Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Need Alpha testers for our RTS/FPS hybrid game "Abatron"

TamaraRyan

• Member ID:  24756
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  38
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hi there,
  I'm a community manager for the game Abatron, which is an RTS/FPS hybrid and we're currently looking for playtesters. I was recently made aware of this community through twitter and thought you all might be interested in participating. 

U2KYhcEl.png

A quick summary of Abatron is that you are in charge of your base and creating buildings and units to defend against enemies. However, at any time you can jump into any unit you have and start playing in FPS mode. Each unit has their own set of abilities that can be leveled up and unlocked. Currently it is only a multiplayer game and can have up to 6 players at a time.

JeiyRXcl.png
2iP4nWYl.png
4fcpmCDl.jpg

You can check out more on our website: http://www.abatrongame.com

Hopefully that gives you a bit of an idea about the game and how it's played. If it look interesting to you, we'd love to have you for the Alpha testing coming up. The process for participating looks like this:

Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter: http://www.abatrongame.com/newsletter
Subscribers will be sent a survey to determine the best play times at the end of this month
Once a schedule is created, all survey participants will be notified
Scheduled play times are not required, however it will help guarantee that more players will be online.

And that's it! I know some of you probably stream or make videos, so you probably want to know if you can create content while playing. THE ANSWER IS YES! There will be no NDA during the playtest, so you can feel free to stream, make videos, etc. 

Thanks so much to all who sign up, and please let me know if you have any questions.

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

XI is becoming famous I see. Hopefully the game will include some aspects that will strongly encourage creating buildings and defenses. People tend to ignore such things and are drawn to strictly fps. Like moths to a flame saying 'go into the light'. They just cant stop themselves even if it means they get burned. :lol:

XI is becoming famous I see. Hopefully the game will include some aspects that will strongly encourage creating buildings and defenses. People tend to ignore such things and are drawn to strictly fps. Like moths to a flame saying 'go into the light'. They just cant stop themselves even if it means they get burned. :lol:

Haha, when I play I tend to create a lot of units and walls. If you focus on spawning a bunch of the same type of unit, their home building gets leveled up. And in turn, the units produced from that building are stronger and more resilient with each level. So it's definitely a good idea to focus on the RTS side of things. 

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

That should help. To really work tho it might also require doing that with player weapons. No ranking up unlocks. Every match every player starts off with the basics but you get more options as you build or maintain your defenses. However all weapons are available on day one. That might not be popular. For all the complaints about games always being the same they get upset when the fundamentals are messed with. So all I can say is best of luck trying to get players out of their day in and day out comfort zones. :lol:

For all the complaints about games always being the same they get upset when the fundamentals are messed with. So all I can say is best of luck trying to get players out of their day in and day out comfort zones. :lol:

Yeah, our game is certainly going to be different than the norm. So we're prepared for some haters, but we're also hoping to draw people in with something new. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, just wanted to share with you our brand new teaser trailer. Hope you all enjoy it!

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.19
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

Hi there,
  I'm a community manager for the game Abatron, which is an RTS/FPS hybrid and we're currently looking for playtesters. I was recently made aware of this community through twitter and thought you all might be interested in participating. 

U2KYhcEl.png

A quick summary of Abatron is that you are in charge of your base and creating buildings and units to defend against enemies. However, at any time you can jump into any unit you have and start playing in FPS mode. Each unit has their own set of abilities that can be leveled up and unlocked. Currently it is only a multiplayer game and can have up to 6 players at a time.

JeiyRXcl.png
2iP4nWYl.png
4fcpmCDl.jpg

You can check out more on our website: http://www.abatrongame.com

Hopefully that gives you a bit of an idea about the game and how it's played. If it look interesting to you, we'd love to have you for the Alpha testing coming up. The process for participating looks like this:

Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter: http://www.abatrongame.com/newsletter
Subscribers will be sent a survey to determine the best play times at the end of this month
Once a schedule is created, all survey participants will be notified
Scheduled play times are not required, however it will help guarantee that more players will be online.

And that's it! I know some of you probably stream or make videos, so you probably want to know if you can create content while playing. THE ANSWER IS YES! There will be no NDA during the playtest, so you can feel free to stream, make videos, etc. 

Thanks so much to all who sign up, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Will it work on my PS3. Have not upgraded to the 4 yet. 

Will it work on my PS3. Have not upgraded to the 4 yet. 

Hey there, Abatron currently is only for PC and Mac. Thanks!