Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Why do I need 3 hits to kill?

Bas

• Member ID:  20343
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  88
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3380
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30022
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983
  • Device:  iPhone

tubegasms... aaah... they instant gratification, the more the stronger the gasm... MMmmmMMmmmmm

• Member ID:  3696
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  308
  • Device:  Windows

As far as i can read all of this, we "regular" players all want Hardcore back, except for you Sammy. You are hardly ever on, so why not just give us what we want for once. You were the only one as well giving us a hard time when we asked the ACR back as well.

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6058
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Achievement Points:  50963
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981
  • Device:  Android

As far as i can read all of this, we "regular" players all want Hardcore back, except for you Sammy. You are hardly ever on, so why not just give us what we want for once. You were the only one as well giving us a hard time when we asked the ACR back as well.

Again....what Pinhead said.

• Member ID:  2048
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

cant stand it.when its finaly really  hc ill be back w swarms of others unless were both retired by then.

• Member ID:  25938
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  1493
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Achievement Points:  13299
  • Birthday:  08/08/1961

Title says it all, even with armor piercing I just needed multiple hits every kill. Wasn't the server HC setting once? Did we purposfully step off that? 

Cause you SUCK!!!!!!! Come on over and play with big boys...Battlefield 1!!

Johnny

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Yes why do I have a vision of John Cleese screaming "burn!!!!"

On a somewhat serious note, how about as a test, take out the softness from the core. I mean hardcore is where its at for COD Players. I am getting a new (faster) HDD, I will make some videos to show you what I mean about the absurdities we encounter from time to time. After 5 hit markers and a headshot I should just get a kill no? I know, I know, a lot of factors are at play, like the damage thru walls, and distance and accuracy. Really though, if the people want the simple stuff, let them have it. This isn't the pro-gaming league.

I watched both vids posted yesterday. I didnt see anything out of the ordinary.

Except perhaps a tendency to always keep to the same locations. :sofa:

You're talking about @AyeAyeRon's videos. He didn't capture what I am talking about. I know if you cannot see it you have a hard time giving the claim credibility. Yes, people do exaggerate when they are upset about something not going their way. They don't think about blast radius, obstructions, hipfire spread etc etc. I will show how I get 3 headshots and no kill, you mention body armor. I know only a select few experiment with actually using that as a perk.  To be clear, I am referring to headshots and hit repeat hit markers with no kill when they are behind an obstruction. 

Ok, will reiterate then.

Assuming starting 30 point perk-only body armor and perhaps a death streak (amount depending on 3/5/7 deaths) yes this can happen. Also care package armor. Since its one of the two most common rewards (the other being ammo) there can be quite a bit of it especially in a full server. Tho it is unlikely someone with deathstreaks get care packages unless they steal them from an enemy.

But if its 30 + 30 (health + perk armor) then two shots will kill, not accounting for outside factors that affect everybody in the game. The choice of weapon. Silencer. Range. If you are firing through an obstruction (which can be more than just simple walls) with a silencer its a double whammy.

Its a fast moving game with a lot of spraying and hip fire.  And yes, sometimes players will think there are two hit markers when there was only one. Players look at the enemy not screen elements. Sorry but thats the truth. If someone has all this armor because he is a poor player give him a break. Its just meant to give him a chance instead of constantly being frozen and scratching his ass while he waits for one of you to defrost him.

I *could* maybe do something where headshots do more damage against those with armor because realistically it is more significant than the torso. But I am not taking it out. However if I do that then the opposite with hit location modifiers should be enabled. If headshots are supposed to be considered heavier damage then feet and hands should be lighter damage.

You can all discuss and see if this trade off is fair.

So you're saying choose between killing a player by shooting his pinkie on the left foot or blowing his brains out? Why can't we have both? this game is not about realism.

The not so experienced players you are imagining, don't always use body armor for protection. They put on Hardwired, pick up a LMG, camp in spawn in a corner. Only the flak jacket came in popular use after the tubes couldn't kill them even with double shots or bazookas. @@Sammy something is out of whack or there is weak sauce some where.

I have never in my life used Body Armor. Some times I do get it after death streaks. I have noticed that I come out of spawn protection, defrost a couple of people with EMP and/or directly. I able to take a few hits and other people shooting me get really frustrated. I was able to hop around, turn in the direction of the shots and kill them. This has happened more than once. I can only imagine the same thing happens with other people when I shoot them. 

No its not about realism. Otherwise I would enable the functions that cripple you when hurt. Shot in the leg, you can only crawl. Shot in the torso, you bleed to death...similar to everyone automatically getting Venom. Shot in the arm, you cant use your weapon. Gotta use those health packs to save yourself. But it is about fairness, unpredictability and fun. Also, for new players you want to encourage them to pick up a gun and fight not camp because they dont want to die from a missing little finger. Maybe later add a new battle chatter. "Inconceivable!"

Besides, the whole idea of hardcore is a misnomer. Hardcore should be just that... hard. Killing an enemy by blowing off his pinky is just lame. But I suppose everyone wants to be Luke Skywalker blowing up the massive Death Star by attacking the small thermal exhaust port just below the main port. Maybe I should do a new perk. The Force. :lol:

• Member ID:  4147
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  747
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6243
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/25/1968

Ok, will reiterate then.

Assuming starting 30 point perk-only body armor and perhaps a death streak (amount depending on 3/5/7 deaths) yes this can happen. Also care package armor. Since its one of the two most common rewards (the other being ammo) there can be quite a bit of it especially in a full server. Tho it is unlikely someone with deathstreaks get care packages unless they steal them from an enemy.

But if its 30 + 30 (health + perk armor) then two shots will kill, not accounting for outside factors that affect everybody in the game. The choice of weapon. Silencer. Range. If you are firing through an obstruction (which can be more than just simple walls) with a silencer its a double whammy.

Its a fast moving game with a lot of spraying and hip fire.  And yes, sometimes players will think there are two hit markers when there was only one. Players look at the enemy not screen elements. Sorry but thats the truth. If someone has all this armor because he is a poor player give him a break. Its just meant to give him a chance instead of constantly being frozen and scratching his ass while he waits for one of you to defrost him.

I *could* maybe do something where headshots do more damage against those with armor because realistically it is more significant than the torso. But I am not taking it out. However if I do that then the opposite with hit location modifiers should be enabled. If headshots are supposed to be considered heavier damage then feet and hands should be lighter damage.

You can all discuss and see if this trade off is fair.

@@Sammy @@iboomboom As I said at the beginning of this thread...I had FOUR visible and audible hit markers(using the SAW/double tap/armor piercing) on a guy square in the back of his torso with no intermediary obstructions and he hopped, turned and one shot killed me. Also, this player was I believe either Minispawn or Hellspawn JR....both players that are sometimes able to go 50 kills 9 deaths(or even better) on a map..so they clearly are not amateurs. I have even been in situations where Minispawn will hop into a room...I will get a few hit markers on him (he then kills me) then watch another team mate get a couple hits on him (he then kills them)...then finally a third person shoots him and he dies. I have no idea exactly what loadout he is using, but whateve3r it is he is able to run and gun/hop and still get a very high K/D ratio on some maps.

I have a ping around 88-95 ms in-game. I have noticed that I need more shots at my end to get a kill or hits on people with ping less than half of mine i.e 40ms. The spawn kids hop around which makes their hit markers jump all over the place and a little difficult to get a registered hit. 

You are quite sure you had armor piercing? It works quite well. There were times I was testing things on the server... and gave myself a shitload of armor so I wouldnt constantly die since I didnt shoot people... and players with AP would almost always get me in one shot anyways. Unless they did less than 30 damage for whatever reason.

If someone goes 50 and 9 its very unlikely he got deathstreak armor of course. Possibly care package armor but that is only 30 points. Another rare but possible scenario is 30+30+30 for a health-startarmor-cparmor combo. So going after someone with 90 points is going to be tough. At 90 few weapons will kill in two shots without stopping power even if close range and no obstructions. Some might say its unfair. But it only works once unlike juggy that lasts forever. For info, the SAW does 30 points damage max per round at optimum range. This is the standard game setting not mine. Which is why I like the 40 points from the RPD better.

One way to get that 90. If you call in your package, and the random choice is armor, leave it there. Change your loadout the next time you are frozen to get the perk armor. Get the package. 90 points. However in doing so you are choosing not to get stealth or another perk. You also choose not to reroll for a tac nuke. So getting that one time only 60 points is pretty expensive but if people want to spend it thats their choice.

• Member ID:  7547
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  714
  • Achievement Points:  5030
  • Birthday:  07/10/1984

Why is it everyone agrees there's something over powered with the armour but you keep saying it's meant to be that way. We play your mod all the time, we're informing you that it is out of balance, can't you just knock it back a touch so that it doesn't take someone with an mp5k over a clip to kill someone.

Regardless of load outs and perks, it should never take a full clip to kill someone in a game.

• Member ID:  4147
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  747
  • Achievement Points:  6243
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/25/1968

You are quite sure you had armor piercing? It works quite well. There were times I was testing things on the server... and gave myself a shitload of armor so I wouldnt constantly die since I didnt shoot people... and players with AP would almost always get me in one shot anyways. Unless they did less than 30 damage for whatever reason.

If someone goes 50 and 9 its very unlikely he got deathstreak armor of course. Possibly care package armor but that is only 30 points. Another rare but possible scenario is 30+30+30 for a health-startarmor-cparmor combo. So going after someone with 90 points is going to be tough. At 90 few weapons will kill in two shots without stopping power even if close range and no obstructions. Some might say its unfair. But it only works once unlike juggy that lasts forever. For info, the SAW does 30 points damage max per round at optimum range. This is the standard game setting not mine. Which is why I like the 40 points from the RPD better.

One way to get that 90. If you call in your package, and the random choice is armor, leave it there. Change your loadout the next time you are frozen to get the perk armor. Get the package. 90 points. However in doing so you are choosing not to get stealth or another perk. You also choose not to reroll for a tac nuke. So getting that one time only 60 points is pretty expensive but if people want to spend it thats their choice.

Yep I always use AP with my SAW loadout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok that is unusual then because when I do test things out players with it always take me out in one shot. Even with my 1000 points of armor.

• Member ID:  2206
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  126
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1021
  • Birthday:  01/29/1991

Ok that is unusual then because when I do test things out players with it always take me out in one shot. Even with my 1000 points of armor.

I can confirm tho, I was getting mad sick of the multiple hits, so I put on armor piercing, started hitting people and they still kept on walking. Okay some shots were through window glass or small wooden structures, but who cares. If I put an armor piercing round  into someones pretty head and one in another location, that person should not be able to survive, even if they have the magical protection of god, allah and buddah fighting over who to save him more, although I will admit, that glass window might make a difference.

For real tho, havn't been on the server for quite a while because I'd rather just play something else than COD softcore..

And on a side note, just because it sucks less than juggy does not meen it doesn't suck.

Edited by Bas

Awards

• Member ID:  833
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  765
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5688

Dont we have multiple MW2 servers for redirect?

can we try a different mod on each one?

Would kinda makes helmets pointless wouldnt it.

Sammy basically players want this game simplified. If they wanted something tactical they wouldn't be playing a 9 year old game. Your efforts to make a well balanced mod are commendable. However, of that drives the players away then what's the point? You will have a well balanced mod on an empty server. The network and hit registration issues really add to the frustration. In ideal non laggy scenarios I am sure it all works out great.

In other words, make it easier for people to get kills. I remember with the OP ACR you could mow down 5 enemy players with one mag if they were lined up. Everyone likes easy...

• Member ID:  2986
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  206
  • Topic Count:  384
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6453
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Achievement Points:  50693
  • Birthday:  12/19/1967

I know we have talked about this before, but the EMP for defrosting is just off.  The other day Angus threw one in a small room and nothing yet when you throw it against a car the radius is way larger....