Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Spawn Protectors?

GMan

• Member ID:  24908
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  90
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/26/1990

if any of you play on the 1 & 2 servers you would have most likely came across a particular clan that come in roughly as a 4 man group. 

They take the demo classes and incessantly spawn-kill with explosives not giving players, especially new players a chance to play the game. This forces people to leave and avoid the server. Attrition of new players isnt a problem as it will always get populated but some of the top ranked players, (myself included) are now looking at other servers where said clan are already banned. (USMC, TBG, CLANVPP etc)

I have been on the servers maybe 3 times the past month when i used to be on pretty much everyday because of this toxic group. I think XI is one of the only main servers they haven't been pulled up on it. Fair enough they have been scrambled into different teams when an admin is present but its not enough. 

the whole server turns toxic, the match becomes pointless and everyone hates the experience. 

im all for well placed explosives and the odd lesson teacher as we've all done it when we get the chance but sitting in a restricted area at point B when A isnt even taken yet waiting to spawnkill 15+ guys when its capped is a joke. 

spawn protection should be added to the servers to at least curb it or those guys should be banned if they abuse the restricted system. 

spawnkilling has been an argument forever with it being a mechanic of the game but protectors should be considered.

Edited by GMan

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14304
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996
  • Device:  Windows

It's good that you actually brought up that point actually.

I was meant to talk to the Brazilian clan for the last week or so about the spawn killing. They have been playing quite late at night now when I am not on (3/4am), and there has been 7 of them playing 1 of the nights. They also said they had their own Insurgency server a few months back but still continue to play on other servers.

There is other clans that tend to spawn kill as well such as (Meatlips) , (+CG+) , (F.A.R.T.) just to name a few,  but they don't spawn kill excessively like the Brazillians .

I was considering increasing spawn protection times during the big changes recently. I just cant see it working on some maps.

The main map I was focusing on when considering the increased spawn protection time was buhriz after you cap A point.

You spawn under the bridge to attack B point. The second you leave under the bridge you are under fire from snipers/machine gunners sitting back. If I increased spawn protection for extra 5 seconds for example , people leaving from under the bridge would be immune from many enemy shots for the extra 5 seconds.

It's quite difficult to implement as you have to consider most spawn points on maps and how increased spawn protection time would perform and how effective would it be.

I am all up from increased spawn protection times but I may need a volunteer to test it out on our test server

• Member ID:  221
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1864
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Achievement Points:  12302
  • Birthday:  06/10/1967

not a bad idea Barron.  I have noticed that has been increasingly becoming a problem as well and was actually going to bring this up as well. And the Clans you have mentioned have been the main culprits of this.  I can try to help with anything you need. I am usually on most nights about 6:00pm central time . so just let me know what I can do to help

not a bad idea Barron.  I have noticed that has been increasingly becoming a problem as well and was actually going to bring this up as well. And the Clans you have mentioned have been the main culprits of this.  I can try to help with anything you need. I am usually on most nights about 6:00pm central time . so just let me know what I can do to help

Yeah I understand where you are coming from man

I'm currently in the process of talking to one of them that speak that speaks good English, not many of them speak english

I have added you on steam by the way , hope to talk soon

• Member ID:  25403
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  247

yea this is a problem. i have left the server many times as soon as they have joined just to avoid the spawn killing. But as barron said it's not only the brazilians that are doing it. a warning on the loading page would be a start, maybe a few warnings in game then kicked or banned if they persist.

If you need help with the test server you only need to ask.

@ Gman was wondering where you had disappeared to

I blame Barron. 

yea this is a problem. i have left the server many times as soon as they have joined just to avoid the spawn killing. But as barron said it's not only the brazilians that are doing it. a warning on the loading page would be a start, maybe a few warnings in game then kicked or banned if they persist.

If you need help with the test server you only need to ask.

@ Gman was wondering where you had disappeared to

I know where you are coming from, a warning on the MOTD would be good but a spawn camping rule cannot be enforced if there is not alot of admins/mods that can support the rule.  It just wouldn't work as people would still continue to do it once I am offline like

Regards to helping out with the test server your more than welcome to test out the extra spawn protection but it may take a while :lol:

There are certain maps where you can sit well back and fire an rpg or at4 at players coming from spawn, chances of taking out the whole team is slim. It's the running through a restricted area to plant a c4 right in the spawn that really gets on my left nipple. 

• 4 weeks later...

this is really getting out of hand bad enough when 1 player is setting c4 which kills the first 5 or 6 players coming out of spawn then you have someone else sitting with at4 to take out the rest  :devil:

• 9 months later...

• Member ID:  26586
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Achievement Points:  168

Hah.

Anyway, you guys should also take a look at CK (Colombian Killers)