Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

• Member ID:  25740
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  20
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hello! I know Nos already said this, but I was going to ask for everyone's opinion, the reason I think Taint spreads is a good idea because it adds more challenge to the game.

It makes sense that you would have to find a way to fight taint and protect yourself. I understand some people would get ticked off at their house getting engulfed by taint, but what if there was a 3 month time limit, and all taint would be replaced with normal terrain (Witchery has the ability to change biomes). I am not trying to start a flame war, and would appreciate it if everyone did not cuss me out. Thanks! -Caesarian_Shadow 1.7.10 Pack

Please reply, I would like feedback.

• Member ID:  25740
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  20

23 minutes ago, Caesarian_Shadow said:

Hello! I know Nos already said this, but I was going to ask for everyone's opinion, the reason I think Taint spreads is a good idea because it adds more challenge to the game.

It makes sense that you would have to find a way to fight taint and protect yourself. I understand some people would get ticked off at their house getting engulfed by taint, but what if there was a 3 month time limit, and all taint would be replaced with normal terrain (Witchery has the ability to change biomes). I am not trying to start a flame war, and would appreciate it if everyone did not cuss me out. Thanks! -Caesarian_Shadow 1.7.10 Pack

Please reply, I would like feedback.

"The fish does not find itself, the fish gets fucked up by a bumble bee while eating a sandwich"

• Member ID:  2986
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  206
  • Topic Count:  384
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6453
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Achievement Points:  50693
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  12/19/1967
  • Device:  iPhone

OK.....I know I'm not the only one who thought this was about something else.............

• Member ID:  23498
  • Group:  ++ Minecraft Admin
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  5750
  • Days Won:  1
  • Device:  Linux

who would maintain this 3 month limit. H-admins already fix every error, reset dims every 30 days and do it for free. So we understand you want a greater challenge but even in your description it would be at the expense of others

so IMO Nost was correct in disabling it since witchery is only one mod of the 200 + used on the sever

• Member ID:  490
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  446
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  3309
  • Birthday:  04/25/1973
  • Device:  Windows

1 hour ago, Gatorgirl said:

OK.....I know I'm not the only one who thought this was about something else.............

LOL, thats the only reason i clicked on it, i have no idea what it actually ended up being about

• Member ID:  23145
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  175
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2089
  • Birthday:  02/05/1959

and just who's taint are we speaking of ?  some taints No one wants to see :):sofa::hi:

• Member ID:  842
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965
  • Device:  Windows

taint what most of you were thinking eh'??

• Member ID:  24994
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  156
  • Birthday:  08/25/1995

On 4/12/2017 at 9:28 PM, Slackernet said:

who would maintain this 3 month limit. H-admins already fix every error, reset dims every 30 days and do it for free. So we understand you want a greater challenge but even in your description it would be at the expense of others

so IMO Nost was correct in disabling it since witchery is only one mod of the 200 + used on the sever

Sounds like you guys could use some help. 

I've volunteered to help out and try to do my best to help in ways i already can. Not sure what the status of this is though as I was told to wait until the XI membership rules were updated. 

Anyways thanks for what you guys do. I love the server and really enjoy playing on it and appreciate the staff that do their best to maintain it!

To keep this post on topic I'd have to say that taint spread is a bad idea imo. This server is not even close to a difficulty server in SO many ways. If you want more difficulty there are many other ways to add that rather than enabling something that could, as the OP said himself, would destroy player's bases etc. Milmaxleo had this problem with one of this towny members. Taint ruined her entire base. 

I will leave a list of some other ways I think you could increase difficulty without increasing the workload of the admins or causing too much frustration from the player base: 

1. Decrease pay time for playing. Having money (and player shops) pretty much makes it easy to get from beginnger to end-game in a few days. 

2. Set an official chunk loader limit. Now I do understand that enforcing this rule would be difficult and can be bypassed by towns with lots of towny members (such as myself, 21+ :D) but it would definitely make strategy on where you place them a bit more viable. (this would also help with TPS)

I would just like to say that I like how the server is now, not too difficult and, well yeah it is pretty easy to progress on the server. It's not advertised as a difficulty or pvp server and I believe it should stay that way. 

Anyways thats all I have to say about that :)

• Member ID:  3682
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1834
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  14780
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/12/1960
  • Device:  Android