Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Highway Development and Eminent Domain

CrazyCoder

• Member ID:  21114
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  634
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Doesn't seem odd that the government doesn't seems to have any interest in making more major highways?

I mean we got tons of people unemployed and a massive food stamps debt. Why not get the construction workers out and build more highways?

Pennsylvania has plenty of open spacing to expand it's highway system especially in Lancaster and York Counties since there are inbound counties. New Jersey needs more major highways too, as the shore traffic is insane sometimes.

If the government offers three times market price for rural land to expand highways, why shouldn't they force residences to take it or leave it. As long as they are only using it for municipal needs and not private enterprise. Then they have just cause, right?

More highways would attract more inbound residences, rather then people fleeing NJ + PA on average. 

Sorry Gun Touting Fanatics and Farmers, if we need more highways get over it. Take off the tin foil hats, there is no government conspiracy with building more highways in Oregon.

I would use Google Maps to make proposed highways, but I doubt NJ + PA Gov would listen to a random civilian. Maybe it's worth a shot submitting a Google Maps file to them?

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

People dont want to pay for it.

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.19
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

Doesn't seem odd that the government doesn't seems to have any interest in making more major highways?

I mean we got tons of people unemployed and a massive food stamps debt. Why not get the construction workers out and build more highways?

Pennsylvania has plenty of open spacing to expand it's highway system especially in Lancaster and York Counties since there are inbound counties. New Jersey needs more major highways too, as the shore traffic is insane sometimes.

If the government offers three times market price for rural land to expand highways, why shouldn't they force residences to take it or leave it. As long as they are only using it for municipal needs and not private enterprise. Then they have just cause, right?

More highways would attract more inbound residences, rather then people fleeing NJ + PA on average. 

Sorry Gun Touting Fanatics and Farmers, if we need more highways get over it. Take off the tin foil hats, there is no government conspiracy with building more highways in Oregon.

I would use Google Maps to make proposed highways, but I doubt NJ + PA Gov would listen to a random civilian. Maybe it's worth a shot submitting a Google Maps file to them?

Dont listen to Sammy. Hes an Idiot. Of course we want to play for more roads and fix our bridges. 

It is like this. Liberal's have money for things like $15 an hour and Planned Parent hood but he for Obama for the 3rd time in a row is cutting pay for our military.

It is a shift of priorities. Pay for shit we dont need... welfare.. other.. let the infrastructure crumble killing as many jobs as you can with that $15 an hour raise so our country goes to shit. Z

Part of the Globalist plan. 

I have a theory. I think once we get closer to figuring out this Matrix.. technology and other.. we end up destroying ourselves to keep it a secret. 

• Member ID:  478
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2276
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I see a ton of $$ being spent on road and bridge repair in Ohio and Michigan. In northwest OH alone, I think the number is $100 million over the last few years.

Awards

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Typically paid for by 'bonds'. Thats called having your cake and eating it too.

• Member ID:  842
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965

Well here in NJ they cannot do anymore road work after July 1 because they only have enough in the budget to cover the bond payment that is due. No more roadwork.

Oh wait let's raise the tax on gasoline .23 that will do it.

Now I have heard that to repair route 35 from point pleasant to island beach it came in at a cost of 27000000 yes twenty seven million dollars a mile after hurricane sandy.

They bleed us dry.

Edited by deerejon

• Member ID:  25938
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  1493
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Achievement Points:  13299
  • Birthday:  08/08/1961

You want to spend more money on highway construction?? Here is a stellar idea...why not get the 8 guys standing around watching 1 man sweep a bridge to actually do something?? I travel a lot for my work and EVERY time I go through a "construction" zone I always see more men standing around than actually working.

Spits on the ground and walks away.....

johnny

• Member ID:  25938
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  1493
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Achievement Points:  13299
  • Birthday:  08/08/1961

Took this picture a few months ago...of course there was miles of backed up traffic....

johnny

post-21190-0-41294000-1466859897_thumb.jpg

• Member ID:  21114
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  634

Johnny brought up a good point. The Gov needs workers to actually work, not get paid whether you do or not. Instead of hiring Unionized people with "diplomatic immunity" or "Unofficial Tenure", they should subcontract the job to private enterprise. If they slack off, terminate contract and sub out to next company?

Though it was just to power companies in New Jersey that slacked off like that. Hiding in shopping centers and going to Dunkin Donuts whenever.

Got nothing against workers rights via unions but this immunity from getting fired has got to go.

But don't worry guys, once the economy goes belly up. The Country will go Fascist or Communist. In a Communist country, everyone works. Each according to their abilities and their needs. In Soviet America, Revolution finds YOU !!!

But all kidding aside, we shouldn't have to go Communist to solve this.