Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Recent changes made to server's

Barron

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14304
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996
  • Device:  Windows

New changes:

• Team switches for both sides are implemented after 2 rounds attacking/defending and if it goes to a tie it goes to a 5th round

• People with VAC bans are blocked from joining both server's

Those changes have been made in the last week or so and have received mostly positive responses but has had one or two negatives responses. The changes stated are open to change if theres enough backing regarding either of the changes

----------  Server 2 is up for the debate regarding team switching      -    Server 1 will remain the the team switches  ----------

Any feedback regarding theses changes is welcome

Edited by Barron3000

• Member ID:  25384
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  11

Hi XI ! 

Just want to say that you had the best push server out there and one of the reason why it was a very good server its because there was no switching sides after 2 rounds ... You had one of the few servers that wasent switching sides ... and that why i was playing on it every day ! Ill have  to find an other server that has the no switching sides rule ! 

Like my dad use to say , if its aint broken why fix it ? 

Seriously though i like the vac ban change ! I dont trust a guy that was  vac banned ....period ! 

Thx 

Zap 

• Member ID:  24908
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  90
  • Birthday:  04/26/1990

Totally agree with the VAC ban implementation. 

I would like to see the server matches stay the way they were - pick a side and play it until first to 3. No switching. I dont have a huge issue with the switching but when you play a more one sided map you are most likley going to be playing that map for 5 rounds. People get bored and then leave. Id much rather see a 5 round game where you stay on the same side throughout which makes a close match. Not going 5 rounds on sinjar back and forward between teams trying to get up the hill. ( i know sinjar isnt in the rotation but its an example). 

side note: is there any other stat software other than gameme? its purely based on KD and doesnt take into consideration Objectives. 9 times out of 10 ill be top of leaderboard with obj and kills but the stat software just now favours a camper who sits for kills doing nothing for the team, again its not an issue at all as the stats dont aquate to anything but it would be nice to have obj recognised. 

Basically a few weeks back several people have been asking me in game about having possible team switches during games, I said I look into it. A majority of Push servers have the team switches implemented so I decided to experiment with it on Server 1 about 2 weeks ago and I got some positive feedback from it. About a week later I decided to put the changes onto Server 2 and I have received a mixed response good and bad from the regular players.

Server 2 was the first server I implemented Push only on several months back and left it running the classic Push settings with no team switches. It has been in the top 5 on Gametracker ever since. I can understand the mixed reviews about the new changes to the regular players who have stood by the server for many months. With that been said I think I will be changing it back to its original settings once the server empties out which could be tomorrow or in the next few days who knows.

One of the thinks I have noticed about the team switches is that once you switch teams you lose all the supply points you had earned in the first 2 rounds which is beginning to annoy me already :lol:

Server 1 on the other hand was literally dying a few months back so I decided to make it a push only server also. By making it Push only it literally got revived and is also full daily along with Server 2. Since it's the newer of the 2 push servers I think I will leave that server with the team switches and have server 2 back to its classic push settings.

Regards to GameMe , I dont think there is another stat plugin like it as such. The only other stats we sort of offer is on Gametracker but I don't know how the scores and points work.

I have the GameMe stats in general set at default but there is another ways of changing points earned and lost.

For example the Maximum Skill Change (most points you can gain at one time) is set at its default of 25 points. I can change that value between 1-1000.

The other thing is the Skill Mode which is set as default which is "Victims lost full points killers got".

There is 4 other options for that and they are as follows:

• Victims lost 3/4 full points killers got
  • Victims lost 1/2 full points killers got
  • Victims lost 1/4 full points killers got
  • Victims lost no points

Now those options all listed there I could change them and such but I don't know how the points you would earn effect the GameMe global rankings for Insurgency. They probably would still capture your points as the Default options for the global rankings

• Member ID:  22503
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  173
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1270
  • Birthday:  11/14/1988

I've started playing insurgency again this week and must say I quite like the side switching half way. The only downside is, like barron you'll lose the supply points. But I guess that's by design of the game instead of server side. But either way, I don't really favour the new or old server settings. I'll just follow the majority :)

Awards

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot about this post but thanks for the input

Server 2 will remain the same as it was , I may have to try rename or change the MOTD for both servers but I highly doubt that would matter to be honest

Since the changes I have not heard 1 complaint since. I have only heard someone on steam asking for skirmish back on our servers, I will leave that for another day if enough people are interested

Anyway with that said anymore input/suggestions is always welcome and I will see what I can do!