Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

My heart aches.

RANDALL

• Member ID:  2582
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  778
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  6919
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  07/22/1991

The past eight months have been really hard on me. My father passed away, I had to put my dog to sleep, and I had to move out of the house I grew up in. A girl that I work with has helped me get through these hard times. She has had a boyfriend all along, but just being able to talk to her, have lunch with her occasionally, and go to company events with her has really helped me. Just being around her makes me happy and I look forward to seeing her everyday. However, today she told me she found a new job and she's moving away. I will enjoy these next two weeks with her the best I can, but my heart fell through the floor today when she told me. The timing couldn't be any worse for me, but the words of one of my favorite songs comforts me, "I know the sun will set to rise." I hope the sun comes out for me soon. This has been a lot for my heart to handle. I don't have anything to look forward to once she is gone. I hope I can find an amazing girl like her. At least she has shown me what to look for.

• Member ID:  2985
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  20170
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966
  • Device:  Android

Randall ole buddy, Yes its me, Angus... You know the one  that cusses at you, calls you names and gives you a hard time.. I Just wanted to tell you to keep your head up and stand tall and let the sad things in life slide off... I know that's easier said then done, Don't forget! just let go al ittle more each day. But just don't worry about the things you can't change... I will say I can't imagine loosing a mother or father.. But as we get older life takes things from us that we love  to make us who we really are.. It's another test in life for you to see how you handle it and how you get through it.... Don't know your relationship with your dad, But live your life like he would have wanted you too.. Full , Strong and with purpose.... Your a bright kid and a have long life in front of you, Focus on that and the rest will happen, Trust me... A woman will come along that will fill that need ,  Someone else will come along long like your Dad and you will learn from them. things will happen one day after another  and so on and you will get through it.. Just stay positive. And if you haven't ,Go save a dog, Pound dog, That no body wants and claim him as yours, Start this new chapter in your life with a new friend... Take care head up.... p.s I wasn't a English major , So ignore the long sentences.. lol

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6417
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Achievement Points:  54334
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965
  • Device:  Windows

Times have been troubling for many of us here this year....Just remember when a door closes there will be a new one to open

It sure sounds like she has gave you what you need to look for and I pray that you take her kindness and find someone special to share 

it with

I am very sure your father is looking down on you and he may help guide you along the way

"There is hidden blessings behind every storm and there will be sunshine after the rain"

Author : Teresa S Taylor

I will keep you in my Thoughts and Prayers

• Member ID:  2985
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  20170
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyBvbot3emM  Just thought for your age this would be good to listen too... and funny

Edited by ANGU5

• Member ID:  2672
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  459
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/22/1974

Sorry you're going through all this. Stay strong. Let us know if you need anything.

• Member ID:  5468
  • Followers:  36
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  674
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6446
  • Birthday:  06/22/1965

Sorry to heat this Randall. There is an excellent article in the LA Times regarding the Coomencement speech given by Sheryl Sandberg at Berkeley. It is very timely given your situation.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-sheryl-sandberg-commencement-address-transcript-20160514-story.html

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

The past eight months have been really hard on me. My father passed away, I had to put my dog to sleep, and I had to move out of the house I grew up in. A girl that I work with has helped me get through these hard times. She has had a boyfriend all along, but just being able to talk to her, have lunch with her occasionally, and go to company events with her has really helped me. Just being around her makes me happy and I look forward to seeing her everyday. However, today she told me she found a new job and she's moving away. I will enjoy these next two weeks with her the best I can, but my heart fell through the floor today when she told me. The timing couldn't be any worse for me, but the words of one of my favorite songs comforts me, "I know the sun will set to rise." I hope the sun comes out for me soon. This has been a lot for my heart to handle. I don't have anything to look forward to once she is gone. I hope I can find an amazing girl like her. At least she has shown me what to look for.

That is a bucket list of stuff Randall. Glad she was there for you and sucks she cant be your girl friend. You got this though. Your dad I am sure is trying to help you. You will have to listen for his advice. Guaranteed he is there. 

Putting your dog down.. that is another hard one. Glad you gave your dog a loving home. 

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone

Hang in there brother, like Angus says, Life is a big circle, you are down now but soon will be your turn on top..Glad you found that  there are GREAT women out there bud, yours will be around the corner soon, God will reward you soon brother.

For now you can be my personal nurse in game ,will have some laughs there..  :lol:

• Member ID:  390
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  4251
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Achievement Points:  35625
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

You got this stay strong! Don't search she will come to you I promise you this!

• Member ID:  1217
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1596
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  14592
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/21/1978

Life is hard but when we are down it seems the best things come to use !! Keep your chin up and know you have a few hundred friends cheering you on and praying for you. God Bless and much love <3

Thank you all so much. I love being a part of XI. We are all here for each other. You all have helped me so much. @@Unchileno , Chile you cheered me up last night. I needed a good laugh. @@hxtr The night before I found out she got a new job, I felt my Dad's presence as I was laying in bed. It was a feeling I hadn't felt in a while, almost as if he gave me a hug. My Dad was everything to me, my role model. I miss him everyday. I feel like he was trying to comfort me. @@ANGU5 Thank you for your advice.

Life is hard but when we are down it seems the best things come to use !! Keep your chin up and know you have a few hundred friends cheering you on and praying for you. God Bless and much love <3

Thank you, @@Giggles.

@@Mule I hope you are right.

Checking in with you Randall. How goes it bud?

You got this stay strong! Don't search she will come to you I promise you this!

yea because of this jackass can get a girl and Idiot can. 

• Member ID:  25938
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  1493
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Achievement Points:  13299
  • Birthday:  08/08/1961

Sorry to hear about your dad and puppy...the girl is a easy fix...get another girlfriend (preferably one of her good friends) and she will come running back.

A couple of things I have learned in my 54 years on earth...

1. Hell is real.

2. Heaven is real.

3. Life on planet earth is not fair.

4. Women want what they can't have.

Good luck,

nj

Checking in with you Randall. How goes it bud?

@@hxtr I had lunch with her on Monday, just the two of us. I thanked her for everything and had a nice talk. Had lunch with her today too at a company meeting, and will sit with her at another lunchtime meeting tomorrow. I took a picture with her today, and I will try to get two group pictures tomorrow. The plan is to develop them tomorrow after work and give them to her in a thank you/good luck card on Thursday. My schedule isn't set for Friday, so I will have to say goodbye Thursday. There is a chance I could see her Friday, and I know I will want to if I can, but I won't find out until after work Thursday. It would seem odd if I didn't. I know it will be hard for me to say goodbye, but I hope it is a goodbye for now, not a goodbye forever. That is up to the man upstairs. :smiling: So far so good. Thanks for checking in, I appreciate it, @@hxtr !

@@hxtr I had lunch with her on Monday, just the two of us. I thanked her for everything and had a nice talk. Had lunch with her today too at a company meeting, and will sit with her at another lunchtime meeting tomorrow. I took a picture with her today, and I will try to get two group pictures tomorrow. The plan is to develop them tomorrow after work and give them to her in a thank you/good luck card on Thursday. My schedule isn't set for Friday, so I will have to say goodbye Thursday. There is a chance I could see her Friday, and I know I will want to if I can, but I won't find out until after work Thursday. It would seem odd if I didn't. I know it will be hard for me to say goodbye, but I hope it is a goodbye for now, not a goodbye forever. That is up to the man upstairs. :smiling: So far so good. Thanks for checking in, I appreciate it, @@hxtr !

way to go... and you never say goodbye... you say see you later. ;)

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6514
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63335
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

Randall my friend! I can tell you without a doubt the best is in front of you! Six years ago I lost everything I had and my electricity was turned off. My wife left and I was all by myself to find my way back to the living. My brother who went through much of what I did told me there is a light at the end of the tunnel and some days you will wonder where it is. I did. One day I was walking home with my knees giving out on me and I told the MAN upstairs I needed help and I needed it fast. I had wandered the streets for 2 years as staying at home during the day time just was not my cup of tea. I proceeded home after stopping and resting countless times and when I opened the mailbox there was the answer to my prayers. I now have my granddaughter living with me 3-4 days a week and I had thought I would never have any grand kids. She is the apple of my eye and a year ago I was blessed with the second grand daughter via my daughter. Life is good, not perfect but good! Soon tho it will be perfect! Hang in there my friend and you will not regret it and it will turn good for you!

@@hxtr I didn't say goodbye, I wished her good luck in the future, have a nice summer, and I hope I can see her again sometime. I really wanted to ask for her phone number to stay in touch, but she is leaving to move in with her boyfriend and start a new job to be with him, so I didn't think it was appropriate. Instead, I wrote her a nice thank you and good luck card, and gave her my phone number, in case she ever needed me or wanted to talk. I left it up to her. As hard as it is to feel this empty feeling now, at least I was able to take a few pictures with her. Pictures always remind you of good times. I really wanted to have a way to contact her, she has been a good friend. She came into my life when I wasn't expecting her, but I needed her, and I am happy to have met such an amazing girl. A true angel, and I told her that. I wished her the best of luck and happiness and that I will always care about her for what she has done for me.

Edited by RANDALL

@@hxtr I didn't say goodbye, I wished her good luck in the future, have a nice summer, and I hope I can see her again sometime. I really wanted to ask for her phone number to stay in touch, but she is leaving to move in with her boyfriend and start a new job to be with him, so I didn't think it was appropriate. Instead, I wrote her a nice thank you and good luck card, and gave her my phone number, in case she ever needed me or wanted to talk. I left it up to her. As hard as it is to feel this empty feeling now, at least I was able to take a few pictures with her. Pictures always remind you of good times. I really wanted to have a way to contact her, she has been a good friend. She came into my life when I wasn't expecting her, but I needed her, and I am happy to have met such an amazing girl. A true angel, and I told her that. I wished her the best of luck and happiness and that I will always care about her for what she has done for me.

Great job. She was lucky to have you has a friend as well. Hope the moving in with a boy friend and their job works out for her. 

It is nice to care about someone. Now you know what you are looking for in a person. Good luck Randall.

@@hxtr Thank you!