Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

UK out of the EU

codpiece

• Member ID:  21410
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  613
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/14/1972
  • Device:  Windows

Fuck Globalists.... this is an attack on them. 

<sarcasm> Yeah why don't all go back to the 1980's. Isolate themselfes from the rest of the world and be "proud" of their countries. Need visa to travel and pay high prices for foreign goods. Thats the way to go! </sarcasm>

Congrats to half of the Brits who now for a brief moment get to feel good about themselfes before it all goes south.

I would laugh my arse off when Scotland leaves the UK and rejoins the EU. How do you call themselfes then "Not so Great Britain", "The Country formerly known as Great Britain" ...?

Anyway for everyones sake I hope (even if unlikely) that you pull through the mess and come out of it at least on nearly the same level in 10 years or so.

Edited by M0stlyHarmless

Awards

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

An interesting point. At the time, did these same people support Scotland?

• Member ID:  23961
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  484
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  3415
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

Mostlyharmless, it won't happen. If Scotland votes independence from the UK, they have to reapply for the EU. It will be the same terms as the vote before, so they leave the UK, forcefully exited from the EU as a result, then become a low level nation like latvia and lithuania into the EU, forced into accepting the euro and schendgen. They'd be in a cluster fuck of a situation.

Northern Ireland however are in a unique position and opportunity to vote for independence and then integration into Ireland as a whole.

Edited by netphlix_n_chill

Awards

Mostlyharmless, it won't happen. If Scotland votes independence from the UK, they have to reapply for the EU. It will be the same terms as the vote before, so they leave the UK, forcefully exited from the EU as a result, then become a low level nation like latvia and lithuania into the EU, forced into accepting the euro and schendgen. They'd be in a cluster fuck of a situation.

Northern Ireland however are in a unique position and opportunity to vote for independence and then integration into Ireland as a whole.

There are no low level EU members and no one can be forced to get the EUR or enter Shengen. But most countries who joined did apply to just get that.

Awards

• Member ID:  23961
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  484
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  3415
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

All countries applying after 2009 must agree to accept schendgen and the adoption of euro no later than 20 years after acceptance to the EU. There was a panorama episode on this a little while back when Scotland had their independence referendum. Countries that applied before 2009 are not subject to the euro currency conversion.

Edit

By low level I mean non-veto nations.

Edited by netphlix_n_chill

Awards

• Member ID:  220
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.18
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

<sarcasm> Yeah why don't all go back to the 1980's. Isolate themselfes from the rest of the world and be "proud" of their countries. Need visa to travel and pay high prices for foreign goods. Thats the way to go! </sarcasm>

Congrats to half of the Brits who now for a brief moment get to feel good about themselfes before it all goes south.

I would laugh my arse off when Scotland leaves the UK and rejoins the EU. How do you call themselfes then "Not so Great Britain", "The Country formerly known as Great Britain" ...?

Anyway for everyones sake I hope (even if unlikely) that you pull through the mess and come out of it at least on nearly the same level in 10 years or so.

I would say if you look at Germany self inflected immigration problem you would see damn good and well why they left.

Now go back to doing what the Bankers tell you to do. ;)  

I would say if you look at Germany self inflected immigration problem you would see damn good and well why they left.

Now go back to doing what the Bankers tell you to do. ;)

What immigration problem?

Awards

• Member ID:  20681
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  192

You're making an assumption that Scotland would be applying to join the EU as a new country. There's every likelihood that an independent Scotland would now be able to inherit some part of the UK's existing (and otherwise soon to be abandoned) membership.

Don't forget, Scot's are EU citizens right up until the UK concludes Section 50 of the treaty of Lisbon - meaning there is now time for serious negotiation in the clear knowledge that England/Wales (with a few regional exceptions) have decided they want to leave - though not as strongly (per head of capita) as Scots said they wanted to stay.

I can imagine the EU being quite keen to cut such a deal in order to retain strong links with the part of the UK with all the valuable natural resources.

The 2014 Independence referendum was lost in large part by the threat of that Scotland would have an uncertain future in Europe in the event of independence. At this stage, and with no lack of irony, the exact opposite is the case - it is now 100% CERTAIN that Scotland's future lies separate from Europe unless they actively pursue a deal with the EU to take effect following a 2nd, this time successful vote for independence.

Awards

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14304
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996

Really?? Chances of that happening are insane sure, too many complications there. I literally cant see that happening :lol:

Edited by Barron3000

What immigration problem?

You don't have an immigration problem. you don't have all these rapping and beating happening?

My bad you must be from a different Germany.  

Following blindly with these politician puppets is putting everyone on the planet in danger. We here in the USA are just as guilty. Can see not see the puppet master have been destabilizing the world? I can start naming counties.... how about the latest and greatest one.. Venezuela. Tell me you know what is going on there. They are just south of Mexico south of me. Where do you think them people are headed. Up here to us. 

You dont see they destabilized the middle east so all them people flood Europe?

If you cant see this then you are not seeing what is happening. Europe is going to be replaced by your immigration problem which is only getting started.

Makes me angry you guys let that happen. I love Germany and it will never be the same.  

I suppose we in the states have a little different view, mostly. Took a long time and struggle but there was a before and after. Whether or not you thought of yourself as state first (Virginian or New Yorker) and American second. I dont recall who said it but there is quote. There came a time where it changed from the United States 'are' to 'is'. It was an interesting observation. Was the EU ever truly an 'is'? Reading comments here, and elsewhere, it almost sounds like many in the UK sorta long for the 'good ol days' and see the EU as stopping them.

Harsh truth? Europe has too many former empires with histories of better days.  In their hearts they want to call the shots. The people that voted yes, ask them why. We face the same problems here. Much worse than you do. We argue among ourselves much more than you do. We have more illegals here than the entire number that voted in your 'referendum' and its a big problem. But we arent leaving over them.

• Member ID:  7547
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  714
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5030
  • Birthday:  07/10/1984

I was literally woken up this morning from 20 news notifications from sky news regarding the brexit. I was shocked at the outcome at didnt expect it at all.

Me personally I wanted the UK to leave the EU to at least send out a stronger message to the EU about some of its strict policies and corruption. But I didnt expect the UK to leave as I had a feeling just like with the Scottish Referendum last year that people would panic at the last second and remain to stay but boy was I surprised at the outcome today.

With Britian succesfully leaving with over 16m votes from the public I can see now that other countries will attempt to leave the EU too. People beforehand were even saying that once Britian leaves it could be the beginning of the fall of the EU.

All I know is that finanically its going to be quite expensive over the next coming months. Ireland will suffer greatly I reckon with exports/imports from the UK and they were even talks of possibly putting border patrols back up between Northern Ireland and Ireland which hasnt been in operation in over 80 years.

It will be defintely interesting to see what happens in the next coming weeks regarding the UK and the EU

Border patrols between the north and south only ceased after the good Friday agreement of 1998. I've travelled from North to south hundreds of times over my short life. Border patrols will ofcourse be setup again as we the north will no longer be part of the EU.

We did, however, as a country vote to remain in the EU and were unfortunately dragged out by the English vote.

The referendum has managed to separate our wee country again after decades of negotiations and work to unite the nationalist and unionist people here.

The English didn't think nor care about the consequences of their ill informed votes.

Not to mention that Farage came out not two hours after the results were announced and said that the main advert of his campaign, that the nhs would get an extra £350million per week funding was a load of bullshit.

So in essence, they leave campaign lied to the public and now we're pretty much fucked.

So yeah........thanks to all who voted to leave for destroying decades of hard work and plunging us in to the unknown, good work!

Edited by Onyx

Maybe Scotland will be asking for a do over.

Maybe Scotland will be asking for a do over.

Scotland will be asking for a do over.. will they be smart is the question. 

Higher prices is not a bad thing.

• Member ID:  5470
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  371
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2482
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Achievement Points:  22894
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/17/1968

Can we make a Sammy Hxtr forum? I'll throw the first piece of meat in there and then they can argue about it for days.

To tell you the truth I really like Sammy... he is one smart fucking guy we all should know that. 

Where he is spending his attention may be in question. ;)

One thing for sure.. Sammy and I want the same thing. Peace... love and prosperity.

Heehee. I can be very opinionated when the mood strikes me. Good natured here because good people here. But opinionated. :respect:

But other places? I cant abide hypocrites or people that are way too full of themselves.

Anyways, yep they are talking about another vote because the last one... which didnt lose by much... was predicated on the UK staying in. From what I read anyways. And yep the loony American 'secession' fringe is out again.

Heehee. I can be very opinionated when the mood strikes me. Good natured here because good people here. But opinionated. :respect:

But other places? I cant abide hypocrites or people that are way too full of themselves.

Anyways, yep they are talking about another vote because the last one... which didnt lose by much... was predicated on the UK staying in. From what I read anyways. And yep the loony American 'secession' fringe is out again.

No matter the consequences......... it was the right choice.

Sammy.......... you are so humble. lol

• Member ID:  1238
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Well they never did switch from pound to euro so I guess this was coming sooner or later. Perhaps it will strengthen UK, rather then them redistribute wealth to poorer EU nations (Greece ect.).

Are the Scottish happy with this, or do they still want independence?

Every area in Scotland voted to remain.  Gibraltar also did. As a proportion of the UK population, their electorate is tiny but they are governed by a devolved Scottish Nationalist government that is now seeking a second referendum to remove the country from the UK.  Were they to do so and sought to join the EU, the current terms of membership require the Euro...

• Member ID:  1942
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  142
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1423
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  10842
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/21/1965

My shares are down about $5K today because of the Brexit  :rant:

They will go back up

• Member ID:  1942
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  142
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1423
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  10842
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/21/1965

Every area in Scotland voted to remain.  Gibraltar also did. As a proportion of the UK population, their electorate is tiny but they are governed by a devolved Scottish Nationalist government that is now seeking a second referendum to remove the country from the UK.  Were they to do so and sought to join the EU, the current terms of membership require the Euro...

That is wrong as they promised after the last referendum to never raise the issue of independence again and as soon as they voted to remain part of the UK they started again.......... Besides Europe WILL NOT have them and they couldn't afford the membership fee, Other coutries has been trying to gain entry to the EU for years, what makes Scotland any different or special?. The Scottish National Party are a joke and need to be reminded of the pledge they made before the last vote took place. Before anyone starts to have a dig, I am SCOTTISH and also BRITISH and proud to be part of the UK. I certainly didn't spend almost 30 years of my life serving Queen and Country to have this discussion yet again............... SCOTS voted once they need to have their decision respected and not forced upon them once again because the SNP (clue is in their name) didn't get the result they wanted the last time!!!!!

• Member ID:  23031
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  36

A move fuelled by xenophobia and ind misinformation. People thinking they are getting some sort of sovereignty back. 

• Member ID:  20681
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  192

That is wrong as they promised after the last referendum to never raise the issue of independence again and as soon as they voted to remain part of the UK they started again.......... Besides Europe WILL NOT have them and they couldn't afford the membership fee, Other coutries has been trying to gain entry to the EU for years, what makes Scotland any different or special?. The Scottish National Party are a joke and need to be reminded of the pledge they made before the last vote took place. Before anyone starts to have a dig, I am SCOTTISH and also BRITISH and proud to be part of the UK. I certainly didn't spend almost 30 years of my life serving Queen and Country to have this discussion yet again............... SCOTS voted once they need to have their decision respected and not forced upon them once again because the SNP (clue is in their name) didn't get the result they wanted the last time!!!!!

Promises? If we're talking promises then we could discuss the promise that "the only way to guarantee Scotland's continued membership in Europe is to vote No" in said referendum - a point that was laboured heavily here, and in no small way contributed to a vote for the status quo.

Yet lo and behold, here we are, 18 months later - being dragged out of Europe despite a huge majority of Scots voting against the move. Broken promises cut both ways.

Do the Scots hate the rest of the UK? Fuck no. Do we hate being pulled around on wild jingoistic adventures like this because there happen to be too few of us to influence the collective regardless of how we vote? Hell yes.

Awards

You don't have an immigration problem. you don't have all these rapping and beating happening?

My bad you must be from a different Germany.  

Following blindly with these politician puppets is putting everyone on the planet in danger. We here in the USA are just as guilty. Can see not see the puppet master have been destabilizing the world? I can start naming counties.... how about the latest and greatest one.. Venezuela. Tell me you know what is going on there. They are just south of Mexico south of me. Where do you think them people are headed. Up here to us. 

You dont see they destabilized the middle east so all them people flood Europe?

If you cant see this then you are not seeing what is happening. Europe is going to be replaced by your immigration problem which is only getting started.

Makes me angry you guys let that happen. I love Germany and it will never be the same.  

No, Germany has no immigration problem. We have a lot of refugees which are seeking asylum. They are not immigrants. And they are not a problem. In fact we took in about 1Mio refugees in one year. Many of them get their application for asylum rejected because they are economical refugees and not war refugees.

Germany will even benefit from those who will stay. Most of them are young, they are going to be educted in Germany or they are already well educated. They are going to be valuable for our economy, demographics and society. Germany as a whole is not afraid of them. We have a potential of 10% - 15% xenophobic voters in Germany. But that is fading at the moment because the refugee issue turns out to be not a problem.

What you repeat about raping and so on is right wing populist rhetoric and prophaganda with no grounds of truth. There were only two bigger incident in Cologne and Hamburg where a few hundred refugees and other people gathered and some of them harrassed women and pick pocketed. There was no raping involved.

In Germany as in many other countries xenophobia only exists among those who have barely or never been in contact with people from other countries and cultures. Look at the votes in London. The majority of all immigrants in the UK lives and works in London. London clearly voted Remain.

___________________________________________-

Another alarming thing about the referendum is this: Link

google.JPG

It shows that probably Brexit voters who fell for the exaggerated populist claims of the Brexit campain are now - after the vote - actually being interested what they really voted for.

One thing is clear these days, whether it's in the US or in the UK. Stupid has the numbers. (no offense)

Questions with this kind of impact on not only the own country  and the EU but basically the whole world should not be decided in referendums by ordinary half informed people who decide subjectively and not rational. Who mostly don't care about the ramifications and the future etc.

Without any judgement:

Statistic says that UK's

young people voted remain

That educated people voted remain

That less educated people voted leave

That older people voted leave

One last thing:

A referendum like this can not happen in Germany. Decisions on this level are being made by the "Bundestag" (German Parliament). The members of the parliament are being elected by all German citizens over 18 every 4 years.

Awards

Why would they let Scotland in? As a big fuck you to the UK.