube and just  have 1 shot panzers thats it . BRING BACK THE TEAM WORK AND SKILL BACK TO COD 4 ,  O AND BY THE WAY PINGLO U CAN  GO  FUCK   Y0URSELF  WITH THE TUBE !!! NO SKILLED FUCK

Edited by StanG

• Member ID:  79
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  222
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3395
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  29763
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/29/1977

what about a day with ONLY tubes?   that would be different.

Isn't that every day, whole day already? ... Sure feels that way, like i said before regular weapons become rare these days  :(

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone

I am with pink on this one been playing here for 10 yrs and its never been this bad with tubes . this skill and team work has gone from the game . we  HAVE TUBES, PANZERS, and other rockets in the game why do with need all theses  take out the multi tube and just  have 1 shot panzers thats it . BRING BACK THE TEAM WORK AND SKILL BACK TO COD 4 ,  O AND BY THE WAY PINGLO U CAN  GO  FUCK  OURSELF WITH THE TUBE !!! NO SKILLED FUCK

You guys are too funny..I lost count of the times I got tubed ,but, I also lost count of the times I have bag your asses before you tube me (funnier) and NO ones bitches about it..

Rugger...You the man brother.. :respect: Thank you for leaving this server alone, as you well  know, you can make ALL the changes you want to mod and start another server, at the END of the day though , We all play where the fun is, and tubing, skipping and ALL the other little things that make XI (Like making StanG rage quit after a tube) is what brings as back to that style of game play.

So I for one say...BRING ON THE TUBING @$#^%$$^$%%&%%^**^(( PLAYERS.. :rant:

I GOT 2 BIG BAGS!!!!   :rolleyes: 

I AM READY!!!!   :whip:  :2guns:

• Member ID:  3822
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  242
  • Achievement Points:  3027
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Android

I am with pink on this one been playing here for 10 yrs and its never been this bad with tubes . this skill and team work has gone from the game . we  HAVE TUBES, PANZERS, and other rockets in the game why do with need all theses  take out the multi tube and just  have 1 shot panzers thats it . BRING BACK THE TEAM WORK AND SKILL BACK TO COD 4 ,  O AND BY THE WAY PINGLO U CAN  GO  FUCK  OURSELF WITH THE TUBE !!! NO SKILLED FUCK

The radius of the emp in comparance with the tubes or grenades is indeed a lot less, and on cars they do not work at all in my opinion. If an emp falls a little bit away from the bubble it does not defrost, where a tube hits the other side of the wall and it kills you, a little bit overreacted in my opinion. They are way overpowered. Never in the 8-9 years that i am playing here has the Tubes been this overpowered and indeed in some maps ruining the fun for a decent game of Freezetag. 90% is using them now. Aiming and shooting will soon be something of the past. Also want to add that my predator is often (approx. 70%) of the time not killing enemies. I drop them near them, like right behind or infront and all i see is an X and nothing happens, also weird stuff. 

Isn't that every day, whole day already? ... Sure feels that way, like i said before regular weapons become rare these days  :(

I have to agree the amount of people using them now is ridiculous. It has driven some people away from the server, if only there were a way to limit how many can be  used per round.  Maybe setup a MW2 sever for those who don't want to deal with the tubes so much? Maybe even use the weapons from the CTF server lot's of people enjoy those

Edited by Thunder

• Member ID:  2986
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  206
  • Topic Count:  384
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6454
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Achievement Points:  50699
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  12/19/1967

we should put suggestion up for vote and only people who play the mod can vote.  also as far jumping and shooting u could make the person jump their sight go crazy like when your getting mortared.

Per Rugger, the MW2 mod will not be changed.  If you want another server to have these changes he will create one.  

57125614e876c_Capture.jpg

I will make another server and everyone who wants to try it can and maybe it will be a hit and if it is then the masses will start playing on that server. This new server can have any options you guys want to try on it, no tubes, infinite run, 1 shot 1 kill with any gun, no jumping at all.  Everyone ok with that? 

The problem is that if we start doing votes then everyone is gonna want votes for everything and its gonna cause people to start getting pissed off because they don't get what they want. 

Also trust me 100% this will not stop the bitching and whining, they will just start up about something on how they get killed and we will be voting on that and it will just keep going on and on and on and on

Let me know if you want a server created

Edited by Gatorgirl

• Member ID:  800
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6938
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  58177
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6093
  • Achievement Points:  51431
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981

It doesn't matter if you take tubes away, c4, nades, jumping. Someone will always complain about something. It is inevitable and probably rather tiresome to the admins.

If you dont particularly care what I think and what I saw after testing skip this...

---

Ok guys and gals I again ran some live tests today on a full server for explosives vs flak jackets for testing. To those that kept shooting me, I also had a good amount of body armor. Regular loadouts you cannot get both for obvious game balance reasons. But it allowed me to run around more. I did defrost to help keep the matches going.

My final score over several rounds was 1 and 65. The single kill was just to make sure things worked normally. I made it easy to get me at longer ranges. During all that time I was attacked by tubes only twice. One nade each time. Also not the 'constant tubes' thing since I didnt see all that many to begin with. Perhaps it depends on time of day and what players are on at the time? With more choosing tubes than the daytime crowd? I know some cant live without them. But that goes for every weapon and perk in the game. Some cannot live without stopping power or claymores. When I can, I will have to test again with night-time players to get a reasonable idea of that.

I survived both tubes tho one left me near death since it was very close. Normally both would have killed me. On the other hand I died by frags 6 for 6. I didnt get the opportunity to test against clays. Cars at my feet killed me. A couple times cars at a distance did not, but again leaving me near death. The one predator attack that landed right in front of me got me easily.  There were a couple cluster bomb strikes that I lived through but also left me near death. Or it took more than one bomblet to do it.

Final analysis: Keeping in mind health is 30, the flak jacket isnt very good at protecting against frags/semtex unless at a reasonable distance. It often works relatively well against streak weapons. It is very good against tubes so long as it isnt right at your feet or you dont get hit by two in a row. See the numbers in my previous post. Therefore, if you are playing a match full of noob tubers switch to the jacket for awhile. Adapt.  If there arent many get something else. So this option gives very good but not Godlike protection against most explosives. Use it. If you refuse to out of some kind of principle that is your choice.

Oh, and most of the time EMP nades were plenty close enough to defrost. When they werent I didnt take the time to aim properly.

This is the last I will say on both subjects.

Edited by Sammy

• Member ID:  2905
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2190
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  18662
  • Birthday:  02/26/1977

I have to agree with @P!nk , too many tubers, way too less normal guns.

can we try what she suggested plz?

i know exactly the situations she described, and many others on the server too...

and plz dont tell me what perks to choose to avoid this or that, i dont tell u which perks to choose as well... just in case someone is going to suggest smth like that again. thx.

Edited by KillerKitty

• Member ID:  800
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  6938
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  58177
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957

really...

Edited by BUDMAN

• Member ID:  2905
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2190
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  18662
  • Birthday:  02/26/1977

hey @@BUDMAN , this forum is here for such discussions and questions, learn to get along with that :harhar:

oh and ...... YES, REALLY :lol:

Edited by KillerKitty

• Member ID:  2986
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  206
  • Topic Count:  384
  • Content Count:  6454
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Achievement Points:  50699
  • Birthday:  12/19/1967

hey @@BUDMAN , this forum is here for such discussions and questions, learn to get along with that :harhar:

oh and ...... YES, REALLY :lol:

I understand your frustration.  @@Ruggerxi has already said that the MW2 server will remain AS IS.  If you would like another server to be created to have these specifications then please contact him and he will be glad to do it. :)

Edited by Gatorgirl

• Member ID:  340
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1078
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  6669
  • Birthday:  06/21/1971

hehe, was that to the tubes only day :P

LoL nnnoooo

• Member ID:  2048
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

howbout get rid of that fucken stupid rc car.you catn outrun the fkn thing its completly op and it ruins the game.i can shoot another but that fkn thing always gets me-illl bb to play ft when its gone

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974

Here is my suggestion..Bring down tubes to ONE..MOST people miss first shot any ways, need to readjust aim for second one. that should make most happy as less kill by tubes and more gun play..You still get to keep tube , just need care package

(resupply) for more tubes.

• Member ID:  2672
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  459
  • Birthday:  05/22/1974

Here is my suggestion..Bring down tubes to ONE..MOST people miss first shot any ways, need to readjust aim for second one. that should make most happy as less kill by tubes and more gun play..You still get to keep tube , just need care package

(resupply) for more tubes.

Personally I don't really have a problem with the tubes. it sucks, but so does getting shot or stabbed. just adjust your play. Maybe not run straight out in the open ( i still will but i'm stoopid)

This is an interesting idea, that might be a good solution. Or maybe it take a really long time to reload the 2nd one. if you almost got tubed and sit in the same spot and wait to get tubed a 2nd time, that's on you.

It's fun to me to readjust to some of the different perks people use. Now thanks to chile and his last stand, i now shoot enough to hopefully kill him D-E-A-D DEAD! I still fuck up and he'll still pistol me, but then hopefully I will learn.

I might be way wrong, but it seems with bunny hoppers (I do it now, cause it's just the way things are now) their hit boxes seem way smaller, but I'm guessing it's just cause it's moving and harder to miss. Maybe make them a bit easier to hit when they're jumping? like a toe shot will kill them but if you're jump shooting you have to headshot and torso.

On the other hand, it's still fun to play, and big deal if you die a bunch. 

As for the guy claiming about obvious cheaters, why haven't you recorded them and submitted then? I've spec'd all those guys, and some people are just better then others. I'll never be the best shot, but I can certainly help my team by defrosting them. That's why I've recently given up tubes and gone to emps. And it's obviously working, as 50% of the time I win every time.

One last point FUCK YOU BOOMBOOM!

Hit boxes are engine controlled. You hit, or you do not. Toe shots almost always kill with 30 health, barring body armor. The exception being pistols at a distance. One of the things I hate about this so-called 'hardcore' server. :lol:

• Member ID:  5468
  • Followers:  36
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  674
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6446
  • Birthday:  06/22/1965

I understand everyone's frustration with the tubes. As a Major toober (I don't yet compare with the Yaccmaster-toober), I'm open to the suggestion taht another second or two added to the reload time. Just don't take them out of the game.

For me the tube levels the playing field a bit. I don't have the shooting skills that many of you do. Most of my kills are spray and pray and I do really well when my opponents line up for me. So the tube is my go to weapon, but I'm good with a reload taking a bit longer.

And for the record Chile, I whine all the time about your bags. Please wash those shriveled up raisins once in awhile.

Edited by Wild Fire

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Content Count:  3345
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  45204
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  Macintosh

I am the SkillCannon Master General and I approve this message!

As a Major toober (I don't yet compare with the Yaccmaster-toober)

• Member ID:  3791
  • Followers:  48
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  846
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  8884
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/29/1970

How bout bring the china lake back so you have to wait to reload like smaw and rpg? 

• Member ID:  3822
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  242
  • Achievement Points:  3027

How bout bring the china lake back so you have to wait to reload like smaw and rpg? 

that i agree with

• Member ID:  7547
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  714
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5030
  • Birthday:  07/10/1984

I think the major problem with the tube is that it takes zero seconds to reload. You can double tap tube someone and that means even with flak jacket you have a pretty slim chance of survival.

Not that anyone will take any notice of this post as it's apparently just moaning about tubes

Edited by Onyx