Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Powershell and Stuff

TobyDeDrone

• Member ID:  25297
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  835
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

I've been working on some simple little snippets using Powershell that can come in handy if anyone's interested.
Ill keep updating this post with new ones i create and if you need anything powershell related just let me know :)
First one can be ran in powershell but its a dquery rather than an actual script.

dsquery * -Limit 0 -filter "(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(department=*))" -Attr Samaccountname Displayname department > DerpDerp.txt

This one calls back to AD and outputs Username, Display name and their Department to a file called DerpDerp.txt (this can be whatever you want)

$pcname=read-host "Enter the computer name:"
gwmi win32_computersystem -comp $pcname | select USername,Caption,Manufacturer

This allows you to see what user is logged onto a specific PC / Server it will also use WMI to pull back the manufacturer of the hardware.

$User = Read-Host "Enter Username"
Import-Module ActiveDirectory
Get-ADUser $User -properties PasswordLastSet | Format-List

Now the last one is just because i was messing around with Powershell this allows you to see when a specific users password was last set, But as i'm sure you know type "net user TargetUsername /domain" into the cmd applet will also yield the same results.

All these lines just need to be saved as .ps1 to allow them to execute.
Edited by TobyDeDrone

Awards