Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Battlefield 1 "Glitches and Bugs"

Majrpane

• Member ID:  19225
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  349
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

I hav emade an attachment on a Stuttering Problem on BF1, sure hope this works as it my first attachment like this!

This is from a post I made on the BF1 forums on the problems that occur on a PC that  causes a Video Signal to slow down and "Stutter" when you move your game mouse too. I may have missed a point or two, but I hope you get the main Idea to anyone who takes the time to read this?

Stuttering ingame.txt

Hey guys! Post whatever you may have encountered as a "BUG or Glitch" on BF1 so we all can compare notes!

Maybe with all of us putting in our "tow cents" here, we can beat EA's system and fix our own stuff.

Thanks!

• Member ID:  23961
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  484
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  3415
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

I have 2 issues with the game, which is the medals keep resetting to the first weeks medal rotation, and the flare being stuck in rubble or a wall causing the map to be blindingly bright.

It will go from one round being fine to the next round going to week 1 medals, and then stays that way until I quit and come back.

As for the flare issue, that's being fixed in the patch so I'm told.

Awards

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

Anyone seen the that big Yellow light that sometimes appears on Amiens map, it is like the sun sitting on the ground, you cannot get near objective A because you cannot see for the blinding light, saw it again yesterday, was talking to people in the game over the weekend and they said it is quite common, don't know why they have not fixed it yet.

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  54
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  492
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4489
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  31914
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/17/1965
  • Device:  iPhone

Sob I've played a map yesterday and there was a big red light everywhere not sure what that was all about but some guy type that we were losing by such a margin the whole area went red ❓❓❓

Awards

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

Sob I've played a map yesterday and there was a big red light everywhere not sure what that was all about but some guy type that we were losing by such a margin the whole area went red ❓❓❓

Think he was just joking about it happening because you were losing, probably just another glitch m8.

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

I seen that yellow sun on the ground yesterday SOB.Same map that you mentioned.

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14304
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996

I have been having packet loss ever since game release, which has been so bad that I literally cant play without my ping randomly sky rocking or rubber banding. I had to manually configure the ports required for BF1 and the problems still occurred. I ran a trace route to the EA servers and it turned out there is a fault in my network regarding the packet loss. My ISP are sending out technicians on Friday to fix the problem as it is an underground line issue.

For anyone experiencing packet loss or just bad latency at times check to see if these ports are open on your router:

Ports for Battlefield 1

UDP - 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

TCP - 80, 443, 5222, 9988, 17502, 20000-20100, 22990, 42127

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

give them a year or so it will be playable then?BF4 took 1 1/2 years to be enjoyable game play lol

I have 2 issues with the game, which is the medals keep resetting to the first weeks medal rotation, and the flare being stuck in rubble or a wall causing the map to be blindingly bright.

It will go from one round being fine to the next round going to week 1 medals, and then stays that way until I quit and come back.

Thanks for the Flare info, now I feel that Ea cares  ....somewhat this tiime around! in BF4  I felt abandoned by the game maker.....

I have been having packet loss ever since game release, which has been so bad that I literally cant play without my ping randomly sky rocking or rubber banding. I had to manually configure the ports required for BF1 and the problems still occurred. I ran a trace route to the EA servers and it turned out there is a fault in my network regarding the packet loss. My ISP are sending out technicians on Friday to fix the problem as it is an underground line issue.

For anyone experiencing packet loss or just bad latency at times check to see if these ports are open on your router:

Ports for Battlefield 1

WOW! Great catch on the Packet  Loss!

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  45
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4454
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  36412
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

Benchmark your PC first pal, it will show you what your pc can really do. Don't just 

Plug and Play with that new vid card, theres to  many factors.

yes  along with updating hardware software be it Network, Chipset, Bios, Gpu and a new moniter lol

another thing to consider ts COOLING case air flow or water cooling Clean out dust from rads  

NOTE: canned air ..... never spin up any fan with blasting air on it for  becomes a generator and will produce more voltage than system and damage Motherboard

Ports for Battlefield 1

also do this in windows firewall or AV firewall
Edited by KaptCrunch

Can u    put that in the Origin/Help/Error, section Dude?

They seem to have a handle on the errors, and that one bugs me too!

Thanks

Ports for Battlefield 1

When the Tech/Plumber  fixes that "Leak"  don't forget to "Benchmark" your Video Card again ok?

Think he was just joking about it happening because you were losing, probably just another glitch m8.

Wonder what the prob is with that map? The "Yellow" light a get, as it may be a stuck, "kill"  on the sniper flare gun...but that "red" light?

Would be kinda interesting to me anyway to see if anyone here has seen the "Red" light anywhere else in the game?

Ps, I say game, as some idiot will make the usual "Red Light"  district in real life right? ha ha ha!!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  24860
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  31
  • Achievement Points:  229
  • Birthday:  08/06/1980

This is not a definitive list of things that will definitely boost your FPS, the solutions may help those experiencing unexpected low performance or stuttering. I will continue to update this.

ShadowPlay or PlaystV
  • It seems ShadowPlay has been causing huge FPS drops for SOME people(reducing frames by like 50) for whatever reason. Make sure you have it disabled until Nvidia releases a driver update. I haven't seen many problems from AMD users but this might also apply to Raptr/PlaysTV, so disable these. To see how to disable ShadowPlay see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7ej-SBLpzY
Drivers - Latest: AMD [16.10.3] 26th October, nVidia [375.70] 28th October High/100% CPU usage - FIX 1 (EA are aware of this and will patch in due course)
  • Make a file name 'user.cfg' and place it in your Battlefield 1 folder, add the following lines:

gametime.maxvariablefps 60
RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 1

• We're using 60 to limit the FPS, ideally you want this to match your refresh rate. If you're using a higher frequency display (i.e. 144hz) see if you get stable results at 60, then increase it gradually.

• The RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit is actually 0 by default, experiment with values 1,2 and 3.

• You can also also change these values in nVidia/AMD control panel if you prefer, there's a discussion on this here: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/42847/high-cpu-usage-low-fps-potential-fix/p1

High/100% CPU usage - FIX 2
  • Only one or two verified cases of this working but... try increasing your memory frequency within your BIOS, the XMP profiles should make this easy. Google search for specific instructions for your motherboard.

• Overclocking CPUs (especially voltages) has been causing the game to crash. Try downclocking/volting.

Graphical Glitches on Aimens (AMD Specific)
  • If you're experiencing large 'sun' like light on your screen (http://i.imgur.com/nmEF0Bf.jpg), or your screen going blue, black or red - try putting your lighting settings on Ultra. You can leave the other settings as they are, it fixed it for me and others but isn't definitive. This won't work if you apply mid game, you'll need to restart first.
Other Tips
  1. Disable Origin in-game, it's been causing DirectX crashes and is quite buggy right now. You an still alt-tab to accept invites etc. Disable all notifications too as they will minimize your game.

2. Try running the game in Borderless or Windowed Mode, this has improved FPS for some.

3. Make sure there is no memory limits in your BF1 advanced settings, either match it to your VRAM or set it to unrestricted.

4. Toggle DX12 on or off (Windows 10 only), you might see huge gains either way depending on drivers and hardware.

5. In Windows 10, make sure Xbox GameDVR is disabled. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6239-DZCB-8600#xboxapp

6. Unpark your cores (Windows 7 and 10) install ParkControl https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/ Make sure parking is disabled http://i.imgur.com/MfrLUrt.png and hit 'Apply', you may also want to adjust Frequency Scaling so it's always giving 100%, change this http://i.imgur.com/BT0TXfP.png and hit 'Apply'. Bear in mind this will use more power as your CPU won't dynamically alter clock speed.

7. Please note to force constant max CPU performance (either by setting the Frequency Scaling to 100% in ParkControl, or by setting the 'Minimum CPU' state to 100% in your power settings: http://i.imgur.com/cefxdV4.png ) you MUST have C1E DISABLED and EIST ENABLED within your BIOS, you should be looking for something like this: http://i.imgur.com/QLHv2pf.jpg (please check the edits at the bottom for more info on power states)

8. If you have an i7 CPU, make sure Hyperthreading is enabled in your BIOS.

9. Unplug or disable your second/third monitor. People have reported a 20+ FPS drop just from having a second monitor plugged in. It's also worth adding that if you mirror the game on two screens with different frequencies you'll always have stutter.

Other (unverified) solutions
  1. Disable Superfetch in Windows http://www.technipages.com/windows-enable-disable-superfetch Do this last, re-enable it if it has no effect.

2. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation has caused stutter in Battlefield 4 and other games, you could try turning it off: http://www.howtogeek.com/273764/what-is-windows-audio-device-graph-isolation-and-why-is-it-running-on-my-pc/

3. If you're using an older overclocked i5/i7 chip (2600k era etc.), you may see some benefits in disabling C3 and C6 power states in your BIOS.

This is from BF forums. :-)

Awards

• Member ID:  2137
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  3993
  • Birthday:  05/20/1964

Like that's ok for PC nerds but what about me and Mav we are fucked as I got no idea as to what to do now

• Member ID:  21353
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2708
  • Days Won:  1

I was playing today getting lots of kills and points then suddenly i was kicked and placed on another server wtf is that all about.

I did't even press anything to kick me from the server just placed me in a random server? then kicked me again and put me in another sever Great lol

• Member ID:  21353
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2708
  • Days Won:  1

No Chinese please I find it difficult enough to understand normal English lol 

No Chinese please I find it difficult enough to understand normal English lol 

Haha, I can translate that to Swedish if you like that better?! :happy:

Goddamn English nerds :lol: 

Edited by Souriel

Awards

Like that's ok for PC nerds but what about me and Mav we are fucked as I got no idea as to what to do now

Learn you dipshit :lol:  learn... haha! xoxo

Awards