Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Other Game Ban Appeal

nicotine

• Member ID:  26001
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  40
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

This appeal and its replies are in a public forum and can be seen by all.

What game did you get banned from?: Insurgency
What server were you banned from?: XI-2
When did you get banned?: Today
What was your in-game name?: nicotinefig
What is your game GUID (if known):
Why do you think you were banned?:

Was banned because someone thinks im hacking

• Member ID:  25999
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Achievement Points:  6

Right,  I will respond to this, considering I am the one who set this whole thing into motion.

For reference, I am Pie the Corner and Believe. I have over 400 hours on this game, and one of my favorite things is spectating people who make my cheating senses tingle. That happens rarely, but when it does happen, I have a pretty good track record with being right. I have gotten 5 or so formerly top 10 players banned in the past, and this is once again no exception. 

My questioning started when on Tell Nico was consistently killing me instantly after we rounded a corner in close quarters. I didn't even have a chance to shoot, and the shots seemed to be almost unreasonably quick. Considering I am rarely beaten to the punch every single time, I began to question. Nobody has a reaction time that fast, and nobody can hit shots that well that close. I took note of it and asked nico if he was hipfiring blindly around corners, but he refused to answer.

Thereafter, on Burhiz, one of my good insurgency friends asked me to spectate Nico since he was also getting hit with shots that did not make sense.  I use a program called Nvidia Shadowplay to record in game footage after pressing ALT-F10. It records the past 30 seconds or so, and I use it to record funny or cool clips. However, I also use it to catch people who blatantly cheat. It is a powerful program, and I would recommend any player to use it. 

After watching for a short while Nico made the mistake of toggling and snapped onto a player. While Nico was looking away, with the enemy through 4 walls and in the second story of a building, Nico instantly snapped to the player and crouched. He tried to play it off by slowly panning to his right, almost like a "ha ha ha that wasnt a snap nope ha ha." He would have had no idea that the player was there, and the instant snap, aim, and crouch, is all too telling. In the past when I have gotten players banned they exhibited that exact same sequence. If need be, I am sure the admins will post the video here.

Another important note is that as soon as I started spectating Nico his play began to fall rapidly. After getting over 100 kills on Tell and having the reaction speed of a cat, he was sluggish, couldn't hit shots, and all in all playing pretty poorly. It was a shocking difference from the Nico that was killing me, and everyone else, on Tell. In fact, in a game after this incident, it seemed like Nico had trouble hitting even the most rudimentary of shots while I was spectating him. This is consistent with every other hacker I have seen. They play incredibly well, but the moment someone begins to spectate, their play drops. This is, of course, harder to see with people who hide it well, but the pattern remains. 

In sum, the ridiculous reaction times with perfect shots in close quarters, the blatant snap onto a player that could not have been known to be there, and the very poor play of Nico while having someone spectate him, paints a picture that is inline with every other hacker on this game I have seen. 

Immediately after the snap I began calling Nico out. Saying that he's not legit, that he has to message me and explain the snap otherwise I will send it to the admins, all of that. I tried very hard to get him to explain what I just saw and recorded. He refused. I then sent the video to several other top 10 and 20 players worldwide, and they all agreed that it was a snap akin to that of someone who cheats. I would never make a claim without asking others, but since they all agreed, I sent the video to an admin. The admin then banned Nico. 

All in all, I am someone who has been trying to clean this game up for a while now, and this is another yet another "open and shut" case. I am completely open to answering questions, and am more than willing to work with the admins of XI to continue cleaning up the servers. 

Sincerely,

Pie the Corner and Believe

Edited by Pie The Corner

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6416
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Achievement Points:  54322
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965
  • Device:  Windows

Thank you for your appeal a Admin will respond when they can so please be patient

So i guess i have a say in this as well?

First of i dont know you Pie The Corner and Believe but i do think i know why you have a problem with me which i dont wanna lay out here and which has nothing to do with the accusation of hacking - and you know what im talking about.

Youre questioning a player that has over 3 times as many hours of gameplay as you have and claiming to know when a player cheats? Seriously?

You claim that you asked me if i was hipfiring - you didnt ask me anything. If youre referring to using mic com i have voice_enable 0.... It seems more like youre the one not answering me - see attached image.

I have never been accused of hacking and ive never had a VAC-ban or anything - ive been accused of spawnkilling sure but never hacking.

So with that being said and with your video evidence of 15 sec this accusation falls short of everything.

Smells to me like a player that is butt hurt and who cant handle a player that plays better than himself.

Im not gonna mention any names but a quick look at your Steam friend list it also makes sense why it is in your interest to get me banned and coup me from the server where i am regular as Barron also very wells knows. As far as Steam friend list goes - again you know what im referring to.

The sad part is that you actually went to the lenght of doing this and that i have to spend time explaining myself.

Skærmbillede 2017-06-05 kl. 11.41.48.png

One last thing: youre referring to me as playing badly after we played Tell - but we played Buhriz and i played very well on that map. So i dont really see the accusation there either. Again this reeks of someone wanting to coup me from my regular server.

• Member ID:  1942
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  142
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1419
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  10820
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/21/1965

Gents, please dont get into it on the forum, an Admin will investigate and resolve.

Clearly there is not a lot of love between you, just allow the team to do their job and someone will be in touch.

Thanks, 

• Member ID:  25403
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  247

Something else for the admins to consider:

Server loading screen was updated a few weeks back stating:

No excessive spawn killing 

No using map exploits

Every night you do the exact opposite. Yes you have been accused of spawn camping, by me a lot but you still blatently ignore the server rules.

Since you are such a fantastic player with so many hours on record why do you have to resort to spawn camping and using glitches in the maps to get a high score?

Many nights i have left the server (as have a lot of other players) because of the spawn kills. Most nights i refuse to join when i see you are there. I am sure there are other players that do the same.

Try playing by the rules of the servers that you play on. Clans pay a lot of money every month to supply these servers for players..

Enjoy your evening folks

20170529231015_1.jpg

20170529231014_1.jpg

20170529230504_1.jpg

20170521220921_1.jpg

20170521222125_1.jpg

20170521222128_1.jpg

20170521222157_1.jpg

20170529230225_1.jpg

20170529225412_1.jpg

Hi Fear.me.not

Will you be so kind to tell me how this is relevant to the current post?

Besides being an opportunist i see you are also immune to sarcasm.

"yes i waited a whole map for it"

and exactly where you chose to place your black circle it says quite unreadable:

"i am only here to spawnkill fear.me.nots ass"

Do you smell any sarcasm in these remarks?

If not then you might want to reconsider your relationship with it and avoid posting stuff like this in a thread that is irrelevant to the matter at hand.

• Member ID:  375
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  92
  • Topic Count:  384
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4062
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  37131
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  06/01/1970